JUMP STREET'S JUNE BRIDE???

By Cowboy0928

I am just a big fan of the tv show. I don't own any rights to it. This is a story about two police officers... More

CHAPTER 1: SYDNEY'S BAD NIGHT
CHAPTER 2: TOM HANSON
CHAPTER 3: BAD FIRST IMPRESSIONS
CHAPTER 4: THE MORNING AFTER
CHAPTER 5: HEARTFELT APOLOGY
CHAPTER 6: GIRL TALK
CHAPTER 7: MATCHMAKER JUDY AND TRUCE
CHAPTER 8: TOM IS F***ED
CHAPTER 9: HOW CAN I FIX THIS
CHAPTER 10: FRIENDS?
CHAPTER 11: YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO DO ME A FAVOR WOULD YOU?
CHAPTER 12: ALL NIGHT STAKE OUT
CHAPTER 13: BAD DAY
CHAPTER 14: OFFERING COMFORT
CHAPTER 15: YOU GOT A DATE
CHAPTER: 16 COUNT ON ME
CHAPTER 17: REVENGE
CHAPTER 18: PRE WEDDING-BLUES
CHAPTER 19: WEDDING ARRIVAL
CHAPTER 20: WEDDING BOMBSHELL
CHAPTER 21: WE'RE ENGAGED
CHAPTER 22: DARK DAY AND FLASHBACKS
CHAPTER 23: THREATS AND TORTURE
CHAPTER 24: WE ARE NOT ENGAGED
CHAPTER 25: IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR
CHAPTER 26: TOM'S BEGGING
CHAPTER 27: JEALOUSY
CHAPTER 28: MEETING THE FAMILY
CHAPTER 29: PARTY CRASHERS
CHAPTER 30: RETALIATION
CHAPTER 31: TOM'S FEELS THE HEAT
CHAPTER 32: DIAMONDS AND DREAMS
CHAPTER 33: SWIM PARTY FOR TWO
CHAPTER 34: TEASING AND EMBARRASSING STORIES
CHAPTER 35: FIREWORKS GOOD AND BAD
CHAPTER 36: FACING THE DAMAGE DONE
CHAPTER 37: BABIES AND DREAMS
CHAPTER 38: BULLIES AND THE BOXER
CHAPTER 39: THE BAD BOY AND THE KNIFE
CHAPTER 40: DOUBLE DATES
CHAPTER 41: FIRE STARTER AND CLOSE CALLS
CHAPTER 42: PROM AND HERO IN A TUX
CHAPTER 43: THE WAITING GAME
CHAPTER 44: A HERO'S REWARD
CHAPTER 45: SURPRISES
CHAPTER 46: WEDDING DRESS DISASTER
CHAPTER 47: TOM'S CHOICE
CHAPTER 48: ROB'S REVENGE
CHAPTER 49: BLINDSIDED
CHAPTER 50: WHAT DID YOU DO?
CHAPTER 52: WEDDING EVE
CHAPTER 53: WEDDING DAY
CHAPTER 54: THE TRUTH COMES OUT
CHAPTER 55: REST OF MY LIFE
CHAPTER 56: OUR LIFE
CHAPTER 57: THE CAPTAIN'S WIFE
CHAPTER 58: LAST CHAPTER: MY MARIA

CHAPTER 51: OVERWHELMED

9 1 0
By Cowboy0928

I put on my denim dress. It was long and sleeveless. I fixed my hair and my makeup and went downstairs. Tom wasn't there.

Tom said, "hey Syd can you come upstairs for a minute." Tom was in his room, so I went in there, and Amari was asleep in his little bed.

Tom said, "Sydney I'm having a little bit of trouble deciding what to wear." I said, "what?" I laughed.

Tom said, "go on and make fun of me, I know that was such a girl thing to say." He laughed. So did I.

Tom had on black dress pants, and a white long sleeve shirt. He looked so handsome and sexy.

I said, "Tom you look great. Very handsome." He smirked. I said, "But um are we supposed to be dressing up? I thought it was just supposed to be my dad and Jay there. I guess I'm going to have to go change."

Tom grabbed my arm. He said, "no you look perfect. Very beautiful. And it's just your dad and Jay. I just feel like I need to dress up. I mean this is the first time meeting your dad and brother after we decided to go ahead and get married." I smiled.

I said, "Um Hanson." He was staring at himself in the mirror.

He said, "yeah." I said, "Are you, um you aren't nervous are you, about tonight?"

Tom said, "hell yeah I am. Your dad is a very scary and intimidating man, and I am stealing his little girl away from him."

I said, "But my dad loves you, so does Jay."

Tom said, "True, but your dad also let me know on the phone a part of him and Jay are sad."

I said, "oh well my dad told me that as well. But you don't need to be nervous."

