Enchanted (Billionaire Boys...

By booksbykyra

Donatella Winters: Spellbindingly beautiful. Effortlessly smart. Not the most popular but friendly with eve... More

Authors Note.
Playlist
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chaoter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapyer 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chaoter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chaoyer 37
Chapyer 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chaoter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68

Chapter 26

1.5K 59 28
By booksbykyra

                     Donatella:

Butterflies flutter in my stomach as he circles my waist with his arms.

I gasp as he lifts me up, our chests melding together and lips now centimetres apart.

His eyes bore into mine and I can't look away.

He's shirtless. My pulse races while I feel his smooth skin and the heat radiating off of him.

My legs wrap around his middle and he squeezes my thighs, causing my blood to scorch me from the inside out.

"Tella." He whispers against my mouth. 

"Yes?" My voice is barely audible. It quivers and I'm not sure whether it's because of our close proximity or the unmistakable feeling that's pulsing through my core.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Everything." He murmurs.

I wet my lips with my tongue and his eyes track the movement.

He presses his forehead to mine and I almost stop breathing altogether.

"Darling." His lips brush over mine.

"Darius." I breathe, against his.

"Close your eyes."

I do as I'm told. Allowing my lids to block my vision.

A moment later, I feel the cool surface of a wall behind me and the intensity of his presence increases.

"Keep them closed."

I do.

Then, I feel his mouth again.

It whispers over my own once. Twice. And then I feel him lean ever so slightly closer...

Creak.

The sound of my bedroom door opening has my eyes shooting wide in an instant.

I'm in a hot sweat. My heartbeat racing out of control and the space between my legs pulsing.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Ohmygod.

Did I just have a hot dream about a boy who doesn't even remember being my best friend?

Wait.

Who opened my bedroom door?

I hear it close again and my body grows tense.

Who's in my room?

None of the maids or staff have ever come in my room during the night unless I called for them. My own mother hasn't, either. She goes to sleep early and not even a typhoon could wake her.

But how did someone even get in here?  We have security systems everywhere. My dad ensured that his wife and daughter had the safest place to stay while he's away.

Oh no. What if I get...?

I think I'm going to throw up.

My heated blood runs cold and dread pools deep in my stomach.

I try and hold my breath, not sure what it'll do but doing it nonetheless.

I hear a shuffle still near the door but then footsteps sound closer until the person is right next to my bed.

That's when I smell it.

Him.

I've never noticed it specifically before but I guess my brain, for some odd reason, decided to store the information.

The scent is masculine and woodsy but also kind of fresh and sweet in a way. It's intoxicating and familiar and just so him.

I shoot into a sitting position, swirling my head around and finding him standing right there at the edge of my bed.

"Darius."

"Hey." He answers after a minute.

"What...?"

He kneels down so that I don't have to strain my neck and crouches on the floor.

"I, uh... I just wanted to see if you were alright."

"I..."

"I'm sorry I scared you." He says.

"If I'm alright?"

"Yeah."

Oh.

"Jeremy told you?"

"He did."

"I'm... I'm okay."

"Are you sure? He said that you were pretty shaken up." He reaches over to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I was."

"And now?"

"I..."

Oh my god.

I was borderline assaulted yesterday and less than twenty four hours later, I'm having a sex dream?

What is wrong with me?

"I'm okay." I manage.

"Good." He breathes. 

"How... how did you get in here?"

"I told the maid at the door that you asked to see me."

"And she believed you?"

"Am I not worth seeing in the middle of the night?" He teases.

"No, that's not what I- You're messing with me."

He chuckles. "I am. And to be honest, she seemed kind of afraid to decline me."

"But you're not scary."

Well. Maybe a little.

"You don't think so?" He asks.

I bite my bottom lip. "Perhaps a little."

My vision has since adjusted to the dark and I see him blink.

"You know I'd never hurt you, right?"

I open my mouth but stop short before any sound comes out.

But you already have.

"You wouldn't?" I almost whisper.

"I wouldn't." He confirms. "And i'd hurt anyone who hurt you."

My breath hitches.

"You would?"

"I would."

I can't help the way my heart bangs against my ribcage.

As if on autopilot, both of my hands shoot out to grab his one.

"Do you promise?" I try my best to keep from trembling. "Do you promise to never hurt me?"

Do you swear to never hurt me again?

To forget me, again?

His fingers close over mine and his thumb smooths over my own.

"I promise."

Maybe I'm a fool. Maybe I'm desperate for hope or even just tired of feeling otherwise.

But I believe him.

"Okay." I murmur.

"I meant the second part, too. If anybody hurts you. Tell me. I'll take care of it."

"Take care of it?"

He hums.

"How?" I find myself asking.

It doesn't even take him a second.

"Whatever way necessary."

I look down and then back up at him.

"You... you care about me."

"Yes." He says.

"And you would never hurt me."

"Never."

"And you'd hurt those who'd hurt me."

"All of them."

"Pinky promise?" I extend my finger.

He looks down at it and I swear I catch a smile ghost his face before he takes it.

"Pinky promise."

"You're my friend."

"Yes."

"And you'll play with me. Even when you have other friends."

"Yes."

"And you'll protect me from bullies."

"All of them."

"Pinky promise?" I hold up my pinky.

He takes it. "Primly promise."

I feel tears burn the back of my eyes and I don't even think about it when I push forward and throw my arms around his neck.

"Thank you." I say. Though, I'm sure it must be muffled with my face buried in his neck.

I don't think he's much of a hugger. Or a fan of physical affection in general, unless it's in the sexual manner. But he takes me by surprise when his arms come around my waist and return my embrace.

"You're welcome, sweetheart."

I loosen my hold, moving back a bit. But I then realise that now, our faces are only inches apart. Just like in my dream.

My lips part and his eyes follow the action before returning to my own.

He comes closer and I suck in a breath.

The anticipation vanishes, however, when he uses his hold on me to help lower me back down onto the bed.

He releases my waist, causing a cold rush to take over me but the fuzzy warmth returns with a vengeance when he takes the duvet and pulls it back up, tucking me in.

"Get some sleep."

I blink. Nodding and watch him stand.

He takes a deep breath and then turns to leave.

"Hey, Darius?" I call softly.

He stops.

"Hm?"

"You know I'm not too freaked out about you appearing in my room in the middle of the night. I know I'm safe with you. But I think people would maybe have minor heart attacks if they wake up and there's a stranger next to their bed. You probably shouldn't make it a habit. You could get in trouble."

I feel drowsiness seep into my consciousness and involuntarily let my lids fall half closed.

He breathes out a quiet laugh.

"I don't really plan on sneaking into anyone else's bedroom at night."

I'm not entirely sure why, but the confirmation settles a part of me.

My eyes close the rest of the way.

"Good."

Suddenly, a warm puff of air hits my forehead and gentle tingles spread across my body when his lips brush against it.

"Sweet dreams, darling." He whispers over my skin.

His presence shifts away and I hear the clicks of my door opening, then closing, before sleep takes over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

739K 17K 45
"You look so kissable, Amore" "Yeah?" "Yeah" _____________________ Azora Kai Russo & Ares Evolet Reid have been competing against each other for as l...
430 16 12
Colette, a young girl who sees the good in everyone and everything, tries to befriend her new neighbor who just moved in-a brooding 28 year old named...
183K 6.3K 41
Summary It must sound very clichΓ© but this is my story, the story of a nerd ( aka me, Emma) and how my life turned upside down In A mere couple of m...
158K 2.2K 11
Summer, the hockey coaches daughter. She's bubbly, bright, extremely pretty. Lewis, the captain of the hockey team. He's amazingly hot, popular, kin...