JUMP STREET'S JUNE BRIDE???

By Cowboy0928

I am just a big fan of the tv show. I don't own any rights to it. This is a story about two police officers... More

CHAPTER 1: SYDNEY'S BAD NIGHT
CHAPTER 2: TOM HANSON
CHAPTER 3: BAD FIRST IMPRESSIONS
CHAPTER 4: THE MORNING AFTER
CHAPTER 5: HEARTFELT APOLOGY
CHAPTER 6: GIRL TALK
CHAPTER 7: MATCHMAKER JUDY AND TRUCE
CHAPTER 8: TOM IS F***ED
CHAPTER 9: HOW CAN I FIX THIS
CHAPTER 10: FRIENDS?
CHAPTER 11: YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO DO ME A FAVOR WOULD YOU?
CHAPTER 12: ALL NIGHT STAKE OUT
CHAPTER 13: BAD DAY
CHAPTER 14: OFFERING COMFORT
CHAPTER 15: YOU GOT A DATE
CHAPTER: 16 COUNT ON ME
CHAPTER 17: REVENGE
CHAPTER 18: PRE WEDDING-BLUES
CHAPTER 19: WEDDING ARRIVAL
CHAPTER 20: WEDDING BOMBSHELL
CHAPTER 21: WE'RE ENGAGED
CHAPTER 22: DARK DAY AND FLASHBACKS
CHAPTER 23: THREATS AND TORTURE
CHAPTER 24: WE ARE NOT ENGAGED
CHAPTER 25: IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR
CHAPTER 26: TOM'S BEGGING
CHAPTER 27: JEALOUSY
CHAPTER 28: MEETING THE FAMILY
CHAPTER 29: PARTY CRASHERS
CHAPTER 30: RETALIATION
CHAPTER 31: TOM'S FEELS THE HEAT
CHAPTER 32: DIAMONDS AND DREAMS
CHAPTER 33: SWIM PARTY FOR TWO
CHAPTER 34: TEASING AND EMBARRASSING STORIES
CHAPTER 35: FIREWORKS GOOD AND BAD
CHAPTER 36: FACING THE DAMAGE DONE
CHAPTER 37: BABIES AND DREAMS
CHAPTER 38: BULLIES AND THE BOXER
CHAPTER 39: THE BAD BOY AND THE KNIFE
CHAPTER 40: DOUBLE DATES
CHAPTER 41: FIRE STARTER AND CLOSE CALLS
CHAPTER 42: PROM AND HERO IN A TUX
CHAPTER 43: THE WAITING GAME
CHAPTER 44: A HERO'S REWARD
CHAPTER 45: SURPRISES
CHAPTER 47: TOM'S CHOICE
CHAPTER 48: ROB'S REVENGE
CHAPTER 49: BLINDSIDED
CHAPTER 50: WHAT DID YOU DO?
CHAPTER 51: OVERWHELMED
CHAPTER 52: WEDDING EVE
CHAPTER 53: WEDDING DAY
CHAPTER 54: THE TRUTH COMES OUT
CHAPTER 55: REST OF MY LIFE
CHAPTER 56: OUR LIFE
CHAPTER 57: THE CAPTAIN'S WIFE
CHAPTER 58: LAST CHAPTER: MY MARIA

CHAPTER 46: WEDDING DRESS DISASTER

32 1 0
By Cowboy0928

After we all ate, Allison said that it was time to cut the bridal engagement cake. That is what she was calling it.

She had me and Tom go up, which is awkward for me. Since none of this is real. We are never getting married.

But then I was even more caught off guard, when all  of the guests, started coming up to congratulate us, and handing us gifts.  Tom was as shocked as I was, and it hit him hard. Taking gifts from these people, when all of this is fake, and we are never getting married. We are never going to be a couple.

Tom quickly said you shouldn't have and I said the same, and then we said the same thing, how we are just engaged, he just wanted to make a commitment so I knew he was for real, and not playing a game with me. But it was no use.

