From The Shadows || TMNT 2012...

By fannogomi

*This series is set in the 2012 version but does not follow the canonical timeline; this series will have man... More

OC FILE
Prologue
Chapter 1. The Sleepover
Chapter 2. Through the Sewers
Chapter 3. Doctor Noah Colonley
Chapter 4. Brainwashed
Chapter 5. Breakfast
Chapter 6. Into the Dark
Chapter 7. The Master's Will
Chapter 8. Glow-In-The-Dark Stars
Chapter 9. A Blessing
Chapter 10. The Formula
Chapter 11. The Hole in the Wall
Chapter 12. The Puzzle
Chapter 13. Noah's Message
Chapter 14. A Curse
Chapter 15. Evil
Chapter 16. Tension
Chapter 18. A Couple of Hours
Chapter 19. The Escape
Chapter 20. The Man in the Hood
Chapter 21. Takao's Origins
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 17. The Garden

2K 105 43
By fannogomi

     The turtles' routine remained relatively the same over the next couple of days. April and Carrie would train with Master Splinter, making incredible progress, and when their session was finished they'd make a habit of going out. They were only able to go out if it was still daylight. Some days of training took longer. On the days where they could complete their lessons quickly, they'd be gone until nightfall. The turtles wondered where they ran off to mostly every day but they never asked- mostly because they didn't have time -and Carrie and April never talked about it.

     In their free time, the turtles discussed plans to proceed in sabotaging Shredder's plans. They had no leads and no idea what to do about it. Noah was in Japan, in Foot custody, Carrie had no clue about her powers or how to use them, and the only clue in Noah's house was that box. The whole situation was certainly frustrating.

     Training had just ended for everyone, including Carrie and April. It was already late, so Carrie and April couldn't head out like they usually did. The two friends ate their dinner in the kitchen while the brothers ate in Donatello's lab to continue drafting a plan. Carrie and April wanted to visit their garden in the evening since they got everything set up. They agreed to ask the turtles if they could go tonight. Perhaps all of them could go. The girls both agreed it was in the turtles' best interest to relax and take a break.

     "Oh, I have an idea!" Mikey says, raising his hand. "Why don't we just go straight to Shredder's creepy little lab area where Baxter Stockboy works? All sneaky-like."

     Donnie taps his chin. "That actually isn't a bad idea. Certainly, any intel Shredder gets from Noah or other sources would be transmitted to his lab so that Dexter Flyboy can analyze it."

     "That's a very big if though," Leo points out.

     Raph shrugs. "So what? If there's nothing there, we leave and beat up Baxtor Bughead on the way out. Then we know Shredder is just as stuck as we are and doesn't have any info."

     "Unless he's keeping it somewhere else," Leo says. "Shredder's lab is deep in his lair. It seems too risky to run a mission down there when we may not have to."

     "Well we can't wait around hoping to find something that'll perfectly lay out all of Shredder's plans," Donnie says. "We're going to have to make some risky moves. We got lucky eavesdropping on the video call Shredder had with Noah and finding the box in Noah's office."

     "I thought you didn't believe in luck, D?" Mikey questions.

     "I don't!" Donnie exclaims. "We aren't getting anywhere just casually hanging around the Foot's lair. We have to take some risks and go on an actual mission."

     "I know, I know," Leo says. "I just don't know if this is how we should go about it."

     Raph rolls his eyes. "What happened to our fearless leader, huh? What happened to you wanting to do anything it took to figure this little mystery out and help Carrie out?"

     Leo sighs. "That was before we had any idea of the kind of power Carrie has. If we mess up, it could seriously ruin everything for her. If we fail, it could put her in even more danger."

     "So then we don't fail. Simple as that," Raph says.

     "Take this seriously, Raph. Do you not unders-"

     "I have the solution," Donnie says. He leans back in his chair, grinning. He always had solutions and he took pride in that. "If I can get to Baxter Stockman's supercomputer in Shredder's lab, I can hack into their system. That way we can see if there were any transmissions from Japan and we'll have access to any future transmissions."

     Mikey frowns. "Dude. You called him his real name."

     "My bad. I meant Buxton Bugbrain."

     Mikey's frown turns into a wide smile. "Thank you."

     "I'd say that's worth the risk," Raph says.

     Leo nods. "Easier said than done, though. If-"

     April and Carrie burst into the lab, cutting the leader off and turning all attention onto themselves. Carrie was timider and silently followed April into the room. She let April do the talking.

