Aversion - Simon ''Ghost'' Ri...

By LadyKaterina_

A promising 26-year-old Female recruit is transferred from her old base to join Taskforce 141. After losing h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 6

2.2K 51 17
By LadyKaterina_

[GHOST]

My grip tightens around the chain on her neck. I am shaking with anger.

She dares to defy me in front of my own men? She is going to get it now.

I grit my teeth as I stare into her eyes. She stares back at me. Her expression more scared than her usual anger. She must be intimidated, good.

I see Soap glancing at me. I raise my eyebrow at his expression. He looks concerned, rather than angry at Y/N for clearly being insubordinate.

As I look back at Y/N I see her pleading gaze. I feel confused. What kind of game is she playing?

''I can't take it off.'' She says slowly as she wraps her hand around mine. Hoping I will loosen my grip on her chain.

''Then allow me to do it for you,'' I growl at her. In a split second, I pull at the chain. It snapped instantly.

Y/N's eyes widen. Like she is in shock. Why is she getting so damn emotional over a necklace?

I scoff as I hold it in my hand. Then I notice the gold locket she was clenching prior.

Y/N jolts forward grabbing my forearm with her two hands.
''Please.. please give it back!'' Her voice is panicked. I stare at her, confused. She is no longer the angry feisty woman I met yesterday. She looks more like a terrified child.

I take a deep breath as I try to diffuse this kind of odd scene.

''Look Y/N you will get it b-..''

''NOW! I NEED IT BACK NOW!'' She starts screaming as she claws at my closed hand, trying to get to the locket.

Jesus fucking christ.

''Calm down Recruit.'' My voice stern and authoritative as I hold the locket over my head so she can't reach it. ''You will get it back after training, i don't want it to get caught in anything'' My tone is more frustrated than caring.

Soap grabs Y/N's shoulders.

''Lass, calm down! Nothing is going-..''

''I NEED HIM BACK!'' She exclaims as she buckles through her knees, shaking, holding herself up by still gripping my forearm.

I frown at her dramatic response. What the hell is going on? ''him?''

''Ghost..'' Soap says, his tone concerned. ''Maybe we should just..-''

''Like hell, I will' I snap back at him. ''These theatrics don't work on me, Johnny''

Soap doesn't respond. His gaze focussed on y/n, placing his hand on her shoulder. It starts to shake along with her body.

I let out a loud ''tsk'' as I throw the locket at her feet.
''I don't have time for this childish behavior..''

She gasps as her locket hits the floor, letting go of me as she sits on her knees cradling it in her hands. I stare down at her.
''This is exactly what I meant Recruit. You're simply not fit for the team. You can't handle anything..''

My words are harsh, cold even. But I mean every single one. Breaking down over a piece of jewelry? What if a hostile got it during a mission? Would she just drop to the floor and give him every piece of information he asked for? Her behavior is dangerous.

I look at Soap as he stands straight next to me, watching y/n also but with a different expression. He is concerned, maybe even pities her.

''Don't go soft now Johnny,'' I growl softly at him.

Soap looks at me. I can't help but feel his gaze is slightly disappointed.

''Can we talk, in private?'' His tone is stern. I raise my eyebrow.
Is he displeased with how I handled this? He can't be serious.

I nod. Soap helps y/n stand up as she keeps her gaze on her locket.

''Just take it easy. I will meet up with you later'' Soap says softly to her. She nods, giving me a charming dead stare as she leaves the gym.

Soap watches her leave before he turns back to me.

''Lieutenant.'' he starts, folding his arms over his chest.

''I get what you are trying to do with y/n, but at this rate, she will never be a part of this team..''

I scoff at him. ''Sounds like a plan to me.''

''Do you even have a heart?''

''A cold one''

''I can see that''

Soap is serious, and i can't help but feel confused about it.

