The Vengeful Ghost

By TristanMayy

When Visenya Velaryon was born paler than the winter snows barely six moons after the wedding of Rhaenyra and... More

1. Bastard
2. No Dragons to Be Found
3. Find It
4. Delicate Skin
5. Defend and Deflect
6. Two Ghosts
7. Time
8. Homecoming
9. Comfort Among Enemies
10. Reunion
11. A Second Chance to Learn
12. Emotion Tapping
13. More Than Enough
14. Bloodshed
15. Covered Ire
16. Swear It
17. A Targaryen
18. Gilding the Young Lily
19. Confused Finality
20. Look What You Made Me Do
21. Price of Pain
22. Individual Schemes
23. An Understanding
24. Fools at Court
25. Indigo and Sapphire
26. Princess of the People
27. Second of Her Name
28. Poetic Pain
29. Healthy Healing
30. We Are One
31. Tenderness
32. Dragonstone
33. Time for Growth
34. Sick With Love
35. Avy jorrāelan
36. The Four Storms
37. Searing Tears
38. A Falcon Among Dragons
39. Red Rain
40. The Red Council
41. Twin Dragons
42. Interrupted Bliss
43. Adventures and Plotting
44. Clubfoot
45. The Painful Truth
46. Anything For Her
47. The New Normal
48. Sweet Girls
49. The Weight of Fate
50. Dragonrider
51. Be Still My Heart
52. Dread on the Horizon
53. The Disaster Before the Storm
54. Queen Visenya
55. Backstabbing
56. Interlude
57. Spoils of War
58. Fire and Blood
59. Ghosts
60. This Means War
61. War Plans
62. Fields of Fire
64. Only Together
65. Lady of the Vale
66. The Gullet
67. Find Peace
68. One Thing After Another
69. The Red Kraken
70. Paranoia
71. The Kiss of Death
72. Harrenhal's Curses
73. Final Wishes
74. The Cells
75. Short and Sweet Embrace
76. Trial and Reign
77. Ñuha jorrāelagon
78. Epilogue

63. Claiming the Dragon

2.8K 142 60
By TristanMayy

I would like to thank what_the_fawkes and alyssrivrs for assisting me on this chapter.

Vermithor's head was carted through the streets during Aegon's funeral. Word of the Queen's victory finally inspired the Red troops, but there was unrest in the castle. There hadn't been any council meetings, and Visenya and Aemond were quite isolated from one another.

Aemond wanted to speak to Visenya, but every time he opened his mouth, he felt vile words on his tongue. He wished to chastise her for her choices, for sending Aegon in the first place, and for sneaking off instead of sending him or more dragon riders.

Visenya sat before the fire, Vharra at her breast, staying silent. She wasn't the Visenya he knew, he felt like he'd lost his wife the same night he'd lost his daughter. Was there any hope of recovery? Was violence her only therapy?

He was shocked when he heard Grey Ghost was the one that dealt the damage to Vermithor, clawing open his belly and ripping a wing almost all the way off. Grey Ghost was mirroring his rider's emotions.

Vharra started fussing and Visenya walked her to her bassinet, gently laying her down.

"Can I hold her?" Aemond asked. Not that Visenya let anyone handle her. But he was her father, he loved her and he felt like he hadn't bonded with her yet.

Visenya hesitated, spinning her rings on her fingers. "Why?"

Aemond scoffed and stood up, setting his book down. "Because I am her father, Visenya, and you barely let anyone look at her."

"Because I need to protect her!"

"And you seriously think I am going to harm her, our daughter?"

She let out a huff and turned away from him, pulling the tie in her hair to let her braid loose. "So now you are ignoring me again?" He scoffed.

"Goes both ways, Aemond. You have not spoken to me since Aegon's funeral. Seven hells, I don't even know if you are mad at me, and if you are, why you would be mad at me."

He ran his fingers through his hair. "You really don't see it, do you?"

"Had I not gone, Aegon would have died without even hurting Vermithor. I won us that battle!"

"But maybe we could have saved him by sending a team of dragons, not some lone rider who snuck out! What is the point of having a council if you do not listen?"

"And you listen to me?" She asked. Despite their arguing, she still had an emotionless void in her violet eyes.

"I have done nothing but listen to you, Visenya, and you know that. I have followed you every step of the way, I have killed for you, and I have willingly watched my mother die for you. And I would do it all again if I had to, or if I could do something different to prevent us from being where we are."

"Then you should know I would run off again if you ever try to keep me from fighting this war."

He let out a spiteful laugh. "You are just like your father, and not the one that raised you!"