Tom mimicked me, saying in a girl voice, "you don't need to be nervous." I laughed. He rolled his eyes. He said, "you have it easy Sydney. My mom adores you. In fact, I'm beginning to think she prefers you over me. Of course, I can't blame her. I do too." He smiled. I laughed.

I said, "your mom is very sweet to me. I love her. But no she prefers you to me. "

Tom said, "I don't think so, when I took you home to meet her, did you see that she totally ignored me, and hurried to you and hugged you. Left me standing there." He was acting like he was pouting and fake crying. He said, "That really hurt Sydney. My own mom." I laughed. So did Tom. I said, "poor baby."

I said, "Hanson my dad and brother love you." He said, "I know, but now my relationship with them has changed. A lot more pressure put on me. I just want to dress appropriate. I don't want them thinking I dress like a bum or something. "

I said, "Tom you look perfect. But you could go in shorts and a tee shirt, my dad and Jay aren't going to care. I'm sure they won't be dressed up. And they don't think of you as a bum."

I said, "Amari do you want to go with us to grandpa's" Amari jumped up.

Tom said, "heck yes I do momma," I laughed as Tom winked at me. Tom said, "you do know that your dad gave Amari steak." I laughed. I said, "I didn't know that." Tom laughed. He said, "your dad said that he couldn't help it. Amari was breaking his heart staring at him. Making him feel guilty." We laughed.

We left to go get Tom's mom. She wasn't ready yet, so we went inside his apartment. We were sitting on the couch with Amari. Tom said, "Sydney you care to make a little bet with me?" I looked at him. I said, "A bet huh." Tom said, "yeah" I said, "What is the bet?" Tom said, "let's see the loser has to treat the winner to breakfast, and then lunch and movies." I said, "ok, what are we betting." He said, "That my mom greets you with a hug before she does me." I said, "Hanson I'll take that bet. You are so wrong. You are her baby."

Tom rolled his eyes. He said, "Sydney I guess you haven't noticed, but I'm not a baby. I'm all man."

He smirked. He said, "I can show you if you are doubting."

I immediately could tell I was blushing, so I tried to not let Tom see. I felt warm and hot all over.

I said, "Tom I know you're all man, but you were your mom's baby, and you are her only son. She is going to give you a hug first."

Tom said, "you ready to treat me to breakfast, lunch, the movies, and then wash my car." I said, "Wait so washing the car yeah sounds good. My baby needs washed." Tom laughed. He said, "you are going to lose Sydney."

Tom's mom came out. She said, "hi kids." Tom said, "mom" I said, "hi." She started to walk towards us, and she said, "Congratulations, I'm so excited. Thomas I really wish you would have called and told me instead of just telling Rob, but I understand."

I was smirking at Tom because I thought he was going to lose the bet. But instead of going to Tom she came to me, and gave me a big hug. I heard Tom laughing. I looked at him, and he winked at me. Laughing.

She said, "Honey I am really sorry that my son didn't give you much time to plan a wedding, I mean you have been engaged for awhile. men don't understand all the work and stress that goes into planning a wedding. They think they have to only show up." She looked at Tom.

Tom said, "mom I already told Sydney that I would help whatever she needs." She said, "good I'm very happy to hear that." She went to Tom. She said, "I'm so happy for you." She hugged him. And cried. Tom said, "mom." She said, "I'm sorry. I'm so proud of you. I prayed for you to find a girl like Sydney. And I wish your dad was here. I know he'd be so proud and so happy with your choice for a wife." Tom had a few tears in his eyes threatening to fall.

Tom said, "Mom you wouldn't want to babysit Amari for us tomorrow would you?" She said, "I would love to. Do you have plans?" Tom said, "yes my beautiful fiance here is going to treat me, to breakfast, then lunch, then a movie, then dinner, and then she is going to wash my car." I said, "somehow this bet keeps growing." He laughed.

We got to my dad's. Tom took a deep breath. I said, "Tom you look like you are going to pass out. Just relax. My dad loves you."

Tom said, "maybe, but that was before he was going to have the date that I'm stealing you a way from him." I laughed. So did Tom's mom.

She said, "you remind me of your dad when he and I first got engaged."

Tom said, "really I wish I would have asked him stories. I didn't think of it at the time. Was grandpa happy about your engagement." She said, "no. He grew to love your dad, but he did not approve of the marriage at first." Tom looked shocked. He said, "What, why mom?" She said, "he thought we were too young. He thought I should date other boys, not just marry my first love." Tom said, "dang." He made a face. She said, "your dad and my dad got along when we were dating, but your dad was nervous and scared to tell my parents that we were engaged. We went to their house for dinner, and let's say it didn't go well." She laughed.

Tom said, " so  do you think that tonight won't go well mom, is that what you are trying to say?" She said, "Thomas relax. Tonight will go perfect" Tom said, "What if he's upset with me." I said, "he isn't Tom. Don't worry about it."

