Christian Hendrix's story (straight out of Coffee And Papers)
* * *
His heart was broken by the rejection from his one true love and now, a possible way surfaced for him to grow out of that pain. There was no thinking twice. He accepted the proposal and now, he's about to marry the only child of a business tycoon except, she's no ordinary person.
Twenty-three-year-old Harieth Gryffin was a woman dazzled by the materialistic features of this world. A total opposite to his first love. A living epitome of your typical blonde heiress. Shopaholic, carefree, sassy and child-like attitude. A date was fixed and the media fully informed but it seems the Gryffins are up to something a little sinister behind the cameras.
* * *
My husband, whose heart belongs to another.
* * *
"You seem to have forgotten why you're standing here in the first place... Perhaps, I should remind you. We're getting married tomorrow just because I wish to see my family's company progress further. Therefore, because of the money. For future reference, there's no need for you to act like a wife. Don't ask me questions relating to my personal life and don't try to get close to me. I don't like you now and I definitely won't like you in a few months." With that, he walked away, leaving me to reminisce on his harsh statement.
A crazy chuckle escaped my lips as I try my best not to feel affected by his words. Definitely, I've heard worse.
* * *
I won't call this book a sequel because it can be read as a standalone.
- Author's note.
- 1. I can blow a BUBBLEGUM.
- 2. CHOCOLATES are exquisite
- 3. CHIPS are crunchy
- 4. I so hate FUDGE.
- 5. Wouldn't it be nice to get a PANFORTE?
- 6. PEANUTS, just the thing I need.
- 7. The possible life of a MAIZE.
- 8. BUTTERED quite good.
- 9. CAKES! Can't believe this is happening.
- 10. MACARONS, a foreigner's desert.
- 11. COTTON CANDY, they call me crazy.
- 12. HOT-DOG. Who says two is equal to one.
- 13. PIE, a whole new difference?
- 14. FRENCH FRIES please
- 15. SCONE, for me!?
- 16. The PUDDING we know.
- 17. I say POTATOES, you say potaHtoes.
- 18. Someone make me a PASTA.
- 19. I need a mighty BURGER
- 20. FAIRYBREADS are definitely not fairies.
- 21. PEACH perfect
- 22. One hell of a COOKIE.
- 23. MARSHMELLOWS won't hurt, would it?
- 24. ICE-CREAM, cold and soft.
- 25. TEJUINO, my new best friend.
- 26. Smooth with a SMOOTHIE
- 27. RICE KRISPIES for breakfast.
- 28. Red as a TOMATOE
- 29. One slice of that PIZZA, please.
- 30. PUMPKIN PIE.
- 31. CHAMPAGNE, perhaps a new beginning
- 32. When WHISKEY could solve nothing.
- 33: BONBONS.