The Mighty Ducks Imagines

By ObsidianLies

I may be late to the Ducks, but its better late than never. Enjoy the imagines that keep me occupied and dist... More

Spirit Of The Ducks
Injury On Ice
Carnival With The Ducks
Operation Protect Kenny
Ice Cream - Bash Brothers
Legend Of Pumpkin Puck
Cowboy Roundup
Dinner Disaster
Party In the Penalty Box
Helping Hans
Halloween Meets Secret Santa
Learning To Skate With Adam
Gonna Take a Miracle
Campfire Celebration
Movie Night
Revenge Of The Cowboy
A Connie & Guy Catastrophe
The Great Goldberg Bake Off
Sleeptalking
Prank Gone Wrong
Captain Blood
Game Night
He's Gone
Flying Back To Minnesota
Study Buddies
Sick Day
Concussion Conundrum
Blacked Out Blur
Team Tattoos
Hide And Seek
Who's Next?
Because You're My Best Friend
It's A Cool Sticker
Bigfoot
Paint
We're The Ducks
Code Shark
The Bravest Clown
All-Nighter
Paintball
Cover Story
Playoffs Present
Baseball
Soaked
Boat Day
Hat-Trick
The Outsiders
BBQ At Banks'
Double Date
Rock Show
Hide Me
Murder Mystery Party
Surprise
Escape Room
Caught
PDA Prank
Miyagi-Don't
Long Time
Ducks In The Crowd
Lunar Eclipse
Zoo
Construction Crew
Blessing In Disguise
Coach Cowboy
Superstar Duck
Business In Chicago
Number Retirement
Coach Classic
Switching Teams
Lovestruck Duck
Benched
Haunted House
Silent Love
Girls Day Out
Prom
Fire
Arrested
Icelandic Reunion
Iced Out
Bet
Ejected
Icing On the Cake
Short Fuse
Generational Pairs
Loss
Last Breath
Never Trust Goldberg
Protector
Teaching Aggression
Not So Secret
Zamboni
Figure Skater
Anxious
Breaking The Ice
Girl In The Stands
Stranded
Unlikely Friends
Broken Nose
Scream
Secret Santa
Tribute
Polar Opposites
New Year
The Varsity Cake-Eater
Mistake
Forbidden
Emergency
Interviews
Music Madness
21 Questions
Horror Maze
Valentine/Update
Old Rivals
Job Crashers
Second Try
Poetry
Farm Life
Divorce
Wedding Band
Wild Wedding
Detention
Goodbye
Prank War
Moving
Reunited
Like Father, Like Daughter
Traded
Embarrassed
Guilty Pleasure
He Bailed
Fading Hatred
Charlie Conway's Day Off
Teasing
Teenage Tour Guide
Makeup Massacre
Unexpected
Camping
Panic Attack

Secrets

550 9 1
By ObsidianLies

Lately, there's been a bit of tension within the group. I don't think that any of us truly know where or why it started - but it's almost as if we can't trust each other at times. And our ability to win games has taken a hit because of it. Even Connie and Guy's sniping sarcasm towards each other has been on a new level. It's like looking at a mirror of myself with Portman and Charlie.

None of us realised it at first, but when our losing streak started to grow, Orion came down on us like a ton of bricks. We haven't played this bad in years - and he made sure we knew that. After the scolding of a lifetime, Orion demanded that we figure it out. Trying to get to the bottom of it, we're holding a team meeting in Banks' backyard. Adam tries to catch everyone's attention, but most ignore him - continuing their separate conversations that have been in play for the last 30 minutes. Captain Conway stands beside him and takes a turn.

"Guys! We gotta stop putting this off." That's all he ever does. "We need to figure this out. No more secrets."

As our captain and his right hand man take their seats again, the rest of the team falls silent. Our eyes dart around the broken circle we've created and notice the collective reluctance. Realising that our stalemate is set to continue, Adam let's out a sigh a gets the ball rolling.

"Calls can get confusing sometimes because I don't know if you want me to do a bank pass to someone or if you just want me to pass it to you."

"I thought I was the only confused by that." Fulton admits.

"Nah, man. Your passing's been all over the place lately." Russ picks up on his gameplay.

"Most of the time we just mean to pass it. You decide if you have to make it a bank pass." Charlie clarifies.

"Okay."

"I still think that Goldberg could use a little help getting used to playing defence." Ken mentions hesitantly.

"What?" Goldberg already seems offended.

"I think it's more of a skating issue than anything else." Guy supports Ken's claim.

"Yeah, like 75% of the time, you're not back at the net when I need you to be." Julie pitches in as Goldberg gawks in disbelief.

For the next 10 minutes or so, we discuss our hockey related issues, but still can't seem to find the true issue. However, it soon devolves into chaos, pettiness and some of the dumbest secrets around.

"I walked in on Y/N, Connie and Averman putting on a full-on performance to ABBA on more than one occasion." Kenny is the next in a long line of random stuff being thrown out.

"Who hasn't?" Averman's nonchalance evokes some brief shared laughter.

"Guy, I don't like the hat you got last week." Connie turns to him and deals the crushing blow.

"What? You said you liked it." He seems genuinely hurt.

"It's not my favourite."

"I can return it." He panics slightly.

"Don't return it because of me. You like it, so keep it."

"But-"

"Okay, leave the marriage counselling until later." Russ chirps.

As the carnage continues, I sit and fester. Voices get louder as I observe the madness. Do I dare to say something that could so easily backfire? Suddenly, a burst of misplaced confidence causes me to come out with it without thinking.

"The Portman-Julie-Banks love triangle was entertaining for a while, but it's starting to get a little annoying."

"What?" Banks and Portman question in unison.

"There's no love triangle." Julie tries to de-escalate the situation to get the unwanted attention off of her.

"Yes, there is!" The whole team sounds as a choir.

"It's been like 4 years - figure it out and get over it!" Fulton continues - though it feels pointed more towards Dean.

"Yeah, well, Y/N and Charlie are always bickering, but I caught them making out at the back of the hockey store like a week ago!" Adam gets defensive in the worst way - causing eyes to dart to Charlie and I (who just happen to be sat together) as we stare daggers at Banks.

"I wouldn't be surprised if Y/N and Portman made out because they act the same." Russ can't help but get involved.

"It was one time." Portman casually confirms, causing my eyes to become as wide as the moon in shock.

"Dude! Stop talking!" I scold him.

"Ooo!" Luis turns into a high-pitched little girl. "Now, that's the real love triangle."

"Shut it, Mendoza, or I swear I'll make you a real hockey player by removing the teeth from your stupid face." I spit, making him back down.

"I cussed at Portman one time!" Dwayne blurts out in and attempt to lighten the mood at his own expense.

"You what?" Connie questions as we all stare at him with wide eyes.

"I didn't mean to." The cowboy starts defending himself. "I was just tired and super frustrated because he wouldn't listen to me when I was trying to help him. I'm surprised I'm still alive after that."

"How didn't you tell any of us?" I ask Dean.

"You told me that was a dream." Fulton recalls.

"I was in so much shock that I thought it was." Portman shrugs. "But I'm honestly impressed. I'm proud of you, Tex." He beams with support.

"I promise, it won't happen again."

"Don't spoil it."

A myriad of shocked comments fly around the open air. Not one of us can  fathom the idea of Dwayne swearing. No wonder Dean thought it was a dream. Eventually, it becomes clear that Dwayne is getting uncomfortable, so the subject is changed like 20 times before another blow.

"I don't think that Goldberg's baked goods are actually that good." Averman admits, crushing his best friend.

"Are you serious?"

"They're good, they just could be better, ya know?" Les tries to salvage what he may have broken.

"It might be time for a little shakeup in the recipes, Goldberg." Russ pipes up.

"I don't believe this!" Goldie is obviously offended.

"It's just a few minor things, Goldie. It's not the end of the world." Charlie states.

"We can taste test if you want." Ken offers.

"I think we need to check up on Averman more." Connie changes the subject. "He's always joking around, but he's probably more dead inside than all of us." They've always been close, so I know she's heard some stuff that most of us haven't.

"What? That's... That's not true." Averman laughs nervously, making it easy to read him like a book.

"It's ok, man." Russ pulls an awkward face of sympathy.

Averman just looks at his untied shoes as the group goes fairly quiet - unsure what unhinged thought they have left to share. In this time, I reflect on an incident that has plagued our team for the past 2 years. Even the slightest mention can trigger the whole team. Should I say anything? I've been sitting on this for 2 years. They'll kill me, but Charlie said no more secrets. I'm gonna regret this.

"I ate the last ice cream cone." I mumble.

"What?" Julie didn't hear.

"I ate the last ice cream cone." I announce loud enough for the mob to hear.

"I knew it!" Luis exclaims as he springs to his feet and points at me harshly.

"That was you?" Julie joins him.

"You made me think it was Kenny!" Portman yells.

"How could you?" Fulton is betrayed on multiple levels.

"I'm sorry!" I shout over the collective disgust.

"Y/N, I trusted you..." Dwayne states calmly with a look of immense disappointment. That stings the most.

"Oh, God, even Dwayne hates me."

"I don't hate you - I'm just disappointed." He's making me feel more guilty than my mother would.

"I'm sorry, okay? Really, I am. Look, I'll take everyone out for ice cream after this to make it up to you." I throw the idea out there as a plea for forgiveness.

"Make it the fancy place 5 blocks away." Goldberg demands.

"Yeah!" Scattered agreement accompanies him.

"Fine." I sigh.

Once again, the group quiets down. As pressing as some of these things have been, they don't provide us with a good enough reason for our continuing slump. Then it hits us. It's so obvious. Bombay made us a promise, but of course he ditched us again. Time and time again, we put all our trust in him. When will we learn that it never ends well?

"He's done a lot for us, but that doesn't mean he can play us like this all the time." Adam sets it straight.

"Yeah, we have to take what he says with a grain of salt." Guy shares the gloom.

"We have Orion. We can trust him. We're not alone without Bombay." I remind them.

"That doesn't make it hurt any less." Charlie always takes it the hardest.

"Well, we have each other. We had each other long before Bombay." I reinforce my point.

"That's not gonna change, Charlie." Adam helps from the other side of him.

"Yeah." Fulton agrees as the others nod.

"Come on, let's go get that ice cream."

With the true issue discovered, we can figure out a way to go back to the players we know we can be. We grab our skates and flood the streets on our way to the most expensive ice cream parlour in town. I'm about to lose all my money. I'm never gonna live this down. At least we can end this slump.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 468 25
❛ i've got a boyfriend, he's older than us, he's in the club doin' i-don't-know-what ❜ ━━ ADAM BANKS X OC ━━ STRANGERS TO FRIENDS TO LOVERS ━━...
27.1K 415 15
"𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐞." "𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐝...
68.7K 1.9K 45
❝ for once in my life, I thought someone actually wanted me ❞ █ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █ stand alone the mighty ducks: d3 ken wu x oc // guy germaine...
83.3K 623 34
imagines with the cast of mighty ducks slow updates unless i'm bored some are cute some are romantic