Trials of Fire

By Havingfunwithfanfic

Baelon Targaryen broke his younger sister's heart, making her run away to the Vale. Baelon left to travel the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue

Chapter 6

1K 23 2
By Havingfunwithfanfic

Alyssa and Aemma talk. Then is Aemma and Jaehaerys wedding day, Baelon makes his move, but Alyssa does not fall into it completely. Alyssa meets her new lady in waiting. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

                                                         Alyssa Targaryen (16 years old.)

                                                                          Aemma Targaryen (18 years old.)

"How are the preparations for the wedding?" Aemma's smile made Alyssa smile also. "You will be getting married tomorrow and I have barely seen Jaehaerys."

"He has been busy." Aemma and her continued walking down the hall, their kingsguard following at an appropriate distance. "Mama and papa gave us the Stepstones, we will set up our home there. Mama sent several builders, attendants, and maids to fix and clean the castle there. She will also give us a small part of her naval fleet until we can build our own."

"That sounds great." Her sister looked truly happy, it almost looked like she was glowing. "I am only sad that you will be leaving us."

"Not for a long while. The castle at the Stepstones needs a lot of work before we can live there. It will be at least four years before we can leave."

"Well, I will enjoy you as much as I can while you are here," Alyssa smirked. "Well as much as your husband allows me, that is."

"He is very happy about the wedding."

"I am sure he is. There is also the fact that he must be impatient for the wedding night."

"He is very excited about it." Aemma looked around them, then continued speaking in a lower voice. "Is not like it will be the first time."

"What?" Alyssa looked at her sister with wide eyes, while Aemma shushed her. Alyssa looked behind them to make sure the Kingsguards were not listening to them, then lowered her voice. "You and Jaehaerys?"

"Yes, I do not see the point in waiting." Aemma shrugged, while Alyssa looked at her, still in shock. "He will be my husband, I did not want to wait to be with him."

"I am surprised." Alyssa let out a laugh. "I know I should not be, we are talking about you. You were always the most courageous out of all of us. I mean, you are the girl that tamed the cannibal at only five name days old."

"Mama and papa are not aware of this. I do not want to know how papa will react if he finds out."

"I can tell you it will not be good." Alyssa was a little envious of her sister. Aemma had always been audacious, not afraid of anything. She always went after what she wanted and did not allow anyone or anything to stop her. Alyssa wished she could be more like her sister. "I am happy you have found someone that loves you the way Jaehaerys does."

"What about you?"

"What do you mean?"

"I know you have not forgotten Baelon." Aemma shook her head when Alyssa opened her mouth. "I do not mean because he is our brother. You have always loved him, even before you knew what love was."

"Sometimes love dies." Aemma was the only sibling who had not mentioned Baelon, Alyssa believed it was because she was busy with all the preparations for her wedding, apparently, her sister had decided to just wait until Alyssa could not run away. "I believe things will be better once either Baelon or I wed someone else and live far away from each other."

"You want to wed someone else?" Aemma was now the shocked one. "Alyssa, do not do something that will make you miserable for the rest of your life."

"Being with Baelon will make me miserable."

"I do not mean you have to be with Baelon, but do not rush into something just to get away from him." They both reached the gardens and Aemma signaled the Kingsguard so they would stay back. Once they were far away from everyone else Aemma turned back to her. "Alyssa, you have always believed in true love and soul mates, You have always wanted a great love."

"Sometimes love only hurts us in the worst of ways." Alyssa had always been stupid, believing that love could conquer anything. She had been proved wrong. "I believed a lie because I always saw how in love our parents were, how they had to defeat so many obstacles to be together and for mama to reach the throne. Then, I saw Aemond and Deirys, and how in love they were. I have always heard the story of how Deirys and Aemond are soulmates, blessed by the gods. I believed that the gods might have a similar plan for me, that they would send me someone who would love me unconditionally and I believed that Baelon was that man, that he would be with me for the rest of our lives. But it was all a lie, just something I created in my head. I was so stupid to believe that he might love me the same way I loved him."

"I hate that he hurt you this way." Aemma squeezed her hands, her look was sad and angry at the same time. "I hate that he hurt you this way, that you do not longer believe in love the same way you did before."

"Do not feel bad for me." The last thing she wanted was to sadden her sister the day before the wedding. "I will find someone that I can wed and be content with."

"Do not settle for that." Aemma sat down at one of the benches, pulling Alyssa down with her. "You deserve a love that transcends time, that makes you burn. We are Targaryens, being content will not be enough for you."