Everyone insisted we keep the gifts, and open them.  We got so many wonderful, special gifts. From gift cards, to sentimental couple gifts, photo frames, and you name it we got it, stuff for the house. 

It was so late, and the party was still going, so my dad said we should just spend the night. Tom said that was fine with him. So, Amari and I slept in my room, and Tom slept in one of the guest rooms.  Jay and Allison were going to stay the night too.  The party went on until after midnight.  Tom's mom stayed the night as well and got another guest room.  Since Judy came with Dennis, he took her home. 

It's Saturday morning.  Amari did good, slept all night. I woke up to him on my shoulder, with his head against me. I already love him so much.

Last night after surprising us with the party. I'm still overwhelmed with that, and I still am so torn about all of this.

I love all the time I'm spending with Tom. I'm in love with the man.

And this is all for a good reason. Tom tried to help me during the wedding, he knew I was hurting, he wanted to make me feel special, and he blurted out we were engaged, wanting to let me hurt Kris, and Rob and ruin their day.

Then before we could fix this and just tell everyone that we weren't a couple nor engaged, Tom got Adam's job when Adam moves up.

Tom wanted to help me, and then I wanted to help Tom. And even though I hated lying to my dad, brother, aunt, Joe and Lila, and Tom's mom, Tom came up with a great plan. We say that we are engaged, just because Tom wanted to prove to me he was serious about making a commitment to me, but we were in no hurry to get married, we haven't known each other long.

I mean that makes sense. I know some couples have a long engagement, a year or two.

And everyone has accepted that answer, and not pushing for when we will set a date.

My aunt changed her mind about Tom being wrong for me, after he saved me, risking his life in the fire to go back in and bring me out.

I'm still upset about last night. It felt wrong to accept their gifts, cash gifts, gift cards, presents.

I know that Tom was shocked by it. Shocked what my dad said when he introduced Tom to everyone there. I could see the emotion in his eyes. And I'm really not looking forward to today. I tried again to talk them out of it. But my aunt and Margaret are not budging.

My aunt, and Tom's mom decided that we have to go today to look for wedding dresses They decided we were going and that was it.

I got up early to take Amari out, and my aunt was in the kitchen. She told me that Kris actually wanted to go too, but I just don't want her coming. We aren't friends, and it just sucks that she got the real wedding, and I get a fake one. I know it hurts my aunt, but when Kris asked if she could go, Jay  had said that no that is rude of her to ask, so my aunt told her it's better if she didn't come.

We are downstairs eating breakfast. Judy brought breakfast over for us. Donuts and milk. I said, "I'm going to take Amari out let him play in the backyard. I'm glad we stayed over so dad can watch him while we are both gone today."  Judy and Tom came with me.

Tom said, "Sydney I can tell you are worried. Please it's not a big deal about today." Judy said, "Tom's right honey. They know that you guys are having a long engagement. They just want to look at dresses and have you see what the fashion and styles are now. Just to see what you may like in the future."

I said, "this is just getting harder to do, to lie to the people we love."

Tom said, "I know it is. I'm still shocked my mind blown about last night. And I mean the gifts that we got Sydney. I told you last night I just don't feel right about accepting those gifts." I said, "I know same here, but what can we do Tom. I mean we tried to refuse the gifts, saying that we are having a long engagement, should wait until we set a date to get gifts, but they insisted."

Tom nodded.

I said, "I just wish today was over with. At least Jay insisted that Kris not come. That would have been terrible. Ruin my day even more."

Judy said, 'Sydney I know it is going to be a hard day, but just try on a few dresses, say you love that style and this is what you want when you do decide on a date you will come back and start looking. I'll try and see if I can get us quickly to lunch, so you aren't stuck trying on wedding dresses all day."

Tom said, 'Sydney I should get going, Jay wanted me to meet him on the golf course at 10." I said, "ok have a good day." He said, "I'm still a little nervous. I mean I don't usually golf ever, and Jay is inviting me with his friends. They all golf." I said, "Tom it doesn't matter if you are a golfer or not. Jay just wants to have the time with you." Tom said, "I know. I'm looking forward to it."

