Auburn RWBY (RWBY x Male OC...

By AzureEclipse09

On hold until Volume 10. Son of Miguel (L/N) and wielder of the Silver Eyes, Azure (L/N) is a young man who d... More

Bio
Meeting the Rose
Shining Beacon
Initiation
A Badge and A Burden
In the Forever Falls
Stray Cat and Lone Wolf
Black and White (Volume 1 Finale)
Best Day Ever
Investigation
Dance Dance Infiltration
Search and Destroy
Breach at Vale (Volume 2 Finale)
Round One, Challengers!
Brawl in the Family
Fall
Battle of Beacon
End of the Beginning (Volume 3 Finale)
The Next Step
Friends and Family
Tipping Point
A Much Needed Talk
No Safe Haven (Volume 4 Finale)
Welcome to Haven
Lighting the Fire
Reunions and Rest
Calm Before the Storm
Battle of Haven (Volume 5 Finale)
Special Chapter: Ruby's Birthday
Argus Limited
Alone in the Woods
The Lady in the Shoe
Our Way (Volume 6 Finale)
Special Chapter: Azure's Book
Team AVRN Volume 7
The Greatest Kingdom
Pomp and Circumstance
A Night Off
Cordially Invited
Out in the Open
The Enemy of Trust (Volume 7 Finale)
Divided Teams
Faults
Our Message
In the Dark
Taking a Risk
The Final Word (Volume 8 Finale)
Strange New World
In the Ever After
Checkmate
The Cat and the Herbalist
Unexpected Arrivals
Confessions
Trouble
Reawakening (Volume 9 Finale)
*Important Discussion*
AVRN Chibi - Azure
AVRN Chibi - Vert
AVRN Chibi - Rosa
AVRN Chibi - Nero
AVRN Chibi - Team AVRN
AVRN Chibi - Extras (Finale)

A Dead End

256 4 0
By AzureEclipse09

Here is the next chapter. Last time, people were becoming afflicted by apathy, but we managed to get out of that place. Now, we're on the trail again. Hopefully, things can go better for our group of teens and two adults.
—————————————
*1st Person POV*

A few minutes flew by as Grandma had finished telling us about how she was the legendary Grimm Reaper and how she lost her eyes in her last fight.

Maria: "But I wasn't... I went into hiding soon after."

Qrow: (astounded) "I can't believe it. You... You're the Grimm Reaper, you were a legend! And then you disappeared..."

Oscar: "How exactly does a legend just disappear?"

Qrow: "You never used your name, never showed your face. Lots of us thought you were just layin' low. Eventually, we just came to accept that you were probably dead. But the stories about you, I based my weapon off of yours. I wanted to be as good as the Grimm Reaper."

Maria: "Well, I'm nothing but a disappointment, so you're well on your way."

Blake: "How can you say that?"

Maria: "Child, a Huntress is supposed to protect others to the bitter end. But after I lost my eyes, I only ever looked after myself. Even after my surgery, I was too afraid to fight. Afraid someone would find me again, finish what the others started. You shouldn't aspire to be like me, especially when some of you are clearly stronger already."

Upon hearing this, Yang looks down sadly. Grandma then looked at me with a sad expression on her robotic eyes.

Maria: "Azure, I'm sorry I didn't mention any of this back then. I kept quiet about it so that I can keep you safe while we were together. It was also the same thing for your father, since well, he was my son after all." I became surprised along with the others.

Azure: "Wait, Dad was a Calavera all along?!" She nodded. I grew a smile at this. "That's awesome! But how come his last name is (L/N) and not Calavera instead?" I asked curiously.

Maria: "That's because I gave him that last name. So that if I was ever in danger again like I mentioned, at least he would not be involved. But I'll tell you this: you are definitely a Calavera, even if you are a (L/N) by name."

Azure: "Well, maybe in the future, I could take up the Calavera name. That way I can live up to you and dad's legacies." She smiled at the idea.

Azure: "Speaking of legacies..." She then looked at me curiously. "Could I... become the next Grimm Reaper?" This caught her off-guard. "I mean, I may not be using kamas like you did, I also may not have a lot of experience, but I can still be able to hunt Grimm down using all of my abilities, especially with our eyes!"

Maria: (chuckles) "You don't need to use kamas or scythes to be the Grimm Reaper, and you'll get better with time. I'm sure of it. Hmm... If you're really up for the task, then I give you my approval." I smiled at this. I am officially the new Grimm Reaper. "Maybe if you trained under me instead of your uncle back then, you would've ended up with a scythe instead of a sword."

Azure: "Maybe in another universe, I would've been a scythe wielder." A scythe would be cool to use, and I would match with Ruby and Qrow. Maria then sighed in relief.

Maria: "It's comforting, seeing that your generation seems up to the task of inheriting this world. I'm just sorry I didn't do more to leave it in better shape."

Ruby: "Well, maybe you can do something now. Teach me and Azure to use our powers the way you did."

