Met Her Through The Media

Por SapphireeVixenn

Nadalia Saint An ambitious, outgoing, persuading and level-heded girl attending her first years of universit... Más

Meet Nadalia
Meet Dakota
*Authors Note*
~Prologue~
❦Night before
❦ Small world
❦Why are you laughing
❦Dads will be dads
❦Spark one up for friends
❦ Fox Chapter For The Books
❦That was unexpected
❦Long Saturday
❦Stomach of..Frogs?
❦No time for denial
❦Niylah the Hair-apist
❦So much going on
❦It was needed
❦She knows
❦Truth or Drink
❦Held Convos
❦What will this mean?
❦Just admit it
❦Pretty girls mope too
❦Bestie Time
❦Satisfaction brought it back
❦Kickback not so kick-backed?
❦One thing to another
❦Problem Solved
❦Not a Date
❦Miss Scorpio
❦Miss Taurus
❦Avoidance
❦Standing on what?
❦In the Midst
❦Actions have Consequences
❦What a feeling

❦You like Ambré?

576 23 11
Por SapphireeVixenn

D.M
September 27th

I was in the middle of a good ass dream about me being at a showcasing for my art in Downtown until I heard my alarm's pestering sound making me wake it almost immediately.

I have got to change that shit

Removing my limbs from out my bed and placing them on the ground, I grabbed my phone to unplug it and stop the alarm. I also changed the default radar sound to twinkle. All the options sounded like shit but that one was better than the ptsd triggering one.

I then carried my body to the bathroom and over to the sink to brush and wash and my face before I entered the shower. The water felt so good that I could've almost went back to sleep to be honest, but I turned the water and got out before I had the urge to say fuck classes today and go back to sleep. 

With my towel around my body I went to my closet skimming over my clothes, pondering on what I should wear today. Three minutes later I eventually settled on my Vintage Starter Notre Dame Pullover I got from Poshmark a few months back, pairing it with some MARPAT Desert Digital Camo Trouser Pants I found at this thrift store and then some desert sand Yeezy foam runners. Instead of wearing my usual Nike backpack I decided to wear a plain beige tote, resulting in taking my belongings from my backpack and placing it in the new bag.

Looking in the mirror appreciating my outfit, I put on my gold name chain, my shorter figaro chain and lastly my rope chain that carried a money tree pendant. I put on my three rings and lastly two jade bangles on my left wrist and my Amazon ass Van Cleef bracelet on my right.

I got money but I don't got that typa money, not yet at least.

I walked over to my dresser and sprayed my Spring Flowers Creed perfume and brushed my curls into a low ponytail. I went back to my bed grabbing up my phone and AirPods, I was about to leave the room until I passed my body length mirror again and decided to take a few pictures real quick.

The fit too good, my instagram story gotta see it.

Finally leaving my room I went to my fridge grabbing a water bottle and a granola bar that was in the box on my counter. I locked up the crib and got in my car connecting to Bluetooth and making my way to campus.

It was a bit of traffic but that's cause I left the house late, like usual but as soon as I got to campus I noticed I had five minutes until my first class so in the meantime I decided to check my messages and social media. I had a message from my father saying how he wanted to take me to a car show to which I rolled my eyes at, he only ever wanna do shit with me when he feel like he messing up with my mom and he thinks that if he do something for me or with me then he has someone on his "side". I don't know how else to put it but the shit is weird, I also had a message from Kendra asking me if I wanted to go to the beach this weekend and to invite Indiah and Nadalia.

She saying invite Indiah before saying Tiana?

I slightly shook my head at the thought thinking that she probably just assumed Tiana would be there cause she my best friend. I sent her a message reading "I'll see" before I went over to Instagram seeing some dms on my business page, I decided to check them later when my mind is more cleared. Seeing I had two minutes left I went over to my main account dms seeing one from Nadalia which was sent last night.

@ _yesimdolly: in return to your picture😁

A slight smirk came upon my lips as the thought to make a comment that would mess with her crossed my mind.

               @ kota2raw: or did you just want me to see you

My eyes glanced to the top of my phone screen seeing as my time was up so I turned my car off and grabbed my tote before I left my baby and made my way.

                                       <33
"Hey Dakota, I don't know if you saw my message but I figured that I would see you in person anyways so I was just asking if you think you can customize these jeans for me," Sierra asked me in a hushed tone after our professor left us to finish our assigned reading of E.H. Gombrich, The Story of Art.

"Oh yeah my bad. I was gonna get back to that later, what typa jeans and what you want done to em?" I lowered my voice as I asked the ginger haired girl.

