Bound to My Billionaire Boss

By MercyAkodegbe

"I love you!" He screamed and a sob escaped her lips. "I love you Rosie...from that day-" he took a step and... More

Chapter 1- First day at work
Chapter 2-Heartwarming handshake
Chapter 3- He knew a lot
Chapter 4- Sophia's threat
Chapter 5- Clumsy?
Chapter 6- Her mum took a loan
Chapter 7- Fear
Chapter 8- Haunted memory
Chapter 9- Fired
Chapter 10- A wrong kiss with feelings
Chapter 11- Cravings and feelings
Chapter 12- Affection and care
Chapter 13- Salary ahead on a condition
Chapter 15- A step into feelings
Chapter 16-Took her as his date
Chapter 17- Met Williams
Chapter 18- Heated emotions
Chapter 19- Trouble looming
Chapter 20- Innocent (now in danger)
Chapter 21- Threats and fear
Chapter 22- Fear and recovery at last
Chapter 23- Back to New York
Chapter 24- Jealousy
Chapter 25- Angry and got her in danger
Chapter 26- Saved her
Chapter 27- Happy with him
Chapter 28- In his house
Chapter 29- Anger?

Chapter 14-A visit to Italy (emotions)

71 4 0
By MercyAkodegbe

Rosalie's POV

"Yes" I answered mum as I laid on the bed. "That was the only condition and I accepted."

"Oh God Rosie" she tugged on her hair and sighed. "I'm very scared. Did he say it's a business trip? Are you following him for business purpose?" Mum questioned again.

Her face creased and her amber eyes laced with worry.

"I don't know" I answered honestly. No matter the amount of questions I asked Mr. Alexander, he only gave sketchy replies.

"You're following me to Italy" was his reply.
Oh yeah, coupled with "you'll know when we get there"

I didn't grasp why he needed me in Italy but I bet it's for business purposes. Why else will he need me?

"I'm scared, if not because we need the money, I wouldn't allow you go Rosie, I feel so terrible."

Hopelessness and emptiness filled my heart and I sighed despondently. A part of me trusted Mr. Alex. He had shown me kindness several times. I was sure he couldn't have a bad plan.

What if the niceness was so you could fall into his trap?

My subconscious asked and I paused. That too was a valid reason. Because — he went from cold to warm!

What if it was because he could get my trust?

I groaned as I rolled on the bed. But what choice do I have? I had to pay those thugs.

I wasn't ready for any torture they could make me go through.

"I know you're not willing; you just want to do this for me" mum sniffed and bit on her lip. "I feel like a terrible mother."

"Mum!" I called wide-eyed. "Please don't say that, you've done a lot already" I mumbled and sat up.

She chested all of my responsibilities. She was a young single mother. She played the role of a father in my life.

At that, I paused. Would things be the same if I had a father? Will I have to wallow in self pity if I had a father?

I bet not.

"Mum?" I found myself calling and she turned to me. "Would things be the same if dad was here?" I queried.

"Rosie please" she turned sideways and sniffled. "Don't let us talk about that"

"Why?" I asked in a whisper. "You never told me about him. You only said you didn't meet him in the last city. When did he die? What went wrong? Why don't I know any of his family?" I shot at her and she batted her lashes.

"Rosie—" she took a deep breath and ruffled her hair. "I think you should know —"

"Know what —" my brows arched as curiosity took the best of me. "What happened?" I asked hoping it wasn't what popped up in my head.

Of course she couldn't have lied that my father was dead.

"Your father might not be dead" she dropped the bombshell and I went still. My lips went agape as I tried to process it.

Did she lie to me for 22 years?

"No Rosie, it's not what you're thinking. I promise I didn't lie. I didn't know how he was fairing" her voice broke and she sniffed. "Your father and I parted long before you were born."

It hit me like a missile. My heart failed to function and my lungs stopped as I processed it.

Why did they split? Was it because of me? It wasn't a night stand from her words. Was it that he didn't want me? The tears stung my eyes and in no time they rolled down.

"I'm sorry for hiding it Rosie, but I couldn't bring myself to tell you that. I know I'm the worst mum. I couldn't even put you before me" her tears ran down her face and she sniffled.

"Why did you split? Was it because of me? He didn't want me, did he?" I asked slowly and she shook her head at once.

"No…no" she sniffed and bit on her lips. "It was my fault not your father's."

"How?"

"I…I couldn't. Rosie—" she bit on her lip to suppress her son while my tears fell. So that means my dad could be alive? He wasn't dead?

Despite my despondence, a flare of happiness surged inside of me.

"I couldn't sacrifice Rosalie. I couldn't bring down my ego. I just couldn't " she sniffed and wiped her tears. "I was selfish and I'm sorry you have to go through all of this."

As I watched her speak, my heart sank and my chest heavy. She casted her gaze to the floor, her guilt eating her up. At once, I knew she did something wrong.

"What did you do?"

"Huh?" She rose to her feet and licked her lips. "I can't say it Rosalie, you might just hate me."

At that, my anticipation grew and I sat straight. "Tell me."

"No" she shook her head and glanced around. She trotted to the wardrobe while I wallowed in my thoughts.

My father could be somewhere. The fact that my mum was a widow could be a lie. I sniffed and sighed. I needed to know what mum did wrong.

"Rosalie" she called and I raised my head to her. "You can keep this in memory of him. Who knows you might cross paths?"

"What?" My brows puckered as I stared at her.

"This" she held out a gold chain to me and my puzzle grew wider. "It was a gift from him" she held it firmly lovingly and I blinked rapidly.

She had a possession of him?

"I found it when I searched the house" she seemed to read my confusion. "When I was searching for money."

