Her Secret

By _dat_one_girl_

𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 Enzo Mariano is known for being nothing but ruthless. He is feared... More

Important Disclaimers
Character Aesthetics
1|End of Discussion
2|Some Man Giving Orders
3|Bridal Shower
4|Kiss Your Bride
5|Wedding Reception
6|My New Normal
7|Rules
8|Sebastian
9|Not the End
10|New Friend
11|Blood
12|A Little Freedom
13|Murderer
14|Attempted Murder
15|A Disaster
16|Loveless Marriage
17|Ballet
18|Isabella
19|Baby Steps
20|Sexy Kittens
21|His Way
22|The Ball
23|Even More Secrets
24|Tired of Me
25|A Goddess
26|One Sided
27|Toddler Steps
28|Avoidance
29|Her First Date
30|His First Date
31|In Love
32|All On Me
33|Keep It Together
34|Fear Triumphs Desire
35|Done Being Nice
36|Work it Out
37|Best Feeling
38|Growing Feeling
40|Prepare for War
41|Wrong or Right?
42|Private Plane
43|The Honeymoon
44|His Story
45|Backshots
46|Elianna Mariano
47|The Big Reveal
48|His Office
49|Luca
50|Time for Revenge
51|Prepare for Landing
52|Grow Old Together
53|Revenge
54|Best Family
Epilogue
His Secret
Emilia's Book Out Now

39|Changing

166K 3.9K 688
By _dat_one_girl_

Elianna's POV

I pulled away from his embrace.

"Are you okay now?" He asked and I nodded.

"Thank you for that," I said.

I didn't realize how much I needed that hug until just now.

He stretched out his hand to me. "Are we good now? Can we go inside?"

I nodded my head and took his hand.

We walked through the entrance hand in hand.

"Will Romano be here?" I whispered into his ear.

He shook his head. "Probably not. He will most likely send a representative."

"Why doesn't he come to these events?"

"Cause he knows I'll be here," he said as I looked at him feeling scared but he started to laugh. "I'm kidding. He's old and weak now. He can't move shit but his mouth."

"Then shouldn't you just let nature take its course? Why do you have to kill him?" I asked and he snapped his neck to look at me.

"I must. Even if I die doing it."

"What about me?" I asked.

"What about you?" He asked back.

"Are you just going to die willingly and leave me a widow?"

"Isn't that what you want?" He asked me with a smirk and I honestly didn't know anymore.

Did I really want him dead?

"What about your bloodline? I know you are the last of your family. Will you just die like that and end it?"

He shrugged. "Once Romano is dead I don't care."

His comment upset me.

Why would he be okay with throwing his life like that just because of some old man who's already knocking on hell's gate?

"Why do you care?" He asked me. "You don't give a damn about me."

"I-I didn't say that!" I exclaimed.

He laughed. "Elianna, you've said it multiple times. Even yesterday. Actually, you tell me that almost everyday."

"Okay, I get it," I groaned. "Maybe that's not true anymore."

He smiled. "Did last night change you into a completely different person? Maybe I should've done that a earlier so I didn't go through all that stress you caused me."

My stomach fluttered as he brought up last night again. "It looks like the other way around because you can't seem to stop talking about last night."

He brought himself a little closer to me. "Maybe it's been on my mind more than it should've."

I swallowed hard at his straightforwardness.

"We're-we're straying away from the point," I stuttered nervously. "We made a vow to protect each other. You've done your part, now I need to do mine."

"Elianna, I don't need your protection."

"Yes, you do. You're being reckless right now with your life and I don't want to lose you."

We both stayed quiet after I said my last line.

Why did I even say that? We were barely able to tolerate each other.

He doesn't even feel the same way for me.

The thought of him dying just made me sad.

I should be happy that I might get to come out of this marriage but instead I feel sad?

"Elianna, I have been planning this thing for most of my life. I'm not stopping it for anybody."

I nodded. "Well, at least try not to die."

He laughed. "I'm not going to die on purpose, Elianna. However, he is my godfather. He knows I'm coming and he is going to have something in place for me when I strike."

