β™› 𝔽𝕒π•₯𝕖𝕕 𝔹π•ͺ 𝔻𝕖𝕀π•₯π•šοΏ½...

Av AuraMaster01

**Disclaimer: I Do Not Own This Story and PokΓ©mon** Boy meets girl. Destinies intertwined. Red meets blue. Th... Mer

Prologue-0
Prologue 1: BEGINNINGS
Prologue 2: THE START OF A DREAM
Prologue 3: RIVALS
Chapter 1: THE PALLET TRIO
Chapter 2: THE CITY OF STONE GRAY
Chapter 3: ROCK HARD BATTLE
Chapter 4: THE FLORAL LAGOON CITY
Chapter 5: WATERFLOWER
Chapter 6: GREEN (1)
Chapter 7: GREEN (2)
Chapter 8: GREEN (3)
Chapter 9: GREEN (4)
Chapter 10: GREEN (5)
Chapter 11: BLUE (1)
Chapter 12: BLUE (2)
Chapter 12.5: CALM BEFORE THE STORM
Chapter 13: SILPH CO
Chapter 14: RED EYES
Chapter 15: AFTERMATH
Chapter 16: BLUE (3)
Chapter 17: BLUE (4)
Chapter 18: ONE ROAD
Thanks
Chapter 19: RESTART
Chapter 20: CUBONE
Chapter 21: EIGHTH BADGE
Chapter 22: PROMISE
Chaoter 23: A BEAUTIFUL DREAM
Chapter 24: GRAND LEAGUE
Chapter 25: PRELIMINARIES (1)
Chapter 26: PRELIMINARIES (2)
Chapter 27: PRELIMINARIES (3)
Chapter 28: PRELIMINARIES (4)
Chapter 29: PRELIMINARIES (5)
Chapter 30: PRELIMINARIES (6)
Chapter 31: FESTIVAL OF CHAMPIONS
Chapter 32: REMATCH
Chapter 33: TYPE WILD
Chapter 34: THE FLAMING EYES
Chapter 35: SECOND ROUND
Chapter 36: DARK ASSAULT
Chapter 37: MY ENEMY
Chapter 38: TOOTH AND NAIL
Chapter 39: BLUE'S BATTLE
Chapter 40: UNDER THE SAME SKY
Chapter 41: MIND'S EYE
Chapter 42: CLASH OF ICE & FIRE
New Cover
Chapter 43: NINE STRIKES
Chapter 44:A Brief Respite
Chapter 45: ONE GIRL'S RESOLVE
Chapter 46:A Costly Victory
Chapter 47: The Semi-Finals Begin!
Chapter 48: Fire Red & Leaf Green (1)
New Story
Chapter 49 : Fire Red & Leaf Green (2)
Thank u
Chapter 50: Fire Red & Leaf Green (Finals)
Chapter 51: Reconciliation
Chapter 52: [M01] Mewtwo Stikes Back!
Chapter 53: You Reap What You Sow
Chapter 54: The Orange League Begins!
Chapter 55: Prepare For Trouble!
Chapter 56: Divergence
Chapter 57: Incarnations & Origins
Chapter 58: A Queen's Treasure
Chapter 59: An Unstable Blade
Chapter 60: [M02] The Power Of One
Chapter 61: Orange Finale
Chapter 62: The Fighter
Chapter 63: UNITE
Kanto - Afterword
Chapter 65: Trouble Dealings
Chapter 66: Johto Gang, Assemble
Chapter 67: Smoke and Fire
Chapter 68: A Thousand Arrows
Chapter 69: To You, 3,000 Years Later
Chapter 70: The Chikorita Rescue
Chapter 71: Violet City
Chapter 72: Sprout Tower
Chapter 73: Nearing The Edge
Chapter 74: The Valley Of Flames
Chapter 75: The Blacksmith
Chapter 76: Eggs & Green Onions
Chapter 77: Clutch Critical
Chapter 78: Homecoming
Chapter 79: M03 - Spell of The Unown

Chapter 64: Opening

597 16 41
Av AuraMaster01

Author's Notes

We back once again, ladies and gentlemen! We Johto now!

*Applause!*

Now then, let's begin with some troubling updates. Sooo, I've been busy lately and school's about to enter final boss phase so I'm grinding a lot while writing. As you can see, this simple introductory chap took almost a whole ass month to write up. Pressure was my constant companion, no joke.

So, Johto's gonna have the Regigas Ability start so I can focus more on my schoolwork. But fret not! I will be up and running when I'm done!

Johto's gonna be extra fun after some revisions I made and adding new shit into Fated.

Of course, that means its gonna take a bit longer due to my personal stuff, but hey! This chapter's got some LORE!

So for the next few weeks when I'm fighting for my life, I hope you guys have some fun theorycrafting wtf is going here. (Especially the first part)

.

As for some of my limited free time, I've been enjoying FF16 gameplay and story immensely. And the world is eerily similar to what Fated's worldbuilding is supposed to be:

Eikons = Legendaries, Dominants = Incarnations (0.0)

Little bit of some foreshadowing, huehuehue~ (Not really since Fated has established rules but the concept is there)

As such, Lore Explanations are gonna turn into ATL (Active Time Lore) since it's more efficient. I'll be using it on a new character this chapter!

And now, to the reviews!

.

.

.

From f46adpg:

I am wondering how are you going to handle kyurem and all. The true dragons concept will kind of wear off after the original dragon or first dragon comes into play. And this sets up how Ash is going to raise Gible as well. Kind of the whole true dragon line which is shown will affect that won't it? You'll have to give him some sentimental moment to reflect in clutch moments because if not then this will ruin this chapter in the future. Also really excited about the orbs of hoenn with all of the dagger and sword. They are like the most shown and hyped up items in all of Pokemon and also like the only ones if we don't count power of one. I'm kinda bugged off about lapras but the ending was good so I can't complain too much. You did kinda lazily released 3 of his Pokemon but it surprisingly works. The downside is just that an accomplished trainer has just 3 Pokemon or technically 4 now. That will be funny to reflect on if you ever mention it. Also, are fairies going to be introduced as a new type or existing? Dragons most vulnerable type is supposed to be fairy with them not even able to affect them with any attacks and technically most of the dragons which look like dragons can't learn any steel type moves except steel wings or poison type.
I was really hoping that Charizard would defeat him here. He hasn't got a proper win in the story. And the ones he has got are kind of half skipped. His ability to use 2 or 3 moves is great so I hope you highlight them as he becomes a powerhouse. I mean we haven't got to see that Charizard pride have we? I will be sore if you just release him at the charicific valley but it kind of works I guess. Like after he buffs up his strength and all Ash's tactics and his overall battle prowess will make him a monster to deal with with moves like thunder punch and all. But he was the starter Pokemon so I don't know man. The johto team was bad bro. Like with every single one of them involved and later highlighting phanpy and larvitar they never got to properly battle after defeating miltank. And that was like his greatest strategy ever. Looking that far ahead and sacrificing 2 Pokemon voluntarily to get a perfect win in the end. Johto Ash was like the most tactical of all the Ashs in my opinion. Other Ash's like the sinnoh have more made up moves like your fakes but basing it off on the best mind johto Ash wins in my opinion.
Also can you please not use orange dragon for dragonite while fighting Charizard who is a literal orange dragon. Isn't dragonite yellow. I almost thought Charizard was using a fake Draco meteor

.

Hey, f46adpg. Thanks for the lengthy review, m8.
Since I have the time now, I'll answer your questions and eventually put this in the future author's notes.

First off, the True Dragons.
As the chapter said, Dragon types are based on the True Dragons, like a blueprint of sorts.
So, where does the Original Dragon fit in? Well, for one, whose to say the Original Dragon isn't a True Dragon?
The Original Dragon being a True Dragon whose blueprints were born as BW duo. Kyurem isn't part of it in Fated due to me going the alien route.

Lapras.
Yeah, sorry about that. The chapter was really getting long and I was kinda scared I'll get even more ideas as I write, so better to just write it off as fast as possible before I think of something stupid to extend. So, I understand the grievances with the release and its rush, so really sorry about that.
But hey, we got more gags about Ash having less Pokemon than he started.

Dragons and Fairies.
Now this is a hard topic to get into since its mostly spoiler territory. Remember back when Chapter 62 came out, the author's notes at the bottom said that if this was a FF game, Dragons and Fairies would be the logo?
Yeah, that's how important those two types are.
They are an existing type since Blue used a Fairy move back in the Grand League. However, Ash currently doesn't have a Fairy Pokemon or have a Fairy move. I was thinking about BS'ing my way for Pikachu to somehow use a Fairy move, but I scrapped that immediately since it doesn't make sense.
The reason why Dragons are hyped up in Fated is due to y'know, bias in-universe. Everybody thinks Dragons are the best cuz of how cool they are and how they can learn a lot of moves.
An Ice type coming for yo dragon? Use a Fire move.
Fairies? Use Steel or Poison. (I did a check and surprisingly, Iron Head and Poison Jab can be learnt by a sizable amount of Dragon Pokemon, though Regidrago is a lmao since it can't learn anything to counter fairies)
It all boils down to raw strength, which is why people think Dragons are strong. But what Fated's Trainers don't know is how broken Fairies can be in-universe, since we're also following Arthurian myths plus Fate lore.
Dragons have True Dragons as their 'ancestors' while Fairies have... Whoops, that's spoiler territory. But hopefully, I managed to answer why Fairies aren't really present in the chapter. (Not really though since a certain someone made her appearance near the end)
So in a way, indirectly, a Fairy did defeat a Dragon.

Charizard.
Oh my lord, do I want him to win so badly as well.
Johto's gonna be his time, don't worry. But I was soooooo tempted to just let Dragonite faint right then and there, giving Charizard the win.
But since the Orange Island is technically Ash's first 'league win', the narrative forces me to use Pikachu as the finisher.
It's to highlight how strong Dragonite is and how unstoppable a max potential Dragon can be. (Cynthia's even stronger so imagine that)
But Drake's Dragonite is an outlier since it's descended from the Pummelo's guardian deity. Although a descendant, it has the 'faith' powerup.
I'll explain more in future chapters, so stay tuned for that.

Johto team
Hard agree they were bad. But to be fair to them, it's more like they were sidelined for the OG team, thus never receiving enough attention.
So, Fated's Johto is gonna focus more on them, which was the intention behind releasing Lapras and Marowak as well as Snorlax being in the ranch. 3 slots for Johto.

Orange Dragon.
Dragonite is actually orange, or light orange according to Bulbapedia. But I can understand why you'd get confused since they're BOTH nearly the same colour.
I was thinking to call Dragonite 'light orange dragon' but that was too wordy... Maybe I do need to put light.

Alright, hopefully I managed to answer most of the stuff you're wondering, though I have 0 confidence in explaining all in a concise manner, that's my flaw.
So, trust the process. I'll do my best to write Fated into an entertaining and satisfying story.

.

From C0rrupted1:

Was that last bit of bold Ash's inner thoughts? Cause if so, does he not really get that's basically insulting Serena? "Love isn't for Ash Ketchum. I don't deserve it." Like what, he doesn't think that him and Serena won't last or something?

Also in terms of the dragon types. We see it with Cynthia's Garbchomp but does the characteristics of dragon types also affect those that are technically dragon types? Like the Pokémon that have Megas that turn them to dragon (ie Sceptile, Ampharous, and Charizard). Do they gain it when they turn to their Mega form or is it strictly for those that are natural dragons?

.

Thank you, Corrupted! Someone noticed it! That's right, Ash is unknowingly insulting Serena, and the worst part is he doesn't even know it! (Since he can't lie, after all). I did say that Ash has some issues (and that's being generous) and those bolded words are the CLOSEST you guys are gonna get to the root of his distorted views on 'love'. I mean, dude legit had a panic attack during Kumquat when he was scared of Serena dying that Zacian had to step up.

Now for da dragons. Both naturals and Megas do get the bonus characteristics but as previously mentioned, those 'Dragons' need to undergo grueling training and unlocking their potential. So by that logic, Natural Drags are better than Mega Drags but since the latter half has stat boosts, it evens out. No powercreeping here, I forbid it!

.

And with that, IKZ to the first chapter of Johto!

.

.

.

It was hot.

There was fire everywhere.

Flames covered my surroundings as their heat permeated my skin.

And yet...

I felt cold. My lifeless body was heartless.

Quickening my demise.

"Please... Don't!"

I heard a voice. It was familiar, and yet, I couldn't see his face.

