Beauty The Beast

By Anonymous_QueenDom

***Note: It's all fiction.*** A beast. A human. Both are destined to be soulmates. One thinks that it's unfai... More

Prologue
1 | The Wait
2 | The Arrival
3 | The Threat
4 | The Mistake
5 | The Pet
6 | The Decision
7 | The Chase
8 | The White Continent
9 | The Seekers
10 | The Unusual
11 | The Beast
12 | The Promise
13 | The Riddle
14 | The Weapon
15 | The Night
16 | The Back Door
17 | The Prisoners
19 | The Forest
20 | The Chinchilla Valley
21 | The Rescue
22 | The Revelation
23 | The Call
24 | The Nostalgia
25 | The Vision
26 | The City
27 | The Reunion
28 | The One
29 | The Truth
30 | The Search
31 | The Return
32 | The Conference
33 | The Alverales
Epilogue

18 | The Plan...Gone Wrong?

37 1 0
By Anonymous_QueenDom

"That's..."

"Recognised well, it's your fingerprint." Alphard smirked and added. "Faked."

"How'd you get it?" Luna asked.

"Oh c'mon, cut the cr*p and___" He hissed in pain as an impact of talking a bit louder on his nose.

"Are you okay?" She rushed to his side and placed her right hand over his chest and left cupped his cheek.

"You ask that after beating me?" He smiled at her faintly.

"Oh, Alphard." She wrapped her arms around his waist tightly and tears started soaking his shirt. "I'm sorry, I'd to___"

"Shh, I know. For uncle Will, we'll do it, I'll do it." He stroked her back with his good hand. "And I also know that behind putting me into the cell, it's your way of protecting me so that those people think I'm not the one they're looking for."

She pulled away to look at him. He smiled and kissed her. She kissed him back and hugged him again after pulling away.

"Let's go to Greg," Luna said.

"Before that, I felt you in distress. Why?" He asked.

After beating him up with the belt, she'd left it there with her faked fingerprint sticking to its back. When Alphard felt better enough to get out of the bed, he'd found what she wanted him to and used it to leave the cell when he felt her in distress.

"Greg should know the reason too, I'll tell once we get there." She said, Alphard agreed.

They left for Greg's cell, this time using the front door to her cabin. Getting there, Luna opened the door and entered in first.

"Visiting me again and again won't change my answer, I'm innocent!" Greg yelled.

"Calm down Gregie," Alphard followed Luna into the cell. "Ain't an interrogation session."

"What's happened to you?" Greg asked looking at Alphard's broken nose, arm and the black eye.

"Ask Luna and her belt."

"You did this? Whipped him with a belt?" Greg questioned Luna.

"How many times do I have to ask for forgiveness? I already said I'm sorry for that. Don't make me feel more guilty than I already am." She said remorsefully.

"All right, all right." Alphard said.

"Plus, he's really good at annoying me Greg, just think that it was for that," Luna gestured at Alphard's plastered head and torso, smirking.

"Can we focus on what we're here for?" Alphard rolled his eyes making the two in front of him laugh. Then they got to the matter at hand.

"Greg, Olivia was here." Luna informed.

"I know, I felt her presence." He sighed.

"Who's Olivia? His mate?" Alphard asked. They just nodded in response.

"I'd to talk to her in a harsh manner. She wasn't ready to leave the place without seeing you. I told her I'd lock her in too if she doesn't leave and also addressed her with the last name." Luna admitted.

"She must've been shocked." Greg smiled sadly.

"I'm sorry," Luna said.

"Don't be, she'll understand. For now let's just focus on bringing Mr. Royalves back, okay?" Greg asked.

"How will I ever thank you two?" Luna's eyes teared up.

"Choosing this field, we take an oath to protect the needful and the nation, how'd we protect them if we're not even able to protect our leaders?" Greg smiled at Luna assuringly.

"There something else too." She took in a deep breath which worried both Greg and Alphard. "Kelvin and Darcy resigned."

"What!?" Both the men shouted in confusion.

"They said they can't work with me anymore."

"It's because you threw us in, isn't it?" Greg asked.

"Mostly because I got Greg arrested, though they said they don't think Alphard can be involved either. But yeah, mostly because of Greg and because of the way I treated Olivia."

"Can't we just tell them the truth?" Alphard suggested.

"No, Alphard. No one's getting to know that you're a Wolverales, let alone the one under chase." Luna concluded.

"She's right, we can't risk your life, you're the next Alpha of the second most powerful pa___"

"Actually Greg..." Luna looked at Alphard.

"It's your call." He said to her, shrugging his shoulders.

"What's it?" Greg asked.

"He's...we're destined to be." Luna said.

