Music Madness

When Fulton finally caved in and joined the team, I was set on helping him. He couldn't skate and he had a lot of work to do in terms of playing the game - instead of just doing property damaging slapshots in an alley. Fulton had practically no confidence - being accepted by the team and progressing has helped him a lot. Seeing how well we were getting along, Bombay paired us up on the ice. Ever since then, we've been best friends - a duo on and off the ice. Granting me protection from the enemy, acting as my bodyguard, he was the original enforcer.

By the time Bombay came back after sustaining a career ending injury in the minors, Fulton and I had grown a lot closer. When we met the new teammates, both of us despised Dean - and he despised us too. Despite that, Portman and Fulton quickly became best friends. Sharing a room probably was the catalyst. They spent so much time together after that - going out all the time and doing stuff just the 2 of them.

I'll be honest, I got pretty jealous. I don't think I've ever hated anyone more than I hated Dean. It took most of the Goodwill Games for Fulton to realise what was going on. He spoke to Portman and they made an effort to apologise and include me. Eventually, I warmed up to the new guy. Soon enough, we were inseparable. By the final game, I had 2 bodyguards both on and off the ice.

In the time after I was basically dumped for Dean, I became close with the new quiet kid. By that I mean that I became good friends with Kenny. He was kinda nervous about the new people and environment - especially with Dean running around like a lunatic. He could also tell that something was bugging me. So, he set out to make me his first proper friend on the team. I appreciated his company more than he'll ever know. Fulton ditching me for a kid he hated not much earlier left me feeling like a piece of dirt on the bottom of his shoe.

The 4 of us are the Bash Brigade. Ken and I often swap out as the centers being protected by the taller guys. I love them more than I can say. However, when I found out that Portman was staying in Chicago after Bombay bailed, I went back to hating him at the same time as loving him. Seemingly being the only one of us with the foresight to see what Dean's absence would do, I immediately called him and gave him a piece of my mind. Even that couldn't get him to come back.

Just as I expected, Portman not being there (paired with everything else going on) made his mental health take a dip. And with that, his self-confidence plummeted too. He was broken and no matter what I did, I couldn't fix the hole in his heart. Dean boosts his confidence way more than I ever could. I was so mad at Dean for abandoning us - but more because he hurt my best friend.

So much happened at the start of our Eden Hall career - it really messed us up. Bombay coming back to help us out was a light at the end of a long dark tunnel. I was missing Dean, we all were in our own way. But it was killing Fulton. I couldn't stand it anymore. So, I saw an opportunity and took it. I put my trust in Bombay. He promised to bring him back and he delivered.

I hadn't told anyone about my secret meeting with Bombay. They could tell I was more and more on edge the closer we got to the game against Varsity. Bombay assured me that Dean would be there but he still wasn't there as we were being thrown around by the Varsity. By the second intermission, I was staring at the door with my leg bouncing in agonising anticipation as I sat next to the original Bash Brother. He checked on me but I was zoned out. That's when it happened.

Dean Portman burst through the locker room door in all his leather jacket wearing glory. Upon entry, he read the terms of his scholarship and I let out a huge sigh of relief. Everyone was ecstatic to see him - but I was only concerned about one person. Fulton's eyes lit up like lights on a Christmas tree. He raced past everyone to get to him - unsure if he was dreaming. I hugged and scolded him for making me use Bombay to drag him back to us. The Bash Brigade were back together and the new power we held got us the win.