We go inside, and Amari wants to go see my dad. Tom puts him down and Amari runs to him. My dad picks him up giving him kisses. My dad said, "Sydney I had Greta pick up a bunch of treats for Amari, can he have a snack." I laughed. I said, "yes daddy"

My dad went and handed him a dental bone. Amari took it and ran around in a circle with it, and then tried to hide it, then looked at it, then went back and got it.

Jay and Allison came in. Jay gave me a hug. And shook Tom's hand.

My dad said, "Tom if you would follow me please, we'd like to have a word with you in my library." Tom looked at me.  He whispered in my ear, "I told you."   I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Allison said, "Sydney I went and got a bridal planning book. We can start filling this out, so I can get a feel of what you want, but we should wait for Tom I guess."

Tom's view:

I knew it. I knew that I'm in big trouble with Sydney's dad. He was brief on the phone when I talked to him. He's upset. I know he wasn't planning on his little girl getting married so soon. Well either was she. I hope Rob didn't tell him about only getting the job for being engaged,

Mr. Mitchell said, "Sit down Tom. Can I fix you a drink?"

I'd really like to have a drink. Something strong. I mean I'm getting married in a month. But I don't want him thinking that I drink too much.

He said, "Jay fix me a scotch, and get Tom whatever he wants." I said, "I'll just have a beer."

I said, "Mr. Mitchell, I can see you're upset with me for setting a June wedding."

He said, "I'm not upset with you Tom. I know how much Sydney has always wanted a June wedding, and you are making her dreams come true. I can't be upset about that."

I said, "oh um, sir, I thought I was in trouble with you guys."

Jay laughed. He patted my shoulder. He said, "you look like you are about to pass out. You are going to be married in a month, you sure you don't want something stronger. I think I would need a strong drink." I shook my head.

Jay said, "The last thing I heard from you guys that you were having a long engagement, getting to know each other. What changed?"

Mr. Mitchell looked at me. He said, "I hope that you only made me a grandpa of a dog." I about choked on my beer. Started coughing.

Jay looked at me almost with a smirk on his face. He said, "I'm not wanting to be an uncle just yet, except to Amari."

I said, "you guys, no I haven't touched Sydney like that." Jay laughed. He said, 'Good answer."

I said, "I know this is a surprise and a shock." I think it is to me too.

I said, "I know that she is your little girl, and I know that you guys may not be ready for her to get married. I'm sorry if you feel like I let you all down by springing this on you, instead of coming and asking your blessing to set a June date. Especially since you and your wife were married in June."

Mr. Mitchell said, "Tom I am not upset about the wedding date being in June or moved up. As long as you treat my daughter like she deserves, we won't have a problem. I just wanted to have words with you. Your relationship is changing. You will be pledging your love, to my daughter, but not just your love, your loyalty, and your faithfulness. Marriage to me and to Sydney is a lifetime commitment. No matter if times are tough, you stick together. Marriage is not all easy. There are hard days. Struggles, problems, but if you truly are in love, and know what life without her would be, you vow to stick with it, through the good and bad. You don't go out and have affairs, or cheat." He gave me a stern look. A scary look. A look like one wrong move and he will arrange my demise, and I'll never be heard from again.

I said, "I know that sir. I think of marriage as a lifetime commitment as well. And I'll be honest with you, I really never saw myself getting married. These last 8 years, I never saw myself even wanting to have a girlfriend. I didn't want a relationship. Just hookups. But that all changed when I took one look at your daughter. I knew that night we met, she was special. I give you both my word. I'm nothing like Rob. Sydney's heart is safe with me. I will never betray her. I will never cheat on her."

Mr. Mitchell said, "welcome to the family son. I could not have picked a better man myself for Sydney. I see how you treat her, and how happier she is now more than she has ever been. You make her laugh and make her smile. It's so good to see her with a huge smile. And laughing, and so happy."

He offered me his hand. He said, "just want to offer you this warning, I will welcome you as a son, whatever I have is yours, whatever you need just ask, but if you hurt her, and I'm not talking minor fights where she cries or is hurt, I'm talking betrayal pain I won't hesitate to avenge that. I let her talk me about of doing anything to Rob, and there was the issue that my sister in law would be upset since Rob was with her daughter, but never again, if Sydney is hurt."

Jay said, "yeah Rob's lucky, Aunt Jackie is probably the reason why Rob's body parts weren't cut up and then disposed of. Especially one part of his lower body"  He smirked.  I find that funny since I hate Rob, but I don't laugh as I can tell that is a warning to me. Not to hurt or cheat on Sydney.

Mr. Mitchell said, "let's go join the ladies."

We come out. Amari is sitting on the floor by Sydney's leg. He has his big bone, looking at it.

He sees me and runs over to me then runs back to his bone and sits down by it, before I can even pet him.

Sydney laughs.  She said, "Tommy Amari is so funny. He keeps looking at his dental bone and then crying, instead of just eating it. He will lick it and then grab it and then put it back down."

