Chapter 14

Baelon and Alyssa come up with a plan to get some information from Martyn. Second part they put their plan in march. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

                                                          Alyssa Targaryen (16 years old

                                                          Alyssa Targaryen (16 years old.)

                                                            Baelon Targaryen (27 years old

                                                            Baelon Targaryen (27 years old.)

"Deirys sent a letter today." Alyssa chewed slowly, frowning at Baelon. "She wants us to move faster. Something happened with Jesmyn Lannister that made her think someone is aware of our presence here."
"What?" Alyssa took a sip of her milk with honey, helping her swallow the bread a bit better. "Is Jesmyn alright?"
"Yes, Aenys was able to help her." Baelon sat across from her. "There were two men and they wanted to know where we were. Somehow they knew Jesmyn was your lady."
"So Deirys was correct? Is a Westerosi lord helping Martyn?"
"It appears so." He looked over the letter. "Someone that knows the magistrate Martyn is staying with."
"I do not understand." Alyssa gave Baelon a questioning look. "I am aware Deirys has faceless men working for her. Why does she not have Martyn killed?"
"Because we would not be able to find out who he is working with. Giving the person or people time to regroup and keep planning to take down our family."
"That makes sense." She popped a grape into her mouth, looking around the room before looking back at her brother. "What are we supposed to do now?"
"The magister is having a feast tonight. We will have to find someone to help us get inside the fortress unseen and look around Martyn's chambers, see if we can find anything."
"I remember reading that when the Norvos magistrates have a feast, they hire different forms of entertainment, including dancing girls. I also remember Deirys saying once that Martyn Hightower was attracted to the women of our family, women with the Valyrian look." Baelon's look was apprehensive, but he nodded. Alyssa gave him a bright smile. "Then that is how we can get in. I can be one of the dancing girls. It is perfect, if I am able to seduce Martyn and have him take me back to his chambers I could put something on his drink and we could look around his things."
"There is no way in all the hells I will allow that to happen." Baelon stood up, almost throwing the chair on the ground. "I will not place you in danger just so we can find something against this man."
"Baelon, it is the best solution." She stood up, moving closer to him. "You know I am right. We cannot send in another woman because there is no one we can trust not to betray us. I can do this, I promise."
"It is not because I lack confidence in you. I have seen you dance. I just cannot place you in that kind of danger." He approached her, taking her face in his hands. "What happens if something goes wrong and I cannot get to you in time? I would not be able to forgive myself if something were to happen to you."
"Nothing will happen." She placed her hands on top of his. "We can get you in as a servant, that way you will be able to help me if something goes wrong."
"Alyssa.."
"Baelon." She dragged his face to hers, pressing their foreheads together. "You know I am right. This is our opportunity, we do not know when the magistrate will have another feast. Please, trust me."
Their eyes locked together and she could see all he was feeling. Most of it was fear, she did not like seeing that look in his eyes. Baelon was strong, fearless, and confident, their father always said what a great strategist he was. The war in the Stepstones and the war with the faith had been won thanks to him and Rhaegon. She knew that what scared him the most was that he knew she was right, she was sure he had thought of it first but refused to even say anything about it. He was trying to come up with an idea that would not place her in danger. His hands traveled down her neck, over her shoulders, and down her back, settling on her waist. He moved his head, dragging his lips over her forehead, down the side of her face, until both their lips were just a breath apart, almost touching. His eyes searched hers, he seemed to be looking for something, he seemed to have found it because he kissed the corner of her mouth before taking a step back.
"We will try it your way, but at the first sign of trouble I will drag you out of there."
"I can agree to that." She was excited to think this could be over soon and they would not have to hide inside this mansion any longer. "Now, how are we going to be able to convince them to let us work the feast."
"Do not worry about that." He smiled at her. "I know the man that provides the entertainment for all the magistrates' feasts. He does not love anything more than coin. I will send one of our guards to meet with him in disguise and pay him to have us both work tonight."
"Perfect."
If this worked then they could finally get rid of Martyn and find out who was betraying their family. They might be able to see the rest of the city without having to hide who they were.
*********************************************************************************************************************************************

                                                                  Alyssa Targaryen (Magistrate's feast.)