Tom said, "Sydney just try and not worry about today. I know it's going to be hard to try on wedding dresses for my mom and your aunt, but hopefully Judy can talk them into not having you try on many. Since we don't have a date." I nodded. He kissed my head. He said, "call me if you need me. If you need to vent or my mom or your aunt drive you crazy." I said, "thanks."

He said, "later Judy" He hugged her. He said, "Bye Amari. Be good."  Amari licked his face. He left.

Judy said, "Sydney, I know you are upset because you really wish you were marrying Tom."

I said, "yes. I just hope I don't cry all day, if I have to try on a lot of dresses. I would love to marry Tom. It just hurts to try on wedding dresses, and have my aunt and Toms' mom all excited, when I know that I will never ever buy a dress or get married. I mean what if I find one that I love, and I know I'll never get to marry Tom in it. Never get to buy it. It will be someone else's dress."

She hugged me. She said "I think you will marry Tom. I truly believe that. Don't give up that dream or that hope. I know you're afraid to hope it, afraid it will never happen. But I think it can. Who knows Sydney the longer you stay fake engaged and acting like a couple, you may turn into a real couple."

I said, "I wish. I try and not dwell on it."

She said, "you are the closest thing to a girlfriend Tom has had. If you can't get him to fall in love and marry you, then no girl ever will."

I said, "Judy thanks for everything, for going with me, for being my girlfriend. I don't know what I'd do without you." I hugged her.

She said, "i feel the same."

Tom's view:

I am nervous. I pull up to the fancy golf course. I have only played golf a few times back when I was a kid. I was honored when Jay asked me to join him, with his friends. But Jay is a great golfer Sydney said, and so are his friends. They win golf tournaments. We are at a fancy course, where professional golfers play and hang out in the club house. I'm feeling the pressure.

Jay walks up to my car. I get out. He greets me with a hug. Jay is with his friends. They all greet me. I mean they don't even know me, and they have accepted me.

I said, "Thanks again Jay for inviting me. But like I told you last night, I just am not really good at golf. I don't have time to ever play, I've only liked played twice in my life, when I was in school."

Jay said, "it doesn't matter. I told you not to worry about that. I just wanted you to hang out with me and my friends. Like I said last night you are my brother now. It means a lot to me that even though you don't golf, or maybe like it, you are willing to come spend the day with us."

I said, "I feel the same." Jay's friends all welcome me by shaking my hand. Telling me hey don't worry about not being able to golf. It's just a game. We are just having fun and hanging out. I mean none of us guys here could do what you do every day, be a hero, save people, be a cop. Make a difference in the community, keeping us safe. We all owe you a debt of gratitude for your service. But more importantly for saving Sydney. She is like the little sister of all of us.

Shit I feel like crying. They are all cool guys, and just to say something like that makes me feel really good about myself.

Sydney's view:

It was time to go, so I told Amari goodbye. My dad teased me and said did I have any instructions for Amari. Rules.  Everyone laughed.  My aunt drove.  I sat in the backseat with Judy letting Tom's mom sit up front.

I said, "Thank you Aunt Jackie and Margaret for spending the day with us and going to the mall. I just want to again tell you that I am just looking right now to get an idea of what styles there are, what I may like. Since Tom and I don't know when we will set a date."

Judy said, "and also I am buying all the new wedding magazines, so that you can keep track of the styles. You may see one in a magazine that you love. Better than what they would have in the store."

Margaret said, "yes we know that you and Tom are just going to have a long engagement, and that is fine. It will make sure that you are bonded, and truly ready for marriage, to really not rush into it. But it never hurts to look. I mean you may see one that you love and might want to go ahead and get it"

I looked at Judy.

Aunt Jackie said, "Sydney it's great that you two are getting to know one another and not rushing. It's best that way. To really get to know the person you are going to spend the rest of your life with." I said, "I agree."

Judy took my hand and held it.

Aunt Jackie said, "But dear, you never know, you just might happen to see the dress that you instantly fall in love with." I muttered to Judy in her ear. "That is what I'm afraid of"

She said, "you know your mom and I went with our mom to shop, and I'll never forget that day, your mom's eyes just lit up, and she practically ran across the room to look at the dress. Almost knocking me down." We laughed.

She said, "you may be just like her, and see your dream dress, and fall in love with it, and if you do, then I want you to go ahead and get it, even if it sits in storage for two years, if you find that one in a million type dress, then you get it now, so that you don't lose the chance to get it."

I said, "There are just so many beautiful dresses and styles. I don't even think when the time comes, I could pick what dress I would want. They all are so lovely. Besides, it's not the dress that matters. Or even the wedding. It's the marriage."

We parked. Judy said, "oh ladies, wait, I think I lost my phone in the car. Can you two go on ahead and Sydney can let me in the car to see. I had it in my back pocket." I got the keys and they went on in.

Judy said, "I have my phone, I just wanted to check on you. I know her mentioning your mom"

I cried. I said, "it's silly I know. I always dreamed that I could have the fairy tale romance, the handsome groom, the beautiful dress, I wanted to get married in June like my mom did, and have a fairy tale dress. Judy her dress was so beautiful. I mean for back in the day. Now it would be considered too old fashioned."

Judy said, "Sydney I'm sorry." She hugged me. I said, 'it's ok. It just makes me emotional whenever my mom is brought up. Let's go get this over with."

We went inside. Margaret said, "honey are you, have you been crying?"

I said, "I'm sorry. It's just when Aunt Jackie mentioned my mom. I just get emotional whenever my mom gets brought up." She said, "honey I'm so sorry. I didn't even think" I said, "it's ok. I just really miss her. I wish she was here." She hugged me. We both cried.

She said, "I know she is looking down on you, and she is so happy that you found your prince, and I know that she is watching over you and Tom, and is going to bless your marriage."

I cried. Judy hugged me.

Margaret said, "I know that my husband Thomas is also so proud of Tom, the man he is, and that he has you. In fact, I think that maybe Thomas played a hand in sending you to our son. He truly needed you, and you came to him. Like his angel. I think Thomas is up there protecting you both as well. Your love." I burst into tears and hugged her.

We looked in one store, and Judy was kind of laughing at some of the dresses. I mean to each their own, but one of them looked like it would be what a biker girl would wear. It was short, like barely covering and it was jagged, like there were almost small rips in it.

I said, "you think this is supposed to look like this" She laughed. She said, "you should text Tommy a picture and say this is the one you decided on" We laugh.

I was relieved in the first two stores that we went in. I didn't really see any that I would like. I mean they were beautiful, all but that first one we saw. But they looked to me like either something a high class business CEO woman would wear, or then the others looked like something a 30 or 40 year old would wear. Like they had long sleeves, well for me being tiny, would be long sleeves. Or a real high neck line. I just could not see myself in them, so I didn't mind trying them on.

Judy was helping me, as some of them were really heavy and hard to get on and off. I told her, "This isn't so bad. I mean either these dresses look like something older women would wear or like your high powered CEO." She said, "Definitely not you. I think that they will let us skip now you've tried on several, and we can go eat lunch, and then maybe leave." I said, "yes."

My phone rang. It was Tommy.

Judy left to let me talk to Tom. I said, "How's the golfing going?" He said, "not good as far as my game goes, but I'm having fun. Having a great day with your brother and his friends. Everyone is so nice to me." I said, "I'm glad you are having fun."

He said, 'How bad is the day for you?" I said, "not bad actually" He said, "Good."

I said, "it started off bad because they didn't mean to but they got me all emotional. My aunt brought up my mom which always gets me, but then she said that she was in heaven watching down on me and protecting us, and led us together, and then your mom said, she was sure that your dad had a hand in us getting together, that he is so proud of you, and is protecting us."

