Where destiny lead us to

By writer_user

Book #3 of destiny series could be read as stand alone. S A K I N A S A F I :- For me, my sole focus is m... More

Epigraph
Character aesthetics
1| Rise and shine, hedgehog
2| Mr. CEO
3| New life, old me
4| My Cinderella
5| Chocolates and promises
6| What changed
8| Visit to home
9| Shocks
10| My Gold
11| No sleep
12| Wig drama
13| Fake
14| Dad talks
15| With him
16| Jealousy, Jealousy
17| Insomnia
18| The gems collector
19| Red day
20| Promises
21| We used to be crazy in love
22| Prying eyes
23| Gold
24| Humble abode
25| Alone
26| Night scare
27| Instinct wins
28| Dream came true?
29| Pour your heart
30| New family?

7| Plans

119 19 5
By writer_user

Doors being closed on your face always means you are not welcome.

Either from someone's home or life.

The moment she closes the metal gate on my face, I think of all the moments which led me here.

Lead us here.

Was there any us? Or was it just my delusion?

Whenever I mention our past, rage forms on the edges of her eyes along with a hint of sadness.

Rage, I understand.

But the sadness? Rage fills in me just at the thought that I am the cause of it.

I walk back to my car, scanning the dingy neighbourhood she lives. I couldn't help but glare at the group of old men gawking at a woman who walks past them.

How can she live here?

I take out the baratte from my pocket and hold it in my hand.

If I can't understand her sadness, then why am I hung on a hair clip? As if it's going to answer questions.

Shaking my head I place the clip on the cup holder as I sit in my car.

Now that she is back in my life, I don't plan to make my old mistakes.

*****

I tap the side of my laptop as I stare at the e-mail she send me about a client and a schedule for the meeting.

I have to say, Sakina Safi is good at her work.

Knowing whatever I say will rile her up, I type out as a reply,

From: Doruk Arsel
To: Sakina Safi
Subject: Schedule for this week

Thank you for your efforts sweetheart <3

I laugh as I hit it send.

One of the many things Sakina hates are words of endearments.

She cringes whenever couples use it. So what is a better way to rile her up?

A new e-mail alerts on my notifications and I open it,

From: Sakina Safi
To: Doruk Arsel
Subject: Schedule for this week

I'd really appreciate if you take your job as a boss seriously rather than being a child.

From: Doruk Arsel
To: Sakina Safi
Subject: Schedule for this week

I sure do make a cute child, no?

From: Sakina Safi
To: Doruk Arsel
Subject: Schedule for this week

No.

From: Doruk Arsel
To: Sakina Safi
Subject: Schedule for this week

It's no fun chatting on e-mails, give me your number sweetheart ;)

From: Sakina Safi
To: Doruk Arsel
Subject: Schedule for this week

Stop bothering me, creep.

From: Doruk Arsel
To: Sakina Safi
Subject: Schedule for this week

You don't even know how creeps look. And I assure you, they certainly don't have my face and charisma.

From: Sakina Safi
To: Doruk Arsel
Subject: Schedule for this week

And your godly complex.

From: Doruk Arsel
To: Sakina Safi
Subject: Schedule for this week

Am I getting the number?

From: Sakina Safi
To: Doruk Arsel
Subject: Schedule for this week

No. And stop the e-mails, I am trying to sleep here.

From: Doruk Arsel
To: Sakina Safi
Subject: Schedule for this week

Alright, have a good night, if you still can't fall asleep, give me a call, unlike you, I don't have problem sharing my number,

5090028824

From: Sakina Safi
To: Doruk Arsel
Subject: Schedule for this week

In your dreams.

From: Doruk Arsel
To: Sakina Safi
Subject: Schedule for this week

Oh you don't want to know about my dreams (⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎)

From: Sakina Safi
To: Doruk Arsel
Subject: Schedule for this week

You know what you really need? A psychiatrist.

From: Doruk Arsel
To: Sakina Safi
Subject: Schedule for this week

I know, I see one every week.

