ALLURED : [#bound by attracti...

By AnjolaAfolabi544

Following the life of a pluzsize nigerian lady after after her life comes crashing down when she finds out th... More

Prologue
Authors note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
authors note
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Thank you
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31-- He's Back
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
NOTICE
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Message to all my Readers and supporters
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 28

183 10 2
By AnjolaAfolabi544

~This chapter is dedicated to all my readers and supporter -💫🥰

KHALIL

I stood in between them before he could shout at her and took him out.

" why are acting like that to her" I asked ,cause I couldn't take the fact that he hit her and she's just like a sister to me.

" it becuase she didn't take good care of her , that's why eman is in the hospital" he said angrily .

" have your anger fits come back again" I asked seeing the way in was furious.

" you shouldn't have hit her , it wasn't even her fault" I said and he turned to me confused , before asking " what do you mean" .

" you didn't even hear her side of the story " I said .

" after she made us lunch , she was about to feed eman when I bumped into her and spilled the food on her clothes , so she told the nanny to get eman some food while she changed" I explained and he sighed exparsatedly rubbing his hands on his face.

" adda sumi is one of the most caring people I know and from the last week I've spent with you guys she's been an amazing mother to eman , I think the person you should be angry at is the nanny. She might have done it on purpose cause I hear adda sumi warn her everyday not to ever feed eman any food related to beans" I explained.

" could you contact that psychotherapist in London and get me an appointment " he said and I nodded.

He was diagnosed with IED [intermittent anger disorder] after adda amna's death , so he saw a therapist for 2 yrs and was said to be better after which he then adopted eman.

" this isn't the first time you hit her right" I asked and he just looked away.

" she's a good woman , don't let her slip away. I can't imagine how she must have withstood your anger , if it was me I would have gotten a divorce" I said, I knew how explosive he could be during those anger fits, he'd once beat up a man during his anger fits and he ended up in the hospital.

" I know , I love her , I don't know why I hurt her so much." He said and I nodded , in a way it wasn't his fault that he had a disorder but adda sumi shouldn't have to suffer it either.

" that's why you have to go for therapy , for your marriage and to save your family" I said before walking back to check on eman.

I saw a finger print on adda sumi's face
when I came Into eman's hospital ward, even the corner of her lip was bleeding . I can't even imagine how she must be feeling, her daughter is sick in the hospital and her husband hit and blamed her for it.

I really admire her patience , if any other woman was in her shoes they would have asked for a divorce.

SUMAYYA

I sat by eman's hospital bed , when ammar's parents came in . " Salamalikum ma and sir" I said greeting them , his that nodded at me but before I could go back to sit down, my MIL came forward and landed a hot slap on my face. My face burned as I staggered backwards.

" innalilahi, aliyah why would you slap her" my FIL said shouting at her.

" Laifinta ne, saboda wannan mayya da jikata ke kwance akan gadon asibiti. [its her fault, it because of this witch that my granddaughter is laying on the hospital bed] " she said and I just stood there even though I couldn't understand what she said , I picked that she called me a witch from the little hausa I have learnt.

" mom why would you slap her " ammar screamed at his mom, and I was surprised because I thought he would support her.

" Kalli wannan yaron oo, kana min tsawa saboda wannan mayya da kake cewa mata. [ look at this boy oo, you're screaming at me because of this witch you call a wife] " she said again, I just sat quietly.

" baba don Allah zaka iya kai ta gida, zan kira ka idan eman ta tashi
[ dad please take her home , I will call you when eman wakes up]" ammar said in hausa and his dad left with his mom, but not after she threw a tantrum.

" adda sumi your face is bleeding " Abdul said and I nodded before going into the bathroom to check it .

I stared my extremely red cheek which was bleeding , she must have torn my face with her bracelet when she slapped me. She slapped on the same cheek as ammar , my whole faced ached as I washed the blood away with some water.

I held a tissue against my cheek and came out ." Come with me , please " ammar said and I nodded following him outside.

When we got out , he raised his hand towards me and I quickly took cover with my arms covering my face, my face is going to burst from pain if I take any more slaps. I walked backwards to dogde whatever was coming at me but I stumbled against the stairs and hit my ankle. I bent down cradling my hurt ankle before looking up to ammar.

I was mistaken , he was holding a tube of face cream in is hand, I could only see one thing in is eyes , guilt.

" I'm so sorry ewa" he apologized , and I got infuriated at that moment I don't want him to give me useless apologies and still hit me next time.

" don't call me that , I don't want your apology , I just want a reason" I said , I was already crying at this moment.

" I am so sorry, I don't know what came over me , I can't believe I hit you " he said coming closer to help me up , but I just stopped him.

" Fi mi le ma fi owo kan mi [leave mw alone, dont touch me] , what happened to us talking it out , you didn't even let me speak before you blamed me" i said wiping my tears furiously. The only time I speak yoruba is when I am extremely angry.

" she's my daughter too ,you know. One of the reasons I agreed to marry you was eman , I loved her and wanted to be her mother and I love her even more now because she's my daughter" I said thinking about my life and if I had made the wrong decision by agreeing to marry him. Cause now I am in an abusive marriage and I torn between what to do.

" I am sorry , sumayya I know sorry can't cut it but I promise to change" he said and came forwardto hug me. For some reason I wasn't angry again , I just cried heavily against his chest and he just kept muttering apologies into my ear.

I know that our marriage is starting to get toxic but I wanted to give more time atleast enough to tell me what's wrong with him, I want to see if we can fix it together . I just prayed to God that i was making the right decision cause i wouldnt advise anyone to remain in an abusive marriage but still i coukdnt just leave like that . I would most likely ask for a divorce if he hits me again but then again I have come to love him and I can't do without him , but I love myself more.

" come on let's go inside and apply some ointment on your face, and am also very sorry about my mom" he said helping me up as I had lightly sprained my ankle when I fell earlier.

" it's fine ,she's my mother too" I said , I could honestly see from her point of view , a son she's raised for over 30 years goes against her to marry a woman she doesn't approve of .

" this doesn't me I have forgiven you, I'm giving you a chance to make it up to me" I said and he nodded chuckling and then he kissed my forehead.

" Thank you for allowing me make it up to you" he said.

___________________________________

Sumayya is quite a softie eh?
29 is a wrap guys.

Thanks to all the people who have voted and supported my book , may Allah bless with barakah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.5K 13.3K 42
A fiction book about two people meant to be, a book about Hammad and Yusrah. Hammad Buba Marwa is a 31-year-old microbiologist and, a handsome, class...
5.2K 434 35
As Ouahib arrives in town , carrying the weight of a family that has weathered hardships, including parental separation, and the lingering echoes of...
19.5K 2.5K 39
Follow the story of Laura who is about to be forced into marriage to a criminal by her father after the death of her mentally ill mother With the hel...
5.8K 792 24
A WORK OF FICTION. Tales Of The Heart could come in different forms. My story might be different from yours, her story may be similar to yours, our s...