Her Secret

By _dat_one_girl_

๐…๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐„๐ง๐ž๐ฆ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ Enzo Mariano is known for being nothing but ruthless. He is feared... More

Important Disclaimers
Character Aesthetics
1|End of Discussion
2|Some Man Giving Orders
3|Bridal Shower
4|Kiss Your Bride
5|Wedding Reception
6|My New Normal
7|Rules
8|Sebastian
9|Not the End
10|New Friend
11|Blood
12|A Little Freedom
13|Murderer
14|Attempted Murder
15|A Disaster
16|Loveless Marriage
17|Ballet
18|Isabella
19|Baby Steps
20|Sexy Kittens
21|His Way
22|The Ball
23|Even More Secrets
24|Tired of Me
25|A Goddess
26|One Sided
27|Toddler Steps
29|Her First Date
30|His First Date
31|In Love
32|All On Me
33|Keep It Together
34|Fear Triumphs Desire
35|Done Being Nice
36|Work it Out
37|Best Feeling
38|Growing Feeling
39|Changing
40|Prepare for War
41|Wrong or Right?
42|Private Plane
43|The Honeymoon
44|His Story
45|Backshots
46|Elianna Mariano
47|The Big Reveal
48|His Office
49|Luca
50|Time for Revenge
51|Prepare for Landing
52|Grow Old Together
53|Revenge
54|Best Family
Epilogue
His Secret
Emilia's Book Out Now

28|Avoidance

170K 4K 1.1K
By _dat_one_girl_

Elianna's POV

"I'm so sorry Isabella's mom told you those things," Seb told me.

"Neither her nor Enzo told me anything. If I would have known, I would've came sooner."

I haven't seen Seb for the month. He had been working a lot and only finished late.

"They were so mean to each other. Well, Enzo is mean to everyone but she looked sweet."

He laughed. "Yeah well that's kind of my fault. I never told her what I actually did and she came over to Enzo's at the wrong time."

"Oh no, I feel so sorry that she had to see that."

He shook his head. "Don't worry, that was years ago. She's just dragging it out."

"But she said she takes pills."

He laughed. "She lied. She is just trying to make Enzo feel guilty."

He looked around. "Speaking of Enzo, where is he?"

"He was still sleeping when I woke up," I said as I sipped my coffee and he started to smile. "What?"

He shook his head and he bounced the tea bag up and down in the mug.

"Nothing, it's just that I haven't heard that you two were fighting for a while. It seems like things are good."

I scoffed. "That's because we avoid each other. It works for us."

He dropped his smile. "You two are married."

"That doesn't change anything. We can't stand each other. I thought it would wear off after the first month but things are just the same, maybe even worse."

"I believe you two can make it. Some relationships take time to blossom. Some might take weeks, months or years."

"Years!!!???" I shouted. "Enzo would have already killed me by then."

"He is not going to kill you or hurt you. All those thoughts have already left his mind by now."

"How do you know that?"

"He has been my best friend for years. I know what he thinks half of the time."

"And the other half?"

He gave me a look.

"Not even Enzo knows what he is going to think about for that other half. He just automatically does stuff that randomly pops up in his mind. That is what makes him so unpredictable."

"So what about killing me? Wouldn't that randomly pop up?"

He sighed. "You said he's avoiding you right? That means he's avoiding the need to get mad at you."

"Seb, do you see how you sound? How could any of this turn into a relationship?"

He gave me a devious look. "You'll see."

We both heard to footsteps and turned to see Enzo marching in the kitchen.

I could tell he had just woken up because he had lines on his face and his hair was all messy.

He ignored us and walked straight to the counter and poured himself some coffee.

He finally came and sat down by us.

Seb opened his mouth and Enzo immediately raised his hand. "Don't."

He closed his eyes and took a sip of his coffee before lowering his hand. "Now."

Seb laughed. "Looks like you had a good sleep. What did you dream about?"

"Killing Romano."

Romano? Who is Romano?

Seb immediately stopped laughing. "Why would you think about that?"

"It satisfies me," he said as he opened his eyes and looked on me.

I immediately dropped my gaze and looked in my lap.

"What about you wife? Did you have any dangerous dreams last night?" He suddenly asked me.

I quickly looked up at him. "What? N-n-no!"