Tom said, "Damn Sydney I'm sorry. I know that would make you cry." I said, "But then it hasn't been so bad. First Judy finds this whacked out dress, it looks like a biker girl dress, I mean it's so short it barely covers you know there, and then it looks like it has been ripped." Tom laughed. He said, "so you are telling me you are picking that one huh" I laughed. So did he.

I said, "Then the rest of the dresses I haven't liked, some your mom did, or my aunt did, but they look like either something a 30 to 50 yr old would wear, or then they look like a rich powerful CEO would wear. Just not me. So I think they are tired out of dresses, and we are going to go to lunch."

Tom said, "Good. I'm glad it hasn't been as bad as you thought it would be. I was worried about you. Have a good lunch Sydney. We are going to sit in the clubhouse and eat and have a few beers. Then head back out to finish." I said, "have fun."

I met the ladies, and Margaret said, "Sydney if you and Judy are ready for lunch we can go. I'm sorry that they just don't have the type of dress you are looking for." Aunt Jackie said, "yes at least we know what the styles are now, and when the time comes you may need to shop elsewhere, or like in Judy's magazine." I was so relieved that we were leaving. This wasn't going to be a bad day after all. I was excited that they were done with the shopping, and hopefully wouldn't bring it up again.

This is great, until it wasn't.

I say that, because just as we were walking out of the store, there was a woman with a baby stroller, and two kids walking by us, and there wasn't room. I didn't want to make her have to have the kids go first then she follow, so I told her go on, and I stepped aside.

Big mistake Sydney.

I stepped aside and actually ended up brushing up against something. It felt so soft on my arm. Like it reminded me of staying in a fancy hotel, with the soft robe, soft bedspread, soft pillows. Like I've never felt clothes feel so soft, it was almost like it was puppy's hair or something.

I wasn't looking, and said, "oh you guys you should feel this, it is so soft, it is unreal"

Aunt Jackie's eyes got big, she said, "oh my heavens it's a sign from you mom"

I said, "What?" I looked at her. She said, "look at it. it was a magical thing that just happened, with that woman and the kids. If you wouldn't have moved aside, we never would have seen this. I didn't realize that they had wedding dresses on this side of the store."

I said, "Wedding dress." Oh no, this is a wedding dress. But not just any wedding dress.

I was now dreading looking at it. But I knew it had to be beautiful, not just how magical it felt, but by the look on Aunt Jackie and Margaret's faces. Then with Aunt Jackie saying that it was magical, and my mom sent us to this part of the store.

If this dress is this soft, oh wow, I know it's just beautiful.

I slowly turn and look at it, and I can't help it, I fall in love with it.

I am mesmerized by it, and just can't remove my hand from it.

My aunt said, "Sydney this is a sign from your mom. She always dreamed about your wedding day, and wished that she could live long enough to see it and take you shopping for your dress, and oh my God honey she found you this dress."

I said, "it's beautiful, and so soft, but she didn't"

Margaret said, "I believe your mom found this dress for you. It has to be her." I said, "Why?"

Margaret said, "honey look at where the dress is, I mean there is no other wedding dresses in this section. and it's obvious it's not supposed to be in this section."

Judy gasped, and said, "oh my God, they are right, this is the children's section. Look Sydney"

I looked around, the clothes next to the dress, and I gasped myself. I mean what in the world, is this wedding dress doing with the children's section.

Just then the store clerk came, and she said, "oh are you interested in this dress." I didn't say anything, and my aunt and Tom's mom both said, "yes she is." Margaret said, "She is marrying my son, and I think she found her dream dress."

I was stunned, by all of this. The beautiful dress, that almost made me cry just looking at it. I mean it looked like something a princess would wear. But I'm not a princess, and I'm not going to be a bride, not ever.

The clerk said, "This is a beautiful dress. I just love it."

Judy said, "why is it over here, with the kids section"

She said, "that's my fault. I was putting it up, and then my husband called, and had a minor emergency scared me, he's home watching our new baby, and the baby was coughing and scared him, so I just put the dress the closest rack so that I could talk to him,"

I said, "is your baby ok?" She said, "yes my husband just got scared."