Azure: "Oh! That's a great idea!"

As Maria looked back at Ruby and I, a Scroll's ringtone can be heard. Ruby pulled her Scroll out and gasped in excitement.

Ruby: "It's Jaune!"

Yang stops her bike, looking back in surprise. We were all wondering how Jaune was able to contact us.

Weiss: "How?"

Nero: "Are we close to a city?"

Rosa: "Probably."

Vert: "It would make sense." Ruby answered the call.

Ruby: "Uh, hello?"

Jaune: (Scroll-call) "Ruby! Oh, thank you! I've been checking my Scroll for your signal or Azure's since we made it to the city!"

Ruby: "The city? Wait..."

Ruby looks to her Scroll, her contact name for Jaune being "Vomit Boy". I saw that and chuckled at the name. She looks at the little signal symbol under Jaune's portrait, watching it get better as she points her Scroll toward the road ahead. We sees a hill where the snow ends. Yang proceeds forward to drive us up the hill. At the top of the hill, a walled city could be seen in the distance along the ocean.

Azure: "Woah!"

Yang: (smiling) "Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived in Argus."

At the entrance to the city of Argus, Yang inputs a code to lock Bumblebee and the trailer in a garage. The eleven of us take the time to admire our surroundings. Through the crowd, a certain bubbly ginger-haired girl in pink zooms in.

Nora: ""Cute! Boy! OZ!!!"

Oscar looked over in confusion, only to get tackle hugged by Nora.

Nora: "Oh, come here!"

Jaune and Ren also arrive.

Ren: "Are you all okay?" He hugs Yang.

Jaune: "We were so worried!" He hugs Blake.

Nero: "We're okay."

Vert: "At least we're not in the snow."

Yang: "It's been kind of a crazy trip."

Weiss: "That's an understatement." Nora notices Maria.

Nora: "Wait, who's the old lady?"

Rosa: "Oh! She's Azure's grandma."

Nora: "His grandma?!" Rosa nodded at her.

Blake: "I'm so glad you're all safe."

Weiss: "Seriously..."

Nora: "Ah! You're gonna love this place!"

As everyone else engaged in their own conversations, Ruby, Jaune and I walk up to each other and give each other a big hug. After parting from the hugs, Jaune looked down and frowns.

Ruby: "Hey. We promised, didn't we?"

Azure: "We'd never go back on our promises." Jaune smiles while tears form in his eyes.

Jaune: "Yeah, you did." He wipes his eyes. "It's good to see you guys."

Us three share a smile together.

Later on, we were traveling through the city on a trolley.

Yang: "It's a lot bigger than I thought it'd be."

Ren: "It's actually one of the largest non-capital cities in all of Remnant."

Ruby: (gasps) "No way! But wait, wouldn't it be harder to settle something this big away from the main kingdom?"

Jaune: "Well, it was, until Mantle showed up. Early settlement attempts by Mistral didn't go well. But colonists from Mantle were able to help them brave the cold climate and return for goods that Solitas couldn't provide."

Ren: "The two nations worked together to create a hybrid city. While it falls under Mistral domain, Atlas keeps a military presence here to help keep the people safe and keep trade between the two nations steady."

Nora: "Well, until recently..."

Azure: "The closing of Atlas' borders."

The trolley makes a stop and everyone hopped off.

Blake: "We should probably start looking for a ship."

Nero: "That would be a good start."

Oscar: "So, where have you guys been staying?" He asked Jaune.

Jaune: "Uh..." He started chuckling nervously.

???: "There you are!"

As the trolley leaves, a blonde woman with a baby in her arm is seen on the other side of the street waving to Jaune.

Yang: "Is that...?"

Jaune: "Hey, Saph." He smiles and waves back. I caught her name and felt like it was similar to Mom's name.

Ruby then zooms in, all starry-eyed. She looks back and forth between Jaune and Saphron, and gasps upon realizing who the woman is. She is one of Jaune's sisters.

Our group later reconvenes in a living room at Saphron's home.

Ruby: "I can't believe I'm meeting your sister! I have so many questions."

Nora: "Oh, I can give you the rundown later!"

Jaune: "Will you guys knock it off?"

Saphron: "What? I love telling stories about my baby brother." She squeezes Jaune's cheek. He groans while flailing his arms at her.

Jaune: "I am not a baby! That is a baby." He points at his nephew, Adrian, who huffs back at him.

Vert: "He didn't like his uncle's remark."

Yang, Weiss and Rosa get all wide-eyed as they fuss over Adrian. The three of them make baby talk at him.

Yang: "Aww, you're so cute! Yes you are! Oh, look at your little face!"

Weiss: "Aww, coochie-coochie! Aw, baby! Oh my!"

Rosa: "Aww, you're so small! So adorable!"

Blake: "So Saphron, you're the only Arc living here?"

Saphron: "Yep! Moved the second I could. Jaune and I are the only two living away from home." She starts to tease Jaune. "I guess he just wanted to be like his big sis."

