★MY NAIJA SCHOOL TALE★(Unedit...

By Nazaking

Judith's life takes a sudden twist during her SS1 days, when her dad died from a ghastly road accident.. whic... More

when life takes a turn(prologue)
1~>moving on
2~>Preparation
Characters
3~>New girl?
4~>friends and enemies
5~>Jerk
6~>Philanderer
7~>VECTOR
8~>Bad guys
9~>The Spur
10~>UNDECIPHERABLE
11~>Visiting Day!!
12~>Stay away
13~>Incongruence
14~>Bestfriends
15~>Jealousy
16~>Drama
17~>SS3
18~>Wahala.
19~>Stigma
20~>Hand Over.
21~>Exams.
22~>Coming Home.
23~>Family
24~>Family..2
25~>Family...3
26~>Back To School.
27~>Blossom.
28~>Unity
29~>Malevolence.
30~Who locked the door?
31~Esteem.
32~Strange.
33~Couples.
34~>Date.
35~Drift
36~Argument.
37~Breakfast.
38~Frenemy
Your thoughts...
40~Just Friends.
41~Final Goodbyes.
Appreciation.

39~Focus.

157 29 4
By Nazaking

Please leave a vote and a comment..

Kachi.

"Would we ever get back together?"I thought staring at space.

I've grown so used to her.
It's just like having something and then it suddenly vanishes.

"Bro, I'm sorry.
We never knew it will get this bad."They apologized with guilty struck faces.

Silent treatment had never been this bad.
She stays away from the cafeteria.
During dinner,once our meal is over she rushes off to her hostel.

It's as if she couldn't stand a sight of me.

"It's fine guys.
What will be will be."I sighed tired of how we ignored ourselves for the past one week.
Standing up to have our signature handshake and hugs.

This was the longest fight we had,and this is the first time they offered me a sincere apology.

"Ehen, atleast our room no go dull.
This una quarrel tire me oo."Dave exclaimed.

Emma hummed in agreement, returning his interest on his phone probably chatting with his babe.

Emma's relationship had changed him a lot,he isn't stuck up as he used to be and he is not always serious as usual.

"Nnaa,na wa oo.
You never tell us the kind juju Ifeoma use for your head oo.
You wey dey act like jewman,see as you dey chat dey smile like fish."Ifeanyi teased Emma.

"As in ehnn.."Jerry agreed.

"Na you dem put for bottle,anu mpama ,make you start now dey soak yourself for olive oil, because you see all this SS1 babes you dey tap go soon open your page."Emma snorted.

"O dị egwu.
Since Kachi don dey turn to good guy,me self I fit turn to good guy but I gats find one better chick wey be like Judith or even Ifeoma*He teased making Emma narrow his eyes him.

"Calm down abeg,I no even know how you dey cope with that Ifeoma, her mouth too sharp.
I for like run things with Ella,but Femi don carry am..
Seriously them don carry all the better girls leave all this yeye girls wey no sabi anything for us.
Maybe I go try my luck with Temi."He ranted.
We all groaned tired of his complaints.

I'm can't believe I finally got tired of the playboy game.
May be I should just focus on our forthcoming exams.

.

.

Judith.

Focus!!
Was all that was ringing on my head.

JAMB had come and gone.

The results are not out yet.

After Chinwe's apology,or Should I say forced apology.
I have decided to lay low and face my studies.

Victor asked me out,and it came as a surprise to me.

.
~~flashback~~

"I know this might not be the right time but I still have to let my feelings out..
I love you."

Huh,love? Not even like?

"Are you pulling my legs?"I chuckled in disbelief.

"I'm serious I always did but I wasn't courageous enough to tell you..
Your bravery drew me to you.
When we first met,how we met..
You weren't even afraid of me, when I'm sure you have heard tales about me.
You didn't join the others to paint me black, instead you saw a good in me,You made me understand what true love and friendship is..
And when I fell for you,I fell so hard because of your warm and welcoming personality."He paused looking at me.
I was near emotional,I never knew he felt this way about me..

Our bond was just natural,I liked him like my brother Ifechi..
And when,my friends spoke against him,I couldn't bring myself to stay away from him.
I made me want to be closer to him.

"Because of you,I seemed to have found my feet again.
Your words,your encouragement,it drew me out of the dark tunnel of depression.
You made me see that I worth more than I thought I am.
I and my friends are better persons because of your good company.
I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend, but that sly bastard already did.
But now that you are no longer his,will accept to be my girl?"He finally breathe out.

"Vic, I'm seriously overwhelmed.
I never knew I was doing all this you mentioned,I was just being there for a friend.
I also want to thank you too, for allowing me into your life.

For letting me help you,I couldn't have done that with out your cooperation.
Talking about relationship,
Vic,I'm honestly not cut out for any relationship stuffs now.
I have had enough drama for the year.
I just want to focus on getting good grades in our forthcoming external exams.
I think you are should do same too.
But I want you to know this, you'll always remain special to me.
But for now let's mold the building blocks of our future."She said fixing his gaze at him.

He gulped nervously before looking away.

"You still like him?"He asked,my heart skipped,I couldn't form a reply.

Do I still like him?

Well,all that matters is my academics.

"No matter what Jay, you'll still have a special place in my heart."He concluded after not getting a response from me..
~

~end of flashback.~~

"Senior Judith!!"Tolani exclaimed bringing me out from my world of thoughts.

"Yes,Tee.
Is there any problem?"I quizzed.

