Secret of An Alpha: Repercuss...

By WONDERPSYCHO

(Sequel to Secret of An Alpha: Retribution.) Alpha Luke knows the truth. He is struggling to forgive his mate... More

Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Part two - Recollection
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty three
Chapter forty four

Chapter twenty-four

1K 67 12
By WONDERPSYCHO

Luke got held up. He called Rolus early in the morning that he would only be able to make it at around two in the afternoon.

Rolus thought, fine, he could tolerate the pain until then. He awoke with discomfort, the longing too much to handle. It seemed like the longer he spend time with his mate, the harder it was to separate.

Apparently, Luke forgot to mention that he was leaving his Pack and going on errands. Rolus knew the amount of pain Luke being at his Pack felt like. And he knew the moment Luke went a distance away from his Pack.

He cursed the other Alpha for forgetting to mention that. Charlotte found him curled up on his bed, sweat sliding down his face and groans of pain filling the room.

"The matter?" she asked, coming into his open bedroom, placing the back of her hand on his forehead. "You didn't catch anything on your trip, right?"

Rolus snorted, but regretted it because of the pressure he exerted. "I'm dying."

Charlotte glared, saying, "Don't joke about things like that."

"But I am," he insisted. That earned him a slight shove from Charlotte. "It's that Luke!"

Charlotte raised a brow. "What about Luke? What did he do?"

Rolus rolled, lying on his stomach, his head raised to look Charlotte in the eye. "What about Luke?"

"You said he's causing you the pain you're in. I want to know why you think so." Charlotte had that curious glint in her eye that said she won't leave the conversation until she got a satisfactory answer.

Rolus cursed under his breath, but the momentary distraction was working. He didn't focus on the pain that much. "Can you please call Sierra?"

"Why? I swear you two are keeping secrets from the rest of us. Don't you trust us?" Charlotte asked, her hands on her hips.

Rolus had the urge to roll his eyes, but refrained. "I do trust you all. There's nothing to tell, and I'm not keeping any secrets."

"Then what's this talk of you finding a replacement mate in Luke's Pack? Is that why you frequented there?"

Rolus groaned, sliding off the bed. His knees hit the ground, whilst he let his head balance on the bed. "Yes, I'm getting a replacement mate from Black Moon Pack." If all went well with Tamera.

Charlotte pursed her lips, the hurt palpable.

Rolus was not ready to tell his Council that Luke was his mate and they came up with the most ridiculous idea of making Tamera his replacement.

Charlotte didn't look like she believed him, but didn't say anything. "Should I bring your lunch in here? Or you're joining us downstairs?"

Rolus sighed, standing up. "I'm joining you. Not that I have a choice with Zayn complaining that I've been abandoning the Pack," he muttered, going to the bathroom to make himself presentable.
___________

After lunch, Rolus went back to the confines of his room to listen to himself. He cursed Luke to the moon and back, already feeling the pain of him going further away. He did try to call, but the bastard was not answering.

The Pack Doctor gave him something for the pain, but it was not working. At this point, he was going to drop dead before Luke showed his face. The kind of pain he felt was blinding.

His breaths were shallow, coming out like he ran a marathon. Charlotte was dabbing his face with a cool cloth, trying to reduce his fever.

"I'm going to kill that fucking Luke!" he gritted out. He's been chanting that the whole time, being colorful with his insults.

Charlotte no longer questioned his mutterings.

He kept on slipping in and out of consciousness.

He awoke to shouting outside his bedroom door. He sat up, glad that the only pain he felt was just a slight prick.

He heard Luke and Charlotte argue. From what he picked up, Charlotte was denying Luke access to his room.

Rolus got off the bed, his mind slightly muddy. He put on his slippers, slipped on his shirt and went to the door. He opened, the arguing stopping.

Charlotte ran to his side, balancing him. "Alpha Luke is here to see you," she said, tone bitter.

Rolus raised his eyes to glare at Luke. Luke's face was impassive. "How lovely of you to come..." he glanced at the clock on the wall. "At four. When you said you'd come at 2."

"I got held up. I'm sorry," Luke replied, face still impassive.

Charlotte snorted. "You shouldn't have come in the first place."

Luke glared at her. Before she could start something she couldn't finish, Rolus intervened. "Charlotte. Please leave us."

