The Bad Batch: A Heart-breaki...

By betheyes

One of the batchers has been acting strange according to Omega but the brothers don't acknowledge it. So Omeg... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Final Chapter

Chapter 51

18 1 1
By betheyes

(Warnings: Mention of Suicide/Death - not too much detail)

A year and half later…

A smile fell over his features as he watched the reactions of his children in one of the many pools in their holiday accommodation, his two lovers were in the pools holding their toddlers while the youngest was in her own floaty. Yep Casey was now one year old while Naomi and Colton had just turned three. It was amazing how much time had passed and on top of that Omega, Hera and Amber were now the age of fifteen. They were on one of their first family holidays in another area, a hot one. They had travelled via Fives and his private jets which Hunter had now invested into meaning it was split between the three of them, not that Tristan needed anymore money with the amount he had made over the years, he knew his family would be covered for anything especially his kids. All of the batch were on holiday, Echo and Tech had their own room with an attached room for Hera even if she did end up sleeping in Omega and Amber’s room since it was what the girls wanted. Of course their parents provided for them since Kix as a gift a few months ago bought them all villa’s in their favourite places, one being where they were. It was huge and had a garage that had about twelve cars in, it showed Kix’s apology within the walls of the villa as he provided one for each couple and Rose couldn’t be more thankful for her dad’s help, since she herself had money struggles but he always came through but made her work for it which she was thankful for, so now she had become a travel expert and Wrecker benefitted from the free holidays. 

Sadly some things came to an end and certain family members were drawn to sadness over happiness. Sighing to himself Crosshair smiled watching his family jump around and splash in the water while he lay on a sunbed under an umbrella almost like the vampire he is. He wasn’t the only one as Rose lay beside him watching Wrecker jump around like a big kid, she couldn’t help but laugh. 

“He’s just a big kid isn’t he?” Rose turned to her almost brother-in-law, yes Wrecker had proposed and Crosshair had become a brother to her over the years and soon they would all be family on paper because Kix had adopted him a few months ago and was just waiting on the paperwork to come through. 

“Yes, he’s never changed” Crosshair smirked at her, the two shared a smile watching their ‘idiots’ have fun. 

“What was he like back in your army days? Was he really bomb-crazy?” 

Crosshair only raised an eyebrow thinking back to the times he and Wrecker got in so much trouble with explosives as they tested them in probably the worst places. 

“Bomb-crazy is soft, more like he was a big kid on christmas day when we received a new explosive and…” 

Crosshair was interrupted by his phone going off. 

“I thought we agreed no phones down near the pool Tris” Hunter’s tone had Crosshair turning only for the younger man to frown, he looked down at the number not recognising it. 

“But..” 

“Tris” 

It was Fives this time, Crosshair only frowned, switching it off and rolling his eyes at his husbands who smiled. 

“Come on, you will burn too much lying here, at least have some fun in the pool. We have another few days here and you are not avoiding the pool anymore” Wrecker teased scooping up Rose who squealed as they jumped in the pool, the kids all laughing which brought Echo out of his sleep, the man had been curled up on one of the sunbeds while Tech was inside their villa getting some actual sleep. 

“No thanks” Crosshair tried to say only for Fives to scoop him up and basically drop him in the pool making him gasp for air, Hunter was quick to bring him up to the surface leaving the two laughing while Crosshair glared at them. 

“Mama!” 

Hearing his daughter, Crosshair swam over to his baby who floated in the baby float which had a shade over the top to keep his youngest from getting sunburnt. 

“Hey baby, enjoying the water” Crosshair whispered, kissing Casey who nodded before her stomach gurgled. Crosshair smiled, pushing the floaty to the side of the pool. He was in the process of climbing out when frantic footsteps from the right revealed to be Tech who was pale white. 

“Tristan, answer your phone now!” Tech urged, he was paleing to the point Echo was up and running over to him only to pull him close. Crosshair scrambled for his phone only to find several voicemails and a number ringing him.

“Is this Tristan Miles-Dawson?” 

“Yes” 

“Are you able to talk?” 

Crosshair looked around his surroundings, he took notice of everyone looking at him even Wrecker who had helped Naomi, Colton and Casey out of the pool and wrapped them up in towels. Grabbing his hoodie he threw it on before moving into his villa, he heard footsteps behind him but he continued for a private room.

“Hunter, let him answer it alone. It’s obviously important” Wrecker held his brother back who nodded watching with worried eyes before turning his attention to his children who were hungry. The three older girls were laughing with Rose while Echo and Tech spoke in the distance, Echo holding Tech close. 

“I am in a private room, just who am I talking to?” 

“Good. My name is Chief Coric. I am calling on behalf of a Chief Medical Commander Kix, otherwise known as Matthias Steiner and Lieutenant Jesse known as, Aiden Steiner” 

“Oh my god, what has happened?” Crosshair found himself sitting down waiting on the information. 

“I’m sorry Son, it is with my deepest regret to inform you that Kix and Jesse were found dead in their home. We believe it was suicide. Kix was wrapped up in Jesse’s arms, a note was left to call you directly knowing that you could contact the family members. I am so sorry Son” 

Crosshair felt his heart shatter hearing the news over the phone. He gulped his emotions down as he asked the question, he knew the answer to. 

“When?” 

“Last night son, I’m so sorry. They were found wrapped up within each other's arms with instructions for them to be buried the same way. I want to inform you, I knew Kix personally so if you ever need anyone to talk to, know that I am here. Since, I am his cousin. I do ask when you can, can you come in and confirm their identities” 

“I’m currently on holiday but I can be back tonight” Crosshair answered as silent tears slipped down his face.

