Nightmares of Caitlin Lockyer

Von DemelzaCarlton

Six months ago, Nathan's sister was brutally murdered. Now the former playboy desires only one thing: revenge... Mehr

Dedication
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
The wait is almost over...
Necessary Evil - Sneak Peek - BONUS CHAPTER 1
Necessary Evil - Sneak Peek - BONUS CHAPTER 2
Necessary Evil - Sneak Peek - BONUS CHAPTER 3
Necessary Evil - Sneak Peek - BONUS CHAPTER 4
A Taste of of the Afterlife - Afterlife of Alanna Miller
THANK YOU :D

Part 73

20.9K 372 66
Von DemelzaCarlton

73

I stood up slowly. I had tears on my face and I didn't want to turn around 'til I'd wiped them away. Navid would think I'd lost it. But I've lost her…Fuck! I swiped at my face with the hand that wasn't covered in her blood.

When I turned around, Navid's hands jerked up in stunned surrender, like someone had jammed something explosive up his arse. I saw light glint on something behind him and realised it was a gun to his head that had him scared shitless. The fingers holding it were small and definitely female, the edge of a black sleeve barely showing at her wrist.

Laura. You fucking bitch. "You killed her!"

Navid had a wife and baby waiting for him at home and I had...nothing. I didn't care what happened to me anymore. I was useless now Caitlin was dead. What else did I have to lose? Maybe the last shreds of sanity, is all.

I heard her hoarse whispered "yes" as Navid nodded emphatically, a puppet without strings.

I hope her throat's sore because Caitlin tried to choke the life out of her, fighting back to her last breath. Now it's my turn.

I lost all reason then and there. I shoved Navid out of the way and went for her. It didn't matter if I died, just as long as I took her with me. It was the least that Caitlin's killer deserved. All the shit she put that poor girl through…

She tried to hide behind him as she crooked her finger round the trigger. Navid and I both heard the click as her gun jammed. We exchanged a glance and moved together. He pinned her up against the wall, almost smothering her with his body, as I bashed her gun hand on the metal door frame, trying to get her to drop the weapon.

The psychopathic bitch wouldn't let go. She even tried to point the Ruger at me. I'd have laughed if I could unclench my jaw. The bitch's gun was useless and she didn't have a free hand to do anything about it. You're fucked.

I managed to pry my fingers between hers and the butt of the pistol, so the gun clattered to the floor. The noise distracted Navid and that was all she needed to slip from his grasp, sliding down the wall to the floorboards.

From her crouch, she dived between his legs for her useless weapon, but I kicked it away from her scrabbling hands as he flattened her to the floor. Shoving her down, he used his much longer reach to grasp both of her arms and twist them up behind her back. She muttered into the mat.

I couldn't hear everything she said, but it sure didn't sound complimentary. "...Fucking kill you…" was the only phrase I could make out.

I itched to kill her, too, for everything she'd done, but Navid was already shaking his head at me. We had to bring this bitch in alive, even though she'd shot Caitlin. He pulled out some handcuffs, looking up at me.

I swallowed and nodded.

She started struggling to throw him off as soon as she felt the touch of metal, but he held her down as he fitted the handcuffs tightly around her wrists and snapped them closed. Instead of giving up, she struggled harder. Her bare feet drummed on the boards like she was going to kick through the jarrah. Fat chance, bitch. That stuff's harder than my heart.

"Now, look," Navid said reasonably. "You're coming with us whether you like it or not. If you don't cooperate, I'll knock you out and carry you, like a sack of potatoes. Are you going to cooperate?"

"Fuck…you," she panted, her voice muffled by how her face was mashed into the hall runner.

Navid pulled a syringe out of his pocket. "I'm taking that as a no." He ripped the cap off with his teeth and looked at me as he pressed the point of the needle to her neck.

I wanted to be the one to stab her, just for the sheer satisfaction, but I knew it was better if Navid did it. Gritting my teeth, I nodded again.

She jerked her head up at the touch of the needle. "Nathan. Please…" Her eyes met mine. I saw betrayal and terror.

Oh, fuck, no!

I froze in horror. It was only for a moment, but in those precious seconds Navid pushed the plunger on the syringe with his thumb and she collapsed. He rose to his feet, leaving her body where it lay.

No. It can't be. I must be hallucinating. Like the time I thought Caitlin was Alanna in the ambulance.

No. Don't think about that. Lock it down. Think about now and what you need to do.