She said, "Would you like to try this dress on" Before I could say anything, my aunt said, "yes." The lady took the dress and said follow me. I looked at Judy. She said, "let's go Sydney. I think you found your dream dress." I looked at her.

We left and went back to the dressing rooms. My aunt and Tom's mom all excited and sitting down waiting for us.

I said, "Judy" I burst into tears. She said, "you love this dress, don't you." I said, "yes, but this dress is like a dress for a princess, I'm no princess, and I'm no bride."

Judy said, "Sydney I do have to say I do think your mom might have played a hand in this, I mean what a coincidence, we leave the store and find your dream dress in the kids aisle."

I said, "I will try it on, do you think you could video me in it, and take pics of it, just so I will always remember what it felt like to try on such a beautiful dress. I mean I don't believe I'll ever be a bride; I just can't see wanting to marry anyone but Tommy, and he doesn't love me like that, and if I do, then the dress will be gone. But I'll have the pics and video as a memory." She said, "Sure honey."

I tried it on. Judy said, "oh Sydney you look so beautiful. Look in the mirror at yourself."

I looked and it made me cry. I felt like a real princess in it. Judy held my hand. I said, "I feel like a princess. Judy it's so beautiful." She said, "it sure is."

The dress was sleeveless and strapless. Soft. And had little diamonds all throughout. It had a head piece with it, so Judy put it on me. And so long. Judy had to lift it up in the back and hold it. She said, "We need to video you on my phone and then on your phone." So we did that.

My aunt said. "Sydney please come out we can't wait any longer." Judy laughed.

She said, "you guys won't believe how beautiful she looks. Just like a queen."

I came out. Both Margaret and my aunt cried. My aunt said, "oh honey you look so beautiful, so much like your mom. This is a miracle you found this dress. You need to get it."

I said, "no I can't." She said, "Sydney this is your dream dress. The dress that made you cry just looking at it." I said, "I know but we don't have a wedding date."

Margaret said, "honey that doesn't matter. You can buy it now so that you don't lose the chance to get it, and then it will be ready and waiting."

I looked at the tag, and then I saw that it said, $ 50,000. I said, "oh my God. I love this dress, it's a dream dress, but I could never buy a dress like this. It's like more than a house almost." I showed Judy. She said, "oh my God. Yes, let's just be glad I got pictures of you in it. Margaret, do you mind taking a picture of me and Sydney with her in her dream dress." She said, "Sure." We gave her our phones.

I said, "I can't imagine people paying that kind of money for a dress. But it's the most beautiful dress. I'm going to go take it off and then we can go to lunch. I'm kind of tired from lifting all these heavy dresses getting them on and off."

Judy and I go back to the dressing room. I stare at myself in the mirror for a few minutes.

She said, "wow 50,000 on a dress. It's got to be all those diamonds huh." I said, "yes"

I said, "actually I'm relieved that it's so expensive, otherwise they would have kept on insisting I get it, you know." Judy said, "yes when they saw how much you loved it, they knew it was your dream dress. I love it, it's so beautiful."

I came out with the dress. The clerk smiled at me, and said, 'you looked really beautiful in it." I said, "Thank you. It's such a beautiful dress. Some bride is going to be really beautiful on her big day." She smiled at me. She said, "this dress is one of a kind. The designer changes little details in each dress he makes. Like this one he put the diamonds, some of his have rubies. It actually just arrived in the store this morning. I had just received it and was going to put it up, and just took my husband's call like a minute before you saw it."

Judy whispered in my ear, "your mom giving you this moment." I said, "yeah I actually think so." I cried. Judy hugged me.

I said, "thank you so much for letting me try it on. You have been so kind." She said, "thank you."

I said, "ladies are you ready to go to lunch. I think trying on all these dresses has made me hungry" They said, "watching you try them on made us hungry."

We picked Mi Cocina and were sitting down at the table.

Margaret said, "have you heard from Tommy? I know he was nervous about playing golf"

I said, "yes he called to check in. He said it's going great. I knew it would. My brother doesn't care if he can play or not. But Tom said all the guys are being nice."

