JUMP STREET'S JUNE BRIDE???

Av Cowboy0928

I am just a big fan of the tv show. I don't own any rights to it. This is a story about two police officers... Mer

CHAPTER 1: SYDNEY'S BAD NIGHT
CHAPTER 2: TOM HANSON
CHAPTER 3: BAD FIRST IMPRESSIONS
CHAPTER 4: THE MORNING AFTER
CHAPTER 5: HEARTFELT APOLOGY
CHAPTER 6: GIRL TALK
CHAPTER 7: MATCHMAKER JUDY AND TRUCE
CHAPTER 8: TOM IS F***ED
CHAPTER 9: HOW CAN I FIX THIS
CHAPTER 10: FRIENDS?
CHAPTER 11: YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO DO ME A FAVOR WOULD YOU?
CHAPTER 12: ALL NIGHT STAKE OUT
CHAPTER 13: BAD DAY
CHAPTER 14: OFFERING COMFORT
CHAPTER 15: YOU GOT A DATE
CHAPTER: 16 COUNT ON ME
CHAPTER 17: REVENGE
CHAPTER 18: PRE WEDDING-BLUES
CHAPTER 19: WEDDING ARRIVAL
CHAPTER 20: WEDDING BOMBSHELL
CHAPTER 21: WE'RE ENGAGED
CHAPTER 22: DARK DAY AND FLASHBACKS
CHAPTER 23: THREATS AND TORTURE
CHAPTER 24: WE ARE NOT ENGAGED
CHAPTER 25: IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR
CHAPTER 26: TOM'S BEGGING
CHAPTER 27: JEALOUSY
CHAPTER 28: MEETING THE FAMILY
CHAPTER 29: PARTY CRASHERS
CHAPTER 30: RETALIATION
CHAPTER 31: TOM'S FEELS THE HEAT
CHAPTER 32: DIAMONDS AND DREAMS
CHAPTER 33: SWIM PARTY FOR TWO
CHAPTER 34: TEASING AND EMBARRASSING STORIES
CHAPTER 35: FIREWORKS GOOD AND BAD
CHAPTER 36: FACING THE DAMAGE DONE
CHAPTER 37: BABIES AND DREAMS
CHAPTER 38: BULLIES AND THE BOXER
CHAPTER 39: THE BAD BOY AND THE KNIFE
CHAPTER 40: DOUBLE DATES
CHAPTER 41: FIRE STARTER AND CLOSE CALLS
CHAPTER 42: PROM AND HERO IN A TUX
CHAPTER 43: THE WAITING GAME
CHAPTER 45: SURPRISES
CHAPTER 46: WEDDING DRESS DISASTER
CHAPTER 47: TOM'S CHOICE
CHAPTER 48: ROB'S REVENGE
CHAPTER 49: BLINDSIDED
CHAPTER 50: WHAT DID YOU DO?
CHAPTER 51: OVERWHELMED
CHAPTER 52: WEDDING EVE
CHAPTER 53: WEDDING DAY
CHAPTER 54: THE TRUTH COMES OUT
CHAPTER 55: REST OF MY LIFE
CHAPTER 56: OUR LIFE
CHAPTER 57: THE CAPTAIN'S WIFE
CHAPTER 58: LAST CHAPTER: MY MARIA

CHAPTER 44: A HERO'S REWARD

36 1 1
Av Cowboy0928

Sydney's view:

I wake up, and Tom's arms are wrapped tightly around me, and I'm practically laying on him. I think I had the best night's sleep ever. I felt so warm, and so safe. I could stay like this in Tom's arms forever. Never move.

I watch him sleep. He wakes up and sees me staring at him.

He smiled.

He said, "morning beautiful. How are you feeling?" I said, "I'm sore, but I'm feeling better than last night. I'm sorry about practically sleeping on you. I don't know how that happened."

 He said, "it's fine. I'm just glad that you were able to sleep. You have been asleep for about 12 hours." I said, "really that long" Tom said, "yep. I have slept off and on. Your dad and brother came in and then went down to get food. My mom and Judy are here too."

The nurse came in, and so Tom left to go out in the hall. He insisted he would be right outside.