I laughed. I sit down by Sydney. I am going to use it to my advantage that we aren't alone. I kiss her cheek.

Mr. Mitchell said, "Sydney I thought I would let you decide what we want to do for dinner. I can have whatever you are hungry for delivered."   She looked at me, then Jay. She said, "how about pizza guys"  Jay said, "my sister is the best."  I said, 'I agree." Kissing her cheek again. 

Mr. Mitchell said, "Margaret, We have a wedding to celebrate. Our two babies are getting married." My mom said, "I am so excited and so happy that Thomas found the perfect girl to be his bride."

Mr. Mitchell and Jay sat across from us. My mom is sitting by Sydney and Allison.

Sydney whispers in my ear, "see you were worried for no reason. My dad is happy."

 I know I shouldn't, but I love to make Sydney blush. I'm going to mess with her a little bit.

I whisper in her ear, "yes he is. But I had a good reason to worry. I mean with the threats to my lower part of my body." I look at her.

Her eyes get wide.  And a look of shock on her face. Damn she is gorgeous.

She said, "what threats? To your um what? No don't be specific. I think I know what part" 

 Yep she is blushing.  The more she is talking. The more she blushes.  She's so damn cute when she blushes. It's become one of my favorite things to do  is try and make her blush. She tries to hide her face from me with her hair whenever she blushes. Like I can't see

She whispered "you're teasing me."  

I said in her ear, "no let's just say that your dad warned me that what they wanted to do to Rob they would be doing to me if I ever hurt you or cheat on you."  Her eyes got bigger.  She said, "um what did they want to do to Rob."

I said, "cut off you know and then get rid of it."  Her mouth was wide open.  I tried to not laugh, but it was so funny seeing it register in her mind.  Then she laughed. Which her laugh is music to my ears.

She whispered in my ear, "Tom my dad did not say that."

 I said, "Well your dad said that what they wanted to do to Rob he would do to me. Then Jay is the one who said what they were wanting to do to Rob. So"  She stared at me.

Jay brought over a drink for Sydney. He made her a strawberry frozen margarita.  She had just taken a sip of it, and the sight of watching her sip her drink is intoxicating to me, like a drug. Making me want to kiss her beautiful lips right now, and see if I can taste her drink. I need to stop thinking of that.

She takes another sip. And I lean in whisper in her ear, "of course your dad and Jay also wanted to know if the reason we decided to go ahead and get married in June was because I got you pregnant."  She spit out her drink.  The look of shock on her face.  That was mean of me, I know, but"  I laughed.  She said, "Tom you're teasing."  I whispered, "no I swear I'm not. Jay asked why all of a sudden we are now getting married, and your dad said he was not ready to be a grandpa to anything other than a dog."  I laughed.  She said, "oh my God. I'm so sorry Tom."  She turned red. Blushing.  Like I said, she is too cute when she blushes.

Allison said, "now that Tom is here, we really have to get to work. We need a wedding date, we need a venue, we need the schedule, are we going to do a whole weekend celebration, just one day, a brunch, a reception, a dance, do you want the reception to be in a fancy ball room, at a country club, do you want a destination wedding, if so what resort would you want to stay at, what colors, I think pink would be good. Tom if you intend on having a bachelor party, just know that there will be no strippers. And I hope you don't think all you need to do is just show up."

Damn can she talk fast. Before she could continue I said, "Allison I told Sydney I would help with the wedding plans. And I also told her I'm not going to have a wild bachelor party. I'd like to hang out the night before with Jay, and her dad, and if my friends want to come then that is great, but I will make sure they know no strippers no women."

Allison said, "us girls will take Sydney out to dinner, and have a girl night, whatever she wants. We could stay home and watch movies and eat desserts and dinner. Of course, Mrs. Hanson you are invited."

Allison said, "we need to decide on invitations, do you want cursive writing or do you want a design on it or a picture of the two of you, a poem,   but that can wait, first thing I need is to pick the location. Time is of the essence, thanks to Tom not giving us much notice."

I said, "I'm sorry about that. I just decided that when I almost lost Sydney on prom night, I didn't want to waste any more time with her. I realized how much she meant to me, and how lost I would be without her. And how much better my life is with her in it."

I kiss her cheek and bring my lips to her ear. I said, "Sydney I meant  that."  

Allison said, "location guys. Calls will have to be made. To make reservations. To make sure we can get the location, I need that now."

Allison is demanding.

Sydney said, "I was thinking, I mean if it's ok with you Tom, Lila offered."

But before Sydney could finish, Allison stopped her.  

She said, 'Sydney absolutely not. Yes their property is beautiful, and I know you love it I do too. But that just will not work for a wedding. An outside wedding is just too risky. In the middle of summer. What if it rains? Where would we send the guests? What if it's 100 degrees. It will ruin your makeup. The guests are not going to want to sit out in the heat."