"I value it but because I value you too—" she unlocked the necklace and the cold chill met with my neck. "I am wearing this for you" she locked it around my neck and I took my hands to it.

It was cold but it melted my heart. It was my father's possession. I had it with me. I bit on my lips as I stared at it.

"It fits you" mum smiled and took my eyes to her face. Her bleak face held tones of sadness in it. Her cheek bones were more prominent but it suited her face just like it suited mine.

"Take care of it" she turned around but I grabbed her hand.

"You still haven't told me what went wrong" I told her firmly and before I knew it, her face contorted in a scowl.

"Don't worry about it Rosalie."

My grip around her loosened at her frigid voice. I batted my lashes as I stared at her face that was darkened with no emotion.

"Fine." I scoffed and blinked back my tears. "Keep it to yourself."

She trotted out and shut the door and I sneered. Why'd she tell me half of the story? It was irrelevant then.

But I got to have my dad's possession. I sighed and caressed it gently. I hope to meet him; perhaps he might tell me the whole story.
———

I bit hard on my lips and turned sideways. My orbs rested on Mr. Alexander's face immediately. We were in Italy. We took the flight at almost noon and it was evening now.

And yes, we were in the hotel he booked.

"What's it?" He raised his head to me and I blinked rapidly. His gray eyes bore holes into my skin while my orbs admired his face.

From his perfectly carved eyebrows to his Roman nose that fitted his cheekbones and was accentuated with a perfect jawline, he looked heavenly hot.

"Stop staring Miss Jones" he scoffed and I jolted out of my admiration immediately.

"Yes sir" I turned sideways before I turned to him. "Why…are we here sir?" I queried with so much enthusiasm.

I deserved to know the reason we were in Italy, didn't I?

"You want to know?" He leaned towards me and I gasped wide-eyed. I leaned onto the window as my breath was bated.

His face held a smirk as he lowered his head to me. When he was close enough, he placed his lips on my neck and I swear I had never felt that much heat.

Different feelings clouded my mind as he brushed my neck with nose. My hands hitched to hold him but I dared not.

"Do you still want to know?" His breath fanned my neck and cold sharp chills ran through me. I subconsciously strained my neck giving him more access and he laughed.

He laughed. I stopped as I stared at his perfect set of teeth.
It was my first time seeing him laugh.

All he ever did was chortle.

"Do you know this phrase Miss Jones?" He raised his head to me and we locked eyes. "Curiosity killed the cat" he smirked before he pulled away leaving me breathless.

The smell of his cologne filled my nostrils repeatedly even with the distance. I sniffed and pulled myself together at the same time trying to hide my reddened cheeks.

He was very close to me.
His nose brushed my neck.
His lips did the same.

Excitement surged through me as I thought of it. I had felt his lips on my neck countless times but I was elated because today, it wasn't out of pity.

"Get down Miss Jones"

I blinked rapidly seeing him outside. The car had stopped and he was out. I nodded and opened the car door.

I sniffed as I pulled myself together. I was still wondering why he insisted I followed him to Italy. But I'd be patiently willing to know.

My eyes darted around the premises leaving me in awe. Light emanated from every side of the hotel. Different cars were parked at the parking lot.

The entrance was adorned with ivy-covered stone walls and plush gardens.

Elegant and glamorous was an understatement. "Let's go" a voice broke into my thoughts and I saw Mr. Alexander ahead.

I nodded and trotted after him. We passed through different hallways that exuded charm with its opulent furnishes and sparkling chandeliers until he paused. His lips raised into a smirk as he stared at me, "your boss is the one carrying the luggage for you, huh?"

It suddenly hit me. I gasped as I stared at the two luggages he held. How didn't I notice?

"Sir" I took my hand to the luggage and swallowed thickly. "I'm…sorry."

He chortled and held firmly to the luggage, "don't worry Rosalie."

I stopped. My body paused every action. Rosalie. Everytime he called that name, it stirred up something inside of me.

He led the way and I followed with jelly legs. The hypnotic voice of my boss kept reverberating in my ears. Everything about him was heavenly.

We reached the receptionist and he got the cards still holding the luggages. I couldn't believe he was that nice to me.

We reached a door and he stopped. "Here" he slid the card to me and I took it. "This is your room" he helped open the door and I nodded.

"I got it next to mine for your safety" he mumbled and I noticed his demeanor grew cold. He grabbed his card and opened his door but stopped.

He whipped his head to me while I awaited his speech, "if you need more protection Rosalie, you can come to the room."

My brows rose at his words. He walked to his room leaving me stunned. More protection? I needed no protection but I craved his presence.

I sighed and shook my head. I was going crazy.

I walked inside, settled in and flopped to the bed. We were in Italy and he still hadn't told me why we were there.

I shut my eyes and the feeling of his lips on my forehead clouded my thoughts. His closeness. How he made my breath clog. I wished to experience it again.

I had to go to him.

I was crazy yearning for my boss' presence but I wanted it. And he said I could, right?

Immediately, I found myself heading out of my room. As I raised my hand to knock, I paused.

He was my boss. I shouldn't forget that.
He had a girlfriend that hated me.

I shouldn't cross the line.

I shook my head and turned around when the voice rang in my ears "come in Rosalie."

My eyes widened and I gasped. How…I glanced around knowing I only misheard until he spoke again.

"Come in Rosalie."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 41.3K 60
"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion? It felt so real and lively. "...and ju...
4.9K 179 26
I flinched as he smashed the glass with his bare hands after my harsh accusations. With bleeding hands and teary eyes, Lewis looked at me. "I love yo...
1.4M 40.7K 44
Clara Bowen has had a troubled life. Her family, being very religous, has entrapped her into a life hidden from the real world. Now Clara is given th...
5.1M 162K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...