Enchanted (Billionaire Boys...

By booksbykyra

Donatella Winters: Spellbindingly beautiful. Effortlessly smart. Not the most popular but friendly with eve... More

Authors Note.
Playlist
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chaoter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapyer 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chaoter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chaoyer 37
Chapyer 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chaoter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67

Chapter 16

1.4K 52 10
By booksbykyra

Donatella:

My eyes blink open, a small yawn caught in my throat.

I burrow further into my bed, moving the covers over my head.

Wait...

I sit up, looking at my surroundings, which happen to be my bedroom.

I don't remember getting home last night.

Come to think of it, I don't remember leaving ballet practice. Or my usual meeting with Darius, either.

My brows furrow as I touch my forehead and as soon as I do,  a memory of Darius doing the same thing flashes through my head.

Oh. Now I remember what happened.

Hold on.

Did he... take me home?

All I can recall is him offering me a gentle lecture about telling him whenever I feel ill.

I did feel rather sick yesterday but I thought I could handle a few more hours of being out. Perhaps that was a bad idea.

Glancing down, I notice that I'm still in my dance clothes. Well, of course I am. It's not like he'd change me or anything.

Woah. Okay. I'm not sure why images of him doing exactly that just popped into my head but I'm just going to pretend that they didn't.

I smooth the hair atop my head, running my hand through the strands.

Ugh, if I didn't come home between those two events, that means I didn't shower.

Yesterday's practice didn't cause me to sweat a lot, it was mostly a flexibility workout. Though, I'm pretty sure I stopped halfway through and took a seat on the sofa because I felt dizzy.

Which obviously concluded with me falling into a deep nap. Which is then how Darius found me.

I feel like I should be embarrassed but my head is still way too fuzzy for that. The feeling may kick in later, though. I guess we'll just wait and see.

I push myself out of bed and slide my feet into the slippers beside my bed, making my way to my closet.

I find my ballet bag on one of the chairs and walk up to it, unzipping the seal and seeing my phone right at the top of my things.

Taking it out, I check the time to see that it's already moon.

I turn around to pick out a comfy outfit before leaving the closet to enter my bathroom, where I take a shower, complete all of my routines and get changed.

Emerging, feeling slightly less sluggish, i decide that it's be a good idea to thank Darius for what he did last night.

Cuddling up on one of my sofas, I lay a blanket over my legs and switch on my phone.

Me
Hey. I just wanted to thank you for bringing me home yesterday. You didn't have to do that.

After a minute of silence, I decide that he must be busy and instead, turn on my tv.

I put on the first episode of True Beauty, one of my comfort shows, especially when I'm sick. Not to mention, one of my favourite K-dramas in general.

A quarter way through the first episode, there's a knock on my door and I hit pause.

"Come in."

A maid, Alice, walks in and stops short when she sees me. "You're awake."

"I woke up not too long ago." I explain. "Then I had a shower and sat down. I still feel a little drowsy."

"I brought up some breakfast." She comes over and sets the tray onto the table adjacent to the sofa.

"Thank you."

She touches the back of her hand to my forehead. "Still warm." She murmurs before pouring some tea into a teacup. "Drink this."

I take it. Blowing and putting my lips to the rim.

She smooths her hand over my hair. "Your mother was very worried about you last night."

"I know." I sigh. "I'm sorry for scaring you all. I didn't mean to."

"We know. Though, I think that boy was scared, too."

"You mean Darius?"

She hums. "He came like a storm. Demanding where you are. Then, he goes and finds you. Brings you back."

My cheeks heat some. "I know. It was nice of him."

She scoffs. "Nice. He was very rude."

"He was?"

"Yes. But, he returned you to us. So he if forgiven. For now."

I smile and she mirrors it.

"I will leave you alone. Call if you need something."

"Mhm."

She closes the door behind her and I unpause the tv, then turn to the tray.

A bowl of Phở sits waiting, a pair of chopsticks at its side. I lay down the tea and go to pick up the bowl but just as I bring some of the noodles to my mouth, my phone vibrates.

I set the bowl aside and raise my screen to see that Darius responded to my text.

Darius
No problem.

But remember what I told you.

Don't do that again. It could be dangerous.

Me
I know. I'm sorry.

Darius
Don't be sorry.

Just remember what I said.

Me
I will.

I hesitate before shooting off another text.

Me
One of the maids said that you were rude to them when you came.

Darius
And?

Me
Were you?

Darius
I wasn't being intentionally discourteous.

But they should've reacted better to you not showing up.

Me
Well, they thank you for bringing me back.

And they forgive your impoliteness.

Darius
No offence, darling.

But I don't really give a fuck what they think of me.

Me
Of course not.

Darius
?

Me
I didn't mean that in a bad way

Darius
I know

No meeting tomorrow, by the way.

I frown.

Me
How come?

I swear I'll show up this time. It was a one time mistake.

Darius
You got that right.

And I'm giving you the weekend to regenerate.

Besides, I'm busy tomorrow.

See how easy that was?

You should do exactly that the next time you can't come.

Me
Okay. I get it.

Very funny.

Darius
But seriously.

I don't need to hear that you've collapsed on Monday or anything.

Me
I understand.

I'll see you then.

Bye bye.

Darius
Bye, sweetheart.

I sigh, dropping my phone to my lap and picking up the Phở again.

I would not collapse.

Dramatic much?

But I do have to say, it seemed like he genuinely cared if i was okay.

The thought brings a smile to my face.

I really think this friendship thing is going to work out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430 16 12
Colette, a young girl who sees the good in everyone and everything, tries to befriend her new neighbor who just moved in-a brooding 28 year old named...
658 21 11
Amaya is in her second year of college trying to pass her exams and just trying to stay outta trouble for the two years. It all seems to be going gre...
26.1K 569 33
Soleil Dubois was the sweetest person you could ever meet. Her name meant 'sun' in French and that was exactly what she was. Sunshine. But don't let...
143K 4.2K 58
Winters Academy is home to the sons and daughters of some of the most prestigious families in the world! The school is known for its excellent academ...