𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒, marcus...

By -JUDESZN

Marcus Rashford x fem oc ❝surely, he isn't the one I need.❞ ❝but I need YOU, nova❞ A jo... More

CAST
001||Earned it
002||View
003||Shook
004||Request
005||Trance
006||Apology
007||Busy
008||Stupid
009||Relax
011||Deep
012||Leave
013||Attitude
014||Gone
015||Drunk in love
016||Thunder
017||Caught
018||Connection
019||Settled
020||Long day
021||Scent
022||Chance
023||Fooled
024||Flowers
025||Shopping
026||Surprise
027||Promise ring
028||Tension
029||Past
030||Distraught
031||Content
032||Outskirts
033||Home

010|| Broken secret

446 9 0
By -JUDESZN

Chapter 010

THAT GUY WHO PLAYS FOR MANCHESTER CITY?

|NOVA|

IN SEVEN HOURS, Marcus would arrive at my house and meet my family. I wasn't very concerned about telling them about him, as I'd noticed that they've let up on me for the past week.

I figured that the worst thing that might happen was my mum scolding me, but that wasn't enough to scare me off that easily.

 I had been a little too confident for my own good, which was making me nervous about what might happen once I was faced with my mother. She had that resting face that was almost impossible to read, like I would have no way to tell how she was feeling.

I'd checked my socials to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything, and gotten myself ready for the day.

My go-to outfit consisted of a simple black top and jeans. Not only were they my favorite because of the comfort it provided.

It had taken me a long thought to settle with this outfit because a part of me wanted to wear  my "borrowed" Marcus' hoodie to make myself connected to him as it carried his scent.

I made sure to style my hair, deciding to let my bangs fall freely in front of my eyes as I felt it would give me a more natural look. As I finished up my makeup, wanting to atleast look good.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

INSTAGRAM

NOVA.ELLIOT1 

●○

○●

liked by ZAIN_E, M.RASHFORD and 28,083 others.

@NOVA.ELLIOT1 💁‍♀️🙋‍♀️

COMMENTS:

ZAIN_E: oo, all dressed up for whoo?

NOVA.ELLIOT1: shh.

user38: she's so fine

amaya.greicy: 😍😍

NOVA.ELLIOT1: 😁☺

user83: lip combo 😖

user2: rashford better be ready for next season 😤

user28: r u tapped, why r u oab him in her comment section??

user2: bc he likes her posts

user28: and?? leave her alone tff

user21: I shipp #marva #norcus #mova

user76: HELPP THESE R SO BADD 🤣

user4: mf needs to stop liking models pics

load more comments...

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

I WALKED INTO the living room when I was struck by a sudden silence. It was a weird contrast after hearing my brothers' arguments and insults all day, yesterday. It seemed almost unnatural to me, as I could hear birds chirping outside the window.

My mother, who was positioned on the couch, reading some article on Facebook, too busy to look up to me.

"hi mum, what are you doing?" I went to her side and sat down beside her, glancing over at her phone.

Most mother's wouldn't bother to see what their kid was doing, even when they'd tried getting their attention. "mammaaaa, helllooo?" I repeated with exaggerated words, clearly getting impatient at my mother for her lack of attention.

"você não vê que estou fazendo alguma coisa?" she scolded. (Can't you see im doing something?)

"ma, i gotta tell you something" I smiled awkwardly, knowing it was most likely going to be a bad reaction from her.

"que? What did you do now?" She was quick to assume the worst.

"no ma, its just that I... I invited a boy over at 3" I quickly blurted out, hoping she didn't blow up on me.

" WHAT? oh my gosh. how dare you-" this isn't going well.

"ma, it's fine ill cancel-" before i could finish, she cut me off.

"how dare you not tell me sooner this house is a mess!" I huffed as she complained about the state of the house.

There was barely any mess and it was the cleanest the house had been in months, even if she refused to believe it.

"wait, he can come over?" I questioned, surprised "not liam, its someone else." I added, making sure she understood the situation.

"wait, he can come over? not liam, its someone else." It was as if my mother couldn't handle the truth, having some new boy in her home was definitely unheard of. She knew it couldn't be Liam because he was always welcome in out house.

There was also this boy next door who I frequently chatted with since our mothers were best friends. He was a younger guy who was the sweetest soul I knew. Being an exchange student from Spain, I tried my best to teach him English, especially slang words.

"yeah, sure. just make sure this house is clean" She finally agreed to let him come over, making only one condition for me to fulfill.

