𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐮𝐥...

By _venus_sagittarius_

𝐀 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 [𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐎𝐧𝐞 - 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞] [𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐰 𝐃�... More

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐓𝐰𝐨
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

360 12 0
By _venus_sagittarius_

Bellatrix's outfits:

Car ride -

Horse Riding -

Evening dinner - 

Matthew drove down a simple road with wine vineyard on either side smiling down at Bellatrix, who was asleep using Mathew's coat as a blanket before driving into a town. "Do the villagers know about you?" Diana asked looking out of the window.

"Yes. Like witches, vampires are always safer when they're in a community." Matthew answered.

"Is your mother expecting us?" Diana asked.

"Yeah." Matthew answered before pulling up to a castle like home. Turning off the engine, getting out of the car and walking to the passenger side, opening the door and shaking Bellatrix. "Bellatrix, we're here." He said as Bellatrix got out of the car, rubbing her eyes. "Diana. Bellatrix. This is my mother. Ysabeau de Clermont." Mathew introduced as they climbed the steps. "Well? Shall we go inside or continue the greetings out here? After you."

"You might have shown some consideration, Matthew." Ysabeau said as she showed the house to the guests.

"I thought you prided yourself on being a radical." Matthew said.

"I have never been a radical. Change is overrated."

"Thank you for having us in your home." Bellatrix said as they walked into the living room/dinning room area.

"Encantada." Ysabeau greeted.

"She's pleased to meet you." Matthew said noticing Diana's and Bellatrix's confused faces.

"Of course, she speaks only English and New French." Ysabeau said, almost insulting them. "Modern warmbloods are so poorly educated."

"Mattieu!" A woman greeted warmly as she walked into the room.

"Ah, Marthe." Matthew greeted as he hugged the woman.

"Cosi anatz?" She asked.

"Hmm, va plan merces. Et tu?" Matthew asked.

"Aital, aital." Marthe said.

Diana leaned over to Bellatrix with a smug smile. "Do you like it when he speaks french?" Diana asked with a faked innocence noticing Bellatrix's smile.

"Diana, shut up!" She said causing Diana to chuckle.

"This is my friend, Diana. And Bellatrix." Matthew said gesturing to the pair of women. "Marthe has been with our family for centuries. Thank you. She needs some rest. It's been a long journey."

"I'll make up their rooms." Ysabeau said.

"No, I'll do it. She'll be sleeping in my tower. Diana can sleep in the room next to mine." Matthew said before leading the girls to their rooms, first Diana, then he lead Bellatrix into the tower. "You need to get some sleep." Matthew said making the bed as Bellatrix stared out of the room.

"You must be tired to." Bellatrix said.

"Oh, vampires don't sleep often. Not in the same way you warmbloods do." Matthew said.

"Your mother doesn't want me here." Bellatrix said as she moved to sit on the bed.

"It's been a long time since anyone other than family has visited Sept-Tours. Not since my step-father Philippe's death." Matthew explained.

"What happened to him?" Bellatrix asked.

"He was killed. During World War Il." Matthew replie before moving towards the door. "I'll be downstairs. Just...call me if you need anything."

☯︎

Diana walked into the room Bellatrix was occuping with her phone in her hands before shaking Belatrix awake, who shot up with a gasp. Diana moved to sit on the bed with her phone on speaker while Bellatrix rubbed her eyes. "Hello." Diana said.

"Diana, your ringtone's changed. Where are you?" Sarah asked.

"Oh, we had to leave Oxford." Bellatrix said.

"What? Why?"

"Peter Knox threatened us." Diana anwered.

"I think it was right for you to leave. He harassed your parents too." Emily asked. "Honey, where are you?"

"I'm with Matthew." Bellatrix aswered.

"Where's he taken you?" Sarah asked.

"To his mother's house. In France." Diana answered.

"His mother? Ysabeau de Clermont?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah." Diana said.

"You know her?" Bellatrix asked.

"Listen to me very carefully. You need to get out of there...now. She has destroyed entire covens. In the '50s and '60s, South America...dozens of witches lost their lives, many of them elderly." Sarah explained.

"Why would she do that?" Bellatrix asked.

"Why? Because she's a witch killer. Come home now, Diana, Bellatrix." Sarah demanded worriedly.

☯︎

Peter Knox called the meeting causing every representive to quicky get to Rome, Italy. "I bring this meeting to order. Peter Knox has called this emergency session."

"Thank you." Peter said before standing in the middle of the chanmber. "On behalf of the witches...I formerly request the assistance of this chamber. Congregation rules have been broken."

"By whom?" Baldwin asked.

"Matthew de Clermont." Peter answered. "Your brother has abducted a shapeshifter and a witch."