Jaune: "I, uh..." He groaned.

Saphron: (teasing) "Aw, you didn't deny it!"

The two siblings play fight with each other by pulling each other's cheeks. It was amusing to see this happening in front of us. Then, a door is heard opening. A dark-haired woman with glasses is seen walking in with bags of groceries.

Saphron: "Everyone, this is my wife, Terra Cotta." Everyone of us greeted her.

Rosa: "Hi!"

Ruby: "Hello!"

Nora: "Hey there!"

Blake: "Nice to meet you."

Terra: (chuckles) "Why, hello there! Wow, quite a party, you weren't kidding. Hun, can I get some help please?"

Saphron quickly runs over to help Terra in the kitchen. Later on, Jaune, Ren and Nora went into the kitchen, preparing sandwiches for all of us.

Weiss: "And you're sure it's alright if we stay with you?"

Saphron: "Of course, we're happy to house Huntsmen and Huntresses."

Terra: "You all risk so much to keep people like us safe. It's the least we can do." She turned to look at Qrow. "Especially for such an elite Huntsman like yourself. Although, I will say I was surprised to learn you had students helping you. Is that even... legal?"

Qrow, not paying attention, gets his arm bumped by Ruby.

Qrow: "Uh, of course. Think of it as an extended training mission. Trust me, I was a professor. Even went to the same academy as them. Let me tell ya, these kids are way better than we were at their age."

Jaune, Ren and Nora walk back into the room with plates full of sandwiches. Ruby gasps happily upon seeing them.

Qrow: "Well, not better than me specifically, but a lot of students--"

Ruby: "Shut up, there's food!" She interrupted his sentence. I grabbed a sandwich and bit into it, and I tell you, this is better than the canned BEANS we ate yesterday.

Everyone else heartily ate their sandwiches. Saphron and Terra shared a look with each other, before the latter's Scroll is heard buzzing.

Terra: (sighs) "Excuse me, I'll be right back." She answers her Scroll and walks out of the room. "Hello?"

Blake: "Is everything okay?"

Saphron: "Oh, yeah, it will be. Terra's a technician for the town's relay tower. Unfortunately, the military's radar system is also housed there." She starts making baby talk at Adrian. "Guess what's been on the fritz lately and who's getting falsely blamed."

Terra: "Me." We saw her peeking back into the room.

Saphron: "So, what's your plan for tomorrow?"

Ruby: (mouth stuffed) "Well..." She takes a gulp. "We're trying to make our way to Atlas. We'll probably start with the military base."

Nora and Ren share concerned looks.

Jaune: (nervously) "So, we kind of already tried that, and... it didn't go... super great."

Yang: "Come on, it couldn't be that bad..."

Azure: "I'm sure they'll listen to us." My team agreed with me.

The next day, we walk up to the Atlesian Military base on the island off the coast of Argus, only for the gates to abruptly close on us before we could even enter. Yang put her hands on the bars of the gate to speak to the guards.

Yang: "Come on! You didn't even hear us out!"

Guard 1: "Our orders are clear: The Mistral-Atlas border is closed!"

Guard 2: "Please!"

Guard 1: "Have a good day!"

Yang: "But--"

Both Guards: "A good day!!"

Qrow: "Hey, if you don't wanna believe that I'm friends with Ironwood--"

Both Guards: "General Ironwood!"

Qrow: "Yeah, General Ironwood, then fine. But look, we have Weiss Schnee with us and we're trying to get her home safely."

Weiss looked down with reluctance upon hearing Qrow say that. The two guards look to each other before turning their attention back to the group.

Both Guards: "Approach!"

Weiss shares a look with Blake, who just shrugs. She then walks up to the gate and the two guards step up and bend down to inspect her. After a moment, both guards stand straight back up.

Both Guards: "Very well!"

Guard 2: "You may speak with our commanding officer!"

Guard 1: "We will fetch her at once!"

The two guards turn around in sync, and chant words as they run to get their superior.

Blake: "They were... kind of--"

Ruby: "Super weird? Uh, yeah."

Rosa: "You said it!"

Maria: "Hmm..."

Azure: "What is it, Grandma?"

Maria: "Well, I... may know this commanding officer..."

Ruby: "That's good, isn't it? If she's your friend, then maybe she'd be more willing to help us."

Maria: "I wouldn't exactly call us... "friends"."

Vert: "Acquaintances?"

Maria: "Not quite."

Blake: "Colleagues?"

Maria: "Warmer."

Yang: "Enemies?"

Maria: "That's the one!"

Oscar: "Wait, what?"

Maria: "Oh, yes. I come through here about once every ten years to get my eyes checked up in Atlas. You bring outside cashews on one flight, and suddenly you're placed on the additional screening list for life!"

Qrow: "You've gotta be kidding me..."

Azure: "This... won't end well for us."

Maria: "Now, now, let's not give up hope yet. Maybe she's dead!"