My heart ached a little, as I saw the smile fade from Sydney's face. Dammit.

Sydney said, "Allison you're right. I didn't think about any of that. I was just thinking about how beautiful it would be and how I have always loved their place."

This isn't right. This is Sydney's wedding. Not Allison's. I don't want to cause problems with Jay, but I think I'm going to have to say something. Already Allison is being too demanding, like she is planning her wedding instead of ours.

Allison said, "I need a location, and then the next thing I need to know is how many, and who will be standing up with you. Tom let's start with you. Who will be your groomsmen."

I said, "Doug, Harry, um Jay I was going to ask you if you would, but it's fine if you don't want to."  Jay said, "I'd be honored Hanson."

I said, "Then Sydney was wanting to have Booker, so he can walk Judy down the aisle. Since Judy is crushing on him, even though he is not good enough for her."

Allison said, "ok that is 4, now Sydney."  

I said, "I was going to ask you, and then Judy, but that's all I have."

Allison said, "no that won't do. You have to have 2 more or Tom has to cut out two."

Jay said, "Allison we don't need to do all this right now. They haven't even told us the date yet"

Sydney said, "Excuse me."  She got up and hurried up the stairs to  her room.  I could tell she was upset.

I mumbled to myself, "Thanks a lot."  I got up and went after her.

I went to her room. The door was open, and I could see her sitting on her bed. She was crying.

Man I hate to hear her cry. Does something to me, hurts inside. I want to be the one to stop her tears.

I knocked and then said, "Syd can I come in"  She looked up.  She turned her head from me, and wiped her eyes.   She said, "Sure."

I walked over to her, and knelt in front of her on the floor.  I took her hands.

I said, "Sydney."

She said, "I'm sorry, you must think I'm so pathetic huh. To only have Judy and Allison I can ask."

I said, "I don't think you're pathetic."

She said, "all my life I thought that if I ever got married it would be Kris standing up with me, and then Cherie and Chellie and Megan.  Those were my 4 best friends.  But now Tom, I mean even though I'm glad I'm not with Rob, glad I know who he really is, I still just don't want them up there with me. Even if this isn't a real wedding, I mean we aren't a real couple, I just don't want them. They knew that Rob and Kris were cheating, and they didn't tell me."

I caressed her face, and then her hair. Her hair is so soft. I love running my fingers through it and playing with it.

I said, "Sydney can I say something."  She nodded.

I said, "I hope this doesn't make you mad. Trust me, I know you're the boss of this relationship."  I gave her a smile.  She laughed.

I said ",But in this instance, please will you let me be the boss. Just in this wedding. Sydney I don't want to cause any problems with me and Jay, but I"m sorry. I am not going to be able to let this continue."

She said, "What"

I said, "Allison. I know she means well. I know she's excited and happy for you, and wants to help, and I know that she plans great events and parties. It's something that comes easy for her. Something she enjoys. But I am going to have a talk with her, . I hope you wont' get mad at me.."

I said, "Sydney this is our wedding. Allison is talking like this is her wedding, like she is planning her wedding. I'm not going to let her or my mom or your aunt do this to you. This is your wedding. We are going to do what you want to do."

I said, "I didn't grow up wanting to get married, I mean when I was a kid, yeah I thought that eventually maybe Jenn and I would, but that was a long way off and not in my head. I didn't think about it. I don't have any dreams or plans so whatever you decide on is fine with me. But you did have those dreams. You grew up dreaming about it. And I want you to have your dream wedding. I'm sorry that you don't have your dream man. But still I want you to plan this wedding. My mom, your aunt, Judy, and Allison can all help, and I will help, but I want this to be what you want."

I said, "Sydney don't let Allison, or my mom, or your aunt tell you what our wedding will be. If you want a destination wedding, then pick the spot, wherever is fine with me, but if you want to have it at Joe and Lila's, a place that is special in your heart, a place where I proposed to you because of how special that place is, if that is where you want the wedding, then that is where it is going to be. Screw what Allison says or thinks."

She said, "But Tom she is right. I mean she's planned so many of her friend's weddings. She does such a beautiful job. She knows what she is doing. I don't. I never even thought about if it rains, or the heat. She's right."

I said, "but if that is where you want to get married Sydney, then we can plan around the heat. We can get married at night, when it's cooler, we can find a big canopy or something to shade, if it rains then we can move it inside their house maybe. Actually if it rains, I don't even care. We can still get married, We can move into the gazebo part, and all the wedding guests can leave. As long as your dad, brother, my mom, Judy and the guys are there and the minister that is all that matters."

I said, "if you want their place that is where we are getting married. This is our wedding, and Sydney I'm serious. I'm going to have to say something. Already I don't like where this is going. Allison is trying to help, but she's taking charge. Not even letting you get a word in. I'm not going to let her do that."