She told me that she thought the doctor would probably release me to go home later today. Late afternoon. There is nothing they can do for the broken ribs, just rest, and pain meds.

The nurse left, then Tom and my dad and brother came in.

My dad giving me a kiss on the head, and then Jay.  My dad handed me some peach, orange, and white roses.  I said, "Thank you they are beautiful daddy."  He said, "not half as beautiful as you."  He bent down and kissed my head.

My dad said, "Sydney how are you, can I do anything to help you, ease your pain. I feel so helpless. It's my job to protect you, and to make sure you aren't hurt."

I said, "you guys need to stop worrying about me. I'm fine."

My dad said, "That's not happening sweetie."

I said, "Well the nurse said she thinks that the doctor will send me home today." Tom said, "So soon, are you sure that is a good idea? I mean Sydney you almost died."

I said, "no I could have died. All I had was a concussion, and broken ribs. And smoke inhalation, but if I wouldn't have been rescued by my very own superhero, then I would have died."

Tom said, 'Still sir, don't you think it's too soon. Maybe you should say something to the doctor."

My dad said, "as her father yes, but I can see that they would probably send her home."

Tom said, "Well don't worry, I am going to take good care of you Sydney. I will wait on you and get you whatever you need, or want."

Jay said, "no you let me do that. Allison and I can go to the store or pick up food. You just focus on being home with her, and we will do your errands, anything that you need Tom , just let me know brother."

He shakes Tom's hand. I love how close they have become. Like brothers.

Tom said, "Thank you." The doctor comes in, and Tom said, "are you sure it's safe to let her go home" I said, "Hanson."

The doctor laughs. He said, "yes, she is fine to go home. She just needs to follow orders, and rest, not overdo it, not push herself, no lifting, the nurse will give her all the instructions that I have written out, and of course no work."

Tom said, "absolutely no work, and yes I will make sure she follows all the instructions."

I said, "Hanson make sure to be in with me when the nurse goes over them, so that you understand them, because I have a feeling that you are going to think I'm not allowed to even sit up." Everyone laughed except for Tom.

Jay, and my dad were headed down to get lunch. My dad said, "Tom come with us let me buy you lunch." 

Tom said, "Thank you sir. I appreciate it, but I'm going to stay here."

I said, "no Hanson you are going to go have lunch with my dad and brother."

Tom said, "Sydney."

I said, "Tom you have not left this room since last night. It would do you good to at least go downstairs, get some food, maybe go get some fresh air outside. I'll be fine."

Jay said, "Hanson come on, it won't take long."

My dad said, "Son, you need to eat, since you are going to take care of Sydney it won't do you any good if you get sick. I would not be leaving her if I thought she was in danger. You know that."  Tom nodded.

Tom bent down and kissed my head.   Tom said, "I know they brought you up a late  breakfast, do you want anything else."  I said, "um maybe some ice cream"  Tom smiled.  He said, "Got it.  Call me if you need me. Can you reach your phone."  I said, "yes Tom. Please just relax. I'm fine."

Jay gave me a kiss on the head, so did my dad, and they left.

Tom's view:

I am not really wanting to be down in the cafeteria. When Sydney is upstairs. But since she insisted, I couldn't turn her dad down.

The cafeteria has a pretty cool restaurant in it, better than what I thought it would be.  They have sections, a Meat section, a salad bar, pizza, and a Mexican section, a Chinese section,, plus tons of cakes, cookies, brownies, ice cream.  Penhall would be here all day.  I laugh at the thought. I texted Sydney, "damn girl Penhall would go crazy in this cafeteria, we might not see him for days"  She laughed. She said, "I know they have everything don't they."  Tom said, "yes you want me to bring you brownies with your ice cream?"  She said, "yes please."

Sydney's view:

The guys had been gone about 45 minutes. Tom had texted saying he would be up soon.

I was watching  a soap opera, when there was a knock on my door. I said, "Come in."

It was the last person I expected to see. Rob.  What is he doing here? And my next thought was he better leave before Tom gets up here or this won't end well.

Rob said, 'hi Sydney"

I said, "what are you doing here?"

Rob said, "I wanted to come and bring you these."  Red and white roses. What the hell. Why is he giving me flowers?

