Chasing my lovely wife.

By JinxCoffin

Caleb immediately slapped an envelope on Neli's face when she entered the villa. She looked at him and saw he... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.

Chapter 24.

7.1K 191 5
By JinxCoffin

Neli felt her whole face heat up as she put down her phone, her husband's voice on the other line sounded so sweet that it immediately softened her heart. She suddenly remembered their scene earlier in his room.

After she admired his husband's body, Neli slowly lowered her gaze to the middle of her husband's legs but she was a bit disappointed when she saw him wearing a boxer.

"EHHH?"

"What!?" she looks at he's worried face. "Neli, I promised that I didn't do anything to that woman."

Perhaps he was thinking that she might be disappointed because she suddenly slapped him earlier. But it was just her reflex, she would accidentally hit someone if she was so nervous and suddenly startled her. But in Caleb's case, she was nervous and embarrassed yet felt excited at the same time that's why she suddenly slapped him when she got surprised.

"I'm so sorry, I'm sorry." she said laughing while caressing his cheek.

Caleb held her hand that was caressing his cheek and closed his eyes, he seemed to be enjoying the warmth coming from her palm.

"Are you mad that's why you slap me?" he asked her.

"No! I'm not mad, i'm just disapp--." Neli immediately covered her mouth because of what she said. "I mean..."

"I'm sorry to disappoint you." Caleb said. " But please believe me, I didn't do anything."

"No... you didn't... ah! Forget what I said."

She immediately hit him on the arm because she was so embarrassed, but she immediately apologized to him thinking that he might have hurt because of what she did.

"It's just my reflex." she explained.

He noticed that her face suddenly became serious when he faced her.

"My wife, please believe me." he said, she didn't say anything and just let him speak. "I immediately came back to my senses after a few minutes when I felt the cold water on my body, I promise that I will never do things that will hurt you again."

"But why were you both lying in bed when we saw you?"

He explained the whole incident since she left him in his room, after he explained everything she suddenly thought of a plan, but Caleb didn't agree at first, he said he doesn't want to give hope to that woman, but after she explained her plan he didn't do anything but to agree to what she wanted.

-----

After Neli returned to Valdez's mansion, she immediately saw Caleb waiting outside, he approached her to hug and kiss her forehead.

"I'm sorry that you have to leave earlier." he apologized to her.

"It's fine." she replied with a smile. "I also need to check Mel."

After they talked earlier in his room, she said that she will leave the mansion so Hazel will not get suspicious. They want to let Hazel think that her plan succeeded and that Caleb and her fought with each other so she will be satisfied for a while as they gather their evidence against her.

"How is she?" he asked her.

"She is fine now, but we decide to let her stay in the hospital tonight to take a rest." she said.

"Is it okay that you left her alone at the hospital?" Caleb asked worriedly. "Should we go there and stay with her?"

"She's with Mrs. Trent." she said referring to the housekeeper in the Valdez family. "She even scolded me for leaving you."

"We will go and visit her in the hospital tomorrow morning."

They entered the mansion together, since the hall where his Mother-in-law's birthday party was held was on the other side, they had no trouble sneaking to enter the mansion. Caleb said that Hazel might still have her people inside the hall and he didn't want them to see her come back, and decided to go somewhere to talk.

Neli was a bit confused to see that they were not going to her room, so she immediately asked him.

"We will go to Grandma's room." Caleb answered.

"Where's Mom?" she suddenly asked.

She didn't talk to her earlier before she left, but Caleb said that he spoke to her Mother already and told everything that Hazel did to her back then before she returned to mansion hall to attend her guest.

She didn't ask again and just quietly followed Caleb. When they reached the room, Grandma immediately hugged her.

"Are you all right?" she asked worriedly. "I heard what happened, that crazy woman has caused trouble again."

"Everything is fine now Grandma." she replied with a smile.

They went straight inside Grandma's room and sat down, her butler immediately gave them tea first before he left the room again.

