Protecting Daniella

By HollyHanson5

The Mafia was all Silas Hale ever knew. Working alongside his brother, Aaron for the past 25 years, retiremen... More

⚠️
1- Silas
2- New job
3- Client information
4- Meeting her
5- Tonight was a lot
6- Daniella's side of the story
7- Change of plans
8- Playing nice
9- Bonding
10-Robert
11- Goodbye
12- Christmas
13- Daniella
14- House Guests
16- Unexpected Surprises
17- Meeting Aaron
18- Plane ride
19- First Dates
20- Lady in Red
21- The Heist
22- The Heist/ Part2
23- Love
24- The truth shall set you free
25- Trouble
26- Where's Daniella?
27- The deal
28- Protecting you
29- Tension
30- Surprise
31- The calm before the storm
32- Life and Death
33- The End

15- A plan

592 48 13
By HollyHanson5

Daniella's P.O.V.

Do you ever wish you could go back and undo something? Something that could change your life forever?

I think about that all of the time.

I'd stop my Dad from smoking.

I'd stop my brother from taking on a suicide mission to protect me and I would have packed up our stuff and gone on the run with him.

I was sitting on the ledge of my window bench seat in my dark room, thinking as I looked down at two pictures that I could see by moonlight. One was with my Dad and I in Costa Rica. Our arms were around each others back as we smiled happily at the camera on a bridge in the Monteverde Cloud Forest. The other one was with my brother and I when he first brought me to the United States and we were out celebrating our new apartment together.

I was so happy.

Letting out a sigh, I put the pictures down on my lap and looked out the window at the busy streets of Los Angeles.

It's a different kind of pain when you don't cry anymore.

There are two types of pain in this world... the pain that hurts you and pain that changes you. A smile hides so much... your fears, your pain, your sadness but it also reflects one true thing... your strength.

My phone vibrated, breaking me from my thoughts. Picking it up from beside me, I saw it was Axel. Axel was the leader of the Scorpions here in L.A. Him and his crew took over the territory the gang my brother and I helped take down when we rescued Alyssa and we've had a mutual trust ever since. After my brother died, I knew I would never be able to win against the men coming after me so I went to Axel. He didn't know all the details or what exactly happened to my brother but he knew enough and since he promised my brother he would look after me if anything happened to him, he brought me in.

I didn't work for Axel but I helped him out every once in a while and became close over the years. I wanted him to keep me in the loop if he heard of anything or anyone here that wasn't supposed to be in case the men looking for me came around.

"Hey."

"Hey Dani. I have to make this quick. Did you know the Rynes Mafia is in town?"

Of course I did but I assumed they had left. It's been just over a week since they were in my apartment and I haven't heard a word from them since. Silas on the other hand has been calling me and texting me everyday since but he never mentioned if he was here.

"I knew they were... are they still here?"

"Yes. The L.A. Kings plan on killing Derek Rynes and his men tonight."

I sat up quickly. "What?"

"Can you imagine the hell that would be brought to Los Angeles if they take down Derek Rynes?"

"Fucking damnit." I got up and started getting dressed. "I need more details, Axel."

"Word on the streets is Sebastian is looking for weapons and buying a ton from Derek. After their deal, he plans on killing him."

"They will never succeed at this."

"I'm well aware. I have thought of every plan possible to stop this from happening but there's really no good way so we are going to try and warn someone. I also thought you should know because like I said, hell will rain down if the Kings succeed and I know you have history-"

"I'm going to stop them!"

"No you're not. Are you insane? Dani, this isn't up for discussion. I didn't tell you this information so you would walk into the tiger's den. They're in the middle of a deal."

"Don't Dani me, Axel?" I snapped. "I have a plan. Isn't that part of our deal, helping each other out? Plus if Sebastian succeeds, he'll come after you next and I'm not going to let that happen. Stay back, Derek's men will see you coming from a mile away and it's not going to end well for you guys being there. I know I can get in but if for some reason I can't, I'll leave. I'm heading out now."