"who is he? what university does he go to?" she questioned, clearly hoping I'd found someone with a future to her desire.

It was ridiculous honestly, she cared more about his studies than his character.

"he's actually got a job, he's a footballer" I corrected her, hoping that would be enough for her. But no, she still needed to hear about his job.

"not hobby, job" she repeated.

"footballer, professional footballer" I huffed, noticing she'd take longer to understand what he does for a living.

Her eyebrows furrowed at me, seeming very confused.

"mum, he's a professional footballer! marcus rashford? you know, the british professional football player who is also an England international?"

"yeah, yeah. I get it" she shrugged me off. "that guy who plays for manchester city?" she seemed proud of herself for knowing a team.

"no, Manchester United, here let me show you him." I turned on my phone and search up 'Marcus Rashford' on Pinterest because it had the best pictures of him, and I had to make a good impression.

I also wouldn't want my mom to say the wrong team in front of him because she clearly wouldn't bother to remember which one it was.

I turned my phone towards her, watching her analyze Marcus's photos. My eyes watched her face, hoping for a positive reaction.

The nod that she gave me was far better than I'd expected, and I was relieved to see that she hadn't said anything negative yet. She seemed to appreciate his natural good looks.

"By the way, he's 20, has two siblings, and his parents are separated" I continued to give her information about Marcus, as if she needed more justification on letting him visit. "Oh, yeah he's a MANCHESTER UNITED player, not a CITY player" I reminded her as I left the room, going to talk to Kai about the visit.

 I was getting more nervous as I was getting near to Kai's room. I had a bad feeling that maybe he wouldn't approve. I was debating whether I should knock on his door or tell him later, until his door blasted open and made me jump.

"uh, hey, Kai. Um... good sleep?" I asked, trying to keep calm and composed, but my nervousness and fear were getting the better of me.

"what do you want?" Kai was already rushing past me, moving towards the bathroom door.

"uh, okay. basically a boy is coming over," I quickly answered, but I'm not sure he even Understood the words I was saying.

"relax, all i heard is 'boy' " Kai wasn't even trying to hide his annoyance, he had no patience for anyone else.

Even when I repeated myself, slowing down my words, it seemed like he wasn't paying attention at all.

"yo one sec" he dismissed me once again, and walked into the toilet, locking the door behind him. I went into his room and sat on the edge of his bed, waiting for him to respond. It felt like forever as I imagined all the negative things he could possibly say.

The smell of his mouthwash filled the room as he came out of the bathroom, making me wince. I didn't understand how people could use mouthwash before eating either, as the taste was bound to linger on your tongue for a while. It wasn't exactly the most pleasant feeling.

"I was saying I invited a boy over at 3pm" I repeated my statements, hoping he had understood.

My words were approved of by his silent thumb up. He didn't pay attention to me any longer, instead searching to put his sliders on.

"hold up, Marcus? FINALLY, oh my God. I've gotta meet him, yeah? autograph n dat" This was not the response I was ever expecting.

"ummm how'd you know?" I wondered back, trying to remember if I'd accidentally slipped it out to him.

"oh, i kinda overheard zain boasting to his friends, constantly on call about having some signed shirt by Marcus Rashford, and i asked him about it, and he told me." He knew everything already, thanks to zain's loose lips.

I'd hoped it'd take more than just one day for the news to spread, but zain was such a chatterbox.

He had no sense of decency, and would instantly tell everyone when he knew something important

"alright, so he's calm to come over?" I was beaming with joy, it was as if some great weight had just been lifted off of my shoulders.

"yeah, sure" was a very unexpected answer. Kai was typically very strict and not very accommodating.

I couldn't contain my happiness, and jumped up and down, tightly hugging Kai as I thanked him continuously.

It was a rare occasion for him too say yes, and I could not understand the reason why he seemed more laid back today.

𝐀UTHORS NOTE: 

okay, enough with the filler chapters for now, u lot probably got so bored 😂

(remember, do not be a silent reader and interact with all my chapters, thank you ☺)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.9K 2.4K 31
"𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮" "𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨" (a trent alexander-arnold fic) © mufcbae - started 29/06/23 ...
144K 5K 37
𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 ──── ❝please don't be in love with someone else! please don't have somebody waiting on you!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 they must learn...
970K 10.9K 144
a social media based fanfic <3 started writing- 24.02.22 finished writing- 04.05.22
21.1K 562 26
❝ 𝐜'𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐚 𝐯𝐢𝐞 𝐉𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐧, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 ❞ | where two lovers find each other through a book in a manchester library... ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎...