Bound to My Billionaire Boss

By MercyAkodegbe

"I love you!" He screamed and a sob escaped her lips. "I love you Rosie...from that day-" he took a step and... More

Chapter 1- First day at work
Chapter 2-Heartwarming handshake
Chapter 3- He knew a lot
Chapter 4- Sophia's threat
Chapter 5- Clumsy?
Chapter 6- Her mum took a loan
Chapter 7- Fear
Chapter 8- Haunted memory
Chapter 10- A wrong kiss with feelings
Chapter 11- Cravings and feelings
Chapter 12- Affection and care
Chapter 13- Salary ahead on a condition
Chapter 14-A visit to Italy (emotions)
Chapter 15- A step into feelings
Chapter 16-Took her as his date
Chapter 17- Met Williams
Chapter 18- Heated emotions
Chapter 19- Trouble looming
Chapter 20- Innocent (now in danger)
Chapter 21- Threats and fear
Chapter 22- Fear and recovery at last
Chapter 23- Back to New York
Chapter 24- Jealousy
Chapter 25- Angry and got her in danger
Chapter 26- Saved her
Chapter 27- Happy with him
Chapter 28- In his house
Chapter 29- Anger?

Chapter 9- Fired

87 6 0
By MercyAkodegbe

Rosalie sniffed and gripped her handbag tighter. She just got out of the elevator and despite how hard she tried to console herself, it didn't work.

She made him lose that deal.

He was angry!

He left her there and she took a taxi to the company. Her steps wavered and she sniffled as she sighted the office.

Why was she unlucky?

She keeps getting into trouble now and then. And now, she jeopardized her job.

But it wasn't her fault. Her anxiety was at work.

She didn't believe she could experience it again. That was the main reason they came to New York. Her paranoia ate her up wherever she went.

Suddenly, she paused in her steps at the sound. As she strained her ear to hear clearer, a high-pitched yell filled her ears.

She could figure out that yell anywhere.

A telltale feeling surged through her but she shook her head. She wouldn't believe it. She had to see.

She trotted to the office and pushed the door open. The moment her orbs rested on the figures, all courage, and hope she felt moments ago was replaced with despair.

Knots constricted her throat at the image. Sophia was there! And Alexander was furious!

No, Sophia didn't have to come by that time.

"Really?" Sophia screamed and tugged harder on Alexander's collar. "I'm insane Alex, is that it?" She scoffed and released his collar.

She blinked rapidly and tears clouded her vision, "I was there, I went there for the date. I fixed 7 am Alex, 7 am. Look, it's 2 pm. You never showed up. Why did you tell me to—"

"Enough Sophia!" Alexander bashed the table and both ladies flinched. "The date is not today. Shut the fuck up!"

Date. Rosalie's eyes widened. Sophia was causing a tantrum about her date. Her hands balled into a fist and her heart raced.

She knew Sophia's date was between 15&16. The day's date was 15. She hoped she didn't forget to include Sophia's date in the schedule.

Her heart struggled to keep her alive as she wondered about her fate. If she forgot, then she was sure that was her last day in the office.

"Stop it! Just stop it, Alex!" Sophia yelled and stomped her foot on the floor. Veins throbbed on her forehead as she needed to make her anger real.

She had to put in more action. "So you think I'm dressed this way to cause a tantrum? You think I wore all of this to act crazy?"  She snarled and walked to Alexander.

"Is that what you mean? Is that it Alex?" She grabbed his arm and he turned to her. Her heart skipped seeing the fury that was laced inside those eyes. She blinked rapidly to overcome her fear.

"Today is not the date Sophia!" Alexander retorted and pulled away from her grip. He whipped his head to Rosalie who stood fidgety at the door and another fresh rage swelled inside of him.

He didn't forget she made him lose that deal. It took everything in him not to give her an outburst there.

He tore his eyes away from her and headed to his desk but paused in his steps at Sophia's voice, "You're a liar. You never keep to your word."

"What did you just say?" Alexander turned to Sophia swiftly and Sophia cocked her head. "You are a friggin liar Alex!"

"Sophia!" Alexander barked and Rosalie flinched. Her eyes widened at Alexander's bloodshot eyes.

"What? Why're you denying who you are?" Sophia cocked her head, resisting the urge to smirk. She knew how much Alexander cherished his reputation. And she was getting him right there.

"You have never kept to your word. And now you're lying!"

"Stop it!" Alexander ordered and everywhere went silent. He licked his lips and exhaled, "The date is not today Sophia else my secretary would have told me. She clearly would have —"

"Alex?" Sophia widened her eyes. It was exactly what she needed. "Your Secretary, maybe she…didn't include it in your schedule."

Alexander paused. He whipped his head to Rosalie at once and when he saw her gulp, it answered all of his questions.

She didn't include it in his schedule.

He scoffed and sauntered towards her while Rosalie played with her hands. With everything in her, she prayed she could make it through.

She hoped she wouldn't lose her job at that moment. She whipped her head to Sophia and her heart skipped on seeing her look.

The hate shone inside her abhorrent glare.

"Miss Jones?" Alexander reached her and they locked eyes. Hard knots tightened in Rosalie's inside as she struggled to keep up with Alexander's frigid look.

"Did you forget to include that in my schedule, Miss Jones?" Alexander asked monosyllabically. "Did you Miss Jones?"

Rosalie paused. She licked her lips and shook her head. As much as she tried, she couldn't get the right words. She was tongue-tied at his frigid look.

"I—" Tears stung her eyes and she sniffed. "I don't —"

That was all Alexander needed. She was guilty. He exhaled to calm the anger that spiked in him.

First, he made him lose that deal.
Second, she was the reason Sophia was causing a tantrum in his office.

Those were her two chances left. She used them up.

"You're fired."

Rosalie paused. She stood impossibly still as her brain registered the word. She heard correctly.

She was fired.

"I need you to leave the office in the next minute" Alexander ordered strictly and headed to his desk.

Rosalie sniffled as her tears rolled down in no time, "sir" she screeched out her hands to hold him.

He shouldn't fire her, she was sorry.

Sophia licked her lips as a surge of relief flooded her mind. Before she started apologizing, she had to make her leave. "Didn't you hear clearly?"

"You have to leave the office!" Sophia marched to Rosalie and grabbed her hand. "Leave the office! You can do nothing competently!"

Rosalie sniffed as she struggled to lift her legs to her office. Tears cascaded down her cheeks uncontrollably as she grabbed her things. She walked back to the office and met with Alexander's cold stare.

He was raging.

Rosalie cussed her ill fate and tore her eyes away from him. Her little hope just got shattered.

Now, she was left with no hope of paying the thugs.

"Get out!" Sophia pushed her to the door with a smile. She got what she wanted.

She promised she would get her out of the office and there she was.

"Get the fuck out!" She pushed Rosalie out of the office and shut the door. She cocked her head and a lopsided smile found its way to her lips.

She could do anything. She was capable of anything. Through the corner of her eyes, she saw Alexander fist his hand.

She batted her lashes as she observed his demeanour. She was sure he was angry with his secretary before she came.

Only her tactics didn't make him fire her. But she was grateful.

The next secretary wouldn't try to get closer to her man.

"Alex?" She sniffed and put on a teary face. "I waited for you Alex, I was —"

"I'm not ready for your tantrums" Alexander snarled and shut his eyes. Everything happening to him was making him go crazy.

The situation around him was bothering him but he wouldn't —

The caress on his chest made him stop thinking. His eyes snapped open and his face puckered in disgust seeing Sophia's hand on his chest

"Don't Sophia! I'm not in for that!" He pushed her off and Sophia scoffed. "Even after missing the date, you still don't want me. Common Alex, let's get rid of your anger" Before Alexander could process it, her lips were on his.