Without saying anything she pulled her phone out and went to her photos, "these are the jeans, and this is the inspo but I want the chrome hearts blue and black," I nodded my head at the request.

"Fasho if you ain't send me those pictures yet send em and then let me know when you wanna drop the pants off and I got you for ninety," she nodded her head in response before going back to do something on her device.

Now that Sierra pulled me out of my 'reading to learn' mode I closed my book and went on my own device. I went back to instagram seeing my story from earlier was getting lots of attention which I enjoyed of course, I need to start posting more though. Sliding over to my dms my eyes skimmed passed everyone else's messages and went to Nadalia's seeing as I had two from her, I quickly opened up our thread to read them.

@ _yesimdolly: you wish, you wanted to be seen.
@ _yesimdolly: me and Diah getting lunch after second want to come.

@ kota2raw: it's okay if you did girl I see you and how did I want to be seen🤔
@ kota2raw: yea I'm down

I was going to exit Instagram and scroll through Twitter, thinking that it would take Dalia some time to reply but I was wrong because as soon as I was about to exit our thread she read my shit.

@ _yesimdolly: stop, and because you could've just showed your hair you sent a full selfie that's how.

I had to stifle my laughter, not wanting to disturb the silence as I read the message.

She too funny.

@ kota2raw: 😭wym stop and I sent a selfie so you couldn't pull a "that's not you"

@ _yesimdolly: nothing, but okayy Kota see you next class!

I just liked the message and exited the app, she's so easy to mess with that it's entertaining.

"Why you smiling so hard?" Sierra whispered, making me pull my head from its position to face her, seeing that she was sporting a small smile of her own.

"Bye Sierra why yo nosey ass looking at me," I responded with a playful roll of the eyes.

"I was not looking at you, I was going to ask if you were going to this party and thats what i happened to have seen," she rolled her eyes in return.

I hummed at the response before giving one of my own, "probably not but what party?" parties cool and all, like I like them but I much prefer kickbacks.

She turned her body more towards me closing her book, "it's on Sunday called 'Black out or Black out'," I blew air from my lips soon as the name came from hers.

"Yeah nah I'm good on that, i don't even drink," I slightly laughed at just the thought of me at that bs.

She smacked her lips before turning back around, "lame," all I did was shrug my shoulders. I'm far from lame but it's cool.

"Okay everyone, I want you to read the next two chapters and write questions or thoughts for every two paragraphs that can be used for a discussion on Friday, dismissed," i grabbed my belongings and made my way out the room and onto the path to my next class, I usually walk into my classes a little after majority of people are in them but today I feel like being early I don't know.

                                       <33

It was forty minutes into the class and our professor's short lecture just consisted of him wanting us to partner up with someone and make a PowerPoint of a country that consisted of black royalty. The options were Nigeria, Present day Ghana, Egypt, Angola, Zulu Nation, and Ethiopia. Me and Nadalia decided to be partners and chose to do our project on Nigeria.

"Since you wanted me to come over today, did you want to start on our project?" Nadalia asked as she was writing something in her notes.

I smacked my lips getting ready to speak but she quickly cut me off as she turned to face me, "I mean that's if you still wanted me to come today if not when can just set up another day," a smile grew on my face after she was rambling, every word she spoke it grew bigger to the point that I probably look like the Cheshire Cat.

"Chill Dalia I wasn't gonna say that," I let out a small chuckle, turning my body towards her giving my full attention. She looked really pretty today. "You look good, where the fit from" instead of answering right away she turned her head for about two seconds before turning back.

"Well the max knit top from Dollskill and this a Britt skirt from this site called The Kript, their clothes is so cute but anyways the shoes are thigh high Rick Owens" the whole time she described her outfit I can tell how she was excited about doing so, it was cute. "Why you ask?" She tilted her head to the side slightly.

I shrugged my shoulders "it looked expensive, I was curious, but um yeah I almost forgot what I was gonna say," I paused in my sentence thinking about what I was saying not even too long ago.

Maybe I gotta stop smoking so much

"Oh yeah I wasn't smacking at the thought of you coming over, I smacked my lips because I asked you to come over to chill not do homework," I stated, leaning back more into my seat.

"Oh okay that's cool then, when did you want to start though," she started to slide her tongue against the back of her top teeth, the sound of her piercing clicking against the bones.

"It don't matter just let me know so I can schedule myself but did that hurt," I pointed to her mouth. She pointed to her own mouth smiling, "my smiley?" She asked, I shook my head "your snake eyes," I replied in confirmation.

