Komi Komi Literature Club!

By Alex13Creations

A small new Literature Club appears in Komi's school and catches her interest. In an effort to make more frie... More

Chapter 1: The School Festival
Chapter 2: The Invitation
Chapter 3: The Guest
Chapter 4: The Interruption
Chapter 5: The Kindred Spirit
Chapter 6: The Concern
Chapter 7: The Slump
Chapter 8: The Short Poem
Chapter 9: The Incident
Chapter 10: The Backstory
Chapter 11: The Boy With Curly Hair
Chapter 12: The Full Club
Chapter 13: The Rainy Day
Chapter 14: The Friend Group
Chapter 15: The Circle
Chapter 16: The Group Chat
Chapter 17: The Cute Clothes
Chapter 18: The Silence
Chapter 19: The Walk Home
Chapter 20: The Guy Friend
Chapter 21: The Bad Dream
Chapter 22: The Garden
Chapter 23: The Arcade Date
Chapter 24: The Arcade (Part One)
Chapter 25: The Arcade (Part Two)
Chapter 27: The Skate Rink
Chapter 28: The Black Cat Cupcakes
Chapter 29: The Guys' Sleepover
Chapter 30: The Delusion Dates
Chapter 31: The Winter Season Begins!
Chapter 32: The Cold Sets In
Chapter 33: The Chuunibyou
Chapter 34: The Snow Day
Chapter 35: The Altercation
Chapter 36: The Winter Poems
Chapter 37: The Exchange
Chapter 38: The Attention
Chapter 39: The Joys of Winter
You have unlocked a special poem! Would you like to read it?
Chapter 41: The Train Ride
Chapter 42: The First Day At Kyoto
Chapter 43: The First Night At Kyoto
Chapter 44: The Second Day At Kyoto (M/S)
Chapter 45: The Second Day At Kyoto (N/Y)
Chapter 46: The Second Night At Kyoto
Chapter 47: The Ride Home
Chapter 48: The Encouragement
Chapter 49: The Valentine
You have unlocked a special poem! Would you like to read it?

Chapter 26: The Cafe

47 4 1
By Alex13Creations

Today, Komi had a mission.

Since joining the literature club, she was always taking advice and recommendations from other people in the club: advice on poems, advice on what to do, and advice on what to read. Komi was determined to contribute something to the dynamic too.

So today she was making another visit to the library in hopes of finding her own book to recommend to the club.

Fired up now with her fists balled and her cat ears atop her head, Komi left her house and walked over to the library. She took in a deep breath before walking in through the front doors and making her way to where the novels were.

Komi's fingers lightly danced across the different titles, tapping each cover one by one as she read the titles in hopes that one would call out to her. Not being very experienced in reading books of these kinds, all of the names felt very vague to her.

There was some kind of saying or idiom that could apply to this specific situation, but Komi couldn't recall it at the moment.

But that's when Komi saw her standing in an aisle on the other side of the library, delicately pulling a white book down from its place on the shelf, all the while appearing flamingo-like with her graceful stance and her perfect posture.

Monika's presence was being strongly felt in the poetry section.

It was odd to see how different her sense of style was from the other girls – Natsuki liked skirts, Yuri liked sweaters, and Sayori liked anything baggy and comfortable. But Monika was dressed up in jeans, sneakers, and a red shirt.

Now Komi's focus was thrown off, and she grew nervous. Obviously, she should go and say hello, right? But how should she approach? Should she go now? Should she wait until Monika was done? Wouldn't it be rude to not say something?

Komi finally decided to make her way to the other side of the library, her nervous shaking growing and becoming worse with every step she took towards Monika. She made it to the entrance of the poetry section when Monika turned towards her.

"Hm? Oh, Komi! Hey! Didn't expect to run into you here!" Monika greeted her with a light giggle, quickly tucking the white book that she had picked out underneath her right arm.

"Mm...mhmm." Komi managed a quiet hum, nodding and waving to her.

"Were you here looking for a book too? Anything specific?" Monika asked.

"Mhmm...mm mm." Komi nodded her head in response to the first question then shook her head in response to the second question. However, Monika did not understand this and just assumed that Komi was changing her answer on the second question.

"Haha, well if you need any recommendations, I'd be happy to help." She offered.

"Mm mm." Komi shook her head at this.

"Oh...uh, alright then." Monika said awkwardly.

Komi shook nervously, realizing that the conversation was starting to decline. She looked around frantically for a few moments before noticing the book that Monika was holding. She pointed to it and looked at Monika inquisitively.

"Oh, this? Um...it's a poetry book – just a small little collection, that's all." Monika said, showing her the front cover of the book. She seemed strangely embarrassed by this. However, Komi found this intriguing, looking at the book with more interest now.

Without her notebook, Komi briefly found herself to ask anymore questions. Then she remembered her cell phone in her pocket. She pulled it out and began to send a text message to Monika, who was waiting awkwardly and watching her fumble with trying to type a message out.

"I didn't know that you enjoyed reading poems as well as writing them." Komi shared her observation.

"Oh, haha, um...I'm trying to get better at it, honestly. The best way to get better at any particular writing style is to read up on works that are in the same genre – that's one of my favorite writing tips personally. So I guess you could say I'm studying up, ahaha." Monika chuckled bashfully.

"I think your poetry is really good. I think you express yourself very well." Komi responded.

"Oh...ahaha, thank you, Komi. That's really nice of you to say. Um, are you doing anything?" She asked.

Komi shook her head to answer.

"Well, would you like to go grab some lunch?" Monika offered.

Komi's cat ears perked up, and she nodded her head enthusastically...

