Her Secret

By _dat_one_girl_

𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 Enzo Mariano is known for being nothing but ruthless. He is feared... More

Important Disclaimers
Character Aesthetics
1|End of Discussion
2|Some Man Giving Orders
3|Bridal Shower
4|Kiss Your Bride
5|Wedding Reception
6|My New Normal
7|Rules
8|Sebastian
9|Not the End
10|New Friend
11|Blood
12|A Little Freedom
13|Murderer
14|Attempted Murder
15|A Disaster
16|Loveless Marriage
17|Ballet
18|Isabella
19|Baby Steps
20|Sexy Kittens
21|His Way
22|The Ball
23|Even More Secrets
24|Tired of Me
25|A Goddess
26|One Sided
27|Toddler Steps
28|Avoidance
29|Her First Date
31|In Love
32|All On Me
33|Keep It Together
34|Fear Triumphs Desire
35|Done Being Nice
36|Work it Out
37|Best Feeling
38|Growing Feeling
39|Changing
40|Prepare for War
41|Wrong or Right?
42|Private Plane
43|The Honeymoon
44|His Story
45|Backshots
46|Elianna Mariano
47|The Big Reveal
48|His Office
49|Luca
50|Time for Revenge
51|Prepare for Landing
52|Grow Old Together
53|Revenge
54|Best Family
Epilogue
His Secret
Emilia's Book Out Now

30|His First Date

163K 4.5K 3.2K
By _dat_one_girl_

Enzo's POV

We stayed silent as we both ate our meals.

We both ordered the pesto pasta. So far it tasted pretty good.

I scanned the restaurant with my eyes for a second time.

I didn't like being in public. I was a sitting duck out here. Anybody could be holding a gun under these tables.

However, I knew Seb and he wouldn't have picked any restaurant. He would make sure it's completely safe first but it doesn't hurt to check myself.

When I thought everything looked okay, I returned my attention back to her.

She looked very pretty in her cute dress.

I liked the way she curled her hair and how light she did her makeup.

In my opinion, the dress was too short and I didn't like the fact that her back was out so much.

However, I kept said opinion to myself because I know it would result in a fight.

I have been trying my best these days to give her space and avoid arguments.

I wake up earlier than I should and come back later than I should.

It's working and it seems like she likes it this way.

She wants to be by herself and have space. I get that.

I will give her space for our whole marriage if it's that what she wants.

I can't lose her. She is my responsibility.

I don't want her to leave and then I have to find a whole new wife and show her who I am again.

Elianna already knows who I am and what I stand for. So far she hasn't tried to run away but she made it clear to me that she will.

If that's the case then I'll give up. It will be a sign telling me to just accept my defeat.

I didn't even mean to come late. I even left work early so I could go home and take a shower but I ended up taking an hour to decide what flowers I should get her.

I didn't even decide on one in the end. I just took all.

I was starting to feel vulnerable and uncomfortable.

This time it was not because I was sitting in a building with unfamiliar people.

However, it was because she has gotten me to admit things that I had managed to hide away from.

I have not even said these things to Sebastian. I don't talk about these kind of stuff with him.

I don't talk about these kind of stuff with anybody.

Those are private and not meant to be shared yet I told her.

I stood. "Let's go."

I can't stay here any longer. I'm starting to think and I don't like thinking.

She looked up at me. "What? We haven't even gotten dessert yet."

"Dessert is an unnecessary section of dinner that only causes people to gain weight and practice unhealthy eating."

"I love dessert," she told me.

"The people here are suspicious. We should go," I said.

"Enzo," she said. "Wait!"

"What?"

"We haven't even paid the bill as yet."

I sat back down. "Oh."

I forgot I can't just walk out like that. It had been so long since I came to one of these places.

"Since we are still here, we can get dessert," she smiled innocently.

Stop being so cute.

"I think I'll get a cheesecake," she said as she looked through the dessert menu. "Do you want the same?"

I raised my eyebrow.

"Oh come on Enzo. Don't tell me you haven't tried cheesecake before," she said in disbelief.

I shook my head.

"What happened to when you were a kid? You've never tried cheesecake when you were younger?"