"People always ask that but no. My dermals was my most painful piercing besides my industrial," she turned her head to point to her ear, I nodded my head at the given information but I was curious about the 'dermals' cause I didn't see no other piercings on her face that would be labeled as such. 

"Wait what dermals?" I asked to which she didn't say anything  to, she just turned in her seat with her back to me. I looked down and saw she had two little diamonds placed on her lower back, "oh shit those hard, yeah those had to hurt."

She turned back around facing me and shrugged her left shoulder up, "do you have any piercings?" She questioned.

"Girl I know you see these two nose piercings," the right corner of my lip slowly tugged up. Her gaze left my face as she faced down at the ground in front of her.

"I meant other than those," once the statement left her mouth she turned her attention back onto me. 

"Yeah I got my bellybutton pierced," she nodded her head at the information but before she could say anything else our professor spoke again.

"Alright guys I want those projects next Tuesday, don't forget they need to be fifteen to twenty slides, y'all can go," he pointed to the door. Me and Nadalia raised from our seats gathering our belongings before we made our way out of the class.

"So is we going to the cafe or picking up food?" I asked, she told me the cafe to which I nodded as we made our way there to meet Indiah.

When we arrived and took our seats after gathering our food we began to make small conversation. Indiah was the main one carrying it out as she was telling us about the attack and Field championships and who won and whatnot, Nadalia talked about how she has a few sent things to her to promo. I didn't really have much to say after I spoke about the pieces I had to customize, but whenever they said something I related to or could speak on I did. When time quickly passed, Indiah walked to her next class as me and Nadalia walked to the student parking to go to our designated vehicles.

"Alright Dalia this me right here, imma send you my address right now and you can slide through around five. That's cool?"

"Yeah it should be, drive safe," she sent a small wave to me as she watched me unlock my car, "drive safe Nadalia," she quickly nodded as I entered my vehicle and backed up, seeing her finally continue her walk to her car.

                                        <33

N.S

I was about seven minutes away from Dakota's place and I was starting to feel a little anxious, even the music playing through my Bluetooth wasn't enough to calm me. In fact, I barely even heard it playing over the overthinking my brain was currently doing.

When I got home I posted the pictures to promote this girl's loungewear. They kind of resemble skims but they were very cute and comfortable so therefore I stayed in them, it's also in my favorite color purple but a deeper shade, I'd say it was a plum shade.

The sound of Siri telling me to turn right pulled me out my thoughts as I looked towards to screen and noticed that I was a minute away and knowing that made my heart beat a little fast again, I really hate how nervous I start to get when shit surrounds Dakota and I feel like a major part of it is due to me and this newfound overthinking that i suddenly possessed recently. It also frustrated me because I don't even know the exact moment that Dakota 'sparked' this flame in me so now my once 'always sure of everything including myself' attitude is starting to crumble.

So caught up in my head I didn't notice I was inside of Dakota's apartment complex until Siri announced that I arrived at my destination. As soon as I noticed I slowed my car down as I drove towards the parking spaces in the back like Dakota told me to, she said it's closer to her apartment. As soon as I found a place to park I turned my car off and pulled my phone from the cup holder to text Dakota that I was here to which she liked my message and told me she was coming out. While I waited I closed my eyes and took this time to collect my thoughts and calm my nerves.

It's just Dakota, it's just a hangout, she's just your friend, there's literally no reason for you to be acting like you're about to be  performing at a middle school talent show.

I guess I had my eyes closed for too long because a knock on the window was heard causing me to almost jump out of my seat and out through the roof!

"Girl what the hell you doing in here, cmon!" Dakota laughed, her voice slightly muffled behind the glass of the window.

That's so fucking embarrassing

I rushed to remove my seatbelt and get my phone and crossbody purse and exited my vehicle, "sorry," I muttered as I avoided her eyes, locking my car behind me.

"It's good but what was you doing, you alright?" She questioned which made me bring my eyesight to her face seeing a small smirk playing on her lips.

She better not say something slick

"I don't know. Enjoying the peace," I answered lowly.

She started walking, making me follow behind her as she started speaking again, "are you tryna say I'm not peaceful Dalia?" I could hear the smile in her voice.

I rolled my eyes at her playfulness.

"I'll let you think what you want," we made it to her door and she opened it, letting me walk in first.

"Ou don't say that now," I turned to face her seeing a look of mischief adorn her face.

I don't even want to play into that

I just slightly shook my head in response as my eyes scanned through the apartment. It was really cute and homey, also really clean. As I walked in more I noticed a small shoe rack a little farther from the door, at that I took the notion to remove my slide in respect.