Suddenly, the gates open up quickly, and the two guards return.

Guard 1: "Introducing!"

Guard 2: "Special operative!"

Both Guards: "Caroline Cordovin!"

Footsteps can be heard approaching before revealing a short-statured elderly woman around Grandma's age wearing the standard Atlesian officer uniform. Cordovin stepped forward and glared at Maria.

Cordovin: "Witch."

Maria: "She-devil."

Cordovin: "Hm. I've seen you've chosen larger contraband to smuggle this time."

Maria: "Oh, Cordo. You know they say time changes people, but I see you've still got that stick right up your--" I got in front of her to stop her from saying anything else.

Azure: "Okay, that's enough, Grandma!" Ruby stepped forward to meet Cordovin.

Ruby: "H-hello! Miss, uh, Cordovin. My name is Ruby Rose, and I was wondering if you would hear us out about--"

Cordovin: "I've already heard what your other little friends had to say, Miss Rose." She looks behind us, noticing Jaune, Nora, and Ren standing a little ways away behind our group. "What are you doing back here?! I thought I told you to leave!"

Nora tries to charge forward, only to be held back by Ren and Jaune.

Nora: "And I told you we wouldn't rest until you let us through!"

Ren: "Nice to see you again as well!" He nervously smiled and waved at Cordovin.

Cordovin: "You civilians are clearly incapable of comprehending the importance of our mission here in Argus. So allow me to say this slowly, with smaller words: This base, that relay tower, the very safety of Argus are all gifts from the glorious Kingdom of Atlas! And it is my duty to uphold them, as only I have the wit and tenacity for such a task."

Guard 1: "Such wit!"

Guard 2: "Such tenacity!"

Maria: "Or maybe Atlas just wanted to get you as far from the kingdom as possible."

Cordovin: (growls) "You're just like the rest of these Argus ingrates! This city wouldn't even be here if it weren't for our Atlesian ancestors, and what do we get in return? The entire world is ready to put a knife to our throats!"

Ruby: "Please, we know your kingdom had nothing to do with the Fall of Beacon."

Nero: "Trust us. We were all there."

Weiss: "No one's happy about the Atlas borders or embargo, but I know General Ironwood is just worried. It's why we need to talk to--"

Cordovin: "The General is no coward! Atlas is strong. If all the kingdoms plan to make us their enemy, then so be it! Atlas will prevail!"

Both Guards: "Atlas will prevail!"

Vert: "They're starting to be annoying."

Yang: (unimpressed) "Do you guys seriously have to do that?"

Cordovin: (sighs) "If Miss Schnee has truly come to her senses and wishes to return to her family, then, of course, the Atlas military will escort her home. But the kingdom will not be responsible for her "friends" of... questionable character." She glances at Blake specifically upon saying her last statement. This made Nero glare at her with anger in his eyes.

Weiss: (hostile) "What's that supposed to mean?"

Cordovin: "It means we're done here."

The gates to the base close quickly, leaving our group outside once again.

Nora: "Oh yeah? Well, your face looks... like a big dumb boot!"

Jaune: (deadpan) "Way to show her, Nora..."

Ruby, Blake, Yang, Nero, Vert, Rosa, and I look at Weiss.

Weiss: "I don't..."

Ruby: "Weiss. I told you we wouldn't leave your side for a second. We'll find a way to Atlas. Together." She placed a hand on Weiss' shoulder.

Weiss smiles and nods back at her friend. Qrow starts to walk away.

Azure: "So where are we going now?"

Nora: "Yeah, what's the plan?"

Qrow: (bitter) "The plan? The plan just got shut on our face three times over. I'm going for a drink." Ruby ran over to him.

Ruby: "Uncle Qrow, I really think we should try and come up with something..." Qrow walks away before she could finish. "...together." I walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder as we watch Qrow disappear from our view.

Jaune: "What's his problem? It's not your fault we can't go on."

Nero: "He's had a lot to deal with."

Nora: "If he's gonna be a jerk then we'll just come up with something without him. I mean, we've got Ozpin with us! He usually knows what to do."

Upon hearing this, Oscar looks down sadly, and Weiss, Blake, Yang, Nero, Vert and Rosa exchange troubled looks. Ren took notice of this.

Ren: "What is it?"

Back at Saphron's home, we finished telling the three what we learned from Jinn and Jaune punches a wall in anger, leaving a very large crack in it.

Ruby: "Jaune!"

Azure: "Calm down, man."

Jaune: "Everything we did was for nothing!"

Blake: "That's not true."

Nora: (angry) "Really? Cuz it sure does sound like it."

Blake: "I, um..."

Ren: "If Salem can't be killed, then how are we supposed to win this?"

Everyone was silent.

Jaune: (sarcastic) "Wow... Great plan everyone!"

Oscar: "Look, none of this is great, we know. But we're not the bad guys here."

Jaune: (hostile) "Are we sure about that?"

Oscar: "What?"

