𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒, marcus...

By -JUDESZN

Marcus Rashford x fem oc ❝surely, he isn't the one I need.❞ ❝but I need YOU, nova❞ A jo... More

CAST
001||Earned it
002||View
003||Shook
004||Request
005||Trance
006||Apology
007||Busy
008||Stupid
009||Relax
010|| Broken secret
011||Deep
012||Leave
013||Attitude
015||Drunk in love
016||Thunder
017||Caught
018||Connection
019||Settled
020||Long day
021||Scent
022||Chance
023||Fooled
024||Flowers
025||Shopping
026||Surprise
027||Promise ring
028||Tension
029||Past
030||Distraught
031||Content
032||Outskirts
033||Home

014||Gone

359 7 2
By -JUDESZN

Chapter 014

SURELY, HE ISN'T THE ONE WHO I NEED

|NOVA|

MY GROWING IRRITATION caused me to become quite stubborn myself. "why are you ignoring me and not telling me what i did? i already apologized, and you know how much i hate being ignored."

"you're the one standing in my room when no one asked you to." he raised his voice and furrowed his eyebrows giving me a look.

"why are you being so hostile? i already explained why i'm here, because you've blatantly ignored me for days now, are you not seeing how this is irritating me?"

 "why would you care anyways, you'd end up walking away" he scoffed, letting out a mocking chuckle.

"marcus, come on. i thought we were over that. you know i didn't mean to leave you." i said back, hoping he'd finally forgive me for what happened between us on our first date. i hadn't realised just how much it had affected him, given that he seemed to be acting normally towards me the next day.

"god nova, you talk too much. you know that?" he complained. "you've been standing there for AGES, do you ever understand that maybe i want to be left alone and to have some time without you constantly talk my ears off?." he rolled his eyes and turned off the lights on the nightstand beside him, and pulled the covers over himself before lying back down.

I stood there silently as his words repeated in my head, wanting to retaliate and get everything off my mind, but instead, i just accepted it and rushed out, sobbing tears of frustration, knowing i'd made yet another huge mistake in moving in with him.

 I ran back to my room to grab my phone and put on my shoes, not caring that I had left my coat behind. I stormed down the stairs without a second thought, eager to get out of this house and away from Marcus.

Standing in front of the front door, I was met with a daunting realization that the guards would not let me out without Marcus's approval. I started to feel a burst of annoyance welling up inside of me, knowing that my only option was to throw a tantrum, and I considered whether it would be worth the shame of making a scene in front of strangers.

As the guards finally let me out, I felt a sense of relief wash over me, and then I chuckled to myself, knowing that the guards probably thought I was one of Marcus's one-night stands.

I no longer cared which direction i ended up in, as long as I could find somewhere far away from Marcus and an opportunity to walk and clear my mind, i wouldn't bother me.

My phone lit up after I got a notification, my vision blurred with tears running down my face. I wiped my eyes but more tears streamed down my hot and steamy cheeks, making it hard to see. I continued walking, staring at my phone while attempting to make out the notification.

The notification from SHEIN only succeeded in adding salt to the wound, as I had hoped for a message from Marcus that could have at least offered some form of consolation. Yet, the notification was nothing but a meaningless discount that did little to alleviate my emotional distress. I felt completely defeated, not even caring about the discount, as my heart continued to ache.

My heartbreak continued to consume me for every step I took, and my mind searched for the support I so desperately needed.

"surely he isn't the one who i need." i found myself speaking out my thoughts to myself.

The lack of anyone who i could turn to only increased as it headed towards midnight. I didn't want to disturb anyone with my troubles, as it would only make me feel worse.

In spite of walking for a while now, it seemed that I was still in the same neighbourhood and surrounded by the same houses, making it difficult to find my way out.

I walked down the sidewalk, noticing the few stores on the side were all closed, except for one in particular that was illuminated, providing much needed light to the otherwise gloomy night, noticing that the store in front of me was a pub, immediately hesitating to enter due to my resolve to stay sober and the limited money in my pockets.

I had expected my stay at Marcus's mansion to be one of comfort and security, but instead, I felt more alone and abandoned than ever before, refusing to be dependent on Marcus anymore.

|THIRD PERSON|

MARCUS REMAINED IN bed with his head pounding, feeling his body slowly beginning to demand sustenance. He checked the time, realizing it was already 1 AM, and he knew he would have to act quickly before hunger got the best of him. 

Without the will to even get up, he resigned himself to searching the pantry for food, even going so far as to consider ordering from Nova's favorite restaurant. Either way, he realized he couldn't put off eating any longer, or it would be a rather miserable night.

Marcus slid on his slippers and headed down the stairs to the kitchen, determined to scavenge any snacks he could find. 

The pantry door was open and revealed the contents within, causing him to let out a sigh of disappointment. He had thought he would find something slightly more substantial than biscuits and crisps, but it seem this would have to suffice.

 After realizing how strict he needed to be with his diet, Marcus made his decision, deciding not to indulge in any of his own food for the time being.

The sudden hunger pains were becoming unbearable. After picking up the BBQ crisps, he tried his best to resist eating any, trying to convince himself that Nova would enjoy them more than he would

He went back up the stairs and knocked swiftly at her bedroom door then waited for a response at the door but silence filled his ear, his frustration was growing by the minute, and his patience was wearing thin. 

When he continued to receive no response, he finally gave up on waiting and decided to take action by barging into the room.

Marcus's sudden intrusion was met with a scene that confused him even more. As he tossed the crisps on Nova's bed, he realized that she was also missing. He checked her bathroom, her wardrobe, and eventually every spot he could think of, but found no sign of her.

As he considered her sudden departure, Marcus's thoughts ran to think of what could have possibly prompted her to leave so abruptly. He blamed himself, believing he should have known better than to behave so aggressively, considering how emotional she could be.

Marcus was determined to get in contact with her, as he attempted to dial her number multiple times with no sign of a response. While he was fully aware he was bare-chested with only shorts, he didn't care anymore, he knew it was too far to let her wonder around the unknown streets alone.

In his desperation to locate her, Marcus had no time, going straight to his guards for answers. 

 Marcus felt his heart sink to his stomach as they answered him. He couldn't believe they would simply let her out at a time like that without even bothering to question her. He was beginning to lose his grasp on the situation, overwhelmed with the uncertainty of where she was heading or what she planned to do next.

Marcus continued to call her with no response, feeling the dread of the situation growing with each failed attempt to reach her. As he began to jog around the neighborhood, he cursed himself for not choosing any shoe he owned, instead of being in his sliders.

To his relief, he noticed that she'd previously shared her location, making him quickly try to locate her as she began navigating through the streets of manchester.

𝐀UTHORS NOTE: 

everytime i write a chapter, i always end up hating it for no reason even if i spend hours on it😭 

(please do interact with my story in any way shape or form, thank youu!)✌🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 4.6K 39
❝ Well, sorry to say this, but I think I'm going to be here for a while ❞ imbalance 》》lack of proportion or relation between corresponding things. In...
6.7K 208 29
"ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ɪ ʜᴀᴛᴇ ʏᴏᴜ!" 𝐉𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨
21.1K 562 26
❝ 𝐜'𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐚 𝐯𝐢𝐞 𝐉𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐧, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 ❞ | where two lovers find each other through a book in a manchester library... ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎...
62K 452 67
𝟐𝟐 𝐒𝐨𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲! 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐜 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐭🌶 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧 𝐊.