He was quiet.

"Axel?"

"We'll be close. You better have a really good plan and hurry because you probably don't have much time left."

I hung up the phone and ran down the stairs, ignoring my girls and headed for the safe.

"Dani!" Kayla yelled. "What's wrong?"

"Sebastian is planning on killing Derek Rynes tonight and I'm going to stop him." I grabbed ten thousand out of our pile of cash before slamming the door shut.

"Alone?"

"Axel and his guys will be close." I strapped on guns and a few knives to my body and headed to the front door as they all followed me, watching as I searched for my keys. "Where are they?"

"Let us come with you at least?"

"No."

"Why do you care if Derek dies? What if you die stopping this?"

"If Derek dies... Aaron Hale will show up. I don't need him around here."

They all looked at each other, knowing I was right.

Naomi gave me a sad look as she placed my keys in my hand. "Please be careful."

I nodded. "Always. If this goes sideways, all four of you take the money and get the hell out of here. Make sure you stick to our plan. Do you understand?"

They all nodded before I turned around and headed out the door.

*******

Pulling up to the L.A. King's building, I noticed all the extra security that I assumed to be Derek's. I got out, not caring about all of the glares I was getting.

Before I even got to the door, I was stopped. "Daniella, we're busy tonight."

"I'm here to see Sebastian. What's going on?"

"He's working."

"So am I. I have his fucking money... I know how he hates it when I'm late."

"Come back tomorrow."

I stepped forward. "No. Tell him, I'm here now. It will only take two minutes and then I'm done with you assholes for good and hopefully we never see each other again."

He stared at me for a moment before he whispered in the other guy's ear. He nodded and went into the building. Minutes later I was being escorted down a hallway that led to a large room by one of Sebastian's men. "If you grab for any of your weapons, you will be shot on the spot. Understand?"

"Noted."

Derek and his top men were front and center as I walked in, all looking confused as I stalked forward. I didn't recognize some of these other men so that told me they were Derek's men too.

"Dani."

"Daniella." I corrected sternly. "Only my friends call me Dani and we are not even close to being friends."

Sebastian chuckled. "So feisty. You do realize the world doesn't revolve around you. We're busy and you're lucky my friends here said it was okay that you join us."

I looked over at an even more confused Derek. "Yes, I see that." I turned back towards Sebastian and handed him the envelope. "I have the rest of your money. We're all settled. Don't ever talk to me again."

I turned back around, ready to warn Derek when Sebastian laughed loudly. "We are hardly over, Daniella. I think you're forgetting about the fifty grand you owe me for my men that were killed."

The men Silas killed in the alleyway. "What? I told you it was that other guy."

"Yet, you came out unharmed."

I clenched my jaw. "I didn't kill any of them."

"Well the person that did it is now dead and you were there, which means you're left paying the debt."

Asshole!

"You have two months, Daniella... unless." I just stood there, glaring at him, waiting for him to finish. "You say yes to my offer?"

The offer was that I'd be his little toy... no thanks, I'd rather pluck my eyes out. "Pass. I'll get you your money in a month."

I turned and walked past Derek, slipping him a note in his hand as I passed, warning him of Sebastian plan which meant if they survived this, I'd be getting a visit from Silas any day now with more questions I didn't want to answer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26K 1K 47
Grace never had an easy life, but when Ryker returns it gets a whole lot harder. A common threat will unite these childhood enemies as they must lear...
211K 5.5K 63
Silas a 16 year old cold hearted assassin and fashion designer Serena a 16 year old innocent sweetheart Two twins who are total opposites are sudd...
5.4K 438 43
I was about to be attacked, but a man showed up to help me. Little do I know that this is my brother's sworn enemy. My brother showed up and stopped...
1.8K 149 10
Steve From scrawny kid orphaned kid living on the street to being the most ruthless and notorious mafia leader. I run New York City. I have one rule...