She was about to object, but he shook his head. She led Rolus to the couch, then left, but not without letting her distaste show.

Rolus didn't know whether to shout at Luke or cuddle up to him. He could really use the skin contact. The fight he had in him dissipated the moment Luke turned to look at him, a sheepish look replacing the impassive one.

"I'm sorry for being late. I had some things to take care of," Luke said, his sorry smile had Rolus look away because it dissolved the negative emotions he had.

"It's fine, don't stress about it." It was not fine.

"Alright. Thank you. Okay. I managed to speak to Tamera."

"And?" The eagerness in his tone made Luke amused. He guessed since the smile was still intact, it meant he had good news.

"Took some convincing and begging. She agreed."

Rolus was elated, yes, but some part of him hurt. The part of him that acknowledged the mate bond, and saw the news as betrayal to Luke. He couldn't help feeling that way. The smile struggled to stay on his face so much that Luke noticed.

His smile dropped, a frown taking over. "I thought you'd be happy about this. Or was I wrong?"

Rolus shook his head, standing up and moving a bit away from Luke. Luke followed, hands behind his back.

"You wouldn't understand," Rolus replied. He was not going to discuss this thing with Luke. He was the last person to confide in. Well, he would be the first, but given the circumstances, it was not possible.

"Because I don't have the mate bond?"

Rolus was about to agree, but saw the look on Luke's face. "That's... that's not it."

"Yeah, of course it isn't. Tell me, is it the bond? Are you... I don't know how this works, but is it affecting you in any way?"

Rolus smiled softly, appreciating the concern in Luke's voice. "In what way?" he asked.

Luke seemed uncomfortable when he said, "I don't know. Like, stopping you from accepting Tamera's agreement. Something like that."

Rolus gestured for him to follow. They went into the kitchenette where he prepared both of them something to drink. "Yes, something like that." He laughed when Luke didn't appreciate his humor.

"How is it going to work anyway?" Luke asked, accepting the juice Rolus gave him.

Rolus shrugged, leaning against the cupboard. "I'm assuming you won't appreciate Tamera and I being intimate."

"Yes, funny." Luke deadpanned.

Rolus chuckled, drinking the last of his juice and thereafter rinsing his glass. "I'll introduce her as my replacement mate to my Pack. She'll have to move in with me, obviously. So, you have to find yourself another Delta. Oh, and you have to find a way to explain to your Pack why your mate chose your Delta as a mate."

Luke groaned in exasperation. "I know. What will I tell them?"

Rolus shrugged once more. "I'm sure you should have figured that out before telling them I'm your mate."

Luke glared, saying, "Not now, Rolus."

"I'll have to let my Pack know that I have chosen a replacement mate, then next week I'll have to present her to the Pack. She'll be the Luna obviously. Do you think Robert will be there during the ceremony? I'll give him a call tomorrow morning to inform him of my mating ceremony. Then he'll leave me alone. But, what about you?" He was rambling, he knew. But he couldn't help it because he was going to choose another mate instead of his own. As much as Luke was not the ideal mate, he was his mate.

Luke looked taken aback. "What about me?"

"Will you be alright? Are you alright with all of this?" Rolus was not okay with everything happening.

"I was fine the first time, Rolus. I'm sure I'll be super this time." Luke's voice faltered at the last word.

Rolus felt Luke's sudden sadness seep into his bones. It was like he was projecting the hurt he felt in revenge. But Rolus was pretty sure Luke didn't even know Rolus felt his emotions.

"I understand that it's not easy to accept-"

"What do you understand? You're not the one being rejected," Luke snapped. His hurt seemed to be fueling his anger.

Rolus raised his hands in surrender. "I'm not rejecting you."

Luke glared. "The moment you accept Tamera as your replacement will be your rejection to me."

"It's not like you're going to feel it anyway." Rolus regretted the moment the words escaped his mouth.

"Thank you for the reminder, Rolus. I completely forgot," he smiled bitterly, standing up from the chair.

Rolus panicked. "I didn't mean that, Luke. Please sit down. We need to talk and be on the same page." He was already on Luke's side, blocking the exit.

"I'm fine with whatever, Rolus. It's not like anything I say will change your mind," Luke said, defeated. He sat down, the momentary anger dissipating. He covered his face with his hands.