Jaune: "He's in your head, isn't he? Did you already know about this?" He angrily walks over to Oscar.

Weiss: "He didn't know any of it!" Next, we saw him grab Oscar and shove him against the wall. This made me mad. Oscar does not deserve any of that.

Jaune: "How much longer can we even trust him?!"

Yang: "Jaune!"

Jaune: "How do we even know it's really him?! What if we have been talking to that liar this whole time?!"

Ruby/Azure: "Jaune!"

Ruby and I angrily glare at Jaune, who glares back at us. He looked back over to Oscar, who is cowering in fear. Jaune, realizing what he has done, lets go of Oscar with an apologetic look on his face. Jaune then goes upstairs. A door could be heard opening and slamming shut.

Rosa: "Is he... gonna be okay?"

Nora: "I don't know!" She also gets up and leaves.

Ren: "I think it would be best if we had some time to ourselves." He leaves and heads upstairs as well.

Team RWBY, AVRN and Oscar remained in the living room.

Blake: "Maybe we could all use some space."

Everyone stays silent. Oscar looks down sadly.

*Later...*

Me and Ruby head outside onto the backyard porch, with Ruby putting her Scroll to her ear.

Ruby: "Come on, please..."

Ruby takes away the Scroll from her ear, looking at the screen with Qrow's portrait on it and text above it in red letters saying "NO ANSWER".

Ruby: (frustrated) "Where are you?!" She threw her Scroll into the yard. I start to hug her from behind.

Azure: "Hey, hey. We'll find him soon, just relax, please." She takes my advice and she breathes in and out, calming herself down.

Ruby: "You're right." She turns around while in my arms and hugs me back. "Thanks, Cookie."

Azure: "No problem, Strawberry." We stayed like this until...

Maria: "You know, I came out here to avoid the yelling."

Ruby and I notice Maria sitting next to a small table with a plate of fruit on it. We let go of each other and face her.

Azure: "Sorry, Grandma. The others went to get food for tonight."

Maria: "Why not go with them?"

Ruby: "I don't know..." She sits down on the porch and I sit next to her. She leans onto me. "I don't know anything... What do I tell Jaune and his team when we don't even have a plan? Qrow's out drinking, Ozpin hasn't come back and even if he did, I don't know if I could trust him. And there's always Jinn, but... we only have one more question we can ask her. I feel like I'm letting everyone down..."

Maria: "You know, you don't give yourself enough credit. Same can be said for you, Azure."

Ruby: "Oh..." She chuckles. "Thanks."

Maria: "That wasn't a compliment."

Ruby: "Uh... what?"

Maria: "If I have to explain it to you, it will just defeat the purpose. But if you're tired of not knowing anything, how about we discuss those eyes of yours?"

Ruby: "Oh!" She stands up. "Yes, ma'am, we would be honored!"

Maria: "Sit back down, for Pete's sake." Ruby does so. "Let's start with what you two know. Tell me." She said, looking at Ruby first.

Ruby: "Uh... Silver-Eyed people are supposed to be legendary warriors. Or something. And at the Fall of Beacon, Azure and I turned a giant Wyvern into stone." Maria then turned to look at me.

Azure: "We have the power to be able to destroy Grimm, or at least make them afraid of us..."

Maria: "Oh, boy." She shook her head.

Ruby: "Look, if I already knew everything I wouldn't be asking for help!" She crosses her arms and huffs.

Maria: "Yelling..."

Ruby looks back up with a sorrowful expression on her face.

Maria: "It's not y'all's fault. I had my father to teach me, and even he didn't have all the answers. But what he told me makes sense, given what I've seen."

Azure: "He did?"

Ruby: "Was he a Huntsman too?"

Maria: "It wasn't really an official title back in his day. I only knew him as an old soldier and an excellent teacher. I never attended one of those fancy academies of yours, but I scored higher on the license exam than any other Huntsman or Huntress that day."

Azure: "That's amazing!"

Ruby: (smiles) "You must've been proud."

Maria: "Heh, he would've scolded me for showing off. He'd never been able to find much information about our abilities. Just legends of warriors whose eyes shone like mirrors, reflecting the light of the world onto darkness. He found so little, in fact, that it made him cautious. How could such powerful bloodlines be so rare? Unless something was actively seeking to destroy them."

Ruby: "Salem..."

Maria: "I tried to keep my powers a secret, but as you know, it wasn't enough. I owe my life to my training, and my Semblance. At the end of the day, those are still your most powerful tools."

Ruby: "What is your Semblance?"

Azure: "I'm also curious about that."

A lemon dropped from the tree, which Maria catched before it could hit the plate of fruit.

Maria: ""Preflexes"! A silly name I came up with. Hard to explain, but I can sense everything better than most and react to attacks almost before they happen. Combine that with my training and secret ability to turn Grimm to stone, or blind them, or vaporize them." She clears her throat. "And that's how you become the Grimm Reaper!" She smiles and then looks at me. "Your father was quite similar to me in every way, even if his Semblance was a bit different from mine."