I said, "This is your wedding. I am not going to let Allison, your aunt, or my mom plan our wedding. We make the decisions on everything, and I"m going to say yes to whatever you want, so you make the decisions. On it all. I don't care that you have never planned a wedding, because this is our wedding, and you are going to plan it. They can help. I can help. But you will make the decisions."

I said, "I'm not going to let them tell you how our wedding will be. Allison said pink colors but I don't care, if you want yellow then that is what we are going to do."  She laughed.  She said, "Tom she means colors for the bridesmaids dresses."

I laughed. I said, "oh well still if you want Judy in a yellow dress, then"  We laughed.

I said, "I'm serious Sydney. This is your wedding. We do it your way. Whether Allison likes it or not. If you want a big fancy wedding then that is what we will have. I'm fine with having a dance, or brunch or an all day or all weekend event. I'm also fine if you want it smaller, more intimate, and not the dance or the other stuff. I'm down for whatever you want to do."

I said, "So I am going to say something to the ladies. Thank them for helping you, but that they are going to back off, and let you make the decisions. I don't want to see you crying, or hurt about this.".

She said, "there are so many decisions Tom."

I said, "yes I didn't realize that. I'll help you make them. But what I'm saying is we make them, not Allison. This is not her wedding. I want you to have what you want."

She said, "But she's right Tom."

I said, "no I mean yeah it maybe hot out, and be miserable, but there are ways to ease that. We can get a generator and find a way to bring in a lot of fans, we can get a covering, that will help with the sun, or if it rains. We can have the wedding after the sun goes down."

She said, "I mean she's right about the bridesmaids also. I don't know what to do. You have 4 and I only have 2."

I said, "Sydney, don't cry."  I caress her face and wipe her tears.  

I said, "Sydney please don't cry over this. It doesn't matter. Who cares if you only have 2."

She said, "Tom the numbers have to match, so that they each have someone to walk with."

I said, "Sydney that's ridiculous. I'm sorry but it just is.  I admit I don't know anything about weddings, but I don't think that there is a rule that says that you have to have the same number."

She said, "not a rule, but tradition."  I said, "Screw that. If it's that important to you, then I'll do whatever you want.  I will just have two. Doug and Harry.  I will explain to Jay, and Judy will understand. I mean Booker and I aren't even friends but I would ask him if it's what you want."

I said, "Sydney if you want me to have the 4, and you 2 then I'd assume Jay would walk Allison, and Booker would walk Judy. Doug and Harry are not going to care if they don't have anyone to walk with. It's not a big deal."

I said, "it will look pitiful to everyone, my dad is going to have all his business clients and friends, and so will Jay, and then if all the ones I went to school with come, they will be saying how pitiful."

I said, "Sydney stop. I don't care what they say. And besides if you don't want them there then that is fine."

I said, "how about this, I know that this is probably not ever done in a wedding, but you could ask my mom she would be thrilled."

She said, "your mom"

I said, "She adores you. She has always wanted a daughter, and I know that she is not your mom, and can't replace your mom, but you are the closest thing she will have to a daughter, and I know she would be honored and excited if you asked her to stand up with you. Then Doug and Harry could both walk her down the aisle, Booker walk Judy, and Jay walk Allison."

She said, "that could work. If you think she would do it. I mean Tommy usually the mother of the groom is seated in the first row. She doesn't have to stand up there."

I said, "she would love to. If you don't want her to it is fine. I'm not trying to tell you what to do. I'm just trying to suggest options, because honey I don't want to see you crying over this. You're way too beautiful to be crying."  She smiled.

She said, "Thank you I would love to have your mom. I love her. She has been so sweet to me Tommy, and welcoming me. But what would people think. The groom's mother never stands up there with the bride."

I said, "who cares what anyone thinks. Syd I don't blame you for not wanting those girls to stand up with you. They were your friends and betrayed your trust by not telling you about what Rob and your cousin were doing. You need to cut them out of your life. It's fine if you want them to attend your wedding, and see how beautiful you are in your wedding dress, but I don't think you should be friends with them. I mean you should surround yourself with friends who you know you can trust, who you now will have your back, and not betray you. You have that now. Doug, Harry, Booker even. Judy. Those are your friends now. They all have your back. I have your back."

I said, "Sydney if you don't want my mom to, it's ok. You can tell me. I was just trying to offer suggestions. But if you would be embarrassed by it. I understand."

She said, "I would not be embarrassed."  I said, "Even if it's never done at weddings."  She said, "I love your mom, I would be honored."

I said, "would you um want me to ask her for you?"  She said, 'yes please."  She kissed my cheek.

She said, "I have your back too"  She hugged me.  I could stay like this all day. Just hugging her.

I said, "are we agreed, that you will be the one planning things, letting them help, but giving you the options and the choices."  She nodded.  She said, "But there is just so much to do it's going to be so stressful. Even though we aren't a real couple, I want this wedding to be beautiful."

