Chapter 16..

****This is just a short filler chapter. Sorry i haven't updated life has been a little crazy lately and i'm also having some writers block. :( 

I will start updating more often but please stick with me as i do my best to keep this story on track.

Thanks you to all of you who read my work and vote and comment, it means the world to me!!! <3****

She had walked away from me after that and left me standing in the ballroom. I looked around the room and just taking in my surrounding. I couldn’t believe I was here, that I was going against everything my mother had just told me. I was now living with the enemy, or at least my mothers enemy…

            I didn’t know who my enemies were anymore, I thought I didn’t have any and now I felt as if everyone was against me. I had lost two mates in less than a month, my best friends have both lost their minds with lust and my parents believed my grandmother to be evil. Yet the woman who had stood in front of me just minutes ago did not seem evil at all, then again what exactly does evil look like.

            The longer I stood there the harder I thought about everything and each thought kept bringing me back to Nate… my mate… the man I love…loved? I wasn’t sure, my heart ached for him and so did my wolf but I silenced her when she cried out for him. I reminded her of what we witnessed, that he cheated, that he betrayed us in the worst way possible. She was all to willing to forgive but I wasn’t, my heart felt like stone, shattered stone but stone nonetheless. So here I am just standing here like an idiot trying to figure out what to do. Do I go find my grandmother and tell her I will help defeat this family and fulfill my so called “Destiny” or do I try and go back to my old life with my tail tucked between my legs and cry to my mother. The very thought of going home made me cringe, the pity looks and the sympathy would just be too much. I let out a long sigh and bowed my head, my only option was to stay here and possibly save the world of supernaturals. Technically that was my job as a Princess right? I left the ballroom and tried to find my grandmother but she was nowhere to be found so I found I asked one of the staff members to point me in the direction of my room and they did. So now I was laying on a very comfy queen sized bed surrounded by down blankets and fluffy pillows and i suddenly felt a million times better.

            I must have drifted off to sleep for awhile because when I woke up the clock read 10am. I groaned when the light hit my eyes and wasn’t even sure if I wanted to get up, I didn’t really have a purpose at the moment. I could possibly go find my grandmother and start planning how we were going to defeat this evil family whom she believed was trying to destroy the world of supernaturals; but the bed was just too comfortable. Besides I don’t think I am in any shape to save anybody especially when I don’t even feel capable of standing on my own two feet. I let myself drift back to sleep and felt content in doing so…

            I was awoken by my bedroom door being flung open. I sat up straight and felt my heart racing and I tried to calm myself down when I realized it was just my grandmother.

“Ok time to get up! I’ve let you wallow in self pity for 2 whole days now and I think that is enough!” she trilled with that musical voice that I figured came from her Fae side.

“I’ve been sleeping for 2 days!?” I said shocked and kind of ashamed.

“Yes now get up, we have plans to make and training to do. I know your good with your powers but I don’t think you’ve ever used them in combat so we need to train.” She replied very matter-of-fact.

“Combat?” I managed to stutter out.

“Yes, how else do you win a war?” She replied in a very bored tone.

“I wouldn’t know, I’ve never fought a war.” I mumbled.

“Well let this be your first lesson, peace talks don’t work, the only way to win is to kill your enemy.”

“I think some would disagree grandmother.”

“And I think they are fools, if someone is willing to go to war against you it means they want someone from you and trust me they will never truly stop trying till they get what they want. Now get up and shower and I will see you in the ballroom in 30 minutes.” She quipped and turned on her heel and left. I sighed and threw the covers off me and headed for the bathroom.

            After my shower I felt a little more refreshed. I changed into some clothes I found in my closet and headed for the ballroom. I walked in to see about 20 other people who were all practicing with different powers they possessed or hand to hand combat. As I was looking for my grandmother I felt a wolf press up against my side. I stopped and looked down and smiled at the handsome wolf. From what I could sense he was a Beta but why would a Beta abandon his Alpha and be here?

“Shift” I commanded and within seconds a tall male was standing in front of me naked. A guy threw a pair of basketball shorts at him and he slipped them on.

“Who are you to be able to command my shift?” he questioned his voice held and edge of anger and danger.

“Your Princess, now don’t speak to me in that tone or you will find yourself in more trouble then you can handle.” I hissed back and he seemed to freeze and then he bowed.

“Forgive me princess, I was worried that you were just a witch abusing your power.” He explained and I nodded.

“You’re forgiven, so I sense that you’re a Beta…” I replied coolly.

“I am.” He said and held his head up high.

“Then may I ask why you are here and not with your Alpha?”

“My Alpha Is part of the Rivers family that is trying to take down all supernaturals…” he answered angrily.

“So you joined my grandmother and her friends to help take them down?” I questioned.

“Yes, they aren’t fit to be called Alpha, they are a disgrace too our kind.” He replied bitterly and looked at the ground.

“Well then thank you for your allegiance and your help.” I said and went to walk past him when he grabbed my arm lightly to stop me.

“princess…” he said softly.

“Please call me KiKi.”

“Ok, KiKi… why won’t the Royal family aid us in this quest?”

“I don’t think they really know how big the threat is and besides they wouldn’t fight alongside my grandmother no matter what…” I answered sadly, suddenly feeling guilty that my family wasn’t helping and it was probably all because of an old grudge.