Azure: "What was his Semblance? I haven't gotten to read about it in my book yet."

Maria: "His Semblance was what he called "Danger Sense". It allowed him to have a sixth sense for any danger that approached him or anyone that he cared about."

Azure: "Wow! That is very handy!"

Ruby: "So... how do we laser beam monsters with our eyeballs?" Grandma then hit Ruby in the head with her cane. I forgot how painful that can be. It was not fun back then.

Maria: "First, you stop thinking like that! Now, I want you two to think of all the times you've triggered your powers. What did those moments have in common?"

Ruby: "I... was scared, and stressed. Is it emotional? Like unlocking a Semblance?"

Maria: "It's emotional but more focused than that. Think, what is it you wanted?"

Azure: "I had the desire... to protect my friends and loved ones."

Maria: "Precisely! It is the desire to preserve life which fuels the light inside you. And to make no mistake, it is light. Preservation is an extension of creation, or, at the very least, an enemy of destruction. The Creatures of Grimm were made by the God of Darkness, but your light comes from his brother."

Ruby: "How do you know that?"

Maria: "I always knew how to use the light, but never why it only worked on the Grimm. Then, Jinn showed us her vision. Were you two paying attention?"

Ruby and I closed our eyes and thought back to when the God of Light destroyed all the Grimm in the Land of Darkness. The God of Light transforms into his dragon form, revealing his own pair of Silver Eyes.

Azure: "That's it! The God of Light had Silver Eyes!"

Ruby: "Oh! You're right, Cookie!" She stands up. "Okay, where do we start?"

Maria: "Well, not here. The light will only work in the presence of Grimm. Meaning the only practice you'll get will be a trial by fire. But, what you can do is focus on creating a state of mind that you can tap into when you need it. Don't think about your light as a means of destroying evil, but as a way to protect the people of Remnant."

Azure: "Hmm... I think I can do that. I did kind of activate my eyes a few times before just by focusing and calming myself while in the presence of Grimm."

Maria: "Then it should be easy enough for you, mijo. Just keep all that I said in mind, and you'll be well on your way to becoming the Grimm Reaper in due time." I nodded at her.

Ruby: "But, that can't be right."

Maria: "Hm?" She looked at Ruby.

Ruby: "You said the light only reacts to Grimm, but... I used it during our battle at Haven. It reacted to Cinder." I started to remember how Cinder grabbed her left arm in pain.

Azure: "Oh yeah, I do remember that. Why did it hurt her like that?"

Maria: "Interesting... Perhaps there was something that you just weren't seeing?" I was thinking about why it did, until I heard Yang and Rosa call out to Ruby and I.

Yang: "Ruby!"

Rosa: "Azure!"

Ruby and I notices them at the door. We walk back into the house to see Weiss, Blake, Nero, and Vert present as well.

Ruby: "Oh, hey guys." Jaune also appeared in the room with Ren and Nora.

Jaune: "What's going on?"

Blake: (sadly) "It's Oscar. He's missing."

Me, Ruby, Jaune, Nora, and Ren became shocked to hear Oscar went missing as Ruby, Jaune and I look at each other with concerned looks on our faces.

*3rd Person POV*

Jaune, Ren, Nora, and Saphron are walking down a sidewalk at night, calling out to Oscar.

Jaune: "Oscar!"

Nora: "Oscar?"

Ren: "This city's enormous, he could've gone anywhere."

Jaune: "This is all my fault... I overreacted."

Saphron: "I still don't really understand what happened. Was it about the mission?"

Nora: "It's... kind of hard to talk about."

Saphron: "I know, I know, "top secret". Did he... do something wrong?"

Jaune: "No... he didn't. We just got some new information and... it's going to be a lot harder than we thought."

Saphron: "I mean, if it was easy, then it wouldn't be important. Right?"

Ren: "I think we're all just a bit unsure of what to do next."

Saphron: "You could... stay in Mistral, get your licenses at Haven, and come back to Argus. There's a lot of good you can do here. I know your mission is important, but it's not like you're the only ones who can do it. It's not the only mission that needs doing."

Jaune: "It's... not that simple."

Saphron lingers a bit behind while Jaune, Ren and Nora walk forward, before turning around to look back at her.

Saphron: "Well, uh... I should go pick up Adrian from daycare. I'll let Terra know what's happened, and we'll meet you later. Good luck."

The three watch Saphron leave before looking down sadly.

Nora: "Hey, there's a cafe over there. Why don't we get something to warm up?"

Jaune: "I'm okay. You two go on ahead."

Ren and Nora watch Jaune walk away with sad looks on their faces. Jaune takes a seat on a nearby bench.

Nora: "You don't want anything?"

She and Ren then exchange a brief glance.

Ren: "We'll be right back."