When I didn't reach out to take them, he said, "I'll just put them on the table. um with your other flowers."

I stared at him.  I said, "I asked you why you are here. There is no reason that I can see that you would be here."

Rob said, "you almost died last night Sydney."

I said, "And again why are you here, it's not like you would give a damn if I died or not."

Rob said, "That's not true. I know you hate me still. And you have every right to, but I will always care about you."

I said, "oh thanks Rob, for giving me the right to have my own feelings. Your ego is insane."

Rob said, "Sydney I know how bad I hurt you, and I'm so sorry. I didn't want you to ever be hurt."

I said, "if that was true, then you wouldn't have slept with my cousin. You could have cheated on me with any other girl, and it would have hurt, but not as bad. But it's in the past. I'm with Tom now, and you are married to my cousin. Does she even know that you are here"

He said, "yes I told her I was going to stop by on my lunch hour. She is in an important meeting about being the next model for J adore."

I said, "well isn't that special. Now that you have come to tell me the great news about your wife you can get the hell out."

Rob said, "Sydney don't be like that. Kris loves you. So much. She is sorry. I am sorry. When we both heard what happened to you, the fact you almost died. You need to let this anger you are feeling for me go. We are related now."

I said, "technically but since I don't consider Kris my cousin, that means I don't consider you related, now get the hell out."

Tom said, "What the hell are you doing here."  He grabbed Rob's arm, and pushed him, so that Rob was now facing Tom. 

Tom said, "you heard her get out."  Rob said, "Hanson I came to"  

Tom said, "Save it. I don't care why you came. You need to leave right now, or I will personally kick you out. And I will take pleasure in doing it."

Rob said, "Hanson I get why you're jealous. I mean you know that your fiance is still in love with me, and only is with you because she wants to get back at me."

I said, "Rob none of that is true. Tom Hanson is the sweetest man, and a good man. Nothing like you. And for the last time, get this through your big head. I'm not in love with you, and actually am relieved that I know what kind of a man you really are. You are nothing to me. Just because I don't want you anywhere near me, is not because I'm hurt or still hung up on you. I am over you. I love Tommy. I'm happier with Tommy than I have ever been in my entire life. He is more than my boyfriend, more than a fiance, he's my best friend, my soulmate, and after last night my hero. You could never measure up to what Tom is to me."

Jay came in. He said, "What are you doing here"  Glaring at Rob.

Tom said, "he is just leaving. Either voluntarily or I can remove you from this room. It's your choice."

Rob said, "your jealousy is not a good look Hanson."  

Rob said, "I'm going. But Sydney please take care of yourself. I'm happy and relieved you are ok."  He left.

Tom saw the roses. He said, "What the hell, he brought you roses."  I said, 'yes. I'm sorry Tom. I have no idea why he would do that."

Tom said, 'I do. I told you he's still in love with you."

I said, 'Tom no he's not. I don't think he ever loved me."

Jay said, "I think Tom's right. I think if you would never have found out, he'd still be with you, and she would be his dirty little secret."

I said, "but he married her"

Tom said, "probably because he blew it with you, and you were done with him. Knowing Rob like I do, I'd say that he probably only married her to try and punish you, for dumping his ass. When you wouldn't take him back, he got mad, and his ego took over, and so he was wanting to hurt you."

Jay said, "that and probably Kris put her foot down and insisted that he marry her. I mean she blew up her relationship with you, and lost you and me from her life, and I'm sure that she didn't want it to be just for a fling. She probably told him either he marry her or she dumps him."

I said, "Well he had to tell me the good news, his wife is too busy to come see me, which I'm glad that she didn't, but she is in a meeting to be the next model for Ja Dore."

Tom said, 'Sydney you are way more beautiful than she is. Even in just a hospital gown."

I laughed. I said, "hardly, but thank you for lying."

Tom said, "I'm not lying. You are the one who should be the model for all these brands. Not your cousin."

Jay said, "he's right you know."  I said "you guys."

Tom gave me my brownie and ice cream.