"What!?"

"Yes and the reason those people are after me is..." He lifted his shirt up revealing the wolfmark. Greg's eyes widened.

"That's the Flake of Alverales!" He exclaimed. "And that means a shifter with an evil mark is out there somewhere..."

"Yes, Greg." Luna told him everything. Except for that they had gotten their hands on the weapon.

"I remember that day as it happened yesterday. Camille Wolverales, she was a brave lady." Greg said. "But after what you've just told me, I suspect that it wasn't her body we retrieved from the car."

"What do you mean?" Luna asked.

"She knew secrets about our kind, you think those people would've killed her without finding out what those were?" Greg asked. "The front mirror of the car was broken and had injured the woman's face so badly that even Dorian couldn't identify her. It was the dress and accessories she'd on that'd helped us conclude it was Camille."

"Let's say there's a possibility and they didn't kill her, what about dad then? His wolfmark is no longer there. It disappeared, doesn't that mean his mate is gone?" Alphard asked.

"She's alive..." Luna trailed.

"What're you saying, Luna?" Alphard frowned.

"Any werewolf to lose its mate to death, cannot survive this long. Even if it does, it cannot retain its sanity unless, or until it finds solace in another human, or a shifter in a way it used to with its destined mate." Luna explained.

"Seeing that your father's memories; when it comes to your mother are still afresh and that he cherishes them till date, he's not even thought of another woman. This can only mean that she's alive." Greg pointed.

"But his mark, how do you explain that?" Alphard asked.

"Marks are proof of your connection with your mate, of that they remember each other." Luna said.

"Dad remembers her and she doesn't?" He asked and Luna felt him starting to think negatively.

"Or she's made to," Luna said.

"What?"

"Those people wanted the world to think that Camille is dead, don't you think they'd have thought about the wolfmark too? I'm convinced that they're keeping her in a state where she doesn't think about anything, 'cause thinking can lead to remembering and remembering; to their marks reappearing." Luna looked at Alphard, he was staring ahead at nothing and biting his lower lip in such a manner that it started bleeding. "Alphard!"

Luna pressed her kerchief over his lip to stop the bleeding.

"Mom's alive? Luna, mom's alive..." His lips quivered, Luna pressed his head to her chest and let him cry to his heart's content.

"We're bringing her back, Alphard. Those men dug their own graves when they took her, it's upto us to fill those graves." Luna ran a comforting hand over his head. "I need at least one of you out and with me, I cannot do it alone." She said and let Alphard go.

"We've to continue with this act." Greg said.

"Here's the plan. Tomorrow I'll come to you both with Stephen and Alphard will accept his guilt by saying that he'll take us to the place, while Greg will continue to play innocent. The place you'll take us will be in the middle of the forest, then you two know what to do," She looked at them.

"Yes, let's get this over with." Alphard breathed.

"You two stay here, I'll be back in a moment." Luna excused herself and went to her cabin.

She'd forgotten to carry their food along with her earlier when she left with Alphard. While she was gone Alphard and Greg were left alone with nothing to do, but talk.

"You know how much she loves you?" Greg asked.

"Enough to get me into the prison just to protect me," Alphard said.

"Not just that, she beat you up this badly, she loves you to this extent."

"What do you mean?"

"The bearers of the Flake of Alverales feel every emotion a bit more than mates with other marks do, since you both have the mark, she must've felt what you did." Greg said.

"That's normal, we know we feel how the other does, not something new." Alphard replied.

"I'm not talking about just the feelings and emotions, but the pain, she might even have the belt marks." Greg clarified.

"Food's here," Luna came back. Alphard gave her a look which she didn't understand. "What?"

"Come with me." He took the foil containers from her hands and placed them over the table, dragging her out of the cell.

"Lock it, properly!" Greg yelled behind them with a smile plastered on his face.

He was happy that Luna had finally found her mate and happier that it was Alphard.

"Where are you ta___"

"Just tag along." He dragged her all the way to the cell he was in and locked the door behind them. "Take your shirt off."

"What?" Luna frowned. "You dragged me all the way here for that? It's no time to make out." She turned to get to the door.

"Looks like I'd have to do it myself," He groaned and pulled her back. Before she could make any sense, her shirt came off.

"Alphard, y___"

"Turn around." He said, but didn't wait for her to do so and spun her around by himself, after which he stood still. "Holy sh*t,"

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Didn't you feel pain when you whipped me?"

"I did, but isn't that normal? I mean, we've been hearing each other's thoughts like no other shifter mates do, so this can't be any strange."

"It might not be strange to feel the other's pain in our case, but to get the marks definitely is,"

"Marks?"

