↱PINK↲ ⇾seongjoong⇽

By larryloverq

On the Internet, college senior Park Seonghwa is known as the Pink Princess: a blogger that inspires his thou... More

↱CONTENT WARNINGS↲
𑁍
⋆✿
❀˖°
𓇗
𓇢𓆸༘
𑁍
⋆✿
❀˖°
𓇢𓆸༘
𑁍
⋆✿
❀˖°
𓇗
𓇢𓆸༘
𑁍
⋆✿
❀˖°
𓇗
𓇢𓆸༘
𑁍
⋆✿
❀˖°
𓇗
𓇢𓆸༘
𑁍
⋆✿
❀˖°
𓇗
𓇢𓆸༘
????
⋆✿
❀˖°
𓇙

𓇗

1.4K 116 72
By larryloverq

𖡼𖤣𖥧𖡼𓋼𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊

Hongjoong expected to run into Seonghwa on campus at some point.

He didn't anticipate seeing him walk into his Creative Writing class.

Seonghwa had said they were in the same course, but he never thought they would have the same professor.

The ravenette sighed to himself as he readjusted his black glasses.

He always arrived to his classes early and sat in the very back so he could have a few minutes of repose before drowning in work.

However, all plans of serenity were shattered when he saw that Seonghwa's lavender shorts ended mid-thigh.

Hongjoong had a hard time tearing his eyes away from Seonghwa's legs, even when he heard Seonghwa speak to him.

"Hey, Hongjoong!" Seonghwa stepped towards him, sitting in the desk next to his. "I was hoping we'd be in the same class!"

Hongjoong finally looked up when he sat down. "Yeah..."

"Your glasses look cute on you." Seonghwa casually complimented him as he opened his backpack.

"Thanks." Hongjoong could feel the curious gaze of other students on him and Seonghwa, but he did his best to ignore them. "You're cute too."

The words slipped out without Hongjoong fully processing them.

He felt his body heat up, mortified. "I-I mean," He stuttered. "The colors you're wearing look cute on you. Damn it, it's too early in the morning for this."

Seonghwa laughed heartily. "It's almost 10am, Joong-ah. It's not that early." He teased. "Then again, you probably need coffee to function, if the caffe americano you ordered yesterday indicated anything."

"Yeah, let's go with that." Hongjoong murmured, laying his head down on his desk.

Seonghwa leaned closer to Hongjoong and pinched his arm. "Hey, how about I buy you coffee after class? You don't have another class to run to, do you?"

Seonghwa was so close.

Hongjoong could smell the cherry blossom scented fragrance wafting from him.

"No, my next class isn't until twelve." Hongjoong replied. "We can go."

Needless to say, Hongjoong was distracted when class began.

The professor was simply going over the syllabus, but Hongjoong didn't pay attention.

This was dangerous.

If Seonghwa sat next to him all semester wearing shorts like those, he'd never get any work done.

It wasn't until the end of class that Hongjoong remembered he needed to apologize to his hyung for his behavior.

"Seonghwa, I'm sorry about Sunday. I... wasn't feeling well." Hongjoong worded carefully as he waited on Seonghwa to pack his notebook.

"It's alright." Seonghwa forgave him with no hesitation. "I figured that's what was wrong. Next time you're feeling sick, just let me know, okay?"

"Alright." Hongjoong was relieved. "So... coffee?"

The walk to Starbucks was silent, but comfortable.

Seonghwa noted that Hongjoong was a man of few words, which was fine with him.

If needed, Seonghwa could talk enough for the both of them.

When the pair received their coffee, they sat in a booth.

"So Joong," Seonghwa began. "What do you like to rap about?"

The younger man was startled at the sudden use of his nickname and interest in his music. "Oh, uh, I write raps about a variety of things. Youth, freedom, hopes and dreams. It's easy to find my flow in those topics, you know? I wanna inspire others to follow their dreams, like I wanna do. When I rap, I feel like I'm in a different world."

Seonghwa nodded, understanding the sentiment completely.

He felt the same way about his blog.

It came so natural to talk about his experiences as a gay man in Seoul while helping others at the same time.

As Hongjoong continued babbling about his love for hip hop, Seonghwa took the time to commit the way his face lights up to memory.

His smile seems more authentic then before, and his eyes were bright with excitement.

Seonghwa rested his cheek on his knuckles as he listened intently.

Hongjoong abruptly cut himself off when he noticed Seonghwa's placid expression. "I'm rambling again. You're probably bored of hearing me talk about music."

Seonghwa shook his head in objection. "No, I'm really interested in what you have to say. It may just be my imagination, but you seem happier talking about hip hop than academics. Am I reading that right?"

Hongjoong's cheeks flushed. "You noticed that, huh?" He laughed uneasily.

"Yup." Seonghwa took a sip of his frappuccino. "You probably get a lot of people asking you about it since you're so smart. So, I'll do my best not to bring it up."

"You don't have to censor yourself like that." Hongjoong objected firmly. "If you're truly interested, please ask. I only get annoyed at people who only inquire about how smart I am and never try to get to know the real me, you know?" Hongjoong's voice softened. "Not many people ask about what I like to do. Music isn't considered academic by a lot of people."