"While I was waiting for you earlier, I asked Grandma to find that woman accomplices here in the mansion." Caleb said. "I told you that she had three waiters and one waitress accomplices inside the hall, right? All of them have a piece of glass wine containing aphrodisiac drugs."

"You found them?"

"Grandma did and the four of them confessed, and you know what they say?"

"What?"

"That you are the one who planned it." Grandma said suddenly.

"ME?!"

"They said that you, the wife of Caleb, asked Hazel to drug him and let Carmen see them in his room, so you can get a divorce because you have a lover and want to divorce your husband." Grandma explained.

"That's bullshit."

"I know." Grandma added. "And we need to talk about what happened a long time ago, it was about the accident when Caleb was fourteen."

Neli felt nervous when she saw Grandma's serious face.

"Did you remember when you asked me if the culprit had been caught when Hazel rescued Caleb back then?" Neli nodded to Grandma. "I suddenly realized why that woman doesn't want to look for the culprit even she almost died, so I asked your Grandpa's friends to investigate and they discovered something about the incident. They checked old records of cctv footage and police records on the whole city to track the vehicle and found out that there was one more car accident that happened that day. The car who plans to hit my grandson and the car in the accident are the same... and that accident caused... your Mother's life, I'm so sorry Neli."

Neli's body froze as if cold water was poured on her because of what she heard, the man who plans to hit Caleb and the person driving the car that crashed into them are the same.

She felt Caleb holds her hand tightly, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath to calm herself. It had already happened and there was nothing she could do, but she knew that the culprits had to pay.

"The road where the accident happened was not busy so no one saw the escape of the driver who hit your Mom's car, but the cctv footage on the nearby building caught the face of the man who ran away." she placed a photo of the man on the table in front of them.

Her eyes widened when she saw the man in the photo.

"H-Hazel?" she said in shock.

She was surprised by what she saw because the man in the photo looked exactly like Hazel, at first glance you can immediately know the relationship between the two of them.

"He looks... exactly... like Hazel." she added.

"His name is Richard Canlas, forty nine years old and a hired hitman of many politicians in the country. I even asked someone to investigate that man, and found out that he has a daughter in his record."

"By looking at his face, it's obvious who's his daughter." he heard Caleb say.

"Exactly." Grandma answered. "I know that woman is his daughter and I have a strong suspicion that Hazel knows about her father's plans on Caleb back then that's why she saved him so that our family will be indebted to her, but she did not expect that her plan would fail and she will be the one who will be hit by the car, so maybe that is the reason why she said not to look for the person who's driving the car who hit her. Because she knows from the start that, that person is her father."

"Make sense." Caleb said.

"But that is just my guess, looking at the picture of the man who tried to hit my grandson it's obvious that they were father and daughter, and maybe her father was shocked and lost control, knowing that his daughter was the one he hit, so he crashed into Nelia's car."

It all makes sense, maybe that's what really happened back then.

It was a peaceful day, their car was stopped while waiting for the street light to turn green, she still remembered that they were happy at that time because they were heading to her father's office to bring his lunch, when a car suddenly appeared and about to crash into the part where she was sitting, but her mother immediately noticed it and pulled her so that they could switch positions and get hit. Her mother was taken to the hospital after the accident, but she was declared dead on arrival.

"I... was there." she said with tears in her eyes. "I was... there inside the car... with Mom when that car hit us."

"WHAT?!" the two said at the same time.

"My Mom protected me, that's why she died." she couldn't stop her tears from falling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 14.9K 36
_COMPLETED_ #2 in HATE Series Fabulous 😍 Cover by @weirdosaurs (I don't have any words to describe that how much I loved this cover😍) This book is...
80K 2.1K 71
Annalise Dolan. Once I was girl with dreams and better hope for the future. But everything got snatched away from me by father and her lover. He tain...
19M 647K 70
Love is Sacrifice. ❝ I don't love you and I never will, because I love someone else ❞ Ian said to Alison, his brows touched together as he looked at...
1.5M 74.9K 34
Christian Hendrix's story (straight out of Coffee And Papers) * * * His heart was broken by the rejection from his one true love and now, a possible...