"Your back is all green and blue, Luna."

"Seriously?" She frowned. "Well, should've known I'd get them too if I felt the pain."

"Wait, what's this?" He pointed at her left elbow.

"That's nothing, I bumped against the table while trying to balance the food containers." She just shrugged and took her shirt to put back on.

Alphard brushed his fingers over her back, making her stop in her tracks. He wondered how he hasn't got her wound when she's got his, but he let it slide and turned her around, pulling her to his chest.

"I love you for loving me this much." He ran his hand over her head.

"I love you too," She mumbled into his chest. "Do you think they're as intense as yours?" She asked after pulling away.

"I guess no,"

"Yeah, 'cause though I feel the pain, my nose and arm are completely fine. So is my lip, it didn't bleed like yours did."

"And you don't have a black eye either." He pointed, laughing.

"Shut up. Greg's alone there," She put on her shirt and they went to Greg.

"You were right, she's got bruises all over her back." Alphard said to Greg.

"So you were the one to corrupt his mind." She placed her hands over her hips.

They laughed it off and ate together. Luna and Alphard took their leave and left Greg in the cell, she walked Alphard to his and proceeded to leave.

"Where to?" He asked.

"My cabin?"

"Why?"

"What do you mean why?"

"How will I sleep without you by my side?"

"Ah Alphard, ah." She rolled her eyes.

"Just___" He cut himself off. "Nevermind," He pulled her close and carried her in his arms.

"Alphard!"

"What? Didn't you tell that I always carry you to bed? So this is that, always." He grinned.

"That's different. You've a fracture and it's going to get worse, let alone heal anytime soon if you keep doing things like this." Luna reasoned.

"Mate's presence heals one faster,"

"Fine, I'll get in. Now set me down and get that arm of yours back into the sling." Alphard obeyed Luna's command.

Luna locked the door and they drifted off to sleep, embracing each other.

The next morning Luna woke up first and thankfully sensed no other shifter at the agency. She carefully slipped out of Alphard's embrace and walked to her cabin. Alphard woke up an hour later and stretched.

Where are you? He thought for her to hear and she did.

My cabin. Will be there in a couple hours with Stephen, you know what to say?

Yeah.

Good.

She got to the restroom and freshened up a bit then came back to check with some papers in her cabin. She smiled on seeing Alphard's full name on a sheet; the one that they'd given him for the world to believe.

Alphard Volvomaks.

Past 10 am she heard a knock on the door to her cabin and immediately sensed Stephen behind it.

"Ms. Luna?" He peeked in.

"Come in, Stephen." She said. "Toady we're getting answers from them at any cost. It's either the answers, or their safety and sanity."

"I don't think they'll take any chance after what happened yesterday. Alphard was severely injured, he wouldn't want his other body parts broken now." Stephen pointed.

"You're smart. How come we haven't worked together before?" Luna smiled at him.

"I was scared to. Greg had asked me to accompany you with the Blue Hearts resort case."

"Why? Do I look like I'd eat you alive, or something?"

"No, no, it's just that your demeanour is fierce, you emit such an aura..."

"Hahaha... Well, thank you, Stephen. Let's get to work," He nodded, they left her cabin and went to Alphard's first. "Alphard Volvomaks," Alphard lifted his head to look at her.

Luna grabbed him by his good arm and dragged him out, all the way to Greg's cell.

Is this some kinda revenge on what I did last night? He thought.

Smart boy, you dragged me here from there and now I'm dragging you there from here. Luna smirked visibly, Alphard sighed.

They got to Greg and had Alphard sit beside him. Greg looked at Alphard's injuries like he was seeing it for the first time. Luna gestured for Stephen to speak.

"Alphard Volvomaks and Greg Sylve, Ms. Luna has come up with a deal. You give us the whereabouts of Mr. Royalves and we reduce your period of sentence,"

"I'm not breathing a singl___" Alphard started.

"Don't be a fool Alphard," Greg interrupted. "You looking at yourself now? Do you want to die young for some people, who I assume you don't even know?"

"Your companion seems smarter than you," Luna scoffed.

"I'm not involved, I'm just trying to knock sense into him." Greg repeated.

"Anyways, so do I consider it a deal?" She asked.

"I need a moment," Alphard said. "Alone." He added when Stephen and Luna proceeded to leave the cell.

"You've 15 minutes," Luna took him to the cell he was in and locked him in. "What do you think he'll do, Stephen?" She asked once out of the cell.

"I don't know, but it'd be good for him if he agrees." He replied. "Also, I think that Greg is telling the truth, he's inno___"

"Did I ask if Greg is innocent, or not?" Luna glared at him. "Do only what you're told to."