The silence blinded him. He expected to see some sort of anger or pain in her eyes, but nothing. He on the other hand, immediately regretted it.

"Vis, I am so sorry -"

She raised her hand and the sting of her slap rendered him speechless. She turned her back on him to leave the room but she felt his hand grab her wrist and he was pinning her to the wall with a shadow of a smirk, his eye drilling into her.

There you are, he thought to himself. There was the fire he knew she possessed. Her hot breath fanned against his lips as he felt the pulse in her wrist quicken. There was some silent question in his look, asking her if he could go this far, if he could take her the way he wanted. She slapped him, she showed him the side of herself he longed for.

She nodded, her eyes flickering down to his lips with the close proximity. The look of love in his eye and his touch reminded her that she could feel something other than sorrow. She clung to that, to him, eager for more, eager to feel something more than pain, even for the briefest of moments. She needed to feel him.

"You should be gentle."

He scoffed. "That's something you've never asked me to do. Or maybe you don't need fucked."

"I need this Aemond. I need to feel something," she pleaded, tears in her eyes. "I need to feel, Aemond."

He nodded as his violet eye darkened with desire, his lips attacking her neck, teeth grazing her skin. He was losing his composure faster than he thought he would.

And if there was anything Aemond loved most, it was her mothered body. The curves she'd gained with childbirth, the stretch marks, everything drove him to the brink of madness. And the moment he'd think about her rich thighs, he was done for.

He picked her up and set her on the desk, lifting her shift up to her waist. She spread her legs for him, her slick reflecting off the candlelight in their room.

"How are you already so wet?" He groaned, placing his hands on her neck and kissing her jaw.

"I don't know," she whispered. Part of her felt ashamed to be so aroused after such tragedy. How dare she enjoy life when people are dying?

"Tell me where you want me, Visenya. My hands are yours, my cock is yours, anything you want."

She whimpered, feeling her anticipation come to a head as he placed his thumb against her clit. His pointer finger entered her and he felt her wetness coating his digits, making it easier to slide them in and out. But he wouldn't let her come, not yet.

"Gods, you are so fucking ready for me, hm?" He groaned as she reached for the buckle on his trousers, pushing them down for him. They fell to his ankles and he didn't bother stepping out of them as her hands worked his cock.

"You insufferable ass," she groaned.

"You defiant brat," he responded as he pushed her thighs further apart. "I'm going to remind you who you belong to, Visenya. You may be the queen out there, but tis I who you belong to in here. You are mine, Visenya, even your little wretched mouth. Understood?"

"I'd like to see you try, you miserable bastard," she moaned as he palmed her breast.

"Smart words coming from the one that needed legitimizing."

The fire in her eyes made his cock ache and she combed her fingers through his hair and tugged. He lined his cock up to her entrance, positioning himself to enter. But all he did was let the tip of his cock tease her entrance.

"If you own this cunt, why are you so afraid to fuck it?" She hissed.

"I'm going to make you earn it, Visenya," he said against her lips.

"Could you do it a bit faster before I find someone else to?"

This time he grabbed her hair and pulled back, exposing her neck. He sucked on her soft skin as he entered her, bottoming out. But he was impatient and he needed to fuck her. Badly.

He pulled back out and reentered, snapping into her with force. She threw her head back against the wall as she wrapped her legs around his waist, digging her heels into his lower back. Her nails moved to dig into his shoulder blades as his moans sent waves of pleasure straight to her core. She felt a pulsing, only not from her heart. He may have the throbbing cock, but her cunt was pulsing and clenching around him, desperate for every second of pleasure he was giving her.

She felt his cock hit every point she needed and her lower belly started tensing up, her legs squirming on the wooden desk as he picked up the pace. The creaking of the wood should have woken up their infant, but it did not. Thank the Gods. 

Her arousal was dripping onto the wood as he brought his thumb down to rub her clit, and her vision was beginning to whiten as she felt her orgasm building around him. She was clenching him so tight as she arched her back, her eyes tightly shut as her mouth hung open. Aemond could stare at her orgasm face for hours.

She let out a slew of curses and cries as she reached her peak, and it sent Aemond over the edge as he felt himself spill his seed into her sweet pussy. 

They stayed in this panting and sweating state for many moments, his cock going soft in her. He finally pulled out and watched his seed drip down her thighs and onto the wood, mixing with her own wetness. 

He pulled the shift the rest of the way off her, noticing her properly fucked state, wondering if she could even walk. He put his hand on the back of her head and pulled her into the crook of his shoulder, lifting her and carrying her to the bed. 

She sunk into the mattress and felt it dip as he joined her. And for just a moment, she let herself feel content.