Ren and Nora walk away, leaving Jaune alone. Jaune keeps his head down while the wind blows, and a dried maple leaf flies in in front of Jaune. He notices this and follows the maple leaf as it flies in the wind. Jaune follows the leaf into a nearby park. Suddenly, Jaune stops in his tracks and notices something.

A statue of the late Pyrrha Nikos is standing solemnly on a stone pedestal, with her head down, eyes closed, and shield in her hands below her waist. Jaune slowly approaches the statue and looks up at his fallen friend and teammate. He then kneels down and notices a plaque with Pyrrha's respective symbol and words inscribed on it written:

'IN HONOR OF PYRRHA NIKOS, ONE OF MANY STUDENTS WHO FOUGHT VALIANTLY AT THE FALL OF BEACON'

Jaune sadly closes his eyes and stands back up to look at Pyrrha's statue again. He starts to walk away as footsteps are heard approaching.

???: "It's really beautiful, isn't it?"

Jaune stops and turns around upon hearing her voice. A woman with short, red hair and spectacled, green eyes in a brown coat reminiscent of Pyrrha's armor looks up at the statue with a bouquet of red flowers in her arms. Jaune also looks back up to the statue. (A/N: I will refer to her as Mrs. Nikos because it seems like she is Pyrrha's mom in my opinion.)

Jaune: "Yeah... uh, why here?"

Mrs. Nikos: "She trained here, Sanctum Academy. Everyone was crushed when she chose Beacon over Haven. No one wanted to see her go, but... it was where she wanted to be. I'm just glad she was surrounded by such amazing people."

Jaune looks to the woman with a surprised look on his face. Tears start to well up in his eyes.

Jaune: "She should be standing here..."

Mrs. Nikos: "She is." Jaune looks back at her in confusion. "She understood that she had a responsibility... to try. I don't think she would regret her choice, because a Huntress would understand that there really wasn't a choice to make. And a Huntress is what she always wanted to be." Jaune turns to face the woman.

Jaune: "Pyrrha never got the chance to graduate... But she was a Huntress."

The woman smiles as tears start to well up in her eyes. She wipes away a tear.

Mrs. Nikos: "Thank you."

Jaune smiles back at her.

Ren: "Jaune?"

Jaune looks away from the woman upon hearing his name called. He sees Ren and Nora looking for him while holding hot drinks in their hands. The two notice Jaune in the park and walk over to him. Jaune looks back over to the woman, but suddenly finds her gone. The flowers she was holding are left behind on the pedestal of Pyrrha's statue.

Nora: "Jaune, why did you--" She gasps.

Nora and Ren look up and notice the statue of their old friend. Team JNPR stands together once more, only with Pyrrha immortalized by her statue.

Jaune: "I'm sorry. I've been a terrible leader, and a terrible friend, and I--"

Ren: "Jaune, this has to stop."

Nora: "We... heard what you said to Cinder, at Haven. You're not being fair to yourself. We love you, just like we loved Pyrrha. We're teammates, family."

Ren: "We don't want to lose you too."

Jaune ponders his friends words before looking back up to Pyrrha's statue.

Jaune: "I think... I think she knew she wasn't going to win. That she might not come out alive. But... she also knew she was the only one that could try."

Ren: "So she did."

Nora: "Maybe we should too."

Jaune: "Yeah, we should."

The three smile as they look up at the statue together.

Nora: "Pyrrha may not be by our side anymore, but we can fight like she is."

Jaune: "And in a way... she will be."

Nora hands Jaune a hot drink.

Ren: "We should check back in at the house. Come on." He and Nora start to walk away. Jaune lingers for a bit to take one last look at Pyrrha.

Jaune: "Thank you."

Jaune walks away and joins his teammates as they head off. A maple leaf can be seen blowing in the wind, passing by Pyrrha's statue.

*Back to Azure's POV*

Ruby and I are looking down with a look of disapproval on both our faces. She lets out a disappointed sigh.

Azure: "I've never seen him like this before."

Me and Ruby, along with the rest of Team RWBY, Team AVRN and Maria, find Qrow passed out on some stairs leading up to the house.

Ruby: "Come on, let's get him up."

The two of us grab his arms and sit him up. Qrow groans and rubs his eyes.

Qrow: "Why am I on the stairs?"

Ruby: "Probably because no one's home, Uncle Qrow."

Azure: "We've been out looking for Oscar."

Qrow: "Oscar?"

Our group hears footsteps approaching. We turn to see Jaune, Ren, Nora, as well as Saphron and Terra, who is holding Adrian in her arm, walking towards us. The two mothers look at Qrow.

Terra: (sarcastic) "I'm sure this looks great to the neighbors."

Saphron lightly elbows her wife while Jaune and his teammates walk up to us.

Ren: "No luck?"

Blake: "No, you?"

Jaune: "Don't worry, we aren't going to Atlas without him."

Ruby: "We?"

The three Team JNPR members shared a smile.

Azure: "Looks like they made up."

Jaune: "Sorry we won't be staying." He said to his sister.

Saphron: (smirking) "No you're not."

