Kylie's Lullaby...

By lilmc87

(Sequel to Unknown History, You won't understand anything without reading that first!!) Kylie is the daughter... More

Kylie's Lullaby...(Sequel to Unknown History)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16..
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19...
Chapter 20...
Part 2...Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 9

1K 63 9
By lilmc87

Chapter Nine....

When I got out of the shower Nate was gone but there was a note saying he was in his office. So I got dressed and headed downstairs and walked through the kitchen and turned left till I found his office. When I walked in he was on the phone and he smiled at me as I took a seat in front of the desk. He quickly wrapped up the phone call and then hung up the phone. He looked up at me and said, “sorry I just disappeared I remembered I had a conference call with the other Alpha in Texas. It seems he’s been having some rogue problems so I’m sending him some help.”

“Well aren’t you sexy when you get serious.” I teased and he laughed.

“So I thought we should talk about what we’re going to tell your parents.”

“Well I thought we would just explain everything, well except for the sex part they don’t need to know that.” I offered.

“So tell them how I claimed you and I had you claim me so we could break the bond to your true mate. We also have to ask if they know anything about the silver marks and why yours continues down your side to your hip. Also it doesn’t explain why your mark says “Forever chosen” on your side.” he said and looked down at my hip, it was really strange that it said that. Yet maybe it was just because we had chosen each other as mates and were not true mates.

“So if I ever see my true mate again will I not have feelings for him?” I asked shyly.

“You’ll still feel a connection but it will be weak. Do you still want a connection with him are you regretting mating with me?” he asked sadly.

“Oh no not at all Nate. I couldn’t imagine a better mate then you.” I answered and kissed him to try and reassure him that he had nothing to worry about. I might have just met him but our bond was strong and I didn’t think anything was capable of  breaking it.

“Good because I think it would destroy me if I lost you Ky.” he whispered and turned to look out the window. I felt my heart ache at the thought of losing him, I would never let that happen though he was mine.

    We spent the rest of the day just hanging out talking, I still hadn’t figured out a way to tell him about me leaving for college in January. Alec had made it sound like he was going to flip out so I was a little nervous about telling him but I knew I would have to sooner or later. That night before we went to sleep I noticed he seemed nervous.

“Are you ok Nate?” I asked.

“Just a little nervous about meeting your parents. I never thought I would have to tell the King and Queen that I mated their daughter especially when she is not my true mate.”

“Don’t worry about it, they are going to love you. Besides you saved their only daughter and heir your already a saint in their book and they haven’t even met you.”

“So you called and told them we were coming?” he asked

“I called and said I was bringing someone with me who saved my life and we had a lot to explain to them.” I answered.

“You didn’t tell them we mated?” he asked sounding a little hurt.

“Its not something I wanted to tell them over the phone, I want to see the happy looks on their faces. Besides with all the questions that come with our mating I thought it would be better if we waited.” I answered feeling a little bad that it looked like I was hiding the fact that I mated. It wasn’t like that though I was proud of my mate and couldn’t wait to show him off.

    The next morning we woke up really early and got ready. After I showered I walked back into the room to find him staring at a pile of clothes he had thrown on the bed.

“Are you ok?” I asked.

“Just trying to figure out what to wear when I meet your parents.” he sighed.

“Wear anything Nate seriously I’m just wearing a jeans, a tank top and a sheer black button down.” I said and started going threw the clothes on the bed and picked him out and outfit.

“I thought I’d be married before I picked out a guys clothes.” I teased.

“Do you want to be married?” he asked quietly I barely heard him.

“Yeah eventually.” I answered hoping he wasn’t planning to propose within the next couple weeks. Not that I didn’t want to marry him but I had just turned 18 and my life was still kind of a mess since my birthday. I figured the last thing I needed was to start planning a wedding in the middle of all this craziness. He put on the clothes I picked out for him and then packed a small bag because we didn’t know how long he would be staying with me. I knew it could only be as long as a week since he had a pack to run but I didn’t want him to leave my side. We grabbed our bags and headed out to his truck and threw the stuff in the back and got in. Once we were on the road heading towards my house I started to feel a little nervous. Not that I thought my parents wouldn’t love Nate but what if our marks meant something I wasn’t prepared for. I sighed and relaxed in my seat trying to calm my nerves when Nate reached over and took my hand in his. I looked over at him and smiled, I had never been so grateful for someone in my life.

“Nate?” I asked.