I nodded.

"You're laughing a lot," I pointed out. "I've never seen you this happy before. You were always so grumpy."

His smile faded and I regretted telling him.

"I guess my life is less depressing now," he said to me and I smiled.

"It seems like last night also changed your life too," I joked and he smiled at me.

"Guys!" Seb shouted as he stood with a group of people. "Come over here!"

We walked over to two men and a woman.

"Guys, this is Marco, Lorenzo and Maria," he told us before turning to them. "Guys this is Enzo and Elianna."

We all shook each other's hands.

"It's so nice to finally meet the man in person," Lorenzo said. "I have heard a lot about you. You look even more scarier than people have describe."

Enzo nodded his head. "Good to meet you."

Lorenzo turned to me and kissed my hand. "I didn't know Mr. Enzo had such a beautiful wife."

I blushed and Enzo glared at me. "Thank you."

"Why have I never met you?" Enzo asked straightforwardly as usual.

"I am low in the ranks. How could I be so bold to present myself to such a high ranked individual like you?" He answered.

"I don't like suck ups," Enzo said and Seb and I both gave him a look but he purposely didn't look at us.

Marco quickly stepped in. "My brother in law wasn't trying to suck up to you. He was trying to say that he didn't believe you would want to talk to him because he is not that important."

"I started as a nobody with nothing," Enzo told them. "I am the last person you should be afraid to approach."

"Your papa was capo, sir. The youngest and best one we ever had," Lorenzo said.

"Yeah, look where that got him. Killed with nothing left in his name."

"Enzo, they were just trying to be nice," Seb told him.

Enzo sighed. "What I am trying to say is that it doesn't matter who I am. You can approach me anytime."

Enzo means well but everything he says just comes out mean. I mean, at least he corrected himself.

Baby steps.

Marco smiled. "It looks like our future capo is going to take back his rightful spot."

"That's right!" Lorenzo joined. "I don't care what anybody else says. Romano is a coward who doesn't deserve his position."

"Let's slip away from all that business talk," Maria whispered into my ear and I followed her.

She picked up two glasses of champagne and handed one to me.

"Cheers," she said as she lifted up her glass.

"Cheers," I said back as I clicked mine with hers.

"You are very pretty," she complimented me as we sat down on the balcony. "Better than Francesca."

I turned to her. "You know Francesca?"

"Everyone does. She is the princess around here. Everyone thought she would be the one who Mr. Enzo married."

"Really?"

I wanted to know more about her. No one tells me about her. She might tell me.

She nodded. "Everyone was so shocked when they found out he got married to someone else. I'm happy though. Never liked her."

"In my opinion, you are an upgrade. You are Mr. Enzo compliment each other so well. He never used to smile or talk at events. That is why Lorenzo said what he said."

I figured.

"You must love him as well. The way you looked at him as he talked made me remember how I first felt when Lorenzo and I got married."

She's lying. I don't love him.

"Maria!" Lorenzo shouted with with big smile on his face.

We both got up and walked back over to them.

"Baby, Mr. Enzo has just offered me a higher station under his leadership."

Her mouth dropped and she immediately bowed. "Oh, thank you, sir."

"Please, get up," Enzo said. "Don't make me regret this."

"I will not, sir!" He said before they all left.

"Enzo is changing. He would've never done that, especially to someone he doesn't know," Seb whispered into my ear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.6K 927 43
*A VACATION ROMANCE* (please remember this was my first attempt of writing a book and it probably sucks!) When 𝐄𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐊𝐚𝐲 a smart bo...
31.6K 668 29
*arrange marriage* Marino lucciano(29) is known for being ruthless and cruel. The number 1 Italian Mafia family, is ruled by him. Having Mercy is th...
3.4M 79.7K 56
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 Emilia, a mixture of Enzo and Elianna. She isn't afraid of anyone and is a headstrong force to be reckoned...
1.1M 21.5K 46
𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀 𝐅𝐀𝐘𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐆𝐎 was a very happy girl. When she was little her and her bestfriend would do everything together until somethi...