From: Sakina Safi
To: Doruk Arsel
Subject: Schedule for this week

Good. Then bother him not me. Good night. And don't you dare e-mail me again.

From: Doruk Arsel
To: Sakina Safi
Subject: Schedule for this week

Aw, look at you, wishing me a good night. Do you care if I get a good night?

From: Sakina Safi
To: Doruk Arsel
Subject: Schedule for this week

Doruk, just go to sleep. I am not answering your messages anymore.

From: Doruk Arsel
To: Sakina Safi
Subject: Schedule for this week

What if I can't sleep?

From: Doruk Arsel
To: Sakina Safi
Subject: Schedule for this week

Where are you?

From: Doruk Arsel
To: Sakina Safi
Subject: Schedule for this week

Are you really ignoring me?

From: Doruk Arsel
To: Sakina Safi
Subject: Schedule for this week

Fine, have a good night sweetheart <3

I exit the E-Mail app before I go bother her again.

Riling up was-no is my favourite hobby.

No matter how much she tries to run away from me, I will catch her.

I let her go two times in the past, third time is a luck.

And I am all here to get my luck back.

****

I place a paper bag along with a cup of coffee on the desk, startling the curly head.

I grin, sliding my sun glasses down my nose, "Morning, sweetheart."

She opens her mouth to argue—most probably—but composes herself and gives me a tight lipped smile. "What's this, sir?"

"Your breakfast." I reply.

She eyes the paper bag and coffee, "I didn't ask for it."

"Your welcome." I slide my sun glasses up. "Once you are done with it, join me, we have outdoor work today."

Before she could speak, I saunter away from her desk and go to my office.

I turn back and watch her discreetly as she opens the paper bag and raises her eyebrows at the vanilla filling croissant and her favourite caramel flavoured iced coffee.

It must've been years since we met, but I still remember every single thing about her and her life.

Her choices, her favourites, her non favourites, and more things about her which I bet even she doesn't know.

People might call it obsession, I call it observation.

Because over the years, I have only observed her.

The moment she steps somewhere, all my surroundings blur and all I could see is that curly haired girl and the freckles on her face.

She is been the centre of attention for so long, that I don't even know if I had an attention span for anyone except her.

After I make sure she has eaten, I walk out of my office and tap on her desk startling her again.

"You—"

"Outdoor meetings today, come on. Come on, run." I beckon her with my fingers.

Her fists clench and she glares at me.

Looking around the people working, she picks up her bag and a diary with her phone.

"You need to stop doing that." She copies my motion of beckoning her as we stop in front of the lift.

"Mr. Blackwell." I say, "British client, filthy rich and is looking for a whole lot of return gifts for his daughter's wedding."

She raises an eyebrow, "Fine, noted. But I was saying, you need to stop—"

"Lift is here, we are on the clock, Ms. Sakina." I grab her elbow and pull her with me to walk in the elevator.

She keeps glaring me as the elevator goes down to the parking lot.

"You are doing this on purpose." She states as I drive away from the parking.

"Mr. Blackwell seems interested in stones. Should I convince him for our signature diamonds?"

From the corner of my eyes, I watch her observing me. "Oh I get it. Because I said that professional relationship talk huh?"

I shrug, "I am merely maintaining good work ethics with my assistant." I raise my eyebrow, "Were you perhaps expecting something else, Ms. Sakina?"

"Absolutely not, sir." She snaps.

"Very well." I smile.

For the next hour, as my meeting goes on she tries to keep up with the notes and hears attentively what I say.

After the meeting ends, we both remain seated on table, while I watch the sea view from the rooftop restaurant and she keeps writing in her diary.

"I think we should make custom made boxes for each family members." She says tapping the pen on her chin.

I click my fingers. "Good idea. Write it down."

She immediately jots in down and takes a sip
of her strawberry lemonade.

"How about something for the males of the family? What do you think we can do for them?" She asks.

I tap my watch and look at it, "Custom watches?"

She raises an eyebrow, "That's actually a good thought, but where would you put diamonds on it?"