"Sorry, Ms. Lu___"

"Just don't repeat the same thing again." She popped her knuckles. He nodded.

15 minutes later the both of them went to Alphard again. He looked from Luna to Stephen a couple times and let out a heavy sigh.

"Fine, I'll take you to the place." He said.

"You can just tell us where," Luna said.

"I don't know what the place is, but do know where it is."

"Strange, how's it that you know where when you weren't even with them when they took dad?" Luna asked.

"It was all planned and we were all there a day before those men captured him." Alphard admitted.

"Stephen?" She looked at him.

"Noted, Ms. Luna."

"Opinion," She asked.

"I think the only way to get to the bottom of this is that we should let him take us there." Stephen suggested.

"Fine then, get the jeep ready and take with you your camera. I'll go bring in Greg." Luna ordered and Stephen left immediately to get the things done.

When he left, she closed the door and hugged Alphard tightly.

"What's wrong? Why're you tensed?" He asked.

"Nothing, I love you."

"Love you too, Luna. Don't worry, we'll bring him and mom back, very soon." She pulled away from him and nodded. He leaned a bit down.

"Be careful while doing what you must, okay?" She said, her voice a little shaky.

"Are you scared?" He stroked her cheek with his thumb.

"A little,"

"Come here," He wrapped his good arm around her shoulders, pulling her to his chest. "Listen to it," He stroked her hair. "What do you hear?"

"Luna," She smiled.

"Every beat of my heart and every breath of mine screams with love for you."

"I'm you and you're me," Luna concluded. "Let's end this once and for all."

"That's my girl." He smiled at her. "Here," He put his hands forward for her to cuff it. She sighed, but had to do it, anyhow.

Then they fetched Greg too and were off with two more agents along with Luna, Stephen and his camera.

"You won't stop recording even for a second. If it's really urgent, or something then you'll hand it over to someone else without pausing, understood?" Luna asked Stephen.

"Yes, Ms. Luna."

As decided, Alphard took them into the forest located above a hill and they stopped in front of a path that was denser than the area they were now in.

"We'd have to walk from here, the path ahead is steep." Alphard said. "We cannot stop till we reach once we start."

"Okay then, drink water and eat something if anybody wants to." Luna said. She went to another agent named Amaira. "Amaira, keep an eye on those two, I'll go find something that can be used to scare wild animals away." The woman agreed.

Luna went to the other side and looked around for a broken bough, or branch. She found one and wrapped her kerchief to one of its ends, then she used her lighter to light it. On her way back she heard yelling.

"Stop!" Amaira yelled.

Luna looked to where Amaira's gun was pointed to and saw that Alphard was sitting behind the steering wheel of the jeep they came in. Greg was standing beside Amaira with his hands still locked and Stephen was nowhere to be seen. Luna rushed to them and took her gun out too.

"Stop, or we'll have to shoot." Luna shouted, Alphard didn't listen. "Shoot!" She gave the orders.

All three of them shot at once, one of the bullets punctured a tyre, the vehicle skidded and turned to the side the steering was on, somebody jumped out of it and the explosion that followed rang in Luna's ears. She stood there paralyzed.

The others ran to the one who'd jumped out of the jeep just before the explosion, Luna hoped for the good. She shifted her gaze from the burning vehicle to the man being carried towards her.

Stephen.

Her heart rate increased, her breathing hastened. A big lump formed in her throat, her knees felt weak as she watched the fire slowly come down, leaving behind burnt pieces of metal.

Amaira went to examine the leftovers. Luna waited patiently to hear some words of hope from her colleague, but what Amaira told her made her want to throw herself down the hill they were standing over now.

"Ms. Luna, all that was in the jeep has reduced to ashes."

__________

Author's Note:

Stay tuned for more.

Read my other stories on Wattpad #Crowded Silence (completed) #Holding On to Silence Until; You Came Along (ongoing)

Follow me here and on IG, link on my Wattpad profile, or simply type in anonymous_queendom

Read, comment, vote and share.

Thank you!

Hope you enjoy :-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 54.6K 70
"You're mine. It doesn't matter where you come from." His hand grips my wrist, stopping me. "You know it matters." I turn away, hiding the moisture i...
325K 13.1K 50
After becoming truly omnipotent he lost what was supposed to be his everything. His chosen. His beloved. Call it what you will, he lost a part of his...
5.7M 188K 51
(Complete) Eric's lips brush mine, a slow, light action that already has me hooked. A comforting warmth engulfs my body, spreading from limb to limb...
797K 24.7K 62
Have you ever heard a werewolf story? In those stories you hear that a werewolf meets a girl, mates with her after some tantrums and drama, boom.. ne...