-

Aemond woke up before Visenya, the sun barely shining through the curtains. Visenya was sleeping, naked under the thin sheet on their bed. He pulled on a pair of trousers just as he heard Vharra get fussy.

Aemond walked over to her and carefully lifted her out of the crib, cradling her close to his chest. "Shh, there you go. Have some patience with me, it's been five years since Papa has handled a newborn."

He sat down in the rocking chair and rested her against him, gently patting her back. She looked around the room, her little head wobbling as she couldn't support it herself yet. She looked up at Aemond, reaching for his hair.

"Of course, your siblings loved mine and your mama's hair. You will have your own one day. You've inherited the Valryian hair, it grows long and sometimes curly. Your mother's is curly so maybe you will inherit it."

He took a moment to properly study her features, immediately seeing his lips and Visenya's nose. He kept looking at her green eye, smiling to himself. What a unique feature to inherit from a great-grandmother.

There was always one thing that made his heart burst, and that was when they yawned. He was so obsessed with everything the twins did when they were babes, and yawning was something he would admit he found adorable.

"You look like your brother and sister. I should not be surprised. At this point, this whole family looks alike. Must be the inbreeding," He mumbled.

"I am sorry you had to hear us fight last night. Mama and I do not argue often, I love her tremendously. I didn't mean what I said. Kind of. She has been unstable, so maybe I just haven't been a good enough husband. They don't exactly teach you how to recover from watching your child get beheaded."

Vharra cooed, letting out another yawn. "Me too," He whispered. "Maybe we should get some rest together before I miss your mother too much. I get lost in my thoughts sometimes, wondering if she deserved better. Maybe Cregan Stark so that she could be away from all this mess. But he'd never fuck her like I could."

Vharra got fussy with his last sentence and he chuckled. "Sorry. Crude language for an infant. I wish I could just love all her fears away."

When he looked down at Vharra, she was already asleep with the side of her face pressed against his chest. He let out a little chuckle and kissed the top of her head and placed her back in the crib.

He looked at Visenya as she slept and the way her swollen breasts were pressed against her as she lay on her stomach. He could watch this sight all day and have no qualms. He'd stare at her chest all day if she'd let him, especially when they got like this after pregnancy.

Pregnancy.

He got on his feet, slightly panicking. He needed to get her moon tea before it was too late. He pulled on a loose shirt and made his way down to the kitchens, hoping that Maester Munkun or Brella was awake and around.

"Aemond?" Brella asked from one of the maids' tables.

"Uh, I need your help, slightly."

Brella set her cup down and she made her way over to him. "What is it?"

"I need moon tea," He whispered.

Brella tilted her head. "For Visenya?"

He rolled his eye. "No, for my secret whore."

She let out a snicker and walked over to a counter with various spices and ingredients. She handed him the list of what he would need. "I will teach you so that I do not always have to clean up after your fuckfests."

"We're married, you should know by now what that is like," He glared at her. "I assume five weeks of marital bliss gave you an idea."

Brella looked down at her hands. "I know you hate me for it, but deceit was not my intention."

"No, love was the intention. Love is the death of duty. And since my brother is young, love drove his decisions. But your marriage cost us the North."

"You truly believe Cregan Stark would have upheld his end of the deal? Cregan followed the vows of his father, I think it was a farce he considered it in the first place. I know I am not a noblewoman, and I know you all think I should have been his whore. But Daeron has been asking me to marry him for years and despite my desires, I said no because I knew he would have to marry for duty. But when he got back from Storm's End and news of Jacaerys reached, you both automatically doubted him and I had never seen him so broken. I could no longer decline him."

Aemond studied her carefully, watching the way she nervously tapped on the counter. Brella was not normally on edge, she was a composed woman.

"Why are you so nervous and defensive this morning?" He asked, following the directions of the tea.

"Because now more than ever, I can not handle any slander. I would prefer just to be frank than to feel like everyone is waiting to strike me. I love Daeron, Aemond. He is everything to me. But I also love Visenya and have my loyalty prioritized above all else. But I am scared, and I have been since Blood and Cheese." Her voice dropped to a whisper for the last part.

Brella always knew the consequences of being loyal to Visenya, so what about that made her so scared? It was not even Visenya's loyalists targeted, it was -

Oh.

"You are pregnant," He said only loud enough for her to hear.

Her face went pale and she nodded. "I am almost certain."

"Fuck," He mumbled. "Don't tell anyone yet, not until I can make sure a maester checks on you without rumor spreading. If Daemon knew, I don't even want to imagine."