     "Hi, there buds!" April says. "How ya guys doing?"

     "Good," Donnie responds. His brothers knew the conversation they had just had completely gone out the door to him. "What are you up to, April?"

     "Oh, nothing much. Just finished dinner." April smiles. "I got a question for you guys."

     "What is it?" Donnie asks.

     "Carrie and I were wondering if you four would be cool with us going out tonight?"

     Leo crosses his arms and shakes his head. "No way."

     April pouts. "Come on! Why not?"

     "Because it's dangerous," Leo says.

     "But you four could come with us! We'll show you where we hang out!"

     "I'll go with you guys," Donnie volunteers. He stands, joining April and Carrie.

     "The rest of you should come too. You all could use a break."

     Leo shakes his head once again. "We were just in the middle of coming up with a-"

     "I'm in!" Mikey asserts. "Sounds like a party!"

     Raph groans. He so badly didn't want to go but he wasn't about to stay here with Leo while his brothers go out and have fun without him. "I'm in too," he grumbles.

     Leo's arms fall to his sides. His face expresses disbelief in his brothers. "Seriously, guys? Don't you know how dangerous this is? We should-"

     "You can spare one night, Leo," April says.

     The leader sighs. He grudgingly decides to join the rest of them. Leo knew his brothers weren't going to follow his orders. It's best Leo joins them instead of staying behind. There was some truth in the saying "safety in numbers," after all. Besides, if anything grave did happen, he could be there to prevent any harm that may come to his brothers, April, and especially Carrie.

     The team made their way through the sewers and up towards the surface. April and Carrie led the brothers down the route they took to get to the garden. The turtles climbed up to the rooftops while the girls stayed on the ground. Carrie wasn't ready to jump across the tops of buildings and nothing could persuade her to even try yet.

     A few minutes later and they arrived at the garden. The turtles cautiously climbed down the building they were on and joined the girls at the back door. They looked around constantly, making sure no one was watching.

     It was dark inside the building but April quickly changed that. She flipped on all of the string lights she and Carrie had put up. The garden illuminated, revealing to their turtle friends just how beautiful this place was. They all awed and gasped in unison. This certainly wasn't what they were expecting.

     April and Carrie ran over to the tree where they had laid blankets and pillows in front of it.

     "Welcome!" April announces. She pats the blanket, signaling the turtles to come to join them.

     "How did you guys find this place?" Donnie asks. He shakes his head. "No. How is this possible?"

     "There's literally a tree growing in the middle of our dojo, dude. In the sewers. That's crazier than this place," Mikey says.

     Carrie smiles. "My dad bought it when I was just a baby. He cleaned it up. I don't know how he made this all possible."

     "Yeah," April says. "Carrie and I hung out here all the time when we were kids. So we spruced it up and added all this cool stuff over the past couple of days."

     "It looks awesome!" Donnie exclaims, sitting next to April. His brothers sit around the blanket, their eyes wandering around all the pretty plants and pretty lights.

     "It's better than awesome, dudettes!" Mikey throws his arms up in the air. "It's magical! It's whimsical! It's-"

     "It's relaxing," Raph mumbles. He leaned his head against the tree and closed his eyes. The tension between himself and Carrie remained so he hadn't wanted to say anything about this place, to begin with. Raph felt the need to keep up the attitude but he couldn't help but compliment the area. Besides, April had helped too, so really he was complimenting April. Either way, it made Carrie happy that he thought kindly about it.

     They all talked amongst themselves. It was a nice break from their regular lives. The turtles hardly ever got to just sit and relax and talk about life. Of course, Mikey quickly got bored. He stood up and began to frolic around the grass, as one does, leaving the others to continue their conversations.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 757 18
Separated from her sister shortly after their father died, Y/N O' Neil learned to adapt to the NYC way, living a dangerous and shady life for 16 year...
435K 16K 66
❝𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴.❞ ━━━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖'𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓 ✦⋆ the stars alight your ...
7.9K 87 15
Oneshots of Bayverse TMNT because they don't get enough love. Indicator for main turtle or character(s); Leo- 💙 Raph- ❤️ Donnie- 💜 Mikey- 🧡 other...
6.9K 122 20
!! Rated 5/5 and HIGHER! #1 IN TMNTLEO TAG 6/1/24 + #66 IN APRIL TAG --|Description: Y/N L/N, a young robotics engineer, transferred to New York City...