"I was finna order some Wendy's. Did you want something?" Dakota asked me as she led the way down a hall and to a door on the right side of it.

"Um, just a medium fry and frosty, thank you." She nodded her head as she opened her door, revealing her room to the both of us but more so me.

When we stepped in, I let my eyes roam everywhere taking in the decorations and the nice spacious area. Her room most definitely matched her vibe, which I would say is chill and comforting with a bit of boldness.

"Your room is nice, it really gives you," i complimented as I walked closer to her bed still standing as she went to it and crawled up to the headboard.

"Ight now Nadalia I know you not bout to just stand there this whole time," she stated making me slowly sit at the end of the bed. I heard her loudly laugh making me turn to face her, "now you far away as fuck, come up here I'm not gonna bite you," she stated.

I stayed in my position for a few seconds calming my nerves as I hesitantly crawled up to where she was, sitting next to her.

"See not so hard huh, but thank you," she spoke as well as acknowledging my previous compliment.

"Shutup Kota," I muttered facing away from her as another string of laughter was released from her, "ight Dalia, it's good if I smoke this?" she went to grab her tray and other items that sat on the nightstand beside her, placing it in her lap as she looked at me.

"I mean this is your home and you already collected the things so I don't really think you needed to ask me."

"Damn Dalia a nigga can't have no manners?" she smiled while she began to pack a joint, "I didn't say that I'm just saying that I have no say," I simply shrugged my shoulders.

"You did, that's why I asked Dalia," she said as she faced me again.

"Please Dakota. You asked me as you already had picked up everything you needed and placed it on your lap," I began laughing to which she did too.

"I know. I was just fucking with you, you was sitting over there looking tense just chill," she told me.

I didn't even know she could tell how nervous I was, I thought I was hiding it better. I guess it was good that she was 'fucking with me' because it did in fact make me feel more comfortable.

"Okay anyways, put some music on," I said to which she picked up her phone and connected to her sound bar that sat  on a wall mount in front of us. Not too long after the intro started to flow through and I quickly recognized the song being What you deserve with one of the artists on the track being my favorite singer Ambré.

"Omg you listen to Ambré!" I asked, getting excited.

"Hell yeah she one of my favorites," she said as she sparked to joint, pulling it to her lips.

"Shut the fuck up, she's mine too!" I stated as I looked over to her, "damn why I gotta shut the fuck up," she laughed.

"But nah for real?" She asked to which I nodded to quickly, "oh shit look at us sharing a favorite," she smiled at me after her response.

Her smile is so pretty, no wonder why she always smiling. She knows it's a pretty smile.

I tightly closed my eyes for a millisecond to remove the thought, "what's your favorite song?" I asked as I slid my snake eyes against the back of my top teeth. She inhaled the smoke and exhaled slowly before she answered, "that's a hard question to be honest with you, do you got a favorite?" She asked as she stared into what felt like my damn soul while she inhaled more of the smoke. I looked away and down to my acrylics, "uh no I have like five," I let out a laugh to clear myself from any awkwardness I could possibly be alluding.

It was silent for about two seconds before Dakota decided to speak up, "you do that a lot, why" she said, making me turn to face her, confusion painting my face, "do what?" I asked as I felt my brows furrow.

She ashed her joint a bit before looking back at me to answer, "you turn away from me a lot."

Damn how observant is this girl!

I brung my tongue to the back of my top teeth to slide my piercing against them once again, "I don't know, I don't notice I do it," which was a damn lie but I wouldn't dare admit exactly why.

"Ight now we not finna do this 'I don't know' shit again," she chuckled before ghosting the smoke of the joint.

"I will say 'I don't know' as long as you say 'ight now'," I said in rebuttal, gaining back my normal attitude.

She started laughing and coughing on the smoke of her joint passing it to me, I don't know why she was but I took it anyway as she kept laughing and choking which made me start laughing anyway— even though I didn't know what I said that was so funny.

"Oh fuck that was funny, not you tryna get on me like that," she said while she patted her chest "it was only fair," I shrugged playfully.

"I guess Dalia, you gonna hit it though?" she pointed to the wrapped substance, my last experience wasn't bad but I was drunk as well and I wanted to try it again just to feel a normal high— not that crossed shit so I brought the joint to my lips taking in a small inhale, exhaling it a second later and reaching my hand out to Kota to take it back.

"That little ass puff Nadalia," she said, disbelief wrapped in her tone to which I sucked my teeth at before I brought it back up to my lips— taking three more puffs before finally handing it back to her.