I got my discharge papers, and the nurse wheeled me out in a wheelchair, and Tom lifted me up gently and put me in his Mustang. My dad and Jay gave me a kiss on the head and said they would be over soon, did I want anything, and I was craving a grilled cheese and a chocolate shake so Jay said he'd go get food,

Tom started the car.

I said, "Tom, are you ok? You don't look good."

He said, "yeah I'm fine. I'm just worried about you, and I'm so sorry Sydney."

I said, "Stop blaming yourself. It wasn't your fault."

Tom said, "Sydney I should have not let us get separated,

I said, "Says the man who ran into a burning building after he decked a police officer, and a fire man, because they tried to stop him from going back in. Says the man who suffered burns on his hand." He said, "Small burns Sydney. I'm fine."

We go home, and Tom helps me inside. He thought I should go to bed, but I told him I just wanted to lie on the couch for a while. He went upstairs to get a pillow and a blanket.  Jay and my dad and Allison and Tom's mom all came over.  Then Judy and the guys came over for a little while.

A few weeks have passed.

Tom has been taking great care of me.  Tom's mom has been fixing delicious meals.

I am not in as much pain, but still off of work, and so is Tom. Adam gave Tom off to be home with me.

Joe and Lila have come to visit, and Tom has taken me to their place.

Joe told us that he is giving Tom a medal for bravery. Tom said it wasn't necessary, but I told Joe thank you, I thought Tom deserved the medal. So, they are having a little ceremony at work, that Tom and I are going to. I invited my dad, and Jay and Allison and my aunt. And of course, Tom's mom.

 It will be good to be back at the station. I had wanted to go visit the last two weeks, but Tom refused. Said that they could come see me. The only place he let me go was over to my dad's, to Joe and Lila's, and the doctor. He is being pretty bossy, but I'm letting him, although I make sure to tell him this is the only time he is going to get to boss me around like this. I know that it's coming from a good place . He's being so sweet to take care of me, and he's worried about me. He's still beating himself up over the fact that he left me at the table, and it doesn't matter how many times I try and tell him it's not his fault. He won't listen.

I wanted to go to the mall, to pick out a new dress to wear for Tom's ceremony.  Judy had the day off, so she came by to get me.  I knew Tom wouldn't like it, so I didn't tell him that we were going anywhere.  Sure enough, when Judy said, "are you ready to go."  Tom jumped on that quick. 

Tom said, "she's not going anywhere Judy."  We laughed.  I said, "Judy please help me."  She laughed. Tom rolled his eyes at me.

I said, "Tom I just want to go to the mall just for a little bit."  

Tom said, "Sydney no I don't think you should go. I mean I know you and Judy and a little mall trip will turn into an all day thing, and you will walk to much, and then get sore."

Judy said, "Can anyone really walk too much"  I said, "I don't think that you can."  We laughed, as Tom gave us a look.

I said, "Tom I just want to get a new dress to wear tomorrow to your big  award celebration."

Tom said, "Sydney you will look good in anything."  

I said, "Thank you, but I want to go get out of the house. I'm going crazy."

Tom said, "Fine, can I come?"

I said, "yes if you want to, but if you'd rather have a break from me, it's fine."

He frowned, and gave me a look. He said, "Why would you think I would want a break from you."

Judy said, "yeah I think it's probably she needs a break from you."  We laughed. 

We went to the mall, and I found a black  and white dress.  I took him and Judy to lunch, Tom tried to pay, but I tricked him, and paid when I went to the bathroom.

 The next day I was in my room getting ready.  I came out and Tom was sitting on the couch.

Tom said, "Wow you look gorgeous."  I smiled. I said, "Thank you."  

Tom said, "are we ready, we need to go pick up my mom"

I said, "um wait Hanson."  He said, "yes."  He stood up.  

I said, "is that what you're wearing?"  Tom gave me a confused look.  He looked down at his clothes, then looked back up at me, and said, "yeah it is why?"

He scratched the back of his head.

I looked at him and smiled.

He said, "is there something wrong with what I'm wearing."

I said, "no you look good, in your jeans and tee shirt, but um I was just thinking that."

I stopped.  Tom said, "Thinking what."

I said, "I was hoping that you were going to wear your full uniform"

Tom smiled.  He said, "What, we don't wear uniforms Syd."  He laughed.

