The Arcane

By IbelieveIicanfly

A girl and her rival must work together to solve a murder mystery and protect their school. More

CHARACTERS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22

5

73 2 0
By IbelieveIicanfly

Adonis's pov

I don't believe it.

I stood completely still and calm, though I was fuming on the inside as I looked at my score at the results board.

How dare she.

I have always been at the top. I have always won so who was she to come at this school and take MY place. How dare she beat ME.

My fists clenched at my sides as I listened to the whispers of the students surrounding me.

I quickly turned around and shot them a sharp glare to which they casted their eyes downwards and dispersed.

That Nyx Sinclair. How dare she!

"Calm down dude." my best friend and my only friend Sebastian spoke as he placed a careful hand on my shoulder and gave me two pats.

I shot him a glare to which he just chuckled. 

He was just a few inches taller than me though he was very muscled. The uniform barely even fitted him due to his ginormous guns as he likes to call them.

He was cheery and friendly and is also an athlete for the school's national football team.

"C'mon let's go." He swung his backpack around his shoulder and began walking away, leaving me and my fury to follow him.

>>>

I sat angrily in my seat as I clenched a pencil in my hand. It didn't help that Veronica was sat beside me and being annoying as shit.

I glared at nothing in particular as I counted numbers in my head to help me keep calm though that stopped as the door creaked open and I heard a squeak. 

I turned my attention to the sound and saw Nyx hiding behind that boy.

My hands tightened as I kept my focus on her as she headed to her seat.

Mr. Orman entered class and sat on his desk, not before doing his usual greeting.

"As some of you may know, despite having arrived here a few days ago, Nyx has got the top score in the entire school so congratulations to her." he spoke before he began clapping. The students joining him soon after.

'Crack!'

The pencil snapped in my hand as I looked at her figure trying to hide away.

The class all looked at me due to the noise but all turned away as I glared at them.

"Are you alright Adonis?" he asked.

"Oh, I'm just jolly sir." I responded with obvious sarcasm in my tone.

That Nyx Sinclair.

>>>

The bell rung signaling the end of class and I decided to confront her.

I began to head towards her but she looked at me then ran away.

Guess she knew what she did wrong. Which by the way, made me even more angry.

I looked at her friend who just simply avoided eye contact and exited the classroom.

That's it. I'm going to have to take matters into my own hands.

I collected my stuff before heading to the principal's office.

Mrs. Crestmond looked up to the sound of the door being opened but quickly stood up upon seeing who entered.

"Mr. Maximillian, what brings you here?"

I rolled my eyes at her antics and strolled over to the armchairs before taking a seat and placing my bag in the opposite chair.

She slowly and cautiously followed, sitting in her own chair, anxious yet curious as to why I'm here.

I decided to answer that unsaid question for her.

"I'm here because I have a complaint."

After stating my problem, Mrs. Crestmond made an announcement to call said problem.

The creaking of the old door signaled that she had arrived.

___

Nyx'x pov

I stared at Adonis sat in the armchair who looked as if he was wronged and is finally getting justice. Which doesn't make any sense at all.

"You called?" I directed my attention to Mrs. Crestmond as I closed the door behind me.

"Yes, have a seat." she spoke as she once again pointed to an armchair.

I followed the direction of her pointed finger.

"A seat where exactly?" Adonis' backpack was occupying my supposed seat.

She gave him a look to which he rolled his eyes and reluctantly moved it. So sassy.

I sat beside him and gave him a quick glance as I placed my bag on the floor beside me.

It's funny how I spent the whole morning trying to avoid him but now I'm sat beside him in a moderately sized room with Mrs. Crestmond being the only other person in here.

She cleared her throat and opened her mouth to begin speaking. I was thankful to her for finally breaking the silence but I took it back after I heard what she said.

"I heard that you have cheated on the school's test and has been taunting Adonis for placing second Ms. Sinclair."

"What?" I screwed my face at her.

What shit was she spewing?

"Is that true?"

"No it isn't. What made you think that?" I would have laughed at her assumptions but now is not the time for that.

"Of course she would deny it." Adonis sassed from beside me while crossing his arms and suddenly, it all made sense.