"No oh,it's just that they have ring bell for dinner,almost everybody have left the hostel."She explained.

"Ohh,I lost track of time."I got down from my bed, dusting imaginary dust from our hostel uniform of a red and white check.

.

.

.

Ifeoma.

"You know if anyone told me that we be with each other again I would have placed a solid slap on their faces."I suddenly blurted.

"You are one of the good thing that happened.
Of course that's what your name means *Ifeoma* .
A good thing.
I'm happy I didn't give up on you."Dozie said stroking my braids to the side as I blush profusely.
My light skin isn't helping.

"You are really good with words,one will think you are a stuck up person with your signature frown."I teased.

"Well let's say, when I'm with you,I feel as free as a bird."He replied calmly.

"What do you see yourself becoming in the next eight years time?"He suddenly asked.

"Well,I see my self finishing university,becoming a Cool lab scientist and making cool cash.
I'll have a standard laboratory to different types of checkups..
Explore my youthhood,Travel around the world."She replied, ending each sentence with a high note.

"Am I found anywhere in it?"He smirked.

"Of course, you'll be found everywhere with it,but still let's see what fate has for us."I answered sincerely.

"You know..
Time flies so fast,I remember when we first met.
You were crying bitterly because Chika and Elo called you ugly."

We both chuckled as I remembered the day we first met, uncle David gave I,Chika and Elo some chin-chin snack,Elo and Chika finished theirs and wanted to have mine, I bluntly refused and finished my chin-chin without giving them,After eating it,I decided to join them in playing, but they were so angry at me, they teased me and called me Ugly like a cartoon character we usually watched.
As a child I hated been called ugly.
I ran off and sat under a mango tree in our neighborhood sobbing, that was where we first met.
I chuckled remembering how a younger,chubier version of Dozie consoled me by saying I was the cutest princess in the world.

"And just like my prince charming,you always appear when I'm in distress."
We both smiled gazing at space.

"You haven't told me what you intend to achieve in the next eight years."

"Well,I would have wanted to be Professional footballer.
But my Dad will have my head,so I'll just study Fine arts, become a well-known artist,and then pursue my dreams."He replied..

That's nice,He paintings and drawings are so ethereal and mind-blowing.
But he says it reminds him of his mother.
She loved painting..
We hugged each other, burying my head on his chest listening to his heart beat.

.

.

.

. Narrator.

In the classroom.

"..As you all know your exams are no longer by the corner,it is now in front of you.

Your WAEC exams is starting next week Tuesday,and Chemistry practicals is the first paper.
Do well to read hard.
Although,I know there this set is one of a kind,we do not want to feed your ego.
Overconfidence is sequel to ignorance and failure.
Remember.
Exam malpractice or any sort of bribery of supervisors will not be condoned.
Better hear it from me than hearing it from someone else." Mr Tee addressed peering at the SS3A students through glasses.
Before walking out of the class.

The students scoffed,

"Make I hear say supervisor no go demand for money."Yemi sparked a conversation.

"No mind Mr Tee,my elder brother Rántí tell me say Id you no gree find money for supervisor,dem no go even allow you relax write wetin you know wether you carry expo or not.
Even if you breath, them go asked you why breath."Deola agreed.

"Exactly,you no fit shake or even yawn anyhow for hall as far as you no bribe them,even your palms go shake finish come dey sweat ."Chike added.

"Seriously,those supervisors are wicked human beings looking for students to frustrate,I just hope that,they will send good WAEC supervisor to us."Helen chipped

"Guys!!!!
Jamb results are finally out."Munir announced.

.
Tension filled the heart of the students.
Jamb results are finally out.

Ifeoma scored 283.
Ella scored 306
Judith;326
Elo;295, Biology brought him down.

Kaycee;278
Femi;298
Yinka:300

And now they are faced with the almighty WAEC.

And now the story is nearing it's end.
Just few Chapters left.
I'm thinking five chapters more.

This book just reached 2k reads.

That calls for celebration guys.

So, talking about this chapter,Exam malpractice has eaten deep in to our educational system.

Jamb which seemed
to be transparent,is no longer transparent as it used to be.

I had a first hand experience during my WAEC and NECO exams.
The supervisor will ask for list of those who did not contribute money to give to him.
And later frighten the heck out of them.
He/she won't allow that person to relax and write his exams.

One of the male supervisor, was groping his thingy on all the females including me as we all were standing doing our biology practical.
Ewwww.
And we could basically do nothing because we didn't want to spend another year in secondary school.
Seriously,how do we curb this menace to its barest minimum?

Share your thoughts..

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Biko, because it's not easy.

Well, there's another story I'm working on.
CUTE BUT PSYCHO.
JUST CHECKIT OUT.
YOU WON'T REGRET.

Your fave naija writer,

Nazaking 💋💋
Xoxoxo.

©©2023©©

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 2K 21
Siphosethu "She will leave today with you! and we will make sure they get married tomorrow" Me"But I am only 18" My Mother hugged me, she said all sh...
59.9K 12.4K 63
In the American culture, its referred to as high school. With the Britons, its called the secondary school or high school. In other places, its cal...
34.5K 4.7K 36
"Nimi, a frustrated church girl, encounters her biggest temptation yet when she lands herself in the arms of Lagos' most eligible bachelor..." Nimi i...
686K 23.3K 57
Have you ever had a crush on somebody you knew you never had a chance with? It sucks right, try crushing on the same boy since the 8th grade. When s...