I said, "it will be. I know that it is going to be stressful to plan, but you have help Sydney. A lot of help. I just don't want them making decisions on what we are going to do or not do, have or not have. Like I said I never had any real plans or thoughts on getting married, especially after they betrayed me. I just want you to have what you want. I'm fine if we make a whole day of it, like Kris did, if you want to outdo them, and make a whole weekend out of it, with brunch, and a dinner, a reception, and a dance. It's fine with me."

She said, "I know I'm being a bitch, but I would love to outdo Kris. I mean their wedding was beautiful."

I said, "Was it, I wasn't paying any attention. I was staring at my beautiful date."  She blushed.

I said, "and you're not a bitch Sydney. And if wanting to outdo them is being a bitch, then I guess I'm a bitch too."  I smirked at her.  I said, "Because even though I don't give a damn about Jenn, I want to outdo Rob. I want a more beautiful wedding than he had, and it already is going to be no matter what we do, whether it's small or big, you want to know why?"

She said, "Why Hanson"

I said, "Because I have the more beautiful bride."  She blushed.  She said, 'Thank you. I will have the most handsome groom. Way better than what Kris had."

Jay texted that the pizza would be here in a few.

Sydney said, "I'll be right down. I want to go wash my face."  I got up and went to the door.

Sydney said, "Hanson wait."  She came to me, and gave me a hug.  She kissed my cheek and said, "Thank you. Tom I was wanting to know, would you be upset with me, as your partner, if I ask Adam if I can stay just desk duty awhile longer. I mean I know I'll get cleared soon, but all of this wedding prep is going to take so much of my focus, and I don't want to mess up on a case."

I said, "Actually I would love that."  She frowned a little. 

I said, "I like working cases with you, but I worry about you. You got hurt your last case. I could relax more if you were doing desk duty. I'm sorry. I know that you're a cop just like me, and you want to be out on cases, but it's almost the end of school, and then none of us will have cases this summer.  I mean we may get one or two, but usually summers are slow."

She said, "I was wondering about that, do we still get paid or?"

I said, "yes we do, it's in the budget to pay even if we don't have cases."

Sydney's view:

Tom's words playing in my head.  He's so sweet trying to comfort me. I still feel like I'm dreaming all of this. It's going to happen. I'm going to marry Tom. Even if we aren't a couple. We are still having a real wedding. I will be Mrs. Thomas Hanson. Sydney Hanson I say to myself when I'm looking in the mirror. I splash water on my face, and then go downstairs. That's when I hear Tom's deep voice, and I stop.

Tom clears his throat.  He said, "Jay, I don't want to make you upset with me, but I need to say something before Sydney comes down. Mainly because  I think if she was down here she would probably try and stop me"

Jay said, "Go on."

Tom said, "Allison you do great work at planning events, and parties. I know how hard you work at it, and they come off perfectly, and I appreciate you helping Sydney plan our wedding. But I'm going to tell you that I'm not going to let you decide things. With all due respect, this is not your wedding. This is ours. I've never thought about getting married, nor planned on it, so I don't have expectations or dreams about how the wedding should go, but Sydney does have those dreams."

"I don't like what just happened, and I'm telling you I'm not going to allow it, let it happen again. I don't want Sydney hurt, or crying, or upset."

She said "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt her feelings."

Tom said, "I know that. She knows that. It's just that this is her wedding. And we will do what she wants. I am going to say yes to whatever she wants to do. If she wants a destination wedding, she will have it. If she wants it in a church, that is where it will be. If she wants it at the beach, or a hotel fine. But if she wants it at Joe and Lila's, a place special to her heart, then that is where it is going to be. I will try and figure out a way to help ease the heat. Maybe find a way to get a generator to bring in fans, have a temporary building put there, have a canopy put down. We can get married at night after the sun goes down. If it rains, we can head into the gazebo, and the guests can go inside. If it's where she picks that is what it is going to be, and I"m not going to let you tell her otherwise."

Tom said, "And this goes for my mom, her aunt, and you. This is Sydney's wedding. She needs help. I will help her, Judy will help her, and she needs all of you to help. I'm sorry I didn't give her much time to plan. When I decided we should go ahead and get married."

Tom said, "But I do not want you all telling her what we will do or not do, where it will be, or not be, what we will have or not have. This is Sydney's wedding, and I want her to have her dream wedding. You can help, you can make suggestions, ask questions, but Sydney makes the decisions. If Sydney wants to have the color yellow for the dresses then that is what it is going to be."  Allison kind of let out a shriek and made a face.  I laughed.

She said, "oh God please I hope she doesn't want yellow."

Tom looked at her.  He said, "But if she does, that is what it is going to be. This is her wedding. I'm not going to have you all making decisions."

Tom's mom said, "Thomas, you are right, and we will make sure that we offer help, but let her make the choices."

