The Sun Shines Bright

By Millie_Kalypso

School Is Bad, but maybe it can get better for the both of them or worse. This book goes through the lives of... More

Last Day of Summer
First Day of School
School
Lunch
The Other Last Day of Summer
The Other First Day of School
Back to your regularly scheduled lunch
Blaze's Music Class
Amy's Art Class
Together Again
All Together Now
The Way Home
Home Again, Home Again
At the End of the Day, the Sun Hides.
A New Day
Everything is fine
A Total Nervous Wreck of a Day
A total nervous wreck of an Art Class
The End of The (school) day
Another Day Finished
Before You Start Your Day
Today is a good day?
An F in Art makes Fart
Pass the Day Away
It didn't go well.
Today is a Day
A Good Day?
On a Hill Together
A Sunny Day
Monday again
Three is a Trio, Four is a Team
Obvious
Girl(s)
Two pairs
First, Second, and Last
Everyday Everyday Everyday Everyday Everyday Everyday Everyday Everyday
Block It Out
Walk me through it
Luxury Loneliness
Pretender
Together
Morning
What Do We Do Now?
Teasing For Two
Boo
Something Halloweeny
It's Halloween
Haunted House
Novemberish
A Silver Focused Chapter
Quitter
Surfaces
Another Word For Repetitive
TIMES
Your Favorite Color
Sharing is Caring
Mental Strength isn't the same as Physical Strength
The Perfect Day
We're back here again
There's a reason for the Thanksgiving Season
Americ anThanksgiving
Parents
Simple Questions
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Noel
I Miss Her.
How can you deal with this
Why did you have to go and mess up everything?
Why does this keep happening to me? Let's hope this is the last time.
Back to School after Everything.
You don't deserve forgiveness.
Helping Amy's Grandmother Move

Wait a Minute

2 0 0
By Millie_Kalypso

                 "Are you sure this looks fine?" Blaze twirls around in a dress she put on while Cream looks board at her.

                 "Blaze. For the tenth time it does. Why are you even so worked up about this?"

                 "I want it to be perfect, okay? No room for mistakes." She punctuates the sentence with a hand swipe.

                 "Oh no, perfectionist Blaze is out again." Cream says with and eye roll and a sly smile directed at her sister.

                 "I'm not a perfectionist. Can't I want thing to go well?"

                 "Yes. But you just said you wanted everything to be perfect."

                 "...you're not helping, get out of my room." Blaze picks up Cream and puts her outside the door.

                 "Hey this is my room too!" Cream says while banging on the door.

                "Mom, this isn't a date." Blaze says sitting across from Vanilla. The latter which has a knowing smile on her face.

                "Hard to tell, with how you were worrying about your outfit."

                "I worry about my outfit... sometimes."

                "Hey, no judgment here." Vanilla says then takes a sip of her coffee.

                 Blaze shrugs it off and continues getting ready for her day. Doing anything she can to prepare for this outing with her friend. They've already planned everything out. Finally, Amy arrives.

                 "Wow I came undressed"

                 "What, no. You look great!" Blaze affirms to her.

                 "Really? Thanks. Um, hello" Amy waves to Cream and Vanilla who are right behind Blaze, both of which wave back.

                 "Nice to meet you, sweetie." Vanilla comes up and shakes Amy's hand. This makes her confused but she takes her hand and shakes it still. Amy looks around.

                 "So you want to go now?"

                 "U-uh, yeah."

                 Amy and Blaze leave the house. Both of them waved bye to Vanilla and Cream. When they leave Vanilla laughs and Cream's face turns into a deflected one.

                 "She says me and Marine are hopeless."

                 "You two still are honey."

                 "MOM!"

                 "It's nice to see this town. We came past it on the moving day to our house"

                 "When did your family move here?"

                 "In the middle of summer, sometime in July."

                 "Why did your family move?"

                 "Something about being tired of New York and stuff, didn't really get much out of them"

                 "Do you not talk to your parents much?"

                 "More like they aren't at the house most of the time"

                 "Where are they instead?"

                 "Right Now? At a party, I think for someone's birthday, that's all I was told before they left again"

                 "What about before that?"

                 "More parties, differing parties"

                 "Do your parents have jobs?"

                 "They did, they retired a bit ago"

                 "Huh, weird."

                 "Everyone seems to think so" that makes Blaze sputter out a laugh which makes Amy laugh.

                  "This Ice Cream tastes nice" Amy says sitting across from Amy on a picnic table outside eating ice cream.

                  "It's very good, I've had this ever since I was a small child."

                  "How have you lived here?"

                  "My entire life, 16 whole years."

                  "I lived in New York most of my life, Just moved to a different spot every few years"

                  "Okay, so did you reside more in the city or in the more rural areas?"

                  "Depended but mostly in the more rural parts, but sometimes in the city"

                  "Alright."

                  "Does your family travel much?"

                  "No, only reason we even leave the state is because of family."

                  "Wow, my family travels a lot."

                  "Where too?"

                  "Well my family went to California, Michigan, and Florida. Largely for work, so I was left alone..."

                   "Oh..."

                   "Yeah mostly for business and my parents go far away sometimes. They seemingly remain in at the least the US now but still they go to a lot of places"

                    "...why do they-"

                    "This ice cream tastes really good, thanks for inviting me Blaze!" Amy says interrupting Blaze with a panicked look on her face.

                     "Your welcome..." Blaze says with a bad feeling in her head about Amy's parents and what they're responsible of.

                    "Walking around your town is fun!"

                    "Thanks."

                    "What should we do next?"

                    "...Do you like libraries?"

                    "Do I EVER"

                    Amy and Blaze walk into the library. As soon as Amy sees it, she practically dashes into it after taking Blaze's hand. They go into it and start checking out books. In all the nooks and crannies of the library. Going up and down the stairs, looking for books old and new. Taking in all of the atmosphere of the rustic old library.

                    "I've been going to this ever since I was the little kid."

                    "Wow, has it changed at all?"

                    "Not a bit."

                    Blaze and Amy wonder around the library and read books. Talk to each other about their all time favorites, what books they had to read in school, and how much they like to read. Different questions about books to each other. Quizzing each other on books and any possible things they can read or do in the library. Going threw everything. Anything possibly. Living through the books and allowing them to live and be read. They stay there for a while. A long time. Just reading and hanging out with each other. Enjoying the silence and each others company.

                    They leave not checking out anything. The librarian would have been probably annoyed if anyone else actually came in. So they leave and talk about anything else that comes to mine. Walking and Talking. They keep doing things and walking in talking. Then the evening hits. Amy's still happy, she told Blaze she can do whatever she wants all day. So Blaze has her for as long as she needs. Blaze has to show Amy something.

                    Blaze has just one more thing, one last trick up her sleeve that Amy didn't plan with her, she planned it all by herself. Amy has no idea. A special surprise. A last minute detour. A final goodbye to the day in a sort of way. Something that Amy can truly remember. That's what she thinks at least. So she takes Amy's hand, to the latters surprise and runs for the hills, leaving the rest of the town behind in the dust.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 138 23
Amy Rose was broken, completely shattered as her reality crumbled in front of her. Now cold and alone, his fierce flame became her new reality, While...
3.5K 593 38
"It's okay to love them both." She was a good girl. He was a good boy. His brother was the bad boy. ♡ Amy is your...
54.2K 2K 20
Strangers, Acquaintances, Casual Friends, Close Friends, Intimate Friends ... Lovers? This story will follow the growing friendship between Shadow a...
15.3K 363 26
It's 5th grade, and Amy moves away when Sonic begins to bully her to an extreme extent. 11th grade rolls around and she returns to the city and atten...