Terra: "How about we get out of the cold?"

The door to the house is heard opening.

Oscar: "Oh, I was wondering when you'd get back." We gasp in shock as a familiar voice was heard. It was Oscar, who was standing at the doorway, now wearing a green coat.

Everyone: "OSCAR!!"

Nora screamed in joy as Oscar initially has a confused look on his face, and then one of comical terror as the eleven students, which consisted of my team, Ruby's, and Jaune's, all leaped forward and tackle hugged him inside the house. I then help Oscar up as everyone shared a laugh.

Weiss: "You had us worried sick!"

Rosa: "Why didn't you tell us anything?"

Ruby: "Are you okay?"

Nora: (grinning) "What are you wearing?"

Oscar: "Uh..." He smiled and rubbed the back of his head.

The rest of the group stepped into the house.

Terra: "Is something cooking?"

Oscar: "Oh, uh, yeah. I thought you guys would appreciate a hot meal after... spending all day looking for me, apparently."

Jaune: "It's my fault we were all out there in the first place. Oscar, I am so sorry for earlier. I was way, way out of line, and what I said--"

Oscar: "No, it's okay. These past few days, I've been scared of the same things you were. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be... me. But I did some thinking, and I do know that I want to do everything I can to help with whatever time I have left."

Jaune: (smiles) "Good. This team isn't the same without you, Oscar."

All of us share a smile. Suddenly, a smoke alarm goes off.

Oscar: (gasps) "The casserole!"

Saphron: (giggles) "We're on it, chef." She and Terra step into the kitchen to take care of Oscar's cooking.

Ruby: "Uh, combat gear looks good."

Azure: "You look like a genuine huntsman now, Oscar."

Oscar: "Thanks, you two."

The three of us share a smile. Then, we notice Qrow walking up the stairs.

Ruby: (sternly)" Where are you going now?"

Qrow: "I don't want to get in the way of your celebration."

Ruby: "You've been gone all day! Just sit with us."

Qrow: (sighs) "Look, Ruby, I'm glad you kids worked out, uh, whatever all that was. But the fact is, we're not a single step closer to Atlas."

Jaune: "Actually, I think I have an idea. But... it's sort of a "no-going-back" kind of idea."

Azure: "Well, let's hear it, man."

Jaune: "With Cordo on watch, only Atlas airships have the clearance to leave for Solitas. So... we... steal an Atlas airship." He nervously shrugs at his last statement.

Everyone had shocked looks on their faces. Adrian giggles in Maria's arm.

Weiss: "That's not just breaking the law. That's... that's definitely worse."

Nero: "We would definitely get arrested for that."

Yang: "How would we even get onto the airfield?"

Jaune: "That part I haven't quite figured out yet. But I--"

Qrow: "Okay, stop. Just... stop! Look, if this thing goes south, it's not something we can just fight our way out of. This is the Atlas Military we're talking about." He sighs. "For your sake, just drop this."

Everyone looked down with discouraged looks on their faces. Ruby and I notice this and we both turn to Qrow with determined looks on our faces.

Ruby: "I want to hear him out."

Qrow: "Ruby..."

Ruby: "I want to hear him out! I know you're trying to protect us, that you're afraid we can't do it, but right now, I don't really care what you think!"

Qrow gains a shocked expression upon hearing this. I step up next to Ruby.

Azure: "Just because you don't have an idea, doesn't mean we're out of options, you know! Ozpin hasn't been here to tell us what to do, but we still managed to get this far anyway. We've been in bad situations before, and we don't need an adult to come save us or tell us what to do. We just did it our way! And I say we do it our way." Everyone smiles at this. Ruby held my hand as we said our next line together.

Both: "And if you think you can keep up with us "kids"... we'd be happy to have you along."

Qrow looks down sadly.

Maria: (laughs) "Looks like you didn't give them enough credit either."

Qrow doesn't say anything. He looks back to Ruby and I while we look back at him determined. He then gains a small smile as he sees both Summer and Miguel within us.

Qrow: (mentally) 'They are definitely your children, and I'm proud of them.'
——————————————————————
That is the end of the chapter. We made it to Argus and we learn about Miguel's Semblance. Yes, I know that it's not the most creative, but it kind of fits with him being Maria's son. Also, we are hatching a plan to steal an airship to get to Atlas. How will it go? We'll have to see in the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 120 16
A orphaned boy travels the world with a group of friends. They are soon slaughtered and this opens up a whole new world for the boy. He realizes, the...
399 15 8
*Long uploads* Description: Flynn Redmond always wanted to be something more than being a normal teenage boy in High school. He wanted to be a hunts...
8.3K 174 52
It's a new year at Beacon Academy and that means new students. Ace Dodger is one of those new students. Despite having lost both of his parents 6 yea...
1.1K 20 28
Freyer Drakkon a young man left in the slums upon his birth gains the first ever full scholarship to the prestigious Beacon Academy. As he grows clos...