She finished off the joint before placing it on her tray and reaching for her phone, "the dasher should be her in ten, did you want some water?" she said as she was making her way off the bed, "yeah thanks."

She left the room and once she did I pulled out my phone and went to the camera app to take a selfie and sent it to my best friend letting her know I'm alive and good, but not even a minute later she responded.

Pi bon zanmi 🤞🏾
Bitch are you faded???

I scrunched my eyebrows up at the text before I clicked on the picture and zoomed in onto my eyes seeing that they were glazed over and kind of low.

Wtf I only took four puffs not even four minutes ago!!

No I just hit it four times

Pi bon zanmi🤞🏾
Fucking lightweight 😭, have fun Dollyyy

Whatever Diah!

I locked my phone as Dakota came back into the room passing me a water and a fruit snack "you good?" she asked that I answered in the nod of my head, as she got back in the bed and grabbed her remote opening Hulu I took this time to look at her, she was in a a red pair of Nike fleece sportswear shorts and a white cropped tank top that displayed the belly piercing she told me about earlier, I also could peep a tattoo underneath the two articles of clothing also her sleeve and half back tat was way more visible, "how many tattoos do you have?" I asked, my curiosity winning the battle of my silence.

She clicked on a movie before facing me, "uhh I got my hand and fingers tatted," she raised her hand showing me but I already been seen that, "I got a tattoo on my chest," she raised her shirt up a little more revealing the rest of the part of the art I had already got a glimpse of, but as she raised her shirt I felt myself getting a little warm and my heart raced.

Calm down bitch she's not taking her shirt off.

"That's really pretty," I complimented, it was a moon on a cloud with stars surrounded.

"Thank you, I also got coi fishes on my right hip with a gun on my life and a saying on my bikini line, there's a small dragon on my lower stomach," she turned on her side to show me it, it was placed on the left side across from her belly piercing, "and then obviously my sleeve and half my back," she pointed.

"Wow, that's a lot but they're really nice. I like them," I told her, "I appreciate it and yeah it took a long time and a lot of money." She laughed at her own response.

"Do you have any tattoos?" she questioned me. 

"No I just have my piercings, I'm scared to get a tattoo but Jada told me she'd do one for me whenever I wanted it."

She nodded her head, "why you scared? But if you were to get one what would your first one be." 

I thought about it for a second before I answered, "I'm scared because I know it's going to hurt but my first tattoo would be a scorpion on my forearm solely because I'm a Scorpio and I feel it'd be small and good enough for a first tattoo," I explained.

"Whens your birthday Miss Scorpio?" Dakota asked as she turned to the tv to start the movie before facing me again, "November nineteen, how about you?"

"Im a Taurus an a April twenty-second one to be exact," she told me but she had a smirk on her lips and I didn't know why but before I could question it her phone rang.

"You here? Alright I'm coming right now," she ended the call before getting up from the bed "food here I'll be right back," she stated as she pulled a hoodie over her body and exited out the room.

As I was in the room by myself I was still wondering why she made that expression and I was gonna ask as soon as she came back in.

Not too long after her presence was revealed as she put the bags on her bed and sat back down in her spot, "this one's yours, I know you only asked for fries and a frosty but I added a spicy chicken sandwich," she made known while she passed my bag and frosty.

I'm glad she did because I was hungry as hell and I knew it was due to the weed I smoked earlier. "Thank you also, I have a question," she took out her fries and played back the movie that I didn't even know the name of "what's up?" she questioned giving me her attention.

Do she look at everyone so intensely when they speak??

"When you said your sign you made a face, why?" she smiled a little before she answered "I'm into astrology," she still stared at me with that small smile but I wasn't getting it.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, she looked back the the tv and ate a fry.

"We compatible," she said with a plain shrug.

UM WHAT DO SHE MEAN BY THAT !?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I enjoyed writing this chapter, i HAD to stop myself

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2.8M 72.1K 76
Avery is back in her hometown, after she moved away to LA with her mom. After her parents divorced her mom thought it would the best if they get away...
257K 8.5K 16
Two girls, two different walks of life, one love story. Dakota Springson was a princess. Not an actual princess, but you know the type. Rich parents...
327K 11.1K 36
(TeacherxStudent)"I wouldn't have kissed you if I didn't find you attractive." "But you said you only were with him because he begged you and if he...
702K 9.7K 87
Hey friends! As part of the LGBTQAP + community, I made this book. Everyone loves the MHA/BNHA girls. I intend this for FEMALE readers. Homophobic c...