I felt his hands bringing me close to his warm body.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

How strange. His quivering voice elicited a gentle caress from my hand.

As the person held onto my hand desperately, crying warm tears into it, all I could think of was...

Ah... How warm.

My eyes grew weaker as I could barely see clearly, only the anguished howls of the person holding me.

Please don't cry. I don't know who you are, but please don't cry.

With the remaining strength I had left, I uttered my last words.

Bzzt! Bzzt! Bzzt!

"If... there is ever... a next life..."

B̵̮͑͠z̴̠̮̏͠z̸̛̦̤ṱ̸͓͠!̶̭̽ͅ ̴̞̏̕B̵͕͌z̵̭͍̏z̷̗̱̋t̶̠̥͠!̴͙̐ ̸͕͊B̴̞͒ẑ̵̜̚ͅz̴̡͙̓t̶͇̓͆!̴̡̱͘͝

"I'll... find you..."

B̵̮͑͠z̴̠̮̏͠z̸̛̦̤ṱ̸͓͠!̶̭̽ͅ ̴̞̏̕B̵͕͌z̵̭͍̏z̷̗̱̋t̶̠̥͠!̴͙̐ ̸͕͊B̴̞͒ẑ̵̜̚ͅz̴̡͙̓t̶͇̓͆!̴̡̱͘͝

I love you so much.

B̵̮͑͠z̴̠̮̏͠z̸̛̦̤ṱ̸͓͠!̶̭̽ͅ ̴̞̏̕B̵͕͌z̵̭͍̏z̷̗̱̋t̶̠̥͠!̴͙̐ ̸͕͊B̴̞͒ẑ̵̜̚ͅz̴̡͙̓t̶͇̓͆!̴̡̱͘͝

The final scene I saw...

B̵̮͑͠z̴̠̮̏͠z̸̛̦̤ṱ̸͓͠!̶̭̽ͅ ̴̞̏̕B̵͕͌z̵̭͍̏z̷̗̱̋t̶̠̥͠!̴͙̐ ̸͕͊B̴̞͒ẑ̵̜̚ͅz̴̡͙̓t̶͇̓͆!̴̡̱͘͝

...Was a b̷̹̫́͘u̸̖̚͠r̶̲͓̄n̴͌ͅi̵̙̯͌͝n̵̛͕͐g̶̤̞͛ ̷͙̤͛̿ land of s̶͓̆ẇ̴̙͔ó̴̗r̸̨̡̆̕d̴̞͋ś̴̜̙.

.

.

.

Chapter 64: Opening
.
.

On a ship to Johto...

"What a small world," Misty greeted.

"Right back at ya. Don't you have a Gym to run?" Ash shot back.

Hearing this, the redhead sighed before gesturing him to a table to converse. The raven-haired boy obliged, getting the teenager a Berry Juice while he got a Moomoo Milk for himself.

"So, Johto. Why?" Ash asked as he stuffed his face with his bought Lumiose Galettes.

Pikachu sat on Misty's lap while mirroring Ash's eating habits but with some added ketchup.

"Well, Cerulean Gym's been maintaining nicely, and my sisters kept nagging me about taking a vacation. I didn't know where to go so I picked the closest region to Kanto," the redhead explained as she stroked the electric mouse's head.

"Chaaaa~"

"Oh right. Congratulations on beating Drake, Ash," Misty grinned at the boy.

"Eh? You know?"

"Of course. Every Kanto Gym Leader was watching, y'know? About time Drake gets knocked down a peg or two," she huffed.

'Mr Drake, why do they hate you so much...?' the raven-haired boy sweatdropped.

The two continued chatting with Ash describing his journey thus far after their departure from New Island.

"Also... Who's this cutie?!" Misty snatched the blue frog on Ash's shoulder in a flash, stunning both the boy and Froakie by the redhead's speed.

"Um... That's Froakie, my new friend. Also, let him go. He's uncomfortable," he said briskly, wanting to save the embarrassed frog form the redhead's clutches.

Misty snapped out of her obsessive stupor before returning a bewildered Froakie back to Ash.

"Froakie... Ah, the Kalos' Water starter!" she recalled as she welcomed Pikachu into her arms.

"How did you get a Froakie here anyways? Last I checked, you were still an ignorant boy who didn't even know about Johto Pokémon," Misty teased relentlessly, petting the electric mouse in the process.

"Erk, can we forget about that... please?" Ash irked as he remembered his battle with Misty's Quagsire during the Grand League.

"Well, long story short, got kicked out by my sisters for being a responsible adult," she returned to the main question with sarcasm in her tone.

"Adult? You?"

"Then again, a break from battling is quite nice," Misty ignored the subtle jab.

"I mean, battling all day, everyday seems like a pretty fun job to me. If anything, if it was me, I'd never take vacation."

"That's not what all Gym Leaders do, y'know?"

'It's not?' Ash quirked a brow.

"The main objective of a Gym Leader is to teach trust and teamwork between Trainers and Pokémon. Pushing them to their limits via battles just happens to be an easy way to get that point across." Misty explained.

"Huh. Then, what about me?" Ash pointed to himself.

As the redhead observed the raven-haired boy, she gave a smile towards him.

"You pass with flying colours on that part. I reckon the Johto Gym Leaders you're 100% facing are gonna battle you just for the fun of it," she nodded to herself.

'Since you're already an upstanding Trainer, after all,' she added in her mind.

'Wow, am I that predictable? She knew I was already planning to challenge the League,' he frowned slightly.

"In any case, Johto was the closest region to take a break, so here I am. Speaking of which..."

As she finished her drink, the redhead glared at the raven-hiared boy with an accusatory glint.

"Now that I have you here, have you been getting into any trouble lately, Mr Ketchum?"

"...Can I say 'no' and be done with it?"

"Nope~"

'Then why'd you ask?!'

With a defeated sigh, Ash spilled the beans.

...

"...And that was what happened recently," he finished while sipping on his Moomoo Milk.

"Ash... Why do you keep landing in such situations?" Misty pinched a migraine worming around her forehead.

"You say it like I throw myself into those things willingly," he complained.

"And in those situations, if there was someone in need of saving-" Misty was swiftly cut off.

"I'd save them."

There was no delay nor pause. The raven-haired boy's words were quicker than a speeding bullet. His eyes betrayed no hesitation as Misty could not fathom the boy's mindset.

