Trials of Fire

By Havingfunwithfanfic

Baelon Targaryen broke his younger sister's heart, making her run away to the Vale. Baelon left to travel the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue

Chapter 3

1.3K 30 0
By Havingfunwithfanfic

Alyssa and Deirys have breakfast together and talk. Baelon has a little encounter with Alyssa and realizes a few things. He might be in trouble. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

                                                                    Alyssa Targaryen (16 years old.)

                                                                 Deirys Targaryen (29 years old.)

Deirys had invited Alyssa to break her fast with her and Aemond. Their children had already eaten and Aemond had taken them to their classes for the day. Little Daemon and little Aegon had sword training, Rhaelys was with the instructors that had been brought by Deirys to teach her daughters about languages and politics. Daera was also in her class. The other children were in the nursery, they were still too young. Alyssa was happy to be spending time with her oldest sister, Deirys had always been her favorite, apart from Baelon, and now she had no competition.
"How has Visenya been faring?" Deirys took a sip of her juice, before smiling at her. "I have not seen her in a few moons. She has written, but I know she has been busy with her husband and her children."
"She is doing very well, she loves the Riverlands and Harrenhal looks amazing after the restorations she had done." Alyssa smiled, thinking of her other sister. "She is with child once more, she is waiting one more moon before she lets the rest of the family know."
"I am so happy for her, and do not worry, I will not tell anyone before she is ready." Deirys had been looking at her weirdly since Alyssa got to her chambers. "How are you? We have not had a chance to speak since you came back, I am worried about you."
"I am doing very well." Alyssa smiled reassuringly at her sister. "Why are you worried about me?"
"You know why. I still remember how heartbroken you were when you left." Alyssa hated the look in her sister's eyes, she was looking at her like she was a wounded bird and needed to be coddled. "This is the first time you have seen Baelon in three years and I know you are aware of what he was doing while he was away."
"How do you know what he was doing?"
"I do not know if you remember this, but I lived in Essos for four years. I still have friends there." Deirys had left for Essos less than a moon after Alyssa had been born. Alyssa had not met her sister until she was four. "Mama has been worried about you since you left, but I believe she is more worried now that both you and Baelon are under the same roof."
"Why?" Her mother seemed ecstatic that she and Baelon were back. "I believed all she wanted was for us to return home and be near her."
"Yes, but she is worried that Baelon will do something once more to make you run away."
"I am not a child any longer." Alyssa took a sip of her juice, as her sister stared at her with that worried look she had come to hate. "Things between Baelon and I are fine, as long as we stay away from each other and speak the bare minimum."
"Are you ever going to tell me exactly what took place between the both of you?" Deirys leaned forward, placing both arms on the table. "Mama and papa refuse to speak about it, all they said was that Baelon had hurt your feelings and that you needed some time away, they never gave any specific reasons."
"It does matter what took place. It is best if we just forget about it." Alyssa's smile was a bit cynical. "Baelon and I will never be the same as we were before, but it will be better this way."
"I hate that he hurt you."
"Because you cannot have him whipped?"
"There is that." Deirys laughed, shaking her head. "I hate that it was him because he is also my brother. It is hard to hate my own brother, but at the same time I feel as if I should hate him because he hurt my little sister."
"Deirys, I do not expect you to hate Baelon." Alyssa leaned back in her chair. "You should all forget about it. What is done is done, there is nothing anyone can do to fix it and I do not expect any of you to fix it either. If mama is worried about me taking off once more, you can assure her that I do not plan to leave anytime soon."
"Good." Deirys squeezed her hand, smiling at her. "We have all missed you."
Alyssa stayed with her sister for a few more minutes, before leaving her to her work. Deirys was busy helping their mother run the kingdom and Alyssa did not want to be trapped indoors all day long. After leaving Deirys, she took a walk down the halls, she had not been in the Red Keep in years and for the past two days, she had been busy getting all her things organized. Her chambers were back to normal, and all her possession were back where they belonged. Now she wanted to relearn the castle once more, the secret passages that her brothers had shown her as a child. She wanted to relearn everything about her home.
Roars filled the air, making Alyssa stop dead in her tracks, a smile appearing on her face. She ran to the nearest window, smiling as she saw the large red and gold dragon landing in the courtyard, close to the training grounds. Alyssa could see two smaller dragons landing nearby. She lifted the skirt of her gown a bit so she would not trip and ran towards the stairs.
******************************************************************************************************************************************

                                                              Baelon Targaryen (27 years old.)

                                                                Alyssa Targaryen (16 years old.)