"Thank you," She whispered, wiping her tears away.

"Brella, I may have been angry and confused, but I am not mad at you. You were family years before you married your brother. I will make sure you are okay."

Brella nodded and walked away, leaving him to decipher the recipe alone. They were easy instructions but his nervous mind made him doubt he would get it right.

He followed every instruction to the T and made his way back upstairs to their chambers, careful not to spill a drop. Upon entering the room, he was relieved to see both his daughter and wife still sleeping.

Aemond walked to her side of the bed and sat on the edge, using the back of his knuckles to gently graze the pale skin of her cheek. She started to stir beneath but didn't fully wake up.

He softly started to brush her hair back with his hand, clearing that beautiful face from the wild curls. Her eyelids started to open as he admired the beauty of her tired face. He even found beauty in the scar that split her eyebrow.

"Good morning, sweet dragon."

"Hmm," She mumbled. "Why are you up before me?"

He kissed her forehead. "I bring a gift."

"Lucky me," She yawned and sat up. She leaned against his body as he reached for the mug of tea.

"It is the least I could," He said softly, resting his chin on her head as she slowly drank the bitter tea.

Visenya got lost in her thoughts as she drank, thinking back to last night. Aemond had fucked her. And it was good.

But how could she allow herself to feel pleasure while the people who killed her daughter still drew breath?

Daemon.

The same man her husband compared her to. Clearly, Aemond didn't mean the child-killing monster, it was something more. Daemon was impulsive, rash, and violent.

Visenya had been ... impulsive, rash, and violent.

There had been no calculation, no accurate decisions that could have saved Aegon's life. His blood was on her hands, she blamed herself for leaving Helaena without a husband.

She placed her hand over her heart as she struggled to breathe, as she began to realize she would never see Aegon again. No more crude jokes, no more support, no more smiles.

She started to hyperventilate as she leaned further into Aemond, gasping for air as she cried for her brother.

Moments passed before she felt a pair of arms wrap tighter around her and Aemond was pulling her into his lap. "I am sorry," He whispered.

"It's all my fault, Aemond. I killed him. Aegon is gone because of me."

"No," He said softly. "Aegon would have died in vain without you."

"I should have saved him, Aemond," she sobbed, holding on to him. He gently rubbed her back and kissed her forehead, keeping her close to him.

"I want to be so mad at you, so pissed off for comparing me to him. But you were right. Everything I did was something he would have done. I wasn't calculated, I wasn't going in level-headed. I was a bad queen."

"No, you are not. No king before you had ever been perfect. But for some reason, they expect a woman to be perfect." He cupped her cheeks so that she would be forced to pull her head away and look at him. "You are a woman, Visenya, everything is being critiqued. Had a man done that, they wouldn't have thought twice.

He used the pad of his thumb to wipe away her tears. "So please, my love, listen to your council. We can win this war, but we have to do it together. I promise that from now on we will ride together. If we fly for battle, we do it as a united front."

She nodded, resting her forehead against his. "I want to call a small council meeting. No one is taking this from me now. They can tell my mother that I will have this throne and her head. There is no mercy now."

As many of you noticed, it took me a bit longer to update. That is because for the first two days after last update, I could barely look at this fanfic without wanting to throw up. I am very supportive of constructive criticism, but the comments I got on my last chapter on Ao3 were far more than constructive criticisms. I received MULTIPLE comments that were three times the size of my phone screen that were just defeating. Essays on why Visenya was a bad queen and character, messages tearing her down, and tearing down many of the choices I made. So I was depressed, I was lost. I can not tell you how many HOURS I spend just on research and planning. Visenya is my most fleshed-out character and to see her so belittled hurt me more than it should. And then to say she needs Otto as hand. So when you decide to write a whole dissertation on why a character/storyline sucks, please remember there is an author on the other side that has poured her whole heart and soul into that character and storyline. 

Thankfully y'all on wattpad have been amazing. Thank you. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.8K 2.1K 27
When Y/n Targaryen is born, the gods flipped a coin. --------- Being blamed for her mothers death, wasn't something unusual. The whole castle barley...
8.3K 203 15
Sienna Targaryen was born in 81 AC five minutes before Daemon Targaryen. Everyone had expected her to be like Daemon but as she grew up it became inc...
26.7K 612 5
-----------꧁☦︎꧂----------- "My loyalty lies with the Crown which you wear. This will always include your Heir, my brother." -----------꧁☦︎︎꧂...
49.3K 1K 13
Jaenys was born of blood both hot and cold, her father was a Targaryen and her mother was a Stark. When the Stranger claimed her mother on the birthi...