"...I'm begging you, Ash. Please don't get involved in the future. Just... let someone else handle it," Misty sighed with genuine concern.

"But helping others isn't wrong," he parroted his favourite phrase.

The Gym Leader's argument died down there. Sure, there was something inherently wrong with that statement such as context, but seeing the cold and deadly serious eyes of bloodred rendered her speechless.

"Hm? Now that I think about it, isn't Froakie the Water starter Pokémon in Kalos?" she tried to change the topic.

"Ah... Long story," the raven-haired boy sighed.

After a few minutes, Misty got the full picture.

"So, your Serena saved your butt in Drake's match... is what you're saying."

"Well, if you put it like that... Yep."

Ash had no rebuttal.

"With all that being said... There's just one question left," Misty continued.

'What is she, my mom?' Ash irked.

"Have you been getting yourself into life-threatening situations again?" the redhead eyed him suspiciously.

The events of the pink Nidoking from Pinkan Island as well as the Shamouti crisis jerked his body to a halt as Ash stiffened a faux smile before sweating uncontrollably.

"...Whaaat? As if I'd walk into those troubles willingly..."

'I'm not lying. I just get roped into them,' he justified himself.

"You're still terrible at lying."

'Goddamnit!'

Few minutes later...

Ash was extracted for information with an exasperated Misty rubbing her temples.

"Ash... How did you even find yourself into Shamouti in the first place?"

"Hey, why're you saying it like it's my fault? I'm the victim here," Ash shot back.

"So that guy from back then in the news... That man with white hair, he's the one who got you into that?" Misty recalled seeing the man in red when she watched the news.

"That bastard was on TV during that time? Weird..."

Misty was taken aback slightly at the raven-haired boy's foul language since she had never heard him swear before.

'Hmm... He must really hate that guy,' she concluded.

.

.

.

"Sighhh... Misty sure is pushy," Ash grumbled as he took off his clothes, preparing to enter the bath.

Hours after his reunion with Misty, Ash returned to his room comprised of a large bed, a futon, a wardrobe, and a bath.

'So we're seeing each other again during breakfast, huh?' the raven-haired boy shrugged as he remembered his appointment with the redhead tomorrow.

"Pikachu~"

"Yeah, yeah, cuz she spoils you a lot," he grinned at the smug mouse, wrapping a towel around his waist.

"Kero..." the blue frog croaked in defeat.

'Yeah, you've got my condolences, dude,' Ash snickered at an exhausted Froakie.

...

"Ofuro*, ofuro~" Ash whistled in delight, awaiting his body to be soaked in heated water.

*Bath in Kantonian.

Just before the raven-haired boy could relax, his hand intercepted an incoming bottle of red with a sheepish Pikachu staring at him.

"...My dearest partner. May I ask what're ya doing right now?" Ash asked in mock politeness.

"Pikachuuuu~"

"Da heck you mean you wanna swim in ketchup?! Your obsession's scary, man!"

"Pika! Pikachu!" the electric mouse protested vehemently.

"Tomato soup, my ass! It'll look like a crime scene!" the boy retorted.

"Pikachu!"

With a huff, Ash grabbed onto the electric mouse, ready to fire him off out of the bathroom.

"Go long, Froakie!" Ash called out from the separated room.

"Keroooo."

He heard a lazy croak form the bed and proceeded to fling the mouse out.

"Pikaaaa!* (You heartless jerk!)" Pikachu squeaked in indignation as he was bounced onto Froakie's makeshift Frubble hammock outside.

"Blergh!" Ash taunted with an akanbe gesture before closing the door and locking it.

.

.

.

.

.

"...Well, damn. Did I fall asleep during the bath?" Ash sighed to himself.

A landscape of swords greeted him as the boy began ambling down the hill of blades for a stroll.

'Hang on. Is it just me or are there more stuff here?'

Sure enough, new additions were seen from the horizon as not only swords, but even armours and knives were scattered onto the iron earth.

'Wait, does that mean...?'

"AURA, on."

Ash felt the coalescing power manifesting in his hand as it Projected a copy of Carnwennan.

"I can Project other stuff now..." he chuckled with a wry smile.

Now highly attuned to Carnwennan, the raven-haired boy could sense as well as extrapolate the parameters of his copied Dagger.

'It's a lot weaker than the original... Wait!'

With another hand, Ash Projected Caliburn, the very same one he used to defeat Mewtwo alongside his partner and his clone.

"I knew it. It's weaker too," Ash confirmed.

If the boy were to compare the original to his current Projection, it would be akin to a level down. In gaming terms, the Projection was a rank lower than the original, making it inferior.

"Hm... Did I screw up in the visualizing process? The book did say I needed a clear imagination for it..." he pondered aloud.

The raven-haired boy took another look at his copied Caliburn, scrutinizing it as he estimated the differences between it and the one in his mind.

'I wonder how much AURA it would take to fire off a blast with the real one...'

.

.

.

.

.

The next day...

The raven-haired boy met up with the redhead as they conversed about the former's tribulations in the Orange Islands.

"Wait, wait, wait. Pause for a sec," Misty rubbed her forehead.

"You released Lapras and Marowak?"

"Oh, good. You have ears," Ash snarked.

"I'm your elder, brat. Show some respect."

Misty was responded with a cheeky raspberry from the increasingly childish boy.

"Sigh... But I can understand why you did it," she concurred with his decision.

"Family's more important, after all," Ash smiled.

"Though, now the Orange League Winner is carrying only 3 Pokémon," Misty snickered to Ash's displeasure.

"Well, I can catch new Pokémon instead!" his enthusiasm skyrocketed as he realized.

The redhead smiled as she saw the raven-haired boy's spirits lifted before suddenly...

TOOOT!

"Oh, looks like we're here," the Gym Leader remarked.

Ash rushed towards the deck, looking further into the spectacular view and saw his next destination and the location of his continued pilgrimage.

"Johto!" he pumped his fists to the air, exclaiming his excitement.

.

.

.

Pokémon Academy, Kalos Region

The classroom was getting scarcer with students as some of them had decided to put their education on hold and to start their journeys earlier. Immediately after the 10-year-old ban was lifted, most students were already contemplating dropping out of school but never really went through with it.