"That's just silly! Of course music is academic!" Seonghwa scoffed. "Those people don't know what they're talking about. The arts is a huge part of education. Just because it doesn't involve science formulas or math equations doesn't mean it shouldn't be taken seriously."

"You're right." Hongjoong agreed. "Music gives me a chance to express myself without any boundaries. The possibilities are endless. People who talk to me don't believe music is a smart career choice. That music won't get me anywhere."

"I'm an acting major, so I understand people thinking you're destined to fail." Seonghwa shared. "But screw them, right? If I allowed people's opinion of me determine who I am, I would never leave my home. I would be too scared to be myself. Hongjoong... be proud of your skills in music. You'll go far, I know you will. You have spirit. I could see it just from you talking."

Hongjoong had an unreadable expression on his face.

It gradually melted into something fond.

"You're one of the few people I know that believe in me." He revealed. "San used to be the only one. But now, I have you and Yeosang supporting me. Thank you, hyung."

Seonghwa's cheeks were pink, and it wasn't because of the blush he patted on that morning.

"It's no problem, really." Seonghwa waved it off. "The people who are discouraged the most are the ones who typically have the most talent."

"You really think so?" Hongjoong chuckled, gazing at Seonghwa fondly.

"I know so."

The two stared at each other until a loud voice interrupted their little moment.

"Seonghwa!"

Seonghwa shrieked when he felt two arms wrap around him from behind.

Hongjoong just gave Seonghwa an amused smile when he realized who the culprit was.

"Hey, Yunho." Hongjoong waved.

Seonghwa turned around in his seat and sure enough, the lilac haired boy was cheesing at him.

He had a saxophone case in one hand, and his penny board in the other.

Mischief glinted in his eyes.

"Hey guys!" Yunho cried cheerily, twirling around. "I saw you guys over here all cozy, so I-" Yunho cut himself off, covering his mouth in mock horror. "Oh... oh no! Did I just interrupt a date?!"

Hongjoong choked on his caramel macchiato while Seonghwa waved his hands frantically.

"N-No, Yunho! This isn't a date!" Seonghwa sputtered.

"Really?" Yunho tilted his head to the side. "Your red face says otherwise! Aw, you two are so cute!"

The enthusiastic exchange drew the attention of the entire cafe.

Hongjoong found himself sinking lower in the booth.

"Just sit down and be quiet!" Seonghwa hissed, yanking the younger man into his booth.

Yunho did his best to stifle his giggles as he rested his saxophone case in between his knees. "You're so easy to tease, hyung."

"Well, stop it!" Seonghwa whined. "I get it enough from Yeosang!"

"Oh, yeah!" Yunho recalled. "Yeosang told me about his scheme to get you to check out Hongjoong's a-"

"Yah!" Seonghwa repeatedly poked Yunho's ribs, causing him to yelp. "That's enough outta you!"

Still lost, Hongjoong sat up in his seat.

He chuckled at Seonghwa's perturbed face.

"Adorable..." He murmured.

"Huh? Did you say something?" Seonghwa asked, turning his attention away from Yunho.

"No, it's nothing." Hongjoong shook his head.

"I'm curious about something. You don't seem surprised that Yunho knows me." Seonghwa observed, regaining his normal composure. "I know you two are neighbors, but I just found that out yesterday."

"Yesterday, Yunho wouldn't shut up about you." Hongjoong remembered. "Wouldn't stop crying, either. He said you guys were online friends for seven years. Which is... amazing, really. You guys behave like you've been by each other's side for decades."

Seonghwa noticed that Hongjoong didn't mention anything about them meeting on his blog.

He silently thanked Yunho for not bringing it up.

He doesn't tell many people about it.

The only outside people who know are San and Yeosang.

He shared the blog with Yeosang a few months after they became friends.

It was a necessity for San to know, so he won't think he's talking to himself when he records video logs.

Pretty in Pink was too precious to him to just let anyone in on it.

"Well, it's been fun messing with you two," Yunho said as he scooted out of the booth.

He smoothed his yellow skirt down. "But I have to get to band class. I have a chair test today." He sighed sadly.

Hongjoong checked his watch. "I gotta get going too. My first piano lesson starts soon."

"So you'll be heading to the performing arts building then! C'mon, let's walk together!" Yunho squealed, tugging at Hongjoong's arm. "See you later, Seonghwa!"

Seonghwa gazed at Hongjoong's retreating figure, a little disappointed that their chat ended so soon.

Hongjoong threw his empty cup away and looked back towards Seonghwa.

Cursing at himself for getting caught staring, Seonghwa dipped his head, pretending to look for his phone.

The action caused the blond to miss the way Hongjoong licked his lips before getting dragged out of the cafe by Yunho.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70 8 4
Hongjoong is an introvert and has been living with his grandma for as long as he knows. Today he is starting his second day at university, but what h...
18.3K 789 26
[COMPLETED] ✅️ Seonghwa loathed the annoying prick. Aka, Kim Hongjoong. He was smug and cocky and was way too in control. He hated everything about h...
21.6K 812 30
[COMPLETED] ☑️ Seonghwa has a history of being attracted to the toxic bad boy types. But that was the old Seonghwa, now he has moved on. He was tryin...
6.1K 445 4
- [COMPLETED] he looks up, first at the vast cerulean sky, then at the person standing in the distance waving him over, and hardly believes that this...