I said, "I know that, but you do have one right, I mean from your last job"

Tom ran his hands through his hair.  He said, "yes I still have it."

I said, "I was just thinking that since this is a big deal, and all the other precincts will have their captains and a few officers representing, and the mayor and city staff will be there, that you might wear your uniform. I mean I've never gotten a medal, but all the medal ceremonies I've been to over the years, the officers are always in their full uniform."

Tom said, "Sydney I don't even feel right about getting this medal. I didn't do anything for the job. I did it because you are my best friend, and my partner. And besides I left you alone."

I said, "Hanson please stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault.  And you deserve this award.  You risked your life, ran into a burning building to find me.."

Tom said, "Anyway I am used to just wearing my jeans and shirts, and besides if I show up full uniform, all the guys are going to razz me. Tell me I must have a big overinflated ego."

I laughed. I said, "ok you're probably right, knowing Booker and Doug and some of the other officers.  You look good, so we can go."

Tom opened the door to let me go out first.  I went out.  He turned and shut the door and I said, "of course you could have just told them that you didn't want to wear the full uniform but Sydney was really wanting me to because she thinks I would look hot in it."

We were walking, but when I said that Tom stopped.  I turned to look at him.

Tom said, "you think I would look hot in my uniform?"  

I said, "I don't know Hanson. I mean I love guys in uniform. I think guys in uniform are hot. But I have never seen you in your uniform so all I can do is maybe guess that you would."

Tom smiled.  He said, "I'll be right back."  He winked at me, and I laughed.  I got in the car and waited for him.

I called Judy.  I said, "I tricked Tommy into wearing his uniform"  She laughed.  She said, "girl you got some skills. How did you get him to wear his uniform? None of the guys here want to wear their uniform."

We laughed.  She said, "That wasn't always true for Tom. When Hanson first started his first day, he came to work wearing his full uniform, and everyone made fun of him, even our old captain Jenko."

I laughed. I said, "I heard a lot about Captain Jenko from Tom. He said that when he was killed by that drunk driver, that everyone was devastated, and didn't want to work at Jump Street any more, and the unit disbanded."

Judy said, "yes it was a sad and hard time. And I just hated it because I was so afraid that we would lose touch with each other, and Tom, Harry, Doug were all saying no that we would make time, but as time passed, and we each had new departments, and were so busy, we didn't see each other as often as I would have liked.  Then we all got a call to meet at Jump Street, and that is when we met Adam."

I said, "Tom told me that at first, he didn't like Adam. Thought Adam was trying to replace Jenko, and that the only reason he agreed to come back to Jump Street, was because of you, Because you begged him too."

She said, "yes"  I said, "Tom told me that his opinion changed on Adam after the first case where you were taken out of the school by that guy, after he was holding all the student's hostage, and hit Tom in the face."  She said, "yes Adam tricked the guy, he asked for a car, and so he left the car for him to escape, but it didn't have much gas in it, so we didn't get far"

I said, "Tom told me that Adam, Doug, Harry, and Tom all raced after you in Adam's car, and then saw that the car was pulled over, they ran up to the car, but you already had the guy handcuffed. Good work Judy Girl power."

We laughed.

She said, "how did you trick Hanson into wearing his uniform"  I said, "well I asked him if that is what he was wearing, and he is like looking at me all confused, looks down at himself, then says yes, and I'm like I thought you would wear your full uniform, and he was like no the guys would razz him, and I said right,so we went to the car, and then I said of course you could have told the guys that you only wore this because Sydney wanted me to because she thinks I would look hot in my uniform. Then he asked me if I thought he would look hot in it, and I told him I didn't know. I could only guess, but since I think guys in uniforms are hot."  Judy laughed. So did I.

Tom came out.  I said, "Damn Judy he does look hot, sexy, and handsome."  She laughed.  She said, "see you soon." I said, "Judy can you please ask the guys to not give him a hard time, tell them I made him."  She laughed and said she would.

Tom got in the car.  I said, "I was right you do look hot."  Tom smiled.

I said, "Damn Hanson, if you were a beat cop, and dress in your uniform, I would not mind being pulled over by you."

Tom smirked.  He said, "is that so?"