“It’s no rush son but the earlier the better. We are hoping to give them a great send off with what has been noted down. The two deserve it. Son, if you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Please send me your details of flight and I will come pick you up directly, again I’m sorry son” 

Coric’s voice was nothing but sincere and formal but Crosshair could read behind the lines and he could hear the sadness in the tone of who he knew was a family member.

“I do have a question: Why call me? They have biological children?” the question had randomly popped in his head. 

“Because son, Kix and Jesse have had you down as a son for years. Even if you didn’t know it, your siblings have appointed you as the emergency contact. I've looked into your background and I understand why and I’m sure you do. Now I must go son, again, call if you need anything”

With that the phone line cut off and Crosshair was left with tears running down his face, pulling his hood up he opened the glass door that led down to the gardens, he walked down the path that led to the flower beds. He got to a point where he couldn’t walk anymore and he lifted his phone to his ear and listened to a voicemail. 

“Hey Tris, I just want to tell you something. I love you with all my heart and I hope you are having a lovely holiday. I hope the kids aren’t causing too much trouble. Jesse says hi, he’s busy sorting out things because I want to tell you something and I promise that it will take time to get over it but…” 

The voicemail shook slightly as Crosshair listened closely hearing a small sob. Tears blurred his vision as he hung his head listening to his parents ramble, he heard Jesse’s voice through it telling him he loved them all. 

“I’m sorry Tristan but will you tell the others we love them? I just can’t do this anymore putting a fake smile on my face isn’t what I want for you all which is why I am doing this. Jesse sadly is following me into this so, I just want to say ‘I love you with all my heart and hope you to have a happy future, live it to its fullest and enjoy it because it’s important to make the memories that have so much meaning to you. I’m sorry that this wasn’t probably the best time but I love all my children which is why I have done this while you are all away. We will see each other again but not for some time. See you later son…” 

Hearing scuffling Crosshair listened closely as another voice came over the voicemail. 

“Tristan, I am so grateful to have you in my life. All of you, even though none of you are biologically related to me, it’s been an honour being the father figure to you but you must all understand, I can’t live without Kix so I’m leaving this life with him and want to say I love you all. He won’t be alone, we have made sure to write instructions for our funeral, I want to hold him close and keep him near and I know this isn’t the best news but he has been really struggling to even get out of bed. He begged me not to do this but I am which is why I have put together a folder of memories, diaries and much more. I have recorded things over the years between Kix and all of the kids, one is made for each of you and this includes you and Caleb. Tell them all we love them and we will see you in the future. We are sorry we were unable to see Casey or our future grandchildren grow old with the others but know that this was done for Kix, call me what you want but Kix is my priority so son, i just want to say. Thank you, I love you and we will see each other again, see you later son” 

The call was cut off and Crosshair found himself sinking to the ground, his body slumped against a tree and he sobbed openly, he heard the faint sounds of footsteps and the calls of his name as he curled in on himself and he cried. Arms of warmth wrapped around him, he wasn’t aware of who but all he could do was slump into the arms as his vision went dark. 

When he came too he heard babbling and some small hands were pressing against his face while another presence was felt through a hand running through his hair. He groaned slightly, alerting whoever was running their hands through his hair to look down. 

“He’s waking up” 

Those three words belonged to Rose, he blinked awake only to see Rose and Teck kneeling down in front of him. 

“Tris?” 

He turned his head to see a worried Hunter looking down at him, “Are you okay?” Fives whispered, moving into view. Blinking, Crosshair looked around to see his toddlers and Casey playing on the floor beside the sofa while the three older girls were not in the room while Wrecker and Echo sat at a nearby table. 

“Geez, Tris. You really had us worried. You collapsed on us all” Hunter whispered, kissing his forehead as Crosshair was helped into a sitting position in which he found himself to be the centre attention in the room. Tech moved slightly in his vision as did Rose, the two checking over him, he pushed their hands away from him as he hung his head. 

“Love, what is it?” Hunter wrapped him up only for Crosshair to flinch which made Hunter let go in shock. All of them watched the way Crosshair curled in on himself until a smaller body squirmed their way in. Looking down, Crosshair could only hold Casey close to his chest as he swallowed. 

“Who rang you?” Echo questioned. 

“Tris, was it Coric? He only told me to inform you to answer your phone” Tech added. Crosshair could only nod. 

“What did Uncle Coric want?” Rose turned to Crosshair who tried to smile only for tears to slip down his face. 

“NO!” Rose cried out, leading to Wrecker to wrap her up. 

“What?” Fives asked in confusion only for the words to escape his husband’s mouth. 

“I’m sorry Rose, Caleb. But, Kix and Jesse have passed away” 

Silence was the only noise apart from the sobs coming from Rose and tears from the room. 

I have decided there will be two more chapters to finish this book off! Before the new book is released!
Thank you for all reads/votes/comments, every single read is much appreciated :-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 97 18
(This is my first story I hope you like it❤️) The Bad Batch finds a knocked out female human. She has no memory of who she use to be. She joins the B...
145K 4.6K 45
When she was asked to join the Bad Batch she though little to nothing about it. I mean she was a doctor after all and her job was to make sure the cl...
3.6K 80 11
🌥 - Fluff 😚 - Standard stuff 🍓 - Sexually suggestive (16+) 🍋 - Sexual sex (18+) ⛈ - Angst (please have caution) DM or comment your requests and I...
184K 6.2K 122
I'm obsessed with TBB (Dad Batch). This show means everything to me and I'm so sad it's over. I entered high school with the batch and I ended high...