So after Monika checked out her poetry book, Komi and Monika left the library and made their way towards the city. They walked next to each other down the sidewalk until Monika picked out a little cafe for them to sit and eat at.

"This is a cute little place, don't you think? I've been here a few times already. They make really good little sandwiches." Monika shared with a smile.

"I'll have to try one." Komi typed.

"Yeah! And they'll go great with some tea too. You know, it's funny, I was never really that into tea until Yuri introduced me to it. I mean, I'm more of a juice or soda drinker myself anyways, but sometimes an occasion such as this calls for a cup of tea." Monika joked with a giggle.

"My family and I have always been tea drinkers. My mother would always make it for us because it's healthy and good for you." Komi added.

"Haha, she's right! Oh yeah haha, I forgot that you had a family. Do you have any siblings, or is it just you and your parents?" Monika asked curiously.

"Mhmm," Komi nodded before resorting to typing again. "I have a younger brother. He is a year younger than I am." She answered.

"Oh, cool! You'll have to introduce him sometime." She suggested.

"Mhmm," Komi nodded in agreement. There was a momentary pause in the conversation, and this made her anxious. She needed to find a new topic to keep things going, right? But she couldn't think of anything now. This particular subject had run its course...

She decided to keep things general. It took her awhile to find the right way to phrase what she wanted to say. In the meantime, a waitress came by to take their orders. Monika ordered her food while Komi pointed at what she wanted on the menu. Then she was able to finish typing.

"I'm glad that I was able to run into you today, Monika. How are you doing today?" She asked.

"Oh, ahaha, I'm doing alright. How are you? Did you find what you were looking for at the library?" Monika asked. Komi flinched and her eyes widened; she had forgotten her search for a book. She would have to try again another time now.

"I did not but that's okay. And I am doing well. Thank you for asking." She replied politely.

"Haha, sorry. I guess I pulled you away, huh? What were you looking for?" Monika asked. Komi felt embarrassed by this question but also obliged to answer, since it would like please Monika as president of the Literature Club.

"I was looking for a book to read. I thought it would be nice to recommend something new to the club." Komi answered succinctly. Monika smiled after reading this.

"Aww, that's so nice of you! I'm sure we'd all appreciate that." She commended her.

"Mhmm." Komi nodded again and smiled a little. The waitress came back with their food, so now they began to eat as they conversed.

"Mm, you're not the only one who has been thinking about the Literature Club lately. For some reason it feels like I just can't get it out of my head. I've spent a large part of the summer break planning out club activities and even writing some more poems to share...

"Ahaha, I guess I'm just stressed. Which I'm glad that we ended up running into each other today. I'm glad that I was able to be given a break!" Monika said with a laugh. Komi hummed at this, her expression not changing. She looked down at her phone for a few long moments before typing again.

"You should take better care of yourself." Komi showed Monika the message. Then she immediately felt the urge to retract it, realizing that perhaps it had come off too harsh or demanding. She shook her head and began to panic.

"Heheh...ahaha! You're funny, Komi," Monika giggled again. "But you're right. Thank you. I'll have to do better at being mindful of that. We still have a little bit of summer break left after all." She acknowledged.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude." Komi quickly apologized.

"Oh no you're fine! I appreciate it, really. It's a bit of a bad habit of mine, always trying to stay busy." Monika admitted.

"What do you mean?" Komi asked.

"Ah, well...before I joined the Literature Club, I was doing sports and I was in the debate club. But I was stretching myself too thin trying to keep up with practices and the games while also having to deal with preparing for debates and dealing with the internal conflicts and politics of the other members," Monika recalled, sighing to herself.

"I made the literature club because I wanted to focus more time on myself and something that I'm passionate about – it was something I needed and still need. Since you all have joined, I feel like I've done that, but it isn't just about me either; you're all here because you need that too," Monika stated.

Komi nodded in agreement with this statement.

"So I guess I just...want to do things right this time so this club can be the best it can be for all of you. This matters a lot to me. But that need to keep busy has been nagging me too, and now I feel like I can't be alone with my thoughts, or maybe I don't want to." Monika lamented with another sigh, rubbing her forehead with her fingers.

Komi listened silently at Monika expressed her true feelings. It was a little concerning to see this coming from her. She usually seemed so composed and confident. Seeing her with these worries and anxieties instilled some feelings in Komi that she couldn't quite identify right now.

"I think that you're doing a wonderful job, Monika. You're a very good friend. I hope that you enjoy the rest of your summer break, and if you need any help with anything, I would like to try and provide some assistance. The club has been a good place for me.

"I've never had so many friends before. It gets overwhelming for me sometimes. But I like the club and that you are all supportive of me." Komi wrote for her response. Monika read over this carefully a few times before responding.

"Heh, thanks for sharing that, Komi. You're a good friend too, you know. I'll let you know if anything comes up...after school starts back up." Monika decided, giving her a warm smile.

"Hm...mm." Komi hummed in approval, nodding and smiling in return...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.8K 2.3K 38
Sayori is in love, that's the only explanation there can be to the way she feels about Monika, the most popular and beautiful girl in school. Natsuk...
87.8K 207 5
The newest member of his school's Literature Club, a closeted tickle and foot fetishist, must choose which of the girls in the club to help with a ve...
44.2K 910 29
Doki Doki literature club genderbent! Sayori-Satori Natsuki-Naruki Yuri-Yuki Monika-Moniko Hope you enjoy!
95.4K 1.2K 29
(Your full name/ Y/F/N) is a normal high school boy in S.E.A Academy, he got interested in DDLC and tried playing it, when he opened the game and fi...