However, the proverbial water within the dam was blasted by the final match between Ash and Drake. Serena was not really a subtle one whenever the topic of the raven-haired boy came up, making her unironically the greatest source for Ash-related news as well as the catalyst for the students' eventual exodus.

So, when the announcement of Ash's final Orange Island trial was uttered, the students went home to watch the match and found themselves inspired and in awe at the boy's performance.

The mighty Dragonite decimating his team, receiving gruesome damages and yet, still roaring its might and fury towards the would-be slayer and his band of Pokémon. The orange dragon's showing of power was terrifying and at times, incredibly destructive, demanding fear from the onlookers and watchers.

But the main interest that captivated them was the raven-haired boy himself.

Ash grinned at the sight of such an overpowering adversary and with all his strength at his disposal, toppled the giant obstacle before him with limit-breaking prowess and fortitude.

"Seriously, how did Red grow so strong in such a small time?!" Blue pouted cutely.

Gary chuckled at the chestnut-haired girl, patting her on the head but similarly in wonder.

'There's no doubt that during the Grand League, Red's team was definitely lacking between the 3 of us,' he placed a hand on his chin.

Gary attributed his comebacks and sudden power spike during the matches as his AURA kicking in if Riley's words were to be trusted.

However, in just a little over a month's time, Ash had completely reached his childhood friends' level and even surpassing them during Dragonite's rampage, albeit by a small margin.

'Damn, if Team Rocket hadn't been chasing him all year, Red would've been a lot stronger.'

When it came to training Pokémon, Gary was sure he was second to none. But when it came down to battles and fighting prowess, Ash was the undisputed number 1.

"It's a shame Lapras and Marowak were released, but Charizard and Pikachu are gonna kick massive butt overtime!" Blue gloated, a complete 180 form her previous statement.

"I wonder... Froakie's getting up there. Wouldn't be surprised if he surpasses the two," Serena smirked smugly, oozing confidence towards the chestnut-haired girl.

The Kanto girl stared at the Kalos girl. A slight rivalry began to brew.

"You sure it's not bias there, Sere-chan?"

"Before you ask that, here's a mirror."

Gary pinched the bridge of his nose in exasperation at the natives' bias towards Ash's Pokémon. Doubly so for Serena since Froakie was technically a gift from her to the raven-haired boy.

Just then, Cynthia entered the classroom, whistling at the small group of students left.

"Wow, Auggie wasn't kidding when he said a quarter of the class dropped out," she remarked.

'Auggie? Is that Professor Sycamore?' the group thought simultaneously.

"Not that I don't understand if everyone had watched that day's match."

Ever since that day, Cynthia had been more fired up as she trained alongside Serena. Needless to say, the honey blonde was extremely traumatized by the sheer destruction a mere training session with the Sinnoh Champion could unleash.

'How can Garchomp be so sweet and so damn terrifying at the same time?' Serena wondered to herself.

"Well!" Cynthia clapped her hands together, catching the attention of the remaining students.

"Let's begin our second class in a while!"

...

Due to the Shamouti crisis, the new lessons about Pokémon were put on hold, making this the second time Serena's class had ever attended the module.

"Today, we'll be starting off with Pokémon Catching," the blonde woman announced as she brought her class to the school's field.

Sycamore's Academy was not one to shy away from modesty and opted to build the school to accommodate every student with the best facilities with utmost capability.

The field was massive, divided into 4 segments:

Battle Field, Track Field, Recreation Field, and finally, Court Field.

Pokemon Battling fell to the first segment while Pokémon Catching was put into the third.

"Are we not catching Pokémon?" Tierno asked.

"Good question, Tierno. It appears since a lot of you haven't had much experience in being a Trainer, our first Catching class will be for you to train your good arm!" Cynthia said with a chipper tone.

It was getting hard to associate the energetic woman with the title of Sinnoh Champion with each passing day.

The Recreation Field was rather robotic in its body as a training dummy appeared from the ground a good distance away from the group.

"Now then, your task is simple."

"Use everything you've got to hit that dummy's head!"

Baskets filled with PokéBall plushies were placed in front of the students as they began taking turns.

As they began, the students found it difficult to even throw the plush even halfway from their position. Those who managed to reach the dummy had terrible aim.

"Miss Cynthia! This is too hard!" one of the classmates complained.

But just as the complaint began, 3 fastballs erupted from the group and landed perfectly onto the dummy's head.

The students went wide-eyed as they witnessed Gary, Blue and Alain aiming and throwing perfect hits onto the dummy.

And right then...

Thock!

A fourth managed to hit.

The 3 experienced Trainers turned to see their new competitor and gave a nod towards the honey blonde.

'The Ice Queen... She threw it in an arc instead?!'

Serena was not strong enough to throw a fastball if she wanted a headshot, that much she was aware of. But with her training as a captain of the archery club combined with muscle memory from wielding a bow, calculating the trajectory and arc of the plush was borderline child's play.

"As expected of Sere-chan," Cynthia nodded her approval.

The rest of the group took a while but with sheer concentration and willpower, they managed to hit the dummy. The physically weakest, Trevor, was able to accomplish the task, garnering many awes from the rest.

"Wow, you really put some work, Trevor," Calem grinned.

"Thanks..." the timid boy nodded.

'Strong Pokémon follow strong Trainers,' the orange-haired boy thought to himself.

The spectacle back then of Ash's Charizard conjuring [Hellfire] lit a flame in his heart as well as his starter, Charmander.

'If I wanna reach that level, this is the least I could do!'

A stronger body to train Pokémon to become stronger. That was Trevor's basis as his first steps as a Trainer.

"Looks like you guys are getting the hang of it," the blonde woman nodded approvingly.

"Now, let's make this trickier."

With a press of a button, the training dummy began to move sideways at unnatural intervals, mimicking the movements of an unpredictable Pokémon.

"How're we supposed to hit that?!" Calem exclaimed.

Without answering, Cynthia made her way towards the students and picked up a plushie. As the blonde woman gave a confident smile, she threw the Ball without even looking. The swift flick of her wrist torpedoed into a blindingly fast curveball towards the dummy, striking the target beautifully.

The group went slack jawed at the nonchalant Cynthia, who seemingly had eyes behind her back.

"Of course, I don't expect you guys to do the same thing I did. It's just years of muscle memory after all. So, why don't you kids use everything you've got to hit that target?"

A challenge disguised as a learning opportunity.

