To my Dearest Friend

By dyslectic_demigod

Out of mind out of sight? Is that something that's true, Yves hopes it's not. When his best friend moves away... More

Yves playlist
Acknowledgments
Foreword
intro
first letter
The characters
I miss you already
Pearls
Be happy for me
the rush of being known
Rain
Friday
Naivety
Absinthe
Opera
Another opera
Headache
Black and blue
Cello
You have to start somewhere
Dying
Why
Walk away
You know too much
Your dearest friend?
Perception
Still not sure
Dancing
My son
Reading
Fix it
Childhood
Roses
Stranger
Icarion
Dancing
Beauty
Numb
A letter that will never be sent
A crude decision
Memories
Lying
I'm sorry
dramatic, bland and tasteless
The parents
apologies and the dreadful past
Are you afraid
A glimpse into the beginning
My family
My other family
wishing, wondering and realizations
Paris
please be mad at me
why do you make me hate myself?
beautiful demise
We are friends, right?
doubters, lovers and sinners
My cyril and the last step
pretense, masks and silence
my beloved
Regret
Suffocating
My angel and my memories
Vienna and old friends
Another glimpse into our world
I don't understand
the grief of not understanding
My worries, guilt and prayer
How to forgive
A special treat for my readers
Part two of the treat
Katherina
oh so cold
my old friend
Are you a romantic
weighing down
imaginary
Arrival
A song and breathing
Giving up
Home again and a goodbye
Close the curtains
Ghosts of silence
the duty of silence
Was it ever easy?
Slippery faith
The courtyard heartbreak
you are stubborn
We meet again but we are not the same anymore
Harbouring hearts
the vows of an unintentional liar
not love, just care
How much?
Do we want to be in France?
a necklace of roses
My last letters
Epilogue
to my dearest readers

An unlikely pair

30 5 18
By dyslectic_demigod

I look at the passing Trees. 'The chateau is looking down on the Loire. We have another mansion in the Loire valley but this has been here since probably 1059, so excuse it when it looks a but ancient, that is because it definitely is.' I nod but I'm not really interested in it, I can only think about the letter I wrote him. Why can't I get him out of my mind. Lady grey and Christian are also coming. I'm happy about that, I don't want to ruin this for Émile. But I know Émile can ignore anything if you ask him to. He is very skilled in that, he says he learned it by ignoring peoples comments on his clothes.

We arrive at a castle, I have seen anything quite like it. It's like if something would push it a bit it would tumble into the Loire. I'm very impressed but I don't know if I think it's beautiful 'Strange isn't it?' Émile says while stepping out of the carriage. What do you mean?' 'It's not beautiful but it's still very beautiful' I nod. 'I was asking myself if that's normal.' he laughs. 'It totally is.' We enter with Lady Grey and Christian.

Two staff members open the doors and it's very beautiful on the inside. 'I'm home!' Émile screams. A beautiful dark haired lady comes into the room. 'This is my dear mother, Duchess of Polignac. You can call her, what van they call you ma dear mama?' 'Madam Polignac.' She says with a smile. Two dogs appear. 'These are our hunting dogs, they live partly in the house. My father adores them too much, he actually wanted an irish wolfhound like the Montagues but that was too big for mama, So now we have one basset faux de Bretagne and a grand fauve de bretagne, this is Victor and this is Hugo.' I laugh and kneel. I have always loved dogs I know that Yves was devastated when their dogs died. 'This is Luc.' He says, I shake the boys hand, it surprises me how dark his hair is. 'My brother, and this is Genevieve. My sister." I nod as I kiss her hand. 'You're home' Somebody's voice says. We look up. The man looks exactly like Émile, only with short hair and a scar through his eye. He is not any less flamboyant than his son, he's wearing a cobalt blue suit. And his jewelery is extremely expensive. I want to be like him.

Émile shows us around, there's are a lot of portraits in all the hall from medieval times to now. It's very interesting but Émile says that from most of them he hardly knows who they are. I'm mesmerised by the years this castle must have seen. What stories does this place have? Yves would have loved this place, he's probably been here. I wish he was here. I feel sick. We're walking through a sitting room when I see a portrait of two young man, one looks exactly like Yves. The hair is the same, the expression, the elegance, the clothing is more feminine. The blonde boy that stands behind chair the lookalike Is sitting in looks like émile with a bit shorter hair. I would say they are nineteen or so. I stand there, looking at the beautiful boys. Envious of their hand resting on the shoulder from the Yves Lookalike. 'Beautiful isn't it.' Émile says. I am startled by it. I nod. 'Who are they?' 'Michel, my father, before his scar.' I nod 'And the other.' 'I thought you would know. Mathieu Montague.' I don't notice that my mouth has been agape since he told me his name. 'Wait you're saying this person is Mathieu?' He nods. 'He can smile??' He laughs. 'Apparently, they were very very close throughout their whole lives till Mathieu married, they lost most of the contact.' 'I wonder why.' 'Distance, they used to divide their time between France and England. His wife didn't like that." I nod. 'He never told me a lot about it though.' he says 'May I ask something?' 'Of course you may ask something.' 'How did he get that scar?' He shrugs 'I don't know.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 1.2K 45
Emilio always despised gay people, doing unforgivable things to them when he was in high school. The tables are turned when he falls in love with a b...
135K 5.8K 40
โ๐ˆ๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž๐š๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ค ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ž๐ฌโž Whe...
93.9K 4.4K 32
โษชแด›'๊œฑ แดŠแดœ๊œฑแด› สแดแดœ แด€ษดแด… ษช แด›แดษดษชษขสœแด› แดกสœส แด…แดษด'แด› สแดแดœ ๊œฐษชษขแดœส€แด‡ แดส สœแด‡แด€ส€แด› แดแดœแด›?โž ----------- Viktor Nikiforov falls in love with a boy he met online. What he doesnt...
23K 1.8K 45
"What is love in this temporal life, if not just a distraction from the pain that doesn't seem to end." After losing his best friend to an unexplaine...