A laughed escaped from my mouth. I saw no reason in hiding it now.

Adonis looked genuinely offended while Mrs. Crestmond just looked confused.

"Is there something funny?" she asked as she pushed her glasses up on her face.

"Oh I'm sorry it's just-" I couldn't even speak. My hand clutched my stomach and tears began to form in my eyes from laughing so much.

This situation is so funny to me.

"Oh," I finally got back to the ability to speak as my laughter died down. "Adonis sweety, did you come here and tell lies on me?" I crossed my legs as I leaned back into the chair and turned my attention to him.

"What lies? It's true!" He spoke, aggravated at my 'lying'.

"First of all," I held a finger up," I did not cheat, those are grades I got on my own due to MY hard work. Secondly, I did not 'taunt' you. As a matter of fact, I haven't even spoken to you."

Mrs. Crestmond turned her head to Adonis and raised an eyebrow, something I couldn't do. Lucky her.

"W-well she didn't taunt me with words, but you asked Mr. Orman to say those things earlier right, and you also told the students to say all those things about me, even though you cheated on the test." he pointed an accusing finger at me.

I screwed up my face at his assumptions.

What drugs was he on?

How could someone be that delusional and egotistic.

"I did no such thing." I sighed as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Yeah right." he continued, "You probably-"

"Ok fine!" I cut him off. He was honestly becoming annoying.

"If you feel so wronged and is so set on believing that I cheated, let's do over the test." I suggested, wanting to be done with this.

"That's not a bad idea." Mrs. Crestmond agreed.

"Okay, let's do it. Then you'll see that I was right and that she cheated."

My eyes rolled without me even knowing.

Mrs. Crestmond took two papers from out of her draw and placed them infront of Adonis and I and set a timer.

"Begin."

>>>

We had finished the test and were waiting for Mrs. Crestmond to finish grading them.

"Okay uhm," she stacked the papers and adjusted her glasses," I have finished grading them and...Nyx has the higher score." she hesitated to say the last part but got it out eventually.

"What! How?" Adonis exclaimed his shock as he snatched the papers from off the desk.

I got up from the chair and placed my bag on my back. "Are we done here? Can I leave?"

She pursed her lips and nodded her head to my question.

I nod my head once and turned to leave.

Adonis shot up from his seat and grabbed my arm. "Wait! I don't believe it. How can YOU score higher than me? Let's take the test again." he tried to drag me back to the seats but I ripped my arm from his grasp.

Mrs. Crestmond opened her lips to tell Adonis something but I beat her to it.

"Listen, I know you're a rich and stuck up bastard but you need to accept that there can be people who are better at things than you are and you're not the only person in the world, not everything revolves around you and you need to come to terms with that." I once again turned to leave.

"I refuse to hear that from a low life like you with that beggarly family of yours." 

My body moved on it's own will and I found myself standing infront of him, his head turned to side with a red handprint on his face. His hair tie had fell out from his head so his hair shielded his face from my eyes.

I had slapped him.

I grabbed his shirt collar and pulled his face close to mine.

"Speak about my family like that again and a tiny slap like this will be the least of your worries. Do you understand?"

His eyes shook and he kept his gaze to the ground.

"I said do you understand!" I shouted, becoming annoyed by his silence.

"Yes." he whispered so soft I almost missed it. Almost.

"Good." I shoved him and he fell back into the armchair.

I turned my attention to Mrs. Crestmond who looked shock. Almost gave the poor woman a heart attack.

"I shall be leaving now." I picked my bag from off the floor where I dropped it before I slapped Adonis and left the office, slamming the poor door behind me.

I leaned against it and let out a breath.

Oh god, what did I just do?

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 234 81
Burvington Preparatory Academy of Excellence. Home of the "Burlie" Boys. The richest , said to be strongest and some of the most genius minds in all...
15.7M 563K 60
❝The higher you go, the harder you fall.❞ Elena Evans has always been the observer. No one notices her, but she sees everything. The Elite. Beau...
768 51 27
Kingsbury Prep is seemingly like any other private school in England: full of snobby rich kids dependent on daddy's credit card. Or so she thinks. Wh...