"Pass me your book." I take her book and open the last page, taking her pen I scribble an idea on the paper and show it to her. "Not entirely diamonds, but I think platinum or gold would do."

She looks at my drawing of the watch, "Alright, and the watches, do you know any trusted source of supply?"

"We have acquaintances with Cartier and Seiko. That would be no problem, fix me a meeting with them for next week."

She stares at me with open mouth before clearing her throat, "Alright."

I strech my arms up, "Come on let's leave now."

She nods and closes her diary. I watch with a frown as she takes out her wallet.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Paying for my drink." Before she could keep her card on the table, I snatch it and shove it to her.

"Did I ask you to? Keep it back."

She narrows her eyes, "It's my drink, of course I will pay for it."

I narrow my eyes back, "And you are my assistant, I brought you here, I will pay for you."

She tries to fight my hold, but I just hold her hand tightly.

She huffs, "Alright, I won't. Now leave my hand."

I grin mischievously, "Say the magical word."

She scrunches her nose, "What?" Realisation dawns on her face and her nose twitches with anger, "No."

"Yes."

"No."

"It's just a simple word. I will spell it out for you, P-L-E-A-S-E."

She fights in my grip, "Doruk! People are staring! And this is not professional."

"We are out, not in office. Obviously I am not professional." I move my other hand and tilt her chin up. "I could be as unprofessional as I want."

Her eyes narrows again and I laugh as she snarls trying to pry away from my grip. "Doruk!"

"Come on Sakina, people are staring, make it fast." I tsk.

She looks around the unwanted stares around the rooftop restaurant and closes her eyes. "Please."

"Please what?" I mock confusion.

She glares at me, "Please. Let go off my hand."

I smile and slowly slide my hand away from hers, "Not so hard, was it?"

She gets up from the chair and smooths down her dress. "Are we leaving? I don't want you unprofessional anymore."

I sigh and get up, "Do you want me professional?"

"Yes." She lifts her chin.

I grin and lean closer to her, "Did you just confessed you want me?"

Her freckled face gains colour and she huffs pushing me aside and walks towards the elevator.

I laugh and pay the bill before following her.

"What happened, did you just got flustered over there?" I tease her as I join her in the elevator.

"Doruk. Stop."

"Stop what?" I lean over and press the buttons to the ground floor. I grin as she sticks back to the wall.

Taking the advantage of the situation, I place my hands on either sides of her head, trapping her in.

"What are you doing?" She asks, her voice toned down now.

"It was my arm day, I am continuing it."

She folds her hands, creating a little distance between us. "Do you do this with your every assistant?"

I smile, watching the numbers closing to the ground floor, "Only with the curly heads."

With that I move away from her as the doors of the elevator open. "After you, Ms. Sakina."

She pushes her hairs back and walks out of the elevator and I follow behind her.

She stops in front of my car at the parking, I walk towards her and open the door for her.

I get in my side of seat and say, "Your welcome, Ms. Sakina, don't you have a way with words."

I drive away from the parking, and not until we are on the main road, she speaks.

"Can I get a off on Sunday?"

I glance at her, "Sure. But reason?"

"I want to visit my home." She says. "Ankara."

I nod, "Alright." I hesitate, "Everything good?"

"Yes."

But the constant tapping of fingers on her knees says otherwise.

I might not be able to protect her from her family, but I will protect her from everything.

That's my new plan.

************************************

A/N:-

I am so enjoying writing them.

Vote. Comment. Share. 🩵

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 783 36
They say if you love someone truly, you will always find your way back to them, no matter what life throws at youu. As flashbacks came into view, Ha...
10.2M 570K 64
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 They never thought of being each other's but destiny had another plans. 𝗩𝗜𝗗𝗬𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗬𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜...
77.5K 2.8K 33
When Cecilia wakes up in a wattpad fantasy novel she's dumbstruck. Knowing the future of her character she tries to be on the good side of King Jaspe...
489K 15.6K 81
"Why are you naked?" I asked him avoiding the sight in front of me. My face is heating up more now. "Are you sure princess, this is what they call n...