Rolus didn't know if he should offer comfort or not. He wanted to, but didn't think Luke would appreciate it. His hands inched to rub Luke's back. He went to sit opposite Luke. "I'm doing this-"

"For me. I know. Or that's what you claim to do," Luke mumbled the last part.

Rolus pretended like he didn't hear. "I'm sorry, Luke. I'm sorry for everything I've put you through and still will put you through. I hope you accept the situation."

Luke didn't say anything. He kept his face covered.

Rolus sensed Charlotte before she could barge in. He stood up, and went to her before she could come to the kitchenette and see Luke. Luke was not in the right state, and he didn't want Charlotte witnessing that.

"Yes?" he asked.

Charlotte's eyes searched the room. For Luke. Rolus assumed. "Council Robert is here."

Rolus felt his heart stop for a second. Its beat skyrocketed thereafter. He was sure Charlotte sensed the change. "Take him to my office. I'll be down. No matter what, don't let him know that Luke is here."

Charlotte chuckled nervously, taking ahold of her bun.

Rolus narrowed his eyes. "What did you do?" His voice was dangerously low.

"I-I... I told him you were still busy with Alpha Luke," she replied, nervous.

"The hell you did that for!" he shouted, the fear grabbing at his heart.

Charlotte flinched, eyes wide. "I'm sorry. I-I didn't-"

"Get out of my fucking sight!" he roared, his anger misdirected. He felt like he could rip that Robert to shreds for his insistent snooping.

Charlotte left. He could tell that he hurt her, but at the moment, his heart beating was drowning everything.

There was some irrational fear that Robert would piece everything together, and know that Luke was his mate. Then, then...

Then everything would be for naught. All the sacrifices he made to keep the secret would be for nothing. The hurt he caused Luke would be for nothing. The years they lost together would be for nothing.

The fear he felt at that moment had him shook. His head was hurting, and vision blurring. He felt like he was running out of time, wasting time standing and doing nothing.

"Rolus, are you alright?"

Luke's voice pulled him out of his panic. He met Luke's eyes, calming down a fraction. He shook his head, trying to clear his mind. "I'm fine, Luke. I'm fine." He massaged his temple, trying to alleviate the ache. "I need you to- please don't go out of this room. I need you to stay in this room until I come back. Please."

Luke nodded. They stood staring at each other. Rolus calmed down the longer he stared at his mate. His heart was still beating like it wanted to escape.

"Rolus, it will be fine. Just tell him that you found the replacement mate and you're having your mating ceremony next week."

Rolus nodded, gulping. "What if... what if he knows?" He voiced his fear.

"There's no way he knows, Rolus."

Rolus nodded once again. Robert didn't know. If he's got suspicions, then Rolus was going to end them, convince him otherwise. He was going to.

He looked down on himself, and saw his attire was not appropriate. He had to change. When he passed Luke by the kitchenette doorway, he felt him grab his arm.

He looked at the hand clutching his arm, then looked at Luke. He felt the bond strengthen. For a moment he didn't mind. He didn't mind when Luke touched him.

Luke removed his hand, apologetic.

Rolus stepped towards Luke, and hugged him so tightly it had to physically hurt Luke. Luke didn't object, as he hugged back.

Rolus felt the calm, and the satisfaction the bond felt, as though everything would be alright. He wanted them to stay that way forever, but that couldn't happen with that slimy Robert in his office.

Rolus sourced strength from the hug. He felt like they hugged forever, but it couldn't have been even two minutes.

When they finally let go of each other, Rolus felt the cold seep in. He already missed the contact. But he was ready for Robert.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 5.2K 28
Branson Williams, it's his last year in school, and he finds out who his mate is this year. He is openly gay, so he's not surprised when his mate tur...
30.1K 2.2K 69
After being cursed never to find his mate, Alpha Kendrick of the Tala pack has accepted that he will have to rule without anyone by his side and has...
17.2K 531 34
I'm not sure if this is going to be a stand alone story or a series of different stories just yet. Luca and Leif have only ever had each other. Both...
1.7M 52.4K 82
Owen has been bullied by Jason the future alpha of the crimson crescent pack. And now all he wants is to leave the pack, get away as far as possible...