Baelon had not been able to sleep very well since he had returned to Kings Landing, being close to Alyssa had messed with his head. He saw her everywhere and could not take her out of his head. At first, he believed it was because he was feeling guilty, but now he was not so sure. Alyssa was haunting him, she was in his thoughts, in his dream. It was not just the way she looked, even if she looked like a goddess, it was also the way she acted. The Alyssa he had known had always been so quiet, sweet, and shy, this Alyssa was a completely different woman. She was still sweet, to everyone else but him. But she was not quiet or shy any longer, the little girl was gone, and in her place was a self-assured and confident woman. He had seen how men acted around her, how they all panted after her like dogs after a juicy piece of meat. He had almost broken a knight's arm when the man had salivated after his sister while training with him. Baelon hated feeling this way, especially because he was aware that his sister hated him.
Baelon had finally given up on sleeping and got out of bed, he looked toward the book he had placed on the table next to his bed, but he had already read that book. After a few minutes of debating what to do, he opened his doors and walked out of his chambers, he signaled the guards stationed outside not to follow him. Once he made sure they would not follow he headed to the the library. It was the hour of the bat, so most people were already sleeping. He entered the library, closing the doors behind him. Baelon stopped, eyes widening when he saw the woman that had been tormenting him sitting on top of one of the largest tables. The white nightgown she was wearing was trimmed with lace, and the straps were thin, leaving her arms bare and her hair loose around her shoulders. Baelon had the urge to run away, he did not want to fight with her, he did not want to hurt her once more.
"I am positive the doors do not need your assistance holding themselves up." Baelon jumped when he heard her voice, she had not looked up from her book. "Do not worry, I do not bite."
"I did not believe you would bite." He took a few steps closer to her. "I did not want to bother you."
"You do not bother me." Alyssa turned a page over, still not looking at him. "You can pick a book, I promise I will not say anything."
Baelon hated how cold she was with him, how detached. She ignored him most of the time unless she was forced to speak to him and when she did speak it was only a few words. He had seen how she acted around other people, how sweet and caring she was. Visenya, Xanner, and their children had arrived earlier today and she had been glowing with happiness. She had played with the children and she had hugged Visenya like she had not seen her in years, Baelon knew she saw Visenya every few weeks. Both women were close enough to visit each other every few days. She had reacted to Visenya's arrival like she used to react to him, he hated he was the reason why she was so cold towards him. He missed his little sister, the girl that would smile every time she saw him, that would hug him, and like to spend time with him. They used to play all kinds of games together, but now she could not bring herself to look at him. Baelon moved closer to where she was, Alyssa had chosen to sit on top of the table, her legs were crossed at the ankle, her delicate feet resting on the chair in front of her.
"Alyssa, I have been meaning to speak to you." She hmmed but did not lift her head. "I have been meaning to apologize."
"For what?"
"For what happened all those years ago." He felt the need to shake her when she just hmmed but still did not look up. She turned another page in her book. "Alyssa, please, I just need you to hear me."
"I am listening to you."
"No, you are not." Baelon was tired of this, he walked up to her and took the book from her hands. Alyssa stared at her empty hands for a moment before looking up at him. Her eyes were not friendly. "I was an idiot and I was cruel, you did not deserve that."
"I did not, but you did not seem to care."
"Of course, I cared." Baelon moved until he was standing in front of her, only a few inches separating them. "I have always cared about you, Alyssa."
"I could tell." Her smile was mocking and he hated it. "Especially during the past three years, when you were fucking your way across the free cities and could not be bothered to even sent a letter. You did not discriminate. But then I heard all those women were beautiful, or so I am told."
"Alyssa, that is no.."
"As the years passed and I kept changing, men started to notice me. They would tell me constantly how beautiful I was and how much they wanted me." Alyssa hooked a leg around his waist, taking him by surprise and dragging him to her, their bodies plastered to each other. Their faces were a few inches apart. "I did enjoy their compliments. After all, what woman does not like to be told how beautiful she is? I let a few of the men kiss me, I wanted to know what it felt like."
"Do not."
She ran a hand down his naked chest, and he felt his body hardened against his will. She was playing with fire and all he could think was that he would be happy to burn with her.
"I was supposed to be yours, since I was a small child I knew you were meant for me. And then once I learned what desire was all I was thinking about was you." Baelon could not move, his body was completely frozen. Alyssa moved until their faces were inches apart, their breaths mingling together. Baelon had never wanted to kiss someone as much as he wanted to kiss the woman in front of him. Alyssa moved her lips touching the corner of his mouth, dragging along the side of his face, moving to his ear, and biting his ear lobe gently. Baelon was not ashamed to admit he whimpered. "I thought about your lips, kissing my skin. I thought about your hands, moving along my body." She took one of his hands, placing it between her breasts, dragging it down her body over her belly, and to the apex of her thighs. "I thought of you taking me, thrusting into my body, bringing both of us pleasure."
Baelon's breath had sped up until he was almost hyperventilating, he had never been so hard or wanted someone so much. She was driving him out of his mind, he wanted to take her, possess her. He wanted to crawl into her and never leave.
"Alyssa." Baelon's hand tightened on her thigh and the moan she let out almost drove him to the brink. "I..."
"But those dreams are dead. You made sure to kill them." Before he could react she removed his hand from her thigh, and pushed him away. She jumped off the table and the smile she gave him chilled him to the bones. "Baelon, you were always my protector, until the day you turned on me. You have no idea the damage you did, it took me years to recover. You might want me now, but you will never have me. I will never belong to you."
Baelon swallowed, unable to say anything as he watched her grab her book and walk out of the library. He ran a hand through his hair, trying to calm himself down. She was right, he had no idea the damage he had done to her, but he was starting to think that it was way more extensive than he had believed at first. For the first time, Baelon was not sure if she would ever forgive him. 

                                                                        (Red Keep library.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.9K 1.3K 52
"And everything's easier way out west Wholly mad and half undressed I love the way it always feels to miss you I tell all my friends every thing you...
79.4K 2.4K 44
The younger sister of Daenarys Targaryen, Alyssays (Aly) was born at the end of Roberts rebellion, just hours before she and her siblings had to be s...
72.4K 1.8K 7
𝖳𝗁𝖾 π—€π—‹π–Ύπ–Ύπ—‡π—Œ 𝗐𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾, 𝗒𝖾𝗍 π—Œπ–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—‹π–Ίπ—… π–½π—‚π–Ύπ—Œ. π– π–Ύπ—€π—ˆπ—‡ π—‡π–Ύπ–Ύπ–½π—Œ 𝖺 𝗐𝗂𝖿𝖾. 𝖠𝗇𝖽 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖺�...
73.6K 3.5K 36
Lucerys Velaryon is born a girl and things become a bit more complicated, especially when Aemond starts taking an interest in his niece. Some things...