"As you can see, he's been stalking her. And now she's disappeared from her rooms." Peter said before pulling out his phone and sending information to the others. "No doubt abducted by Matthew de Clermont. Your father set up the Congregation to avoid drawing human attention to us and to keep peace amongst the species. Your brother has broken that peace."

"If this is true, then I'm afraid Matthew must be brought to account." Gerbert said.

"What I don't understand is why he'd want to do it." Agatha said.

"The lineage is distinguished, isn't that right? Is either of them powerful?" Baldwin asked.

"No." Satu answered. "She was tested as a child. So if she did have the power, it would have come up then."

"Bellatrix is a strong shapeshifter but that is because I pushed her to be but other than that Matthew De Clermont wouldn't abduct her for that reason." Clarissa said.

"No, we're straying from the point, which is, where is she and how are you going to get them back?" Peter asked.

"Yes, but they are the only creatures who has found The Book Of Life." Baldwin said.

"Is that true?" Agatha asked.

"Peter has failed to provide us with the full facts, as usual." Baldwin said.

"Take that back!"

"Oh, come on, we all know you lie like thieves." Clarissa said.

"If either of them found the book, they must bring it here to us." Agatha said.

"They doesn't have The Book Of Life. But they does know how to retrieve it." Peter said.

"Peter, why are you threatening and following my daughter?" Clarissa said.

"And you were going to keep that information to yourself?" Gerbert said.

"At least I haven't snatched her like Matthew de Clermont." Peter said.

"It belongs to all of us, Peter!" Agatha argued.

"It could solve all of our problems." Clarissa argued.

"Enough!" aldwin exclaimed, ceasing all arguemens. "My brother does have the witch. He's taken her to Sept-Tours. We will send a Congregation representative and he will hand them over for investigation."

☯︎

"Does your mother use the whole house?" Diana asked.

"Well, she used to. Now most of it's closed up." Matthew replied. "That used to be Philippe's office."

"I know you told me he died in the Second World War." Bellatrix said.

"Then Ysabeau spent the next few decades wiping out covens in South America. I remember my aunts telling me that some witches worked with the Nazis." Diana said.

"They played a part in his death." Bellatrix said.

"Yes." Matthew said before turning to Diana. "But that has nothing to do with you."

"For her it does." Diana said staring at Matthew.

☯︎

Bellatrix sat on a white house wearing the proper horse riding gear while Matthew stnds to the right of her tightening some straps. "Her name's Rakasa. My mother used to ride her, but, er...She has a quieter horse now." Matthew said.

"What's her name mean?" Bellatrix asked.

"Nar Rakasa's Arabic. It means fire dancer." Matthew answered.

"Let's see you dance then." Bellatrix said smiling before pulling on the reins making Rakasa gallop faster and with a wide smile Matthew followed after her.

"Slow down!" Matthew called making Bellatrix laugh.

"No!" Bellatrix laughed.

Matthew and Bellatrix rode back to the estate, returning the horses back to the sables before walking around the estate. "You know, your mother's right. We should go home. I don't want you to feel responsible for me and your mother does not want me or Diana here."

"Her bark's worse than her bite." Matthew said.

"Well, maybe, but Sarah's right. I...I should be with them. And the Madison coven, they can protect me and teach me." Bellatrix said.

"You can't go back to Madison. It's not safe amongst the witches." Matthew said.

"I'm not going to go into hiding my whole life. I have to face Knox at some point, Matthew."

"It's not just about Knox. The photographs of Diana's parents. They were staged...to make it look like a fear of devil worship, but I examined them. Underneath the debris there was a chalk circle. A witches' circle. Diana's parents weren't killed by humans. Diana's parents were killed...by witches." Matthew explained causing a tear to run down Bellatrix's cheek. "I'm sorry."

"They were like a second set of parents." Bellatrix said before walking way, rubbing her eyes.

"Bellatrix."

☯︎

Bellatrix walks around the place before noticing Ysabeau sitting in Philippe's office. "Didn't my son warn you not to move from his tower?" Ysabeau asked.

"Yes."

"You should listen to him." Ysabeau said.

"This was your husband's office." Bellatrix said walking around the room curiously.

"It's still his office. It always will be." Ysabeau said angrily.

"How exactly did he die?" Bellatrix asked.

"How dare you ask me that?" Ysabeau said leaning forward dangerously.

"Two people, who were like a second set of parents were murdered. By witches." Bellatrix said. "I'm a shapeshifter."

"With witch power it seems." Ysabeau said raising an eyebrow. "Who are capable of anything."

"There is good and evil in every species. They were the best. And I'm a shapeshifter...who's willing to make up my own mind despite the stories I've heard about you." Bellatrix said.

"Why were they killed?" Ysabeau asked.

"I don't know." Bellatrix said, whispering slightly.