I dropped to my knees beside the unconscious girl, my hands shaking. I reached out to touch the handcuffs at her wrists and saw the scars beneath the metal. No…

Gently, I turned her over. Her face was streaked with blood and grime, but it was unmistakeably her. I hadn't killed her. She was alive.

I lifted her torso so her head rested on my chest. "Get the cuffs off her." My voice came out quieter than I'd intended.

Navid looked confused. "But…she just tried to kill both of us. I'm not taking her in the car without restraints. What if she wakes up?"

"You're not taking her anywhere. Take the handcuffs off her. I need to get her cleaned up before she wakes up."

Unwillingly, he did as I asked. Gently, I brought her arms around so her hands rested in her lap, trying to rub away the red marks on her wrists. Her expression tightened in discomfort as she pulled her hands away from me, so I stopped.

With a sigh, I shifted, lifting her limp form in my arms as I stood up.

"Get some towels. A lot of towels. And some clean pyjamas for her. Bring them to the bathroom." I strode toward the shower, her body carefully cradled in my arms. I was filled with a desperate desire never to let her go again. "I'm sorry," I whispered to her, too late, as I touched my lips to her blood-matted hair.

Navid hadn't moved – he was staring at the wall. "Navid." He didn't turn around. "Navid!"

He finally turned around, then stared at me, or Caitlin. "But…she killed the girl we were trying to protect. What do you think you're going to do with her?"

I looked from the bloodied bitch's body on the toilet floor to the unconscious angel in my arms and shook my head. "No. Caitlin killed the bitch we wanted to bring in alive, in what looks like a fair fight." I tasted salt. Too late I realised that it was Laura's blood I'd licked off my lips. I shifted closer to spit the offending saliva on her faceless corpse.

Navid's mouth hung open. "But you said…the girl in the surveillance footage wasn't Caitlin…"

Caitlin couldn't hang from her fingertips, nor use her hands to slowly climb from a ceiling. She didn't move like a tank, either. "She wasn't. That was Laura. Somehow Caitlin managed to take her out and take her clothes, too. She left her own clothes with the body."

His disbelief wasn't easily dispelled. "How can this be the sweet little girl you've been guarding? How'd she beat the killer bitch we couldn't catch? Someone's going to have to debrief her to find out."

Caitlin's stronger than you know. She survived this long against all odds – why be surprised at one more night? "It's over, mate. The three that were left – Nick, Pete, Tom – they're all dead. We don't need to debrief her. We know what she did and we don't need to know how. We're going to make all this go away before she wakes up and remembers what she did."

Navid looked in horror at Caitlin. "There's no way she'll forget this. She killed someone and then we…" He swallowed, painfully. He still held the syringe, but he'd put the cap back on. Good thing, too. It was shaking in his hand.

"She's blocked out the memories of a lot worse," I replied. "I'll tell her it was a dream."

Navid was shaking his head in disbelief. "That's a hell of a messed-up dream for a girl to have."

"Compared to some of her nightmares, this is nothing."

"Mate…" he started to say, but I cut him off.

"Can you get someone to take care of the mess?" I nodded in its direction. "I want the whole team guarding every entrance to the house – especially her room. I want you outside her door, all night. If anyone leaves his post, I want him replaced, even if for only a minute. And get her some ice for her hand."

He stared at me. "It's over. You said it yourself."

I slowly shook my head. "We got all the ones who hurt her. One of them said she paid them for what they did. She could have hired more." I swallowed. "Please. I can't stand to lose her again. One more night – just in case. They're all on duty tonight anyway…mate, please. I'm begging you."

Navid nodded. "Hell of a night." He chewed on his lip, as if he was trying to bite back what he really wanted to say. "I'll go direct our team – they're arriving as we speak. You take care of her, okay?"

Curtly, I nodded, too, carrying my precious burden back to where I could get her cleaned up. I wished I could wipe her memories away as easily as blood. 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

721 98 22
Mature Audiences: Everything happens in 3's, a murder, a lost love, and a fantasy, many years in the making... But will she survive when all three of...
226K 4.2K 21
Kacie and her friends go to a club to celebrate her 25th birthday. Kacie just wants to stay home, but the girls just want to get drunk. "Come on Kac...
1M 16.8K 65
[Semi Edited ] Previously Know As 'Adoration' Book One In The Russo Series "So fucking tight" he praised backing up looking at my body as he thumbs m...
1K 400 24
After stalking down her murderer ex-boyfriend, Zephrilia is kidnapped and learns the truth of the reason her former lover, Elias committed horrendous...