                                                      Baelon Targaryen (Magistrate's feast

                                                      Baelon Targaryen (Magistrate's feast.)

Baelon was close to losing it and the wig they had placed on his head was not helping his mood. Alyssa and one of the guards had decided that trying to change his appearance a bit would be helpful, so they gave him a wig that looked very real. He was not so fond of it, Baelon had never liked how bothersome long hair was. He had never been able to keep long hair for too long. Another thing not helping his mood was watching Alyssa dancing for other men and watching them salivate after her. Baelon could not help the jealousy that filled him, even if they had agreed to be siblings and friends before they could attempt anything else, he could not help himself. The clothing they had given her could barely be called clothing, it was even more revealing than the last outfit she had been dressed in when he saw her dancing in that pleasure house. She could not help the dress, it was what the person in charge of organizing the feast had provided for her. All the other dancers had been provided with similar clothing.
Right now, Alyssa was dancing for two men, one of them was Martyn Hightower. Baelon could see the lust in the man's eyes as he looked at his sister. He could also see a bit of confusion. Martyn Hightower was not a stupid man, he could tell there was something familiar about Alyssa, but he had not deciphered what as of yet. Baelon had been put to work as one of the guards, the magistrate had requested extra men since he had several people coming from all over the free cities. Baelon made sure to keep his face turned away so he would not be recognized. His hand tensed around the hilt of his sword as he saw Martyn pulled Alyssa aside. He laid back on one of the farthest chaise's occupying the room and said something to his sister, Alyssa started dancing once more. Her body moving slowly and sensually, Martyn licked his lips and his gaze was that of a predator. Baelon hated using his sister like this, even if it had been her idea. Alyssa should not be here being lusted after by these disgusting men. Baelon had seen several of them touch her tonight, her arms, shoulders, her waist, the small of her back, and wanted to rip their arms off and beat them with them.
After a few minutes, Martyn stood up, grabbed Alyssa's waist, pressing her to him. Baelon swore his blood became fire and in that moment he wanted to kill every man in this place. Alyssa laughed, turning her head away as Martyn leaned into her, he kissed her neck and even though she was smiling Baelon could see the disgust in her eyes. He could not take this anymore, he needed to get her out of there. He started moving towards her when something crashed to his right and he turned to see two men fighting. Cups and plates were falling to the ground. Guards were moving closer and Baelon saw the magistrate signaling him to take care of it. He cursed, looking towards Alyssa, who seem to be handling herself well enough. She had gotten herself out of Martyn's hold and was dancing once more. One of the men crashed into him, almost throwing him to the ground. Baelon was able to stop himself from falling while grabbing the man and dragging him out.
"You will all pay for this." The man had clearly drunk too much ale. He was an idiot. "I am a very important man, and my father will make sure you pay for this."
"Maybe your father should have thought you to behave yourself." Baelon pushed the man out of the gates. "Do not return, I am not sure how generous the magistrate will be feeling."
Baelon did not give him a chance to answer, just turned around and walked back inside. He did not feel comfortable leaving Alyssa by herself. When Baelon walked back into the great hall, he signaled the guard in charge. Baelon looked around the room, frowning when he did not see Alyssa. He moved around the drunk people falling over themselves until he was standing at the place he had last seen Alyssa, but she was not there, and neither was Martyn. Baelon looked around the room once more, but could not see her anywhere. He should have never left her alone, he should have never let her come. Now he did not know where she was and she could be in danger. He moved around the edge of the room, trying to look at every face, but neither Alyssa nor Martyn were in the room. Martyn must have taken her to his chambers, which he had no idea where they were. He needed to find her now.