"I am not saying I will wed tomorrow or even next year." Alyssa gave her sister a reassuring smile. "I was just thinking aloud. Let us talk about something else. I want to know what you plan to do after your wedding. Are you both planning to go somewhere?"

"Yes. Deirys said we could use Dragonstone for a few moons after the wedding." Aemma tilted the head towards the sun, smiling. "I think is a good idea to be alone for a few moons after we are wed. That way we can get used to each other."

"Used to each other?" Alyssa laughed. "Living together your entire lives was not enough to get used to each other?"

"It is not the same." Aemma slapped her arm lightly, giving her a mock glare. "Being wed is different than living together as a family. I also do not want everyone staring at us. I plan to enjoy my husband without people staring and talking about us."

"Well I hope you both have an amazing few moons together, maybe you will be with child once you return."

"I do not think so." Alyssa frowned, but Aemma just shook her head. "I do not want to be with child for at least a few years. I believe there are more than enough children to carry the Targaryen name."

"That is true."

Alyssa enjoyed being with Aemma, her sister did not see things as most women did. She had always been independent and believed women were capable of doing anything a man could do. Their father had always treated all the children equally, he had not made any difference between daughters and sons, well as long as it was about training and their rights. As soon as there was a man involved their father forgot everything and became a completely different person. Aemma had always loved to train with the boys and had dreamed of going into battle and fighting for their kingdom. Now that there was peace and there were no wars, she was happy training and now she would be wed. All their lives were changing at an incredible speed and she was not sure if she liked the changes. In a way she felt like they were all drifting apart, everyone was busy and they barely spent more than a few minutes together.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

                                                             Alyssa Targaryen (Aemma's wedding.)

                                                 Baelon Targaryen (27 years old. Wedding look.)

                                               Aemma Targaryen (Wedding day.)

                                                     Jaehaerys Targaryen (26 years old. Wedding day.)

Alyssa smiled as Aemma walked down the aisle towards her new husband, her father did not look as happy, but he did not look like he was wanting to run away with her sister. Jaehaerys stood at the altar, his eyes were filled with tears as he looked at Aemma. Alyssa could see the love between them, they made a truly great couple. She hoped they would be immensely happy. Alyssa could feel eyes staring at her, she knew exactly who it was. Baelon had not stopped staring at her since she had arrived at the sept. Alyssa was ignoring him, but it was becoming harder and harder and it was annoying her. If he kept doing this, people would start to talk. Every lord and lady that had been invited was present, Alyssa knew the reason why. The lords were attempting to get their sons and daughters betrothed to them. There were two princes and a princess of age that needed to be wedded. She knew that her parents were not going to sell them for a political alliance. The whole of Westeros knew that her mother was the best person to lead the kingdom. Since she had taken the throne, the kingdom had prospered like never before, and there was peace. There was no one better to lead them, her mother was beloved by the people.

Once the ceremony was over everyone clapped as the couple walked out of the sept. She could hear the people cheering as Aemma and Jaehaerys stepped outside. People started to leave and Alyssa stepped back, she did not want to be in the middle of some many people. Once most of them were out of the sept she walked towards the doors when a hand covered her mouth and she was pulled into one of the smaller chambers. Alyssa did not even have time to fight before her back hit the wall. Her eyes widened as she stared at Baelon, he looked at her for a few seconds before taking his hand away from her mouth.

"What do you think you are doing?" She made sure she was not speaking too loudly, but she was sure Baelon could hear the anger in her voice. "Do you have any idea how much trouble I would be in if we were discovered?"

"Oh, you mean like the trouble you would be in if anyone found out you dance in a pleasure house sometimes?" Alyssa just glared at him. "I have not said anything to our parents, I am hoping that you will think about it and realize that you were making a mistake."

"I cannot believe you pulled me in here to talk about the way I spend my time." Alyssa pushed against his chest but was not able to move him. "What I do and do not do has nothing to do with you."

"Of course it does." He grabbed her shoulders, pulling her closer to him. "I will not allow you to keep dancing for men almost naked."

"You are no one to be telling me what to do."

"Oh, byka rūklon (little flower), you will learn that I have more rights than you believed."