We were waiting for her to come take our order, she had brought us our drinks, and the chips and salsa.

My aunt looked at Margaret. They smiled at each other. My aunt said, "Margaret are you ready to do this." She said, "yes." I said, "Do what?" I looked at them and smiled.

My aunt got something out of her purse. It was a card, with flowers on it. I said, "you guys. I mean you gave Tom, and I gifts last night."

Margaret said, "well just one more."

I read it. It was a blank card, but both sides were filled up with words.

The left side said, "My dearest beautiful, sweet Sydney. I have had the honor of watching you grow up, from the most adorable baby to the cutest little girl, to the beautiful young woman you are. I so wish your momma was here, she loved you more than anything in this world. You were her little princess, and I know that she is so proud of you and led us to this day. I am so happy for you that you have found your very own prince. I have been so conflicted and hurt for you because of what happened with Rob, but that all led to you finding Tom. And he's the man you are supposed to spend your life with. All my love Aunt Jackie.

I cried. Really sobbed reading it. I said, "Thanks Aunt Jackie." I hugged her. I said, "Those words are so sweet, and I love you so much. Thank you for always being there for me."

I read the other side: It said, "Sydney I just want to tell you, that even though I haven't known you long, I love you already. I know I will never be your mom, nor do I want to try and replace your mom, but I hope you know that I will love you as a mom does. I have no words to explain to you how excited I am for Tom that he met you. You are his angel, that was sent to save him. Tom has changed, no longer in pain and alone, but he has found someone that he can trust, can tell his secrets to, and he knows you have his back. he found you just when he needed you the most. I am so thrilled and proud to be your mother-in-law, and just know that I will always be here for you. If you need help with Tom, if he is being ridiculous or stubborn, all you have to do is call and tell me, whatever I can do to help you. Marriage is hard, at times, but when you find the one who you are meant to be with, it's so worth it. You are a beautiful couple. I love you both very much."

I burst out in tears. I hugged her. I said, "Thank you Margaret for saying such sweet things to me."

I showed Judy. Judy even cried. I said, "sorry for getting all emotional." I put the card back in the envelope. I said, "I'm so ready to order."

Aunt Jackie said, "honey you didn't get the other little paper that was behind the card." I said, "oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see it."

I opened it, but was so shocked, and horrified by what I saw.

My hands started shaking, as I stared at it. No, oh my God no. They didn't, they couldn't have. What am I going to do.

I have tears in my eyes, trying not to have a panic attack. I looked again, hoping that maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me, maybe from little sleep last night, but no I saw it again, and it's exactly what I think it is. I'm having trouble breathing.

I said, "you guys what is this, I mean this can't be what I'm seeing, you didn't, you couldn't have." They are smiling saying "yes." I showed Judy. Judy said, "oh my God, it's the receipt, you ladies bought that dress." I said, "That 50.000 dress, no you guys, this is a joke right."

Jackie said, "no, the dress is at the store still. They are going to have a fitting with you, whenever you can make it. Their person was off today.

I said, "you guys I love you so much. I can't believe this, but there is no way I can accept this. I mean you have to go back to the store right now and get your money back."

Aunt Jackie said, 'no honey the dress is yours." I said, "I can't believe this." I'm crying, shaking.

I said, "50,000. There is no way I can let you do this; we don't have a wedding date even."

Margaret said, "Honey it's ok, the dress can wait. If you want, we could get a safe at a bank, and lock it up there, so that it's protected." Aunt Jackie said, "That is a good idea."

I look at Judy. but she has no words. Just a stunned look on her face.

I said, "I have no words. I mean I'm so grateful, beyond belief, and so touched that you would love me enough to do this, but I can't let you do this. This is crazy."

Margaret said, "honey no it's not. I am so excited that my son has found you and wants to get married. I have prayed for Tommy to meet someone like you, that he could love again, and trust again, and want to get married, and be happy, and have a family. Instead of making work his life. I wanted to help chip in on this dress. I have money saved."