I said, "yes"

Tom said, "are you saying you would give me your number?"

I said, "That would depend."

Tom said, "on what?"

I said, "on whether or not you were going to give me a warning or a ticket."  I laughed. So did he.

He said, "well for you sweetheart, I'd just ask for your number, and then just let it go."

We laughed.

Tom said, "I'm betting that you have never got a ticket before."

I laughed. 

He said, "Am I right? I mean that is if you have been pulled over, the cop probably asked for your number."

I said, "wrong. I got a ticket for speeding. And the cop was a jerk"

Tom said, "he hit on you? Or ticket you after you rejected him?"

I said, "no, see I was 17, and me and my friends went to this concert like 45 minutes away, and I was driving us home, and it was like 11 45, and so dark, and I had never been in that town, and the speed limit changed from 45 to 30, and I was going 45. I mean I barely passed the sign where it changed. And I had never had a ticket before, or even a warning, never been stopped And that jerk just wrote me a ticket."

Tom said, "that jerk"  I laughed.  Tom said, "you don't happen to remember his name do you, I could pay him a visit."  I said, "um no. I don't need any more cops getting beaten up because of me."  I laughed. So did Tom.

I said, "Seriously you look very handsome Tom. I'm sorry though, if you are going to get razzed by the guys I told Judy to tell them that I made you."  Tom smiled.

Tom went by his place and went in to get his mom.  She gave him a hug and told him he looked so handsome in his uniform, just like his father, and that his dad would be so proud of him today. I could tell those words got to Tom.  The emotions on his face.

Adam told Judy that she could order a cake and have cookies and punch for after Tom's award ceremony.

It was so crowded. The city council were all there, all the police captains from each unit, with two officers representing each unit, and everyone that worked at the command center downtown. Plus my dad, and Jay, and Allison, and my Aunt Jackie.

The parking lot was packed.  Tom said, "Wow I was not expecting all these cars, they can't all be here for the ceremony can they?"

I said, "I am thinking that is definitely what they are here for."

He said, "I figured it was just going to be a little thing, with just the guys, and us."

I said, "Tom if you and your mom want to go on in, I'm going to wait outside for my dad and Jay and Allison and my aunt. I just hope that my aunt doesn't bring Kris." Luckily she didn't. Jay and Allison, my aunt, and dad arrived.  My dad hugged me then said, 'Tom congratulations."  He held out his hand to shake then patted Tom on the shoulder.  Jay did the same. Tom said, "I really don't think I deserve an award for this."

Tom took my hand, and then we went inside.  Tom was shocked by the crowd that was there.

Joe and Lila came over, and both of them greeted me, with a hug, then Lila hugged Tom, and Joe shook his hand.  Then Judy, Dennis, Doug, and Harry greeted us.  They gave me a hug and shook Tom's hand.  Tom was expecting them to rag him on the uniform, but Booker said, "you look good in those blues Hanson."  Doug said, "yeah real nice."  Harry said, "you clean up good." Judy said, 'you look very handsome Tommy."  He said," Thank you Judy."  She hugged him.

Tom said, 'Guys I can't believe how many people are here"  

All of the other officers that were there from command center on down, including Joe were in their full uniforms.

Adam started off the program, welcoming everyone, and said wonderful things about Tom. Then Joe gave a little speech thanking Tom for his service and his bravery, and officially announced that Tom would be replacing Adam when Adam moved on. That Tom's actions the night of the prom let Joe know without a doubt he made the right choice in his decision to promote Tom.

Joe surprised Tom, by asking Tom's mom to pin his pin on his uniform, and then put the medal around his neck.  She cried as she did it, making me and Judy cry, and Tom was tearing up.

I was so proud of Tom. and so was his mom. I think Tom was a little embarrassed by all the fuss and the ceremony, but I also know that he was feeling good and like he made his dad proud.

My dad gave a speech thanking Tom, and said he would forever be grateful. And it takes a lot of worry and stress and weight off his shoulders, to know that his little girl has Tom there protecting her. Unless you are a father you wouldn't understand. 

We were eating the cookies and cake, and talking, and I said, "Guys I'm so ready to get back to work" Tom said, "oh no you're not ready yet." I said, "Tom the doctor said soon" Tom said, "Sydney."