The veterans smirked while the newbies steeled themselves, but Serena was left pondering.

'Anything, huh?' her mind went to work.

And silently, the honey blonde left the field quietly to retrieve something.

.

.

.

{ THANK YOU FOR VOYAGING THE S.S AQUA. WE HOPE YOU HAVE A LOVELY TIME IN OLIVINE CITY! }

"This place looks sick!" Ash sparkled at the new environment around him.

The raven-haired boy exited the port with stars in his eyes, drifting occasionally towards the lighthouse.

"Hey, hey, Misty! Look! There's a Pokémon on that lighthouse!"

"Pft! Calm down, Ash. You're making me embarrassed, y'know?" the redhead chuckled at the boy's childlike wonder.

'If only he was like this 24/7,' she sighed before turning to the lighthouse.

"Hmm... If it's Olivine City, then that must be the famous Glitter Lighthouse."

"Glitter Lighthouse?" Ash repeated.

"Yeah, I've heard of it before. If I remember right, the Pokémon you saw was probably-"

"Amphy."

The new voice behind them interrupted Misty as she turned towards the addition with a quirked brow.

"Nice to meet you, Cerulean. It's been close to 2 years, hasn't it?"

It was a teenage girl around the same age as Misty. She had long light brown hair that reached her waist with two orange beads that tie two locks of her hair in winged pigtails. Her eyes were of the same colour as her hair and wore a white sleeveless sundress that reached her knees with a large white ribbon on her chest and white ankle-strap sandals.

"Olivine! I was wondering if you were around," Misty exclaimed, happy to greet the unknown girl.

"You know each other?" Ash asked.

"Oh, right. Ash, this is a friend and colleague of mine," Misty gestured to the sundress girl.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Jasmine, Gym Leader of Olivine City," Jasmine introduced with a small bow.

]=[

ATL Entry: Jasmine Mikan

Olivine City's Gym Leader. A young woman who entered the circle of Gym Leaders at the same time as Misty Waterflower.

Specializes in Rock and Steel with the latter being the primary Type of her Gym.

]=[

"How very lovely to see the Faker in the flesh, Ash Ketchum."

'Erk, can we not?' the raven-haired boy groaned mentally, still abhorring his unofficial nickname.

"Um, yeah. Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town, nice to meetcha... Wait, did you say Gym Leader?"

"Yep. Jasmine and I became Gym Leaders around the same time," Misty huffed proudly.

"Yes, it was nice having Misty around since I was rather inexperienced back then," Jasmine smiled daintily.

The 2 were like old friends, chatting away while the raven-haired boy was left to his thoughts.

'Why does it feel like I'm getting left out a lot these days?'

"Seeing you here, you must be eager to participate in the Johto League, no?" Jasmine turned her attention back to Ash.

"Yeah! I'm gonna collect all 8 Badges and challenge the League!" Ash sprung back to life.

"You're really an open book, Ash. Very well, I'll be waiting for you."

"Eh? Can't we battle right now?"

"Unfortunately, I would have to decline. My Amphy is rather sickly and requires some of my attention."

With a small wave, the 3 baded farewell to each other.

"She was like an aristocrat from how she talked," the raven-haired boy commented.

"I'm surprised you even know what 'aristocrat' mean," Misty snickered.

"..."

"Don't take Jasmine lightly. Though we started at the same time as Gym Leaders, even I'm not confident taking her on," the redhead continued with a serious gaze.

"Huh? Even though you're strong enough to be in the Grand League?"

"The Grand League isn't a real measure of strength since Champions are forbidden to enter. Lance is an exception since he's part of Kanto's Elite Four."

The two began walking to the nearest Centre as Misty continued.

"Jasmine specializes in Steel types. But before, she was a Rock type specialist like Brock. She was pretty strong back then when we sparred, but now... I'm sure she's on a whole different level."

Ash was beginning to understand what Misty was trying to say. To be a specialist, one must be able to know the strengths and weakness of the Type, taking advantage of its specialty and mitigating its weakness to the best of their abilities. However, Jasmine was a different beast altogether.

A Rock specialist converted to Steel, meaning she had the knowledge of two Types at the palm of her hand as well as the extraordinary strength to utilize both Types to the point where Misty of all people was worried.

"Dang... Johto's getting real fun," Ash muttered in excitement.

.

.

.

Pokémon Academy, Kalos Region

Thwap!

"Well done, Gary," Cynthia congratulated.

After multiple tries, the orange-haired boy finally struck the target just before Alain.

"Good work," Alain nodded.

"Thanks."

The older boy was quite taciturn, but he was straightforward, so it was easy to get along with him.

Soon after, Blue did the same as she jumped for joy.

"I did it, Green! Did you see that?!"

"Yeah, yeah. You did amazing."

The chestnut-haired girl fell onto Gary's back with a satisfied sigh.

"Hm? Where's Serena?" Alain noticed the missing girl.

"Now that you've mentioned it..." Gary scanned around.

Right on cue, the honey blonde returned with an object in hand.

"Oh! Now that's a fun idea!" Cynthia beamed at her student.

Serena had returned...

With her club's bow and arrows in hand.

"EEHHHH?!" the class shrieked simultaneously.

"Is that even allowed?" one of the students asked.

"Well, I did say 'use everything'," the blonde woman recalled.

Wasting no time at all, Serena started by stabbing the plushie with an arrow and nocking it onto the bowstring at an angle.

"Serena, are you sure you can do it?" Shauna asked nervously.

"Oh, don't worry about that," the honey blonde assured with overwhelming confidence as she pulled the bowstring back.

"After all..."

With a single release, the arrow whizzed into the air, curving slightly as the blunt plushie on its front squeaked onto the erratic target.

"I never miss."

But Serena was not done just yet. With Kyūdō steps, she replicated them with lightning speed as she shot more arrows onto the moving target. They were like homing missiles of PokéBalls that found their mark like a predator to prey.

The class erupted in cheers and excitement as Serena scratched her head bashfully at the sudden praises.

.

.

.

Vaniville Town, Kalos Region

"And then, Serena shot all those arrows perfectly! Couldn't believe my eyes," Cynthia praised.

"I know right? My daughter's skills are magical," Grace agreed.

The two women had gotten to know one another after Cynthia became a temporary guardian for a few days for Serena due to Grace being stuck in Santalune City due to the previous crisis. Needlessly to say, the two hit it off extremely well.