Alyssa was about to tell him to go to all the hells, but before she was able to, Baelon lowered his head and licked the seam of her lips, then kissed her. Alyssa was as still as a statue, she did not react. He let go of her arms and wrapped one of his arms around her waist, his other hand tangled in her hair, angling her face so he could take total control of her mouth. Alyssa wished she had more self-control, that she was stronger. She had teased him several times, enticing him, but she had never kissed him. This was the reason why, she had known that as soon as she kissed him he would be able to get the advantage. While Alyssa had kissed a few men, she did not have near as much experience as Baelon. He was a master at this game, which he was proving now. Alyssa's eyes closed and his tongue plundered her mouth. His lips were firm and soft at the same time, they were also warm. His tongue tangled with hers, and she moved closer to him, feeling how hard he was. She wanted the kiss to go on forever, she liked the way he kissed her. She had never been kissed this way, but she would not allow herself to be taken in by him, especially after everything he had done.

Alyssa attempted to pull back, but Baelon did not allow it, his hand fisted in her hair, controlling her movements and drawing her even closer. Alyssa could not help but fall into the kiss once more, in all the feelings he brought to the surface. His kiss was hungry and it overtook all her senses, making her moan and cling to him. After a few seconds, Alyssa was able to get a hold of her senses once more. She waited until Baelon's hold loosened a bit, then was able to get away from him. They were both breathing hard and his lips were swollen, what she hated the most was the triumphant look on his face. Before she could think better of it, her hand shot out and the slap echoed in the room. Baelon's face whipped to the side, and for a moment he just stood there, not doing or saying anything. Once he looked at her she could see the shock in his eyes.

"Do not do that again." She fisted her hands when she noticed how they were shaking, she did not want him to know the effect the kiss had on her. "Do not kiss me, you do not have the right. And if you want to tell our parents what I have been doing then you can tell them, I do not care."

She walked away before he could say anything, or kiss her once more. She climbed into the wheelhouse, attempting to calm herself. She did not know what else to do, she had tried ignoring her brother, but he did not like to be ignored. She had teased him a few times, but only when he intruded in her space. She would not even speak to him if she could help it, and she could not leave again, she had promised her parents and her siblings she would stay. It was not like she had anywhere to go, she could not go back to the Vale, she was too old to be fostered.

Alyssa made it into the feast without people noticing she was late, she talked to a few of the lords and ladies, then took a cup of ale and went out to one of the balconies. She hated being around so many people, even when she danced she made sure she was separated from the public and she would leave as soon as she was done. Alyssa had never liked big crowds, they made her nervous and it felt like anything could happen like she was not safe.

"Here you are." Alyssa turned, smiling at her mother. "I have been looking for you."

"I apologize, I spoke to some of the lords and the ladies, then decided to step outside for some fresh air. You know I do not like big crowds." Her mother caressed her arm, giving her an understanding smile. "Is something the matter?"

"Of course not." Her mother stepped aside and it was the first time Alyssa noticed the girl standing there. Her mother motioned for the other girl and she took a step forward. "Alyssa I wanted to introduce Lady Jesmyn Lannister, she will be your new lady in waiting."

"Is a pleasure to make you acquaintance, lady Jesmyn." Alyssa gave the girl a gentle smile.

"Thank you, princess." The younger girl curtseyed, her smile was friendly. "It is a pleasure and thank you for allowing me to serve you."

One of the first things Alyssa noticed was how beautiful the girl was. She had the traditional Lannister golden hair, but her eyes were more blue than green. Her face was very pretty and she had high cheekbones, pale skin, and a very pleasing voice. Alyssa hoped they would be able to be friends, she never had a friend who was not related to her by blood. Maybe she needed someone from the outside to see things from a different perspective.

                                                                     Jesmyn Lannister (15 years old.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 4.1K 47
In the bloody realm of Westeros, a dark and dramatic tale unfolds. The young daughter of Prince Daemon Targaryen, burdened with a legacy of power and...
19.3K 745 8
on the 10th day of the 6th moon of 81 AC, two targaryens were born, and the world would never be the same. maera and daemon were filled with dragonfi...
36.1K 1.7K 19
"𝑯𝒆 π’Šπ’” 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒇 𝒐𝒇 π’Žπ’š 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕." War made monsters of them all, but it also brought the two second sons together in a flurry of death, love...
72.3K 1.8K 7
𝖳𝗁𝖾 π—€π—‹π–Ύπ–Ύπ—‡π—Œ 𝗐𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾, 𝗒𝖾𝗍 π—Œπ–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—‹π–Ίπ—… π–½π—‚π–Ύπ—Œ. π– π–Ύπ—€π—ˆπ—‡ π—‡π–Ύπ–Ύπ–½π—Œ 𝖺 𝗐𝗂𝖿𝖾. 𝖠𝗇𝖽 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖺�...