My dad said, "Tom and I agree." I said, "I know you worry, but I am ready to go back to work. And I am sure the doctor will release me soon.  My pain is almost gone.."

Everyone was leaving, but came over to congratulate Tom, on his award, plus his promotion.

My dad said, "Sydney will you and Tom be able to come over tomorrow night say around 4 for dinner, and please bring your mom."

Tom said, "yes sir."  My dad gave me a hug, and then said he would see us tomorrow.

Tom said, "Mr. Mitchell sir."  

He said, 'Please don't call me Mr. I told you at the hospital, call me Jayson."

Tom said, 'yes sir Jayson sir."

I laughed.  Tom said, "I just wanted to thank you sir, for what you said, and I will always do my best to protect Sydney."  My dad patted his shoulder.

Joe and Lila gave Tom a hug and me a hug and they left.

Judy gave Tom a hug and said she was so proud of him.  The guys all did too. Even Booker said he was proud of Tom. Making Tom give Booker a handshake and a smile.  Doug told Tom he could give his mom a ride home, since I had a long day and looked like I was in pain and tired.  Tom and I gave his mom a hug. 

Tom said, "Sydney can you sit down please and wait for me. I want to walk my mom to Doug's car."  I said, "Sure."

Harry said, "I can walk Sydney to your car."  Tom said, "Ok thanks Harry."  I said, "I can walk myself Hanson, but thank you Harry I will accept your offer."

Tom's mom told him how proud she was of him, and how his dad would be so proud, and how handsome he looked in his uniform.  He gave her a hug and thanked her.

He came to the Mustang and got in.

I said, "your mom is just beaming. She is so proud of you Tommy."

He said, "yeah she told me that she was, and that my dad would be too."

I said, "yes he is very proud of you. I just know he's watching down and beaming today, seeing you get that award. And your promotion announced., and for what it's worth Tommy. I'm very proud of you."  He said, "Thanks."

Tom said, "Man I'm really glad that you asked me to wear my uniform. I had no idea it was going to be this big of a ceremony, I mean all the precincts there, and the command center. Everyone was in uniform or suits. I would have looked bad in my jeans and tee shirt."

I said, "no you wouldn't have looked bad. But you do look very handsome in your uniform."  I smiled.  He winked at me.

He said, "Sydney I'm sure that you would look so hot in your uniform, and I'm pretty sure that you still have it, so what are my chances of getting you to put it on for me."

I don't know why but that made me blush.  I was silently cursing at myself for blushing, so I tried avoiding Tom's face, and looked out the window.

Tom laughed.  He said, "you're blushing."  I said, "Hanson. I am not."

Tom said, "oh ok, right you're not."

He said, "you don't have to, but it kind of is only fair that since I showed you mine you show me yours."  I blushed even more.

Tom said, "Shit that didn't sound right. I mean since I put on my uniform, you should put on yours."

I said, "ok I will but not tonight. Sometime I will though."  Tom said, "you look worn out Sydney. Are you hurting really bad?'

I said, "a little, it's not that bad. I'm just frustrated. Because I'm really exhausted. How will I get back to work if it wears me out like this just to be out all day."

Tom said, "you're not ready to start back to work yet. And Sydney you need to be 100 percent pain free, I mean doing cases, there is a risk to get hurt, and I don't want you to rush it. I'm hoping your doctor is not going to rush it either."  I said, "I know. Just hate it."  Tom said, "I know you do. I'm sorry."

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

9.5K 261 21
For Detective Kevin Ryan there's always been a clear line between the good and the bad; The cops and the criminals; The guilty and the innocent. Wha...
21.6K 552 14
After escaping a bad relationship, Amelia Buckley was left with an overwhelming amount of emotions. She was scared, relieved, and alone all at once...
Runners Av Lbooks01

Ungdomsfiksjon

3.7K 19 32
They balance each-other out. One the calm, the other the storm. Except when they don't. Except when she loses it and makes the place burn...literally...
10.7K 185 18
It starts with a girl who has thought about becoming a police officer ever since her older brother became one. She always looked up to her brother. ...