“Yes Kylie?” he replied glancing at me but trying to keep his eyes on the road.

“I need you to know that even though I just met you that you mean everything to me. No matter what happens when we get to the Kingdom you need to remember that.” I said my voice serious and steady.

“Do you think something is going to go wrong?” he asked.

“Not necessarily go wrong but I think a lot is about to be put on our plate and if you can’t handle it I’ll understand but please don’t ever question how I feel.” I responded.

“Kylie as crazy as it sounds I love you and no matter what happens whether its now or 200 years from now I’m never going to leave or stop loving you, ok?” he said and squeezed me hand.

“Ok…” I whispered and then let them comfortable silence fall over us as we drove towards my home. It felt weird thinking of my parents house as my home now. Ever since I had mated with Nate I felt at home in his house, its like I belonged there. It was strange that I didn’t even feel guilty about mating someone else when I had met my true mate. Then again my true mate ran off and basically left me to die, I think even if he came crawling back I would never be able to forgive him. It made me sad just thinking about him so I shook my head trying to clear any thoughts about him and stared out the window.

    When we pulled up at my house I took a deep breath and opened the truck door and hopped out to find Nate standing right in front of me.

“I forget how fast you are.” I said and laughed.

“Well I never forget how beautiful you are.” he said and kissed me softly and that’s when I heard my front door open and standing there was my father looking extremely confused and slightly angry. I felt myself shrink back a little feeling a little uncomfortable. I grabbed Nate’s hand and started leading him towards the house and I could tell he wasn’t nervous right now, his Alpha dominance was kicking in.

    We walked in and my father didn’t even say anything yet he just led us to his office. When we walked in he shut the door behind us and my mother stood up from one of the chairs and hugged me tightly and then asked us both to sit. We sat down and then I looked up at both my parents waiting for them to say anything.

“What’s going on Kylie?” my mother asked while rubbing my dads back obviously trying to keep him calm.

“Well first of all since you were both so rude is leading us in here without a word let me introduce you to my mate. This is Nathaniel, Nathaniel this is my mother Alivia and my father Kai. Please don’t let them intimidate you.” I said not hiding my annoyance with them.

“Y-your mate?” my mother asked with shock.

“Yes, he saved my Friday night. I went to the club to see if Luka would show his face and would help me through my shift. I obviously didn’t find him but Nathaniel found me on the dance floor and led me to the woods to save me.”

“But how I don’t understand.” my mother said still shocked.

“Its called a chosen mating. Its similar to a traditional mating when it isn’t your true mate because you haven’t found your mate yet. During this kind of mating each partner has to claim the other.” Nate answered.

“How did you know about this?” my father questioned.

“I remember my grandmother talking about it one time, she said it was old folklore but that it had only been done once. Kylie’s shifting was weakening her and it’s the only thing I could think of to save her. I knew it was stupid to bet everything on it saving her but I couldn’t let her die.” he replied keeping his voice strong but not in a dominant way. He obviously knew how to win over my parents.

“Interesting I vaguely remember the tale but its such an old tale I’m surprised anyone knew anything about it. Thank you Nathaniel I will owe you forever for saving my daughter.” my dad said and stood up as if the conversation was over.

“Dad Nathaniel isn’t just leaving, he’s my mate. Besides there is so much more to it than just him coming to my rescue.” I said.

“What else could there possibly be its been one weekend?” my mother asked confused.

“Our marks.” I said pulling my shirt up to show to show my side and hip and then I let that down and showed my neck. Then Nate showed his marks and my parents just stared.

“So?” I asked waiting for them to give us an answer.

“I-I…I don’t know…” my mom answered.

"Dad?" i asked.

"I don't know either, i've never seen anything like that." he replied completely dumbfounded.

***   Is anyone liking this story so far??***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350K 12.2K 37
A girl who is taken in by a werewolf shifter family at birth has just moved to a new town in a new state. Even though she can't be part of the pack s...
Lethal Lust By Kit

General Fiction

242K 9.6K 40
[COMPLETED] Elijah and Jess had been unbreakable since high school, so it comes as no surprise to anyone when the young couple decides to tie-the-kno...
728 5 18
Dee has always been that one weird kid. Nerdy, clumsy, awkward, has anxiety and hiding big secrets. When her older brother Patrick starts dating a gi...
435 0 83
In the previous installment, the Stranger successfully lured Michelle Slater away from her normal life to lead a life of evil but there was one thing...