"Whoever did it, make them pay. It doesn't take the pain away. But it helps." Ysabeau suggested.

☯︎

Diana and Bellatrix sit at the table opposite Ysabeau with Matthew sitting at the head of the table. Diana sat on the left of Bellatrix with Ysabeau in front of her her while Matthew sits on the left of her. "Do all vampires love red wine like you do?" Diana asked.

"Actually, most vampires drink a lot more than we do." Matthew answered. "Our family's known for its restraint."

"With regard to wine perhaps." Marthe said as she poured a glass of wine for Diana.

"It doesn't have the same effect on us as it does on warmbloods." Ysabeau said.

"Thank you for letting me ride Rakasa." Bellatrix said.

"She's too wilful for my liking. Fiddat's more biddable. As I get older, I find that quality admirable in horses." Ysabeau said.

"And in sons." Matthew said as she took a sip of wine.

After dinner, Matthew moved to the fireplace to light the fire as Diana and Bellatri sat on one couch while Marthe and Ysabeau sat on the other.  "You didn't need to light that for us." Bellatrix said smiling.

"It's good to have a fire. We haven't had one in that grate for too long." Ysabeau said.

"This is a wonderful room for a party." Diana said glancing around the room.

"We used to celebrate Christmas in here." Ysabeau said. "We'd invite all the villagers, the family would come too. Do you remember, Matthew? Louisa would dance with anyone and everyone."

"You didn't exactly hold back." Matthew said as he wound the gramaphone casing Tuxedo Junction by Glenn Miller to play bfore turning to Ysabeau. "Maman. Voles dancar amb ieu?" Matthew asked offering his hand.

"Oc." Ysabeau said before the mother and son duo started to dance.

Matthew changed the music, to Tango Por Una Cabez by Carlos Gardel, as Ysabeau sat back down on the couch. "I'm not sure you'd like this one." Matthew said to Marthe before turning to Bellatrix, taking off his tie and undoing his collar. "Come on. Your turn." Matthew said holding his hand out to Bellatrix.

"I'm not a dancer." Bellatrix whispered.

"Neither am I. Come on, just give it a try." Matthew said pulling her up from the chair. " I am not exactly a great dancer either but it could be fun."

"That's not true." Bellatrix said.

"All right. The secret is, go back on this one to start off with. Pretty good." Matthew complimented.

"Let him lead!" Ysabeau said watching the pair awkwardly dance. "Your dance, at least."

Matthew dipped Bellatrix as the piano dropped before pulling her up before spinning her away. "Come on, spin. To me." Bellatrix spun back into Matthew's arms before they dance back towards the other side of the room before Matthew twirled Bellatrix. Matthew leaned Bellatrix against his leg as he leaned back before twirling Bellatrix again and the pair started twirling around the room again. Matthew stepped away from Bellatrix when he noticed her glowing. "My God. Bellatrix. Extraordinary."

☯︎

"That's the first time I've seen you enjoying your magic." Matthew said as they pair walked around the grounds.

"I'm glad it's happening when I'm with you." Bellatrix said. Matthew stopped walking causing Bellatrix to halt in step, Matthew turned around staring at Bellatrix before rushing towards her, pulling her into a deep, passionate kiss.

"What spell have you put on me?" Matthew asked softly staring at Bellatrix with a smile.

"Will you please tell me about William Harvey?" Bellatrix asked as they continued to walk around the grounds.

"Well...It's not a particularly interesting story."

"Well, maybe not to you, but to this scientific historian it is the closest thing I'll get to meeting the man that discovered that the heart is a pump." Bellatrix said as they walked through a set of stone archs when Matthew suddenly stopped walking.

"Matthew."

"Domenico. It's been years." Matthew greeted.

"When was the last time? In Ferrara? We were both fighting the Pope. I was trying to save Venice. You, the Knights Templar. "

"Why are you here?" Matthew asked.

"Ah!" Domenico said noticing Bellatrix standing to the side. "And this must be the shapeshifter I've heard so much about. Where's the witch?"

"Bellatrix, go back to the house." Matthew ordered. "Go."

"I'm not going anywhere." Bellatrix said.

"Domenico. What an unexpected visit." Ysabeau said walking up behind Matthew.

"Ysabeau, it's a pleasure to see you. How did you know I was here?" Domenico asked.

"I smelled you." Ysabeau replied.

"Maman. Take Bellatrix back to the house."

"I think she should stay until I deliver my message." Domenico said. "Bellatrix Volencia you must come before the Congregation for questioning and to hand over The Book Of Life."

"You tell the Congregation that I don't have it and nor does Diana." Bellatrix said stepping forward confidently. "If they want it, they can get it themselves."

"But you must come and tell us how to."

"Bellatrix will not be going anywhere with you." Matthew growled.

