Chapter 17

**** I'm trying to type as many chapters as i can while i have the time and some inspiration. Please keep telling me what you all think! <3*****

“What’s your name by the way?” I asked feeling embarrassed that I had not thought of asking him for his name.

“Riken, and it is a pleasure to meet you Princess and thank you for helping us during this war. Even if your family won’t help.” He replied swiftly.

“It’s nice to meet you too Riken, now would you mind helping me practice?” I asked and raised and eyebrow to see if he was game to challenge a Princess.

“Nothing would make me happier, and if you think I’m going to go easy on you because of your title you are sadly mistaken.” He growled lightly.

“Oh I wouldn’t dream of you going easy on me. I think you’ll find I’m tougher than I look.” I said and winked and led him over to the side of the ballroom and we took our stances.

            We started with hand to hand combat and I had to admit he was stronger but the Alpha blood in me and my father’s training proved to make me a tough match for him. He seemed to be getting frustrated that he couldn’t pin me down and that’s when I used one of my elemental powers on him. I pinned him to the wall and then started laughing when I saw the look of shock on his face.

“What the hell!” he yelled.

“It looks like my granddaughter is much like her grandmother…” My grandmother said as she stepped in between Riken and I released him from my hold and he fell to the floor.

“You didn’t say she had powers!” he hissed at my grandmother.

“You think a granddaughter of mine would be powerless, especially when she is royalty.” She cackled and I actually took a step back from her.

“I thought you would have told us she was a witch.”

“Oh she is much more than a witch, she is also a white wolf… She’s invincible… she would be quite a match Riken.” She said to him and I whipped my head at her as she said the word match.

“I already have a mate, two in fact.” I hissed at her.

“yes as look at what they have done to you, how they have treated you my dear.” She replied as she turned towards me.

“It doesn’t change anything; I am done being matched with anyone. I’ll live alone for the rest of my life if that’s what it takes to not have another broken heart.” I spat angrily. I was suddenly feeling the pain at both betrayals of my mates and let me tell you it was not a pleasant feeling.

“Love is a powerful emotion Kylie, it can be used to fuel your powers. Riken would be good for you.” She tried reasoning with me but I wasn’t having it. I didn’t care how wonderful Riken might be, I didn’t need nor want another mate.

“So is hate, and betrayal and revenge.”

“Those might be powerful but they can also destroy you…” she continued to reason.

“I rather be destroyed by myself than another mate.” I growled and turned away from her and ran off to my room. I burst into the room and slammed the door behind me. I wanted more than anything to throw myself on the bed and cry myself to sleep but I refused to give in to that impulse. I grabbed my phone and sat at my desk and started going through the hundreds of messages I had. I didn’t bother listening to the voicemails because I think hearing anyone’s voice would make me cave and go home. There were probably 300+ texts from Nate begging me to come home and let him explain. I deleted them all and then read the ones from my parents. They also begged me to come home, ha, fat chance in that happening. They would pity me and cater to my every whim until I felt better. My friends also sent tons of text asking me where I was and if I was ok and I deleted those too. I didn’t reply to anyone, I didn’t see the point.

            I don’t know how long I sat in my room by myself looking out the window but I was startled out of my daze by a loud knock on the door.

“Come In!” I called and the door opened and in walked Riken.

“If you’re here to tell me to give you a chance the answer is no and you can leave.” I mumbled not having the energy to fight with him.

“That’s not why I’m here. I didn’t know she was trying to set us up together, trust me I don’t want that either.” He replied.

“Am I that repulsive, that no one wants me…” I said quietly, not sure whether I was really asking the questions to him or myself.

“You are far from repulsive KiKi, its just I’d like to wait for my true mate. Besides you already have a mate or according to you, two mates. So how am I supposed to compete with that?” he asked.

“Mates are overrated. I do technically have two mates…my true mate rejected me and ran off. Apparently me being who I am was a deal breaker. Then my second chance mate came into my life and saved me and was absolutely amazing…and then I caught him cheating on me…and now I’m here…alone…” I explained and felt a few tears running down my cheeks. I felt his thumb gently wipe the tears away as he sat beside me.

“That is their loss, you are truly an amazing girl. You are beautiful, strong, powerful, smart and caring. So prove to them that you deserve better…”

“I miss my second chance mate Nate but my heart is too broken to ever think about forgiving him. I hope you find your true mate and she is everything you dream she is.”

“Me too.” His whispered.