Tom said, "Thanks mom. Also, um Sydney and I were talking. Sydney has other girls that she could ask to stand up with her, but she doesn't want them up there, and honestly neither do I.  The girls who she grew up with, were best friends with, all betrayed her."

Allison said, "a lot of them didn't mean to, they just didn't know how to tell her or didn't want to hurt her."

Tom said, "That's no excuse. I get that they didn't know how to, but they needed to. If they truly cared about her they would have told her.. And I don't want them in our wedding. I want Sydney surrounded with friends who actually respect her and have her back. Who are not going to betray her.  I think now that Rob probably did me a favor, sleeping with my high school girlfriend, because it led me here to where I am now, with Sydney as my soon to be wife. In the job I have, with the friends I have. I wouldn't trade any of that. But that doesn't mean I want to be friends with Rob. I am ok with Rob being at our wedding if Sydney wants it, as long as he isn't going to try and stop it."

Allison said, "Why would he stop it?"

Tom said, "Because he's still in love with Sydney. He only married Kris because she probably forced him to."

Tom said, "what I'm saying is Rob can be there, but I would not want him standing up with me, when at one time he would have been the best man. So, I understand why she would not want any of her old friends up there with her."

Tom said, "That said, Allison I don't care about what most weddings do. If I have 4 and she only has 2 that will be what it will be."

Allison made a face. Tom rolled his eyes. I had to laugh.

Allison said, "it's just tradition that you have an equal amount so no one walks alone."

Tom said, "yeah well screw it. But mom, Sydney would like to know if you would stand up with her."

Allison said, "oh dear, she is the mother of the groom. She usually sits in the front row on the groom's side of the aisle."

Tom rolled his eyes.  He said, "that is so stupid. Why do they have the sides split up. Anyway I don't care about normal weddings."

I came down to face them. I said, "Margaret it's fine if you don't want to. I know that it's never done. I don't want to disrespect you as the mother of the groom. It's fine if"

Margaret said, "honey I would be honored. It would mean so much to me if you let me. I know that I"m not your mother, and I 'll never try to replace her, I know that I couldn't, but I love you honey, and you are like a daughter to me. I would be honored to take part in your wedding, however you would let me. Standing up with you would be an honor."  I cried. She did too. She hugged me.

Tom winked at me.

My dad said, "Tom thank you son. For saying what you did. And you said it nicely, requested, but I am demanding it. This is Sydney's wedding, and she will be the one to make the decisions. She will have whatever she wants. Money will not be an object, but it will be her decisions. I don't want her watching as you all plan her wedding. That won't be happening. Is that clear Allison? I appreciate you helping her, and you do wonderful work as planning events, parties. There is no one better, and no one else I will go to, to plan my events and parties. But this is Sydney's big day. I don't want her upset or hurt." 

 Allison said, "I understand sir. Sydney I"m sorry that I hurt your feelings, I wasn't meaning to."

I said, "you didn't. I just felt pathetic that I don't have more than 2."

Jay said, "Don't Sydney. I agree with Tom. I don't want you having any of those girls who were your friends and knew what Rob was doing and said nothing. They aren't your friends."

I said, 'I'm just overwhelmed with all the wedding prep. I really do need so much help Allison and I want to hear all your ideas."  She said, "Ok. I am so excited for you. You will make a beautiful bride. I don't mean to be pushy or bossy, so if I start, just tell me to stop."

Tom said, "So how about if Jay you stand up with me, then walk Allison, Booker walks Judy, and Harry and Doug both walk my mom"  She said, "it's perfect, they both are like family to me."

My dad said, "Sydney, Tom do you have a date in mind? I don't want to rush you, I just need to know as soon as you know so that I can clear my schedule. From cases, to meetings, to any events. And your aunt wants to know as soon as you know."

I looked at Tom.  I said, "Tom"

He said, "Baby any date is fine with me."

My dad said, "honey were you wanting your own date, or were you wanting to have the 21st."  I said, "But daddy that is your and mom's date. Wouldn't that upset you?"

He said, "no sweetheart. I don't want to influence your choice, but I think it would be a perfect way to remember my wedding, and celebrate your mom and I's anniversary. To watch our beautiful daughter marry the love of her life."

I said, "Tom is June 21st ok?"  

Tom said, "yes that would be perfect. If that is what you want. If you want it sooner or later than that, it's fine."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 18 55
Officer Tom Hanson is 18, soon to be 19, fresh out of Police Academy, and on the force in his home town. He is given an undercover case, and has to...
1.8K 20 32
Choosing her cost me everything I'd ever loved... including her. It's why I left the small town where I grew up and vowed never to return. I'm no lon...
Runners By Lbooks01

Teen Fiction

3.7K 19 32
They balance each-other out. One the calm, the other the storm. Except when they don't. Except when she loses it and makes the place burn...literally...
1.8K 45 20
"What!?" he says with fire burning in his eyes but I can't seem to look away not even once. "What do you mean what all I did was go to a party and ha...