"Can you stop embarrassing me?" the honey blonde pouted.

Furthermore, since Cynthia had revealed herself as an Incarnation, the Zygarde Cores were laxer around the blonde woman, though they were still adamant on not revealing her God's identity.

Ever since Grace's return, the mother would usually engage in chats with the Sinnoh Champion whenever she visited since the latter was somewhat of a personal teacher to the honey blonde.

"So, are you kids excited for the outing in a few days?" Cynthia sipped on Serena's brewed tea.

"Santalune, was it? I've been there with Mom during Rhyhorn racing, but I didn't know there was a Gym there," Serena took a seat next to the blonde woman.

In a few days, the honey blonde and her classmates were going on a trip to Santalune City to observe a Gym battle. A match between her and a Gym Leader was not one she was looking forward to, but with Cynthia's guidance, Serena was confident that she was at least competent enough to give the Gym Leader a run for their money.

Soon after, it was time for Cynthia to return to her hotel.

"Well, see you tomorrow, Sere-chan. You really did a great job today," the blonde woman waved farewell.

She then summoned a Pokémon Serena had never seen before and embarked on her flight back to the hotel.

"Oh, a Togekiss," Grace recognized.

"It was so cute~" Serena squealed as she scanned the flying Pokémon with her red encyclopaedia.

[=]

Togekiss, the Jubilee Pokémon

These Pokémon are never seen anywhere near conflict or turmoil. In recent times, they've hardly been seen at all. Known as a bringer of blessings, it's been depicted on good-luck charms since ancient times.

[=]

"That's a sad entry," Grace frowned.

'Conflict and turmoil...' Serena read as a certain raven-haired boy came to mind when those two words appeared.

"You're thinking about Ash, aren't you?" her mother grinned knowingly.

"I'm just imagining a flock of Togekiss flying away from that dummy since he's such a trouble magnet," Serena replied honestly.

.

.

.

"Are you guys ready?" Serena asked as she made herself comfortable in bed.

The two blobs of green nodded with Fennekin yipping eagerly as the honey blonde flipped open the storybook.

"Where were we... Ahem!"

[][][][][][][]

Dawn broke as the blacksmith entered the clan grounds, welcomed by the clansmen as he sought to repay the princess' kindness for saving him.

Day and night, the blacksmith worked in his forge, gifting miraculous inventions for the people and thus, bettering their lives immensely.

The princess fell harder for the blacksmith with each passing day, though not of his efforts nor charm. No...

The girl had already fallen for the boy when their eyes first met.

A lifetime of affection condensed into a single moment, blossoming into a blinding love for the blacksmith.

Soon, the princess declared her love for the clueless blacksmith. The clan roared in celebration, the news reaching other villages as they converged to celebrate.

It was a joyous day as the blacksmith showed the greatest gift he could show for the princess:

His genuine smile.

- Chapter 2, The Princess & The Blacksmith

[][][][][][][]

"Seriously? You three sure like dozing off to the stories huh?" Serena pouted as the yellow fox beside her snored while the two Cores nodded off on her pillow.

"Well, good night."

The whisper of the honey blonde carried off as she closed her eyes to join her Pokémon. She thought back to the raven-haired boy's proud grin as he presented his trophy to her via call all those days ago, silently giggling to herself at his child-like enthusiasm.

The final scene her drowsy eyes saw was the beautiful Moon.

'Sweet dreams, Ash.'

.

.

.

.

.

"Hm?"

The raven-haired boy turned to the night sky, finding himself gazing at the illuminating Moon.

"What's up, Ash?" Misty called out from the front.

"...Nothing."

"As if it's nothing. You're smiling like a dork."

"Lay off. Don't you have a vacation to spend?"

Ash and Misty were sitting around a campfire the former made as he made himself comfortable outside the Centre. The redhead had a room, but accompanied the boy outside for a while before heading in.

"That's true. But I'm really worried about you too," Misty answered honestly.

"There's nothing to be worried about. I'm the spitting image of 'trustworthy'!"

"Yeah, I definitely can't let you be alone... So!"

Misty pointed at the boy with a cheeky grin plastered on her face.

"I'll be travelling with you for a while. Who knows? It might be a better trip with some company, right?"

Ash could not refute that. He had spent all his Kanto journey alone, without any human companions. Seeing how Misty was alright with it, the raven-haired boy accepted her request to join the party.

...

"Hey, you sure you don't wanna come in and sleep there? There's more than enough room in mine," Misty asked worryingly.

The raven-haired boy quirked a brow at her, already comfortable within his tent with Pikachu and Froakie by his side, similarly confused. The redhead had heard of his aversion to sleeping indoors but seeing it in person had her confounded as to how a boy like Ash could tolerate the outdoor environment.

"...Do whatever you want. If it gets too cold, you need to come in, understand?"

'Cold? That's funny.'

"Yes, ma'am," Ash gave a mock salute.

With that, Misty turned in for the night.

...

"Piii~" / "Kerooo~"

Hearing his Pokémon snoring away into dreamland elicited a silent chuckle from the raven-haired boy. Still unable to sleep, Ash decided to sit outside for some stargazing before retiring.

The soft winds and the earthen scent of the nearby forest tickled nostalgic memories of a certain summer camp, reminding the lone boy of the life-changing person in his life.

"Sweet dreams, Serena," he whispered.

Ba-bump.

The raven-haired boy felt the Sword calling for him. Though an inanimate object, Ash was able to identify the blade's 'feelings', so to speak. Inwardly, he would jokingly consider himself a 'sword whisperer'.

"Key Items: Sword."

The stone-clad blade appeared in his hand from his Bag's digital space before thrumming rhythmically to his touch.

"What's go-"

A wave of drowsiness washed over the boy as he suddenly struggled to stay awake.

'What... Too... tired...'

And Ash fell to the grassy earth, completely knocked out.

.

.

.

.

.

I opened my eyes to find a clear beautiful sky staring beneath me.

My skin brushed against luscious grass of majestic green and flourishing flowers as I felt my senses return.

Where is this?

A question formed in my head as I stood from my lying position.

My eyes scanned the new area, finding a few trees here and there scattered around. It was no forest, but a meadow of unbelievable beauty as I absorbed the awestriking sight and its fragrant summer.

"Wait... This place!"

I remember now. I've seen this place before.

"Nimue! You there?!" I called out.

And right on cue, I saw a swirling figure of sparkling water manifest before me.

"It's been a long time, dear," Nimue greeted as her body turned corporeal.

"Nimue!"

Finally finding a familiar face, I rushed to the silver-haired woman. Her long-pointed ears were still a surprise for me, but I didn't mind it much.

"Didja call for me?"

"Not exactly. I'm here as a messenger," she replied with an unchanging smile.

"Also... I wanted to see you after such a long time."

The silver-haired woman captured me in her slender arms. I didn't mind it much, though it was rather embarrassing to be held by a woman taller than me.

"Well, it's nice to see you again, Nimue," I hugged back.

"So, what's the message?"

We took a seat onto a large log of oak wood, basking in the gentle sunlight as Nimue started.

I watched with bated breath as large quantities of AURA converged into the woman's hand, her beautiful face showed no signs of fatigue nor discomfort.

Her AURA manifested like fluid water, soft and whispery as if it had no conflict nor troubles in its movements. And with a streaming swirl, a new object appeared in her hand.

...?

"A very belated birthday to you, Ash," Nimue patted my head.

It was a back scabbard, made with a mixture of tough leather and steel and worn over the shoulder. There was no scabbard, only a strap of black belt to prevent the would-be sheathed weapon from falling, though it looked rather strong as its support.

Oh right. My birthday passed a few months ago...

"A present? From whom?" I asked.

"My apprentice. You know her as-"

"Zacian!"

I recalled such a name. Even though I can't remember anything, that name stuck in my head.

I still can't remember her face or how she looked like though...

"Fufu, indeed. Even after I told her it would be fine..." Nimue sighed at the end.

I was confused as to what she meant by that.

"Please do not find fault at her decisions. My apprentice isn't well-suited for intimate moments such as this. And so, I am here as her proxy."

Sounds like a shy person...

"Thank you, Nimue. Tell Zacian that I love it," I grinned at the present before me.

"The entire point was that she grew tired of seeing the digital space..." I heard the silver-haired woman grumbled.

Hastily, I summoned Caliburn to my hand, completely ignoring the fact I was able to use Projection right now. With a fasten, I managed to click Caliburn into the belted scabbard.

"Whoa... I probably look so cool right now!"

"My, my. You look incredibly dashing," the silver-haired woman played along.

"The Sword will now be equipped to the back scabbard now. Just think of it and it will appear by your will. No AURA, free of charge."

"You sound like a salesperson," I chuckled at the long-eared woman's impression.

Taking a step back, I equipped the Projected Caliburn from the belt and slashed the air in front of me. After a few flourishes, I returned the blade back to its sheathed state.

"Seeing you like this reminds me of my foster son."

"Eh? You have children too, Nimue?"

"Aye, a long time ago..."

I saw the wistful look in her eyes, regretting my question almost immediately.

"Sorry, I shouldn't hav-"

My words were cut as I felt Nimue's hand stroking my raven hair gently.

"It's fine. That child is no longer with us, but my memories with him will never fade."

A mother's words. How enviable.

"I consider you as my child too, Ash."

Those sudden words struck me. I turned to face the silver-haired woman, still beaming at me with a warm smile.

"But you don't even know me..." I turned away.

"Oh, sweet child... I've known you for a very long time."

"And it's not just me. Your dearest fairy godmother, too. We've been with you since you were born."

Wait... what?

"Zacian's Incarnation... Always know that you are loved."

...?!

The same drowse overcame me again. Without much exaggeration, I was beginning to suspect it only came whenever I was close to realizing something.

"Wait... Urk! Not again..."

"Zacian's words to you... Your dearest godmother said this:"

Crap... My eyes...

"I'll always be with you, my dear Tonelico."

My vision was lost.

.

.

.

.

.

"You can cease the dreamscape, ▇▇▇▇▇▇," Nimue spoke aloud.

With a single command, the dreamworld began to fade into golden motes of light as the silver-haired woman turned towards a mass of midnight blue AURA. As the AURA dispersed, a black-veiled woman appeared.

"You have my thanks, Milady," Zacian thanked as she bowed courteously.

"Honestly, the boy is your Incarnation! What kind of guardian gets cold feet meeting their ward?!" Nimue scolded with a fume.

"Urk... But I have no experience in such intimacy..." the snow-haired woman twiddled her fingers.

"What about you, Milady?! Hast thou not told Tonelico of thy current dwelling?!"

"There was no need. It's only a matter of time before he meets me," Nimue scoffed before giving her a smug smile.

"Since I'm currently living in the 'above world'~" she added smugly.

The snow-haired woman bit her lip in slight frustration as the dreamworld began to disappear.

"...Please take care of him, Milady."

"But of course. He is my god-grandson, after all," Nimue assured with a smile.

With that, the world went dark as the dreamworld dissipated completely.

.

.

.

"Hm..." Nimue stirred awake as she returned to reality.

The silver-haired woman glared at the darkened skies, not angered by the view but at something far beyond...

'Zacian... What a doltish name she chose.'

Raise the curtains.

'Certainly not as grand of a title...'

Chapter 64: Opening

'As Queen of the Avalonians.'
.

.

.

.
.

Author's Notes

Sooo, whose POV was the one in the beginning? *scutters off with mischievous laughter*

(To those who figured it out: Yeah, I'm that evil)

And also...

Arthurian myths go BRRRRR!

Bonus points for anyone who can figure out who Nimue's foster son is.

As for Zacian, get those thinking caps going, since that last line is your biggest clue yet!

FortsΓ€tt lΓ€s

Du kommer ocksΓ₯ att gilla

13.5K 320 16
well hey guys . First of all thank you for giving a chance to my story . So this is my first story on amourshipping. Yes you read it correct it is a...
176K 4.9K 31
β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’An Amourshipping Fanficβ€’~β€’~β€’~β€’ β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’ Serena Yvonne is a regular teenage girl at the age of 13 who just sta...
190K 3.7K 90
After winning the Kalos League and keeping their promise, Ash and Serena continue their journey together. From new regions, to new Pokemon, to new ba...
73.3K 2.1K 19
Sequel to Heartless (Amourshipping). Serena is now back to her old self and is gaining fans and friends quickly. However, someone wants Serena and w...