"Soph—" Sophia sucked hard on his lips and her arms went around Alex pulling him close.

Goodness, she missed the taste of the lips. She explored his mouth before he finally reciprocated.

Excitement surged through her and her heart fluttered as their lips locked. Alexander pulled her closer as his tongue pushed further into her mouth.

His hands went down to her ass and she released a soft moan into his mouth.

It was a moan; it was supposed to drive him crazy.

But instead, he stopped.

Alexander scoffed and pulled out of the kiss, "Get away Sophia!" He pushed her off and she gasped.

"Alex?" Sophia's face creased into a frown as she wondered what she did wrong. "Why—"

"I need to work," Alexander muttered, his voice laced with frigidity. He couldn't believe he was letting her get to him again. He disliked her and wasn't ready to have anything to do with her.

Nothing.

He wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of having him.

"Why're you pushing me off, Alex?" Sophia bit on her lips to push back the tears that threatened to choke her. At any chance he got, he was pushing her away.

She was already excited.

What did she do wrong?

"Work? You can always do that some other time."

"Sophia!" Alexander groaned and gripped the piece of paper in his hands tighter. "Stop driving me crazy" he muttered through gritted teeth.

He was tired. He had tons of work and the only thing that bothered her was going out with him.

"What about our date Alex? We fixed a date, I want to go out with you!" Sophia muttered icily and Alexander sighed.

"Fine! Sit the fuck down and let me be done with this. We'll go soon!" He seethed and Sophia rolled her eyes.

"Fine" she trudged to the seat with folded hands. Even if it meant waiting till night, she was ready.

————

"You are not serious right?" Alexander scoffed as he stared at Sophia who was grinning between ears.

"I'm not joking Alex" she chortled and dipped the fork in her mouth.

She waited until he was done late at night and they finally went for their date.

"The family is thinking of fixing an engagement for the both of us" she reiterated and Alexander shut his eyes.

His dad was making such a decision? Without telling him? Was it until he sacrificed his life for the company that they were going to be satisfied?

He scoffed and the grip around the fork tightened until the fork bent.

"Alex?" Sophia called, seeing his look. His face was contorted and his lips tight together. His look was void of emotion. What happened?

"A—" she was cut short by his sudden action.

Alexander stood up and grabbed his phone, "I fulfilled your request, I'm leaving."

He waited for no reply. He turned around paying deaf ears to Sophia's calls. Engagement? With Sophia? It had to be a joke.

He trotted to his car and as expected, his driver was waiting. "The bar" he mumbled as soon as he was in.

"Alright sir" the driver ignited the engine and drove away from the restaurant.

Alexander tugged on his hair as the car moved. He knew it was wrong to visit the bar because he had loads of work especially since he fired his secretary but he couldn't stop himself.

He had to get a drink to stop the thoughts that clouded his mind.

They reached the bar and as soon as he stepped down, Rosalie's face popped into his head.

Her crying face haunted him as he walked further into the bar. It was the same bar he saw her that day.

Unlike that day, the bar was gloomy since some people scampered off already.

He cussed when the memory of the morning slipped into his thoughts. The silky feeling of her hand made him wish to hold her- again.

A scoff escaped his lips at the thought. She had to leave. She wasn't competent and made him wish for something he hadn't wished for in a long time.

"One shot of whiskey," he told the bartender and immediately, he got his order.

He grabbed his order and as his eyes darted around for a stool, his orbs rested on a drunk lady.

His brows knitted in an arch as he recognized the staggering lady.

Rosalie?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 40.7K 44
Clara Bowen has had a troubled life. Her family, being very religous, has entrapped her into a life hidden from the real world. Now Clara is given th...
5.1M 162K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
1M 41.3K 60
"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion? It felt so real and lively. "...and ju...
1.8M 80.1K 51
"Stop pretending. Boyfriend, right? With whom you'll be hanging out once Eth and your Dad are gone." I stared at him in disbelief. "What more things...