"Are you refusing to let me carry out Congregation orders?" Domenico asked.

"I am." Matthew growled.

"You do know the consequences?" Domenico asked.

"Yes, I do!"

"Matthew, please, don't do this." Ysabeau pleaded.

"Ah, it's not about the book, is it? No. It's about her. You're breaking the Covenant." Domenico said with wonder.

"What is the Covenant? What is he talking about?" Bellatrix asked.

"She doesn't even know, Matthew." Domenico tutted. "You've lost your mind."

Matthew walked in front of Bellatrix with a smile cupping her face, glancing at Ysabeau. "Take her back, now!" Ysabeau said causing Marthe to drag Bellatrix away.

Matthew sped behind Domenico and grabbed his head, wrapping his arm around his neck, twisting his head. "One twitch and I will rip your head off! You've delivered your message and you've been answered. Now, leave!" Matthew growled before throwing Domenico into the wall.

"We'll hunt you down. I'll kill you both. Even De Clermonts can die." Domenico said before walking away.

"The Book Of Life? Why didn't you say?" Ysabeau said turning to Matthew.

"It was what drew me to her. And then it became about something else. Maman. Mai imi."

"I can see that. And so can Domenico. Give her to them. They won't kill her if you do. They will if you don't."Ysabeau said before Mattew walked away towards the house.

☯︎

"What is the Covenant?" Bellatrix asked sitting next to Marthe.

"You really don't know?" Marthe asked causing Bellatrix to shake her head. "It forbids interspecies relationships."

"That's insane." Diana said.

"Why would anyone ever agree to that?" Bellatrix asked.

"There were a lot more of us creatures back then. And we'd grown accustomed to taking what we wanted. Philippe decided that if creatures from different species mated it might upset the balance of power. So...the Covenant was drawn up." Marthe explained.

"What happens when creatures break it?" Bellatrix asked as Diana moved to the couch, wrapping her arms aaround Bellatrix.

"To my knowledge, it never has been broken." Marthe explained.

"He's gone." Matthew said, walking into the room, causing Bellatrix to get to her feet, walking towards him. "There'll be no more visits from the Congregation."

"How do you know that?" Diana asked.

"Because we're not going to break the Covenant." Matthew answered staring at Bellatrix.

"You're giving in?" Bellatrix asked.

"Domenico's visit was a diplomatic mission. The next one will not be. Even if we stood up to them, what then? Hm? We'd be opening up old animosities that would spiral out of control and expose us to humans. I won't let that happen." Matthew said.

"So that's it?" Bellatrix asked in disbelief. "We're just going to abide by some ancient, narrow-minded agreement that was made a thousand years ago?"

"Yes."

"No." Bellatrix said walking towards Matthew, who had his back turned to her. "We are bound together. My magic started coming out when I met you."

"Three weeks ago, you'd never even heard of me. You don't know me! You have no idea what I'm capable of." Matthew said walkng towards Bellatrix staring at her. "You don't even know yourself."

"Stop. Stop it." Bellatrix said as a phone stated ringing. "Why are you being like this?"

Mathew walked away from Bellatrix grabbing his phone from his blazer. "Yes? Is there damage? I'll get there as soon as I can." Matthew hung up the phone before turning to the people in the room. "Someone broke into the lab. I have to get back to Oxford."

"I'll get my things." Bellatrix asked.

"You're not coming." Matthew said.

"Diana and Bellatrix should go back to their aunts." Ysabeau said.

"She's staying here. Maman, Marthe..."

"Stop making decisions for me." Bellatrix said.

"Guard her with your life." Matthew said ignoring her.

"Yes, Matthew." Ysabeau nodded.

"Leaving me isn't the answer." Bellatrix said standing in front of Matthew as he pulled his blazer on. "I love you. Tell me how you feel. Forget the Covenant, forget the Congregation. How do you feel?"

"You know how I feel." Matthew said softly.

"Say it!" Bellatrix said.

Matthew walked way towards his car making Bellatrix shake her head, walking after him when Ysabeau grabbed her elbow. "Let him go."

"No!" Bellatrix said before walking after Matthew, where Diana pulled herself to her feet before following after the pair but waiting in the cornor. Matthew got in his car and drove away while Bellatrix started running after the car before stooping at the en of the road.

The tears that collected in Bellatrix's eyes rolled down her cheeks before hitting the ground where it started raining heavily. "Look! My God! She's doing this." Ysabeau said as she and Marthe followed, standing next to Diana. Diana ran out to Bellatrix, grabbing her by the shoulders and pulling her into a hug.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.8K 366 28
𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 ✦ꕤ𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘦✦ꕤ 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴 + smuts 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘭𝘰 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘴
271K 16.5K 23
𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐛𝐲𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧.