Wedding Band

We all knew this day would come. Ever since we were kids, Connie and Guy have been together. Even a total stranger could take a single look at them and be able to forsee their future. For years we've jokingly referred to them as each other's husband/wife. They don't know this, but a while ago, the team placed bets on how long we thought it'd take for them to actually get engaged. Well, about 7 months ago, Guy finally popped the question. In case you were wondering, that means that Goldberg and Kenny won the bet.

It goes without saying that we were all over the moon when we found out. Some of us pointed out that the planning process was going to be extremely stressful and that we should help out when we can to make it easier for them. With guidance from the more responsible of us, everyone managed to pull their weight. Connie and Guy made sure we knew that they appreciated it - it probably would've taken them a year to organise everything by themselves.

Roughly 2.5 months into the planning process, I got a call from Guy. Before answering, I had a strong feeling it would be wedding related. Nevertheless, I was ready to help at a moments notice. In the background, I could hear Connie on the phone - presumably trying to plan something. Guy asked if I could swing by their place that night to go over some stuff. Naturally, I agreed. When I arrived, I was surprised to see Fulton, Dean and Ken occupying much of the furniture. After typical greetings, I took a seat in the armchair beside the couch the others were on. Connie and Guy sat in front of us almost like authoritive figures.

"Feels like we're in the principal's office." Portman joked.

"Wouldn't be the first time." I played along.

"Somehow doesn't feel like the last time, even as an adult."

"That's called being fired, Portman." Fulton chuckled.

"Also not the first time." Ken received a short glare from Dean over his comment as the rest of us laughed.

"Anyway..." I tried to get things back on track. "Why have you summoned us like a cult?"

"Well, you probably guessed it's wedding related." Guy prefaced.

"Can confirm."

"We really appreciate the help." Guy continued.

"Really, it's not a problem at all." Ken reassured them - they never failed to thank us.

"I'll cut to the chase." Connie cut in. "We've been thinking about the party aspect the last week or so. Obviously, we want the day to feel personal to us. Which is why we were wondering if the Bash Brigade would be willing to make a comeback as our live band."

"Really?" Portman's face lit up like the 4th of July.

"You really want us to play?" I asked after sharing glances with the guys, heart full by the request.

"It wouldn't be for the whole night." Guy clarified.

"Yeah, just a small set and you can play for as long as you want, as long as you do a regular 30ish minute set. We can just play music when you want to come down and party with everyone." Connie continued.

"It might sound like a lot, but it'd really mean a lot if you could at least do the first dance." Guy finished with a hint of desperation in his eyes as we fell silent for a brief moment.

"Well..." I took charge as if I was the band manager. "Dean, what say you?"

"Obviously, yes." He looked at me like I was stupid.

"Fult?"

"Oh, yeah, I've been dying to play in front of a crowd again."

"Kenny?"