Chapter 3

Alyssa and Deirys have breakfast together and talk. Baelon has a little encounter with Alyssa and realizes a few things. He might be in trouble. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

                                                                    Alyssa Targaryen (16 years old

                                                                    Alyssa Targaryen (16 years old.)

                                                                 Deirys Targaryen (29 years old

                                                                 Deirys Targaryen (29 years old.)

Deirys had invited Alyssa to break her fast with her and Aemond. Their children had already eaten and Aemond had taken them to their classes for the day. Little Daemon and little Aegon had sword training, Rhaelys was with the instructors that had been brought by Deirys to teach her daughters about languages and politics. Daera was also in her class. The other children were in the nursery, they were still too young. Alyssa was happy to be spending time with her oldest sister, Deirys had always been her favorite, apart from Baelon, and now she had no competition.
"How has Visenya been faring?" Deirys took a sip of her juice, before smiling at her. "I have not seen her in a few moons. She has written, but I know she has been busy with her husband and her children."
"She is doing very well, she loves the Riverlands and Harrenhal looks amazing after the restorations she had done." Alyssa smiled, thinking of her other sister. "She is with child once more, she is waiting one more moon before she lets the rest of the family know."
"I am so happy for her, and do not worry, I will not tell anyone before she is ready." Deirys had been looking at her weirdly since Alyssa got to her chambers. "How are you? We have not had a chance to speak since you came back, I am worried about you."
"I am doing very well." Alyssa smiled reassuringly at her sister. "Why are you worried about me?"
"You know why. I still remember how heartbroken you were when you left." Alyssa hated the look in her sister's eyes, she was looking at her like she was a wounded bird and needed to be coddled. "This is the first time you have seen Baelon in three years and I know you are aware of what he was doing while he was away."
"How do you know what he was doing?"
"I do not know if you remember this, but I lived in Essos for four years. I still have friends there." Deirys had left for Essos less than a moon after Alyssa had been born. Alyssa had not met her sister until she was four. "Mama has been worried about you since you left, but I believe she is more worried now that both you and Baelon are under the same roof."
"Why?" Her mother seemed ecstatic that she and Baelon were back. "I believed all she wanted was for us to return home and be near her."
"Yes, but she is worried that Baelon will do something once more to make you run away."
"I am not a child any longer." Alyssa took a sip of her juice, as her sister stared at her with that worried look she had come to hate. "Things between Baelon and I are fine, as long as we stay away from each other and speak the bare minimum."
"Are you ever going to tell me exactly what took place between the both of you?" Deirys leaned forward, placing both arms on the table. "Mama and papa refuse to speak about it, all they said was that Baelon had hurt your feelings and that you needed some time away, they never gave any specific reasons."
"It does matter what took place. It is best if we just forget about it." Alyssa's smile was a bit cynical. "Baelon and I will never be the same as we were before, but it will be better this way."
"I hate that he hurt you."
"Because you cannot have him whipped?"
"There is that." Deirys laughed, shaking her head. "I hate that it was him because he is also my brother. It is hard to hate my own brother, but at the same time I feel as if I should hate him because he hurt my little sister."
"Deirys, I do not expect you to hate Baelon." Alyssa leaned back in her chair. "You should all forget about it. What is done is done, there is nothing anyone can do to fix it and I do not expect any of you to fix it either. If mama is worried about me taking off once more, you can assure her that I do not plan to leave anytime soon."
"Good." Deirys squeezed her hand, smiling at her. "We have all missed you."
Alyssa stayed with her sister for a few more minutes, before leaving her to her work. Deirys was busy helping their mother run the kingdom and Alyssa did not want to be trapped indoors all day long. After leaving Deirys, she took a walk down the halls, she had not been in the Red Keep in years and for the past two days, she had been busy getting all her things organized. Her chambers were back to normal, and all her possession were back where they belonged. Now she wanted to relearn the castle once more, the secret passages that her brothers had shown her as a child. She wanted to relearn everything about her home.
Roars filled the air, making Alyssa stop dead in her tracks, a smile appearing on her face. She ran to the nearest window, smiling as she saw the large red and gold dragon landing in the courtyard, close to the training grounds. Alyssa could see two smaller dragons landing nearby. She lifted the skirt of her gown a bit so she would not trip and ran towards the stairs.
******************************************************************************************************************************************