A Hybrid's Hunger

By authormiakerr

I'm a monster, but in her arms, I'm a man... Aurora doesn't know what the future holds except for the fact th... More

Blurb
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 3

11K 355 28
By authormiakerr

Chapter 3

"On our wedding night. It will be a small ceremony, quick and you can get the vampire blood after the consummation."

My body is filled with disgust and guilt as I slip on the strappy bra and the lacy underwear. As I stare at my reflection, I see the horror I'm soon going to walk into and there's going to be no escape from that. My hands run over my body and I try not to cry even when tears are at the corner of my eyes.

How can I marry someone who isn't my mate? How can I?

My lungs burn as I take a quick breath and turn away from the mirror. I can't see myself anymore.

My quivering hands reach for the shirt and I slip it on before grabbing the pants and wearing them. Once I'm covered, I feel better about myself, but I still can't escape from the thoughts running through my mind.

What am I doing? Marrying Alpha Gabriel? He was twice my age, older than everyone I knew and I always saw him as an elder man who took care of the pack. How could I marry him?

"Aurora," Mama says from the room next to mine. I quickly throw my curled hair up into a ponytail and step outside to attend to her. "What have you been doing in the shower for the past twenty minutes?" She asks and curiosity fills her eyes as she finds me dressed.

"Nothing, Mama. Just taking a longer shower."

"Come here," she pats the empty space on the bed beside her and I sit down. "Are you going into heat?"

"I don't know." I shrug and try to shift my thoughts away from marrying Alpha Gabriel—tonight.

"The full moon's approaching. You must be going into heat," She wraps her hand around mine and chokes out. Even when she can barely talk, she still does and she helps me in everything she possibly can. "It's alright, there's nothing to be scared of, baby. Heat comes and goes, and sometimes, female wolves make mistakes during heat, which is alright. Don't be scared of something so natural. Once you find your mate, and you're marked, everything will be perfect and you won't go into heat anymore."

"What if I can't find my mate?" I ask her while chewing my inner cheek.

"You will," She says with a reassuring smile. "Your mate is out there somewhere, waiting for you. And when you find each other, everything will fall into place. He'll love like you've never been loved and he'll take care of you. Don't worry, my sweet girl."

I nod, but deep down, I know it's never happening, not when I'm going to be taken by another man.

Dread fills my heart and I began to panic.

"Mama," My both arms wrap around her. "I love you and you're going to get better soon."

"Don't worry about me. I've lived my entire life in peace and happiness. It's about you I'm concerned and I know once you find your mate, I'll be in peace." She replies while placing her hand on the side of my face.

I lower my head and she presses a kiss on my cheek.

My tears remain in the corner of my eyes, threatening to spill out as I realize what I'm about to do tonight. Marry the alpha. I haven't told my mother, not yet, not until the ceremony's over and once she's healed by the vampire blood.

I don't know what she's going to think of me, but I hope she can forgive me for what I'm about to do behind her back.

I can't lose her—she's the only family I have.

Feeling defeated, I part myself from her and stand up. "I'm going to go with Liora for a bit. We are heading to the market together. Do you want me to get something back? It will only be an hour or two." My throat begins to close as I lie to her.

I have never lied before, but the circumstances are different. She's on her death bed and I'm going to the pack house to get married to the alpha that's even older than her.

"Just some meat." She smiles and leans her head against the headboard.

I laugh a little while shaking my head. Some things aren't going to change. Before leaving the room, I pick up the bloody tissue papers from the side of the table and toss them into the bin. She hasn't stopped losing blood since she has been attacked by the vampire.

The bite's killing her.

I've to get the blood tonight and give it to her. I can't see her in misery and pain for another day, especially when I don't have to.

There's no option but to marry Alpha Gabriel.

I wave at her and she waves back. Stepping out of the house, I slip into my car and drive it to the pack house. It takes me twenty minutes and in those minutes, I think of slamming my car into another and delaying the wedding for as long as I can, but it also means quickening my mother's death.

What if she doesn't wake up tomorrow? I can't even think of it.

Once I reach the pack house, two female omegas take me into a room where they change me and slip on the white wedding dress that Alpha Gabriel has chosen for me. My curly hair falls over my shoulder, perfectly, but there's nothing fascinating about tonight.

I'm about to marry someone I don't even want to, someone I've seen as an elder, someone who's not my mate.

My heart breaks a little more and the pain becomes unbearable.

"After the ceremony, the alpha will expect you in his bedroom. The night will go on for long so he has requested for you to drink a little." One of the female omegas says as she pours a drink for me.

I shake my head, "I can't—I've to see my mother after it."

"I'm afraid that won't be possible." She picks up the drink and brings it to me.

I don't take it. I have to see my mother and give her the vampire blood before the night can end. I can't spend the entire night with the alpha.

My breaths race, "Can you please call the alpha?" I ask her.

She nods and sets the drink on the side before heading out of the room. My feet become sore as I continue to stand on four-inch heels, something I've never worn before. When I look at my reflection, I see a bride whose face is filled with fear of what's coming after the wedding.

I don't know anything about werewolf consummation, or the night I'm going to spend with Alpha Gabriel. My body quivers as I think of it—of the terrible things he's going to do to me and I've to do to him.

No.

My heart breaks even more and a few tears fall over my cheeks. I quickly wipe them away as I hear the door opening and Alpha Gabriel walking inside.

He's wearing a tuxedo, but it doesn't make him look better. He reaches closer and his lustful eyes rush over my body. They turn red for a split second before back to black. My heart accelerates as I see the hunger within them.

"You look beautiful," He grins, wickedly and I see the lust he has for me. "Is there something you wanted?"

"I need the vampire blood for my mother. She's not getting any better and I can't wait for another day. After the night, I've to go back to her—"

"You're going to do as I want you to, Aurora. You'll be spending the night with me. You can go give the blood the next morning." His hands circle around my hips and he pulls me closer.

I barely can stand on my feet and with his hands around me, I don't think so I can anymore. My knees weaken. Fear rushes within my body and stiffens every muscle and bone.

"Please," I beg. "I've to give her."

"No," He remains stern in his answer. His jaw tightens as he finds me struggling in his hold. I try to slip out of it, but he grabs me harder. "You'll do as I say so." The tone of his voice changes, becoming rough and throaty.

"I can't—"

His hand raises from my hip before his palm strikes my face. I gasp and nearly fall back onto the ground in shock. Every fiber in my body trembles as my hand rushes to my face, soothing my cheek. The pain comes quickly, it's like a hundred pins and needles have entered my skin—it's unexplainable, but far worse is what my body goes through as he hits me.

"You'll do as I say, Aurora. If I say you to bark, you're going to bark. Don't try to convince me again. I'll have you for the night as I want to and once the sun rises, you can give your dying mother the vampire blood I've in possession." He snaps at me before heading out of the room.

Once he leaves, I fall onto my knees and scramble over the ground. Tears spill from my eyes and drip over the white dress I'm wearing. Sobs rise in my throat as I continue to cup my face.

What am I doing to myself?

Read up to chapter 50 on Patreon or Inkitt. www.patreon.com/miakerr www.inkitt.com/miakerr

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.9K 3.2K 52
"I don't care that you're my mate. I will never... and I repeat, I will never be yours, Hunter." she grits her teeth, making Hunter smirk. "Is that a...
1.1K 19 43
This book is finished and edited. Questions that arise in this book might not get answers until book two or three. "What the hell do you think you're...
116K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
4.3K 73 26
Aurora Daniels was quiet. She never made eye contact with anyone. Never spoke to anything. She was too afraid of what would happen if she did. Growi...