He chuckled deeply. "Relax, I was pulling your leg."

This was his second joke for the month. What did I do to him?

"She is lying," Seb said. "She had a sex dream about you."

We both turned to look at him.

"No I did not!" I defended myself and Seb tried to hold in his laugh. He turned to Enzo who turned to look at me. "I didn't. I really didn't!"

"You two need to start boning each other. This sexual tension between you two is annoying," Seb said.

We fell into an awkward silence.

"Oh come on, are you telling me you two don't find each other hot?" He asked.

"Seb stop," Enzo told him.

"All I'm saying is that your marriage might be easier once you two start doing a little action."

I slowly looked back to him.

Could that be our problem? Was it because we had so much built up tension between us that we can't seem to get along?

I looked back down.

That was stupid. How could us not having sex make us dislike each other?

Either way, I'm not having sex with him. I've never came close to the thought.

"Okay fine, you win," Seb said.

I get what he was trying to do but he was wrong about us.

We just aren't compatible.

I mean we were two strangers who got married without really knowing the personality of each other. What were the odds of us being made for each other?

He was a murderer first of all and I wouldn't even hurt a soul. He was also dark and grumpy while I was mostly bright and positive.

We have nothing in common. We were complete opposites so I highly doubt us having sex is going to change any of this.

"Hey Seb, did you hear anything from Carlo?" Enzo asked and Seb shook his head.

"No, why?"

"Last month he told me he was going to strike without me."

"What!?" Seb shouted. "You can't let him do that!"

He shrugged. "I tried to stop him."

"Well help him."

"We are sticking to the plan, Seb. Anybody who wants to stray away from the course will go by themselves. My plan will definitely work."

"He'll die!" Seb shouted at him.

Enzo looked at him and shrugged. "We will send a gift basket to his mother."

"You bastard!" Seb shouted as he got up and slammed his hand on the table. "That's Carlo we are talking about!"

Enzo got up and also slammed his hands on the table which caused me to flinch. "Yeah and he wants to leave! I warned him but he didn't listen. Romano knows he is coming. It's a trap!"

Seb sat back down then once Enzo realized he calmed down he sat back down too.

"I'm sorry Seb," Enzo said. "I know you liked him but he chose this path. If you want to try to talk him out of it, go ahead but we are not joining him."

Seb shook head. "I cant believe him."

"Who is Romano?" I asked Enzo and he looked at me. "You said I could ask you questions."

He and Seb both looked at each other.

"Is that a secret too?" I asked and he looked back at me.

"No. He is a man I don't like and I'm going to kill him," Enzo answered.

"Why? You shouldn't just kill innocent people just because you don't like them."

Seb touched me and shook his head. "Stop."

I looked back over to Enzo and he was clearly triggered about what I said but didn't say anything bad.

"I'm sorry," I told him. "You don't have to tell me who he is."

Enzo stood up. "I'm going out by the car."

When he left, I turned to Seb. "I'm sorry, I don't know who it is."

He shook his head with a smile. "It's ok , Elle. Enzo didn't even get mad so you don't need to apologize. You are too sweet."

I feel bad.

He went on his phone and my phone suddenly pinged.

I picked up my phone and saw a notification from him. "What's this?"

"A dinner reservation for you and Enzo for tomorrow. If you two won't give sex a try then give talking one."

"Enzo isn't exactly the best talker."

He frowned. "Just do it for me please and I'm also sorry for lying earlier about you having a sex dream. I just wanted to get that idea in his head."

"That was stupid."

He lowered his head. "I know, I know."

He stood up. "Have fun on your first date with Enzo. May your love story finally begin."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.1K 1.8K 35
โ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ข ๐€๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐š ๐’๐š๐ง๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐จ Being in the shadows, she gets no attention from her abusive father. Only wanting to go to collage and become succes...
3.4M 79.2K 56
๐…๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐„๐ง๐ž๐ฆ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ Emilia, a mixture of Enzo and Elianna. She isn't afraid of anyone and is a headstrong force to be reckoned...
437K 11.4K 63
A man claimed by the devil. A woman claimed by no one. Until him. Santo Romano is a monster. His family relies on him to torture and kill. It's his...
5.4M 186K 105
"You wear your darkness like some women wear a little black dress, it's shining in those green eyes of yours." "Underestimating me will be anyone's f...