That was a thing?

"No, most of my youth was taken away from me so eating cheesecake was not a priority," I answered honestly and that seemed to put us in an awkward situation. "However, I'm willing to try it."

Her eyes lit up and she immediately called the waiter.

Our cheesecake was brought to us in no time and I took a piece.

"How is it?" She eagerly asked.

I allowed the flavours to savour in my mouth a few more seconds before answering her.

"Satisfactory."

Her mouth dropped. "Just that? What about amazing, outstanding, magnificent?"

"It's not that good," I admitted and she stood up.

"Whatever," she said. "Just pay so we can leave."

My honesty seemed to have upset her but I don't know why.

That is who I am. That is who I have always been.

I have never lied about my opinions on anything.

I like to tell the truth so people don't think they're heading into sunshine and rainbows when in reality, they will only see thunderstorms.

I pulled out my wallet and paid the bill and a handsome tip then we walked out.

As we stood outside waiting for the valet to bring my car in front I tried not to look at her but her shivering was distracting.

I took off my jacket and awkwardly put it on her back. "Here."

She looked back at me. "Oh no, you don't have to."

I didn't want her to be cold anymore. I wanted her to feel warm and safe.

"Your constant shivering annoys me," I told her and that seemed to upset her again.

"I'm sorry," I admitted in a low tone and she looked at me.

"What?"

I sighed. Was she seriously going to make me say it again?

"I'm sorry for coming late, not answering your text and saying things to upset you."

I'm never going to tell her that again.

This was our first date so I should try to make an effort, at least once.

She was forcing herself not to smile but failed miserably.

I stretched out my hand to her. "Can we be at peace just for tonight?"

She nodded as she took my hand and shook it.

I leaned in and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

That is what couples do right? They kiss.

I went on a website to see how to have the perfect first date and it said to start with flowers and then end it with a kiss on the lips.

However, I knew my limits.

We will never get to that stage where we are connecting lips.

I started to pull away but paused midway as those eyes of hers watched me.

My heart started to race, a feeling that I didn't like at all, as I watched her.

Her eyes slowly traveled from my eyes down to my lips.

She bit her lips as she watched them in great concentration which made me feel things that I did not like.

She was so hot right now.

I suddenly felt a bulge between my pants and I knew I had to look away at once.

I cleared my throat.

"The car's here," I said as I cleared my throat and walked over to the side.

...

As we stepped out of the car to go inside, Seb came out the house and started walking to us.

His face didn't look right.

He looked stressed and looked like he had been crying.

Seb was a big crier when he was ready.

"Seb, what are you doing here? It's almost midnight," I said but he stayed silent with his head lowered.

"I should probably go inside," Elianna awkwardly said and I nodded.

She didn't say a word to me in the car. She just looked out the window the entire time.

"Seb, come on you're scaring me."

"Carlo and the other's are dead," he said. "I went to- I went to warn them and they told me they were going to listen to me."

I lowered my head but I was not surprised.

"Seb, I told you this would happen. Why are you so upset?"

He looked up at me slowly. "Henry went with them."

My heart dropped and I started to lose my balance.

Seb quickly held me up. "He said he wanted to get rid of him for you. He told me he would die fighting to make you happy. He said the plan was solid-"

I looked at him. "Wait, you knew?"

"They told me they would stick to the original and not go but apparently Romano took an outpost-"

I started walking to the old car as I deafened myself from hearing Sebastian's voice and any voice for a matter of fact.

Vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 21.4K 46
𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀 𝐅𝐀𝐘𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐆𝐎 was a very happy girl. When she was little her and her bestfriend would do everything together until somethi...
64.8K 1.3K 18
《𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲. 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐏𝐬𝐲𝐜𝐡𝐨 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐦𝐚 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟�...
3M 58.5K 44
COMPLETED✅ Arturo Vasquez -Head of Spanish mafia- was planning on accepting the proposal of Russian mafia leader Ivan Volkov's for his daughter, Aiya...
436K 11.4K 63
A man claimed by the devil. A woman claimed by no one. Until him. Santo Romano is a monster. His family relies on him to torture and kill. It's his...