My aunt said, "honey I was under strict orders today from your dad, that if we found a dress, that made your eyes light up, made you cry, I was to get that dress. No matter the price, Margaret and I went in on this, but your dad paid the majority of it. He said that if you didn't find a dress that was fine, but in case you did find a dress, if your eyes lit up, if you cried at yourself looking in the mirror, if you thought you looked like your momma, and felt like a princess, I was to take a picture and text him. So, I did, and he said no matter the price get the dress. So, when you were changing, I went and told the clerk that we are surprising you with it."

Judy said, "That's why she was kind of winking and smiling. I thought she had a nervous eye problem or something." The ladies laughed. I just wanted to cry.

I have to get out of here. I have to get some air. I can't breathe. I said, "I'm a little emotional. Thank you both so much I love you so much. I need to call daddy. I'm going to go to the restroom and sit in there and make the call. Just order without me if you want."

I hurried and left. Judy came with me.

We got to the rest room, and I almost fell onto the little sofa. I was crying, and not able to hardly breathe.

I said, "Judy oh my God, what am I going to do. They spent 50 thousand dollars on a dress, and I'm never going to be a bride. Never. I had to come in here, I was afraid I was going to blab to them about Tom and I being fake." I cried, and she hugged me.

She said, "I wish I could do something to help you. But there's nothing I can do." I said, "thanks for being here. trying to comfort me."

I said, "I need to call my dad, but I need to calm down first, I can't breathe Judy. I can't go back out there until I calm down. I don't know what to do."

She said, "I know. I'll buy you some time. I'll tell them you are talking to Tom. She went and got a paper towel and wet it, and then put it on my face. She said, "just try and take some deep breaths. I think you need to call Tom and tell him and see what he thinks you should do. I mean he is the one who got you into this mess, he needs to help get you out of it." I nodded. I said, "he's going to be furious with me" She said, "No he won't, this is not your fault."

She said, "Take all the time you need. Just sit here and take some deep breaths before you call him ok. I nodded. I said, "if I could call my dad and talk him out of it, tell them to return it." She said, "you could try, but knowing your dad it won't work."

I called my dad. I said, "Daddy, I love you so much for buying me that dress, but you shouldn't have. It's too expensive. Please daddy." He said, "honey I know you are worried about the price. But don't. I have the money. It's worth it to me."

I said, "Daddy no. That is crazy. To spend money like that on a dress you only wear one day of your life."

He said, "honey no it's not. Not if it makes you feel like a princess, not if it makes you feel like you look like your momma, not if it makes you cry tears of happiness, and besides maybe you and Tom can renew your vows, and you can save your dress, and pass it down to your daughter, if you have one."

I said, "so there is nothing I can do to talk you into telling them to return it and get your money back."

He said, "no." I said, "But we don't have a" He said, "Honey that dress will keep. Don't worry about that, I can put it in a vault, so it will be safe."

I knew I wasn't going to win this discussion, and I knew I needed to call Tom before I chickened out. I mean Tom's mom does not have that kind of money to be chipping in on a dress like this. He is going to be furious with me.

I said, "Daddy, I love you so much. Thank you so much. I have to go though" He said "I love you too my princess, and you look just like your momma, your aunt sent me a picture."

I burst out in tears and sat alone in the bathroom.

A few ladies came in and asked if they could help me, and I just shook my head no. One of them asked if my man cheated on me, I shook my head no. They left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 40 14
Jamie and Eddie grew up as best friends all the way through to their senior year of High School. They both promised they'd go to police academy toget...
25.6K 537 23
What happens when you're in love with two guys at the same time. You love them both but you can't be with both because thats not right. Relations bec...
16.4K 388 112
This is a story about the 21 Jumpstreet officers. With a new character added, Officer Sydney Kramer. What happens when Sydney gets to the chapel, an...
1.8K 20 32
Choosing her cost me everything I'd ever loved... including her. It's why I left the small town where I grew up and vowed never to return. I'm no lon...