''Did you not see what she just pulled Johnny? Trying to trick her way out of leaving the necklace on. She is testing me''

''Or..'' Soap says slowly. ''The locket means way more to her than we realize''

I scoff, letting out a sly chuckle. ''And what if it does? There is no room for sympathy here. At this rate, I would bet she would give her teammate's life for that goddamn locket. Is that what you want Johnny!?'' my tone is back to its authoritative and stern nature.

''Lt, with all due respect'' I can tell Soap is choosing his words carefully so as to not piss me off further. ''I know her. I met her 5 years ago as i was sent as a reinforcement for her team. She was on a solo mission. She used to be this shy, kind girl.''

''Would've been way easier to work with''

''My point is..'' Soap continues. ''..something happened in those 5 years, something big. It changed her whole persona. And I can't help but feel like the locket is connected to it''

''Johnny..'' I interrupt him, losing my patience. ''We are not her goddamn babysitters. if she has issues she needs help. At her current state, she is not fit for this job.''

Soap opens his mouth to say something else but he quickly shuts it. He knows i am right.

''Why are you protecting her?'' I ask confused, frowning. ''Just let her fuck up and report it to Price, she will be gone in a day''

Soap sighs. ''Because LT..I know her. Her records are phenomenal. She really could be a great asset to our team, one we desperately need..you know this.''

Soap's words struck me. We did receive intel recently that a new enemy leader is rising from the ashes. We need all the help we can get frankly. Even if it's an emotionally unstable piece of-...

I sigh, hesitant and annoyed to speak the words.
''Fine. I will talk to her''

A few minutes later I am barging through the hallway, stopping at y/n's door.

I knock violently.

''Recruit, open up. It's me'' I growl, making sure she knows I mean business.

I hear some stumbling on the other side. She doesn't open the door.

''What do you want.'' her voice slightly muffled because of the closed door.

''Recruit. Open the goddamn door!''

She sighs. As she slowly opens it.

I look down at her. Her eyes are red. Her face pale. She looks horrible.

I am a bit taken aback by her sudden change in appearance.

''Are..you okay?'' I ask, not being able to hide the tiniest bit of concern I have for her.

She stares at the ground. ''Why do you care?''

''I don't. Soap send me.''

''Then why didn't he come''

''I guess he was also sick of your behavior''

She scoffs. ''I appreciate your concern'' There is a hint of sarcasm in her tone.

I roll my eyes at her. ''Look, I don't know the deal with the locket but I did not..know the meaning of it. Hell, I still don't..''

I feel myself trail off, I'm not good at this kind of stuff and I have just had it with this girl.

A small playful smirk appears suddenly on her face as she crosses her arms.

''Are you apologizing LT?'' She taunts.

I grunt. God, she makes everything so much harder than it needs to be.

And how is she smirking as she just had a breakdown minutes ago? This girl makes my blood boil just by existing.

''Just so you know you will be reprimanded for skipping training'' I say sternly.

''But I-..''

''No. the reason doesn't matter. You skipped, which will have consequences'' I growl at her.

I turn around as I want to walk away, but I stop.

''And I guess I am..sorry for breaking your necklace,'' I mumble at her.

I feel the tension between us slightly fading as she lets out a deep sigh.

''Thank you'' she says with her usual soft tone.

Soap's words are suddenly playing in my mind.

She must have gone through a lot.

Right, I guess I know what that feels like. Maybe she and I have more in common than we care to admit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 868 26
With a threat growing in the shadows, Lieutenant Drew "Daisy" Farrell is sought out for TF141, an elite squad of soldiers trained to deal with the wo...
224K 4K 64
Ghost x fem reader (contains smut) Lieutenant y/n l/n graduated top of her branch in the military and because of that and also the fact that 141 has...
3.5K 63 6
Y/N (female) x Simon "Ghost" Riley Simon "Ghost" Riley is a cold hearted man. He finds you annoying and a pain in the arse(ass). Or that's what he w...
29.8K 655 34
simon (ghost) riley x oc, use deadname remover or interactive fics, they're free chrome extensions! uploads every other day Sgt. A. McLaughlin, a mys...