Her Secret

By _dat_one_girl_

𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 π„π§πžπ¦π’πžπ¬ 𝐭𝐨 π‹π¨π―πžπ«π¬ Enzo Mariano is known for being nothing but ruthless. He is feared... More

Important Disclaimers
Character Aesthetics
1|End of Discussion
2|Some Man Giving Orders
4|Kiss Your Bride
5|Wedding Reception
6|My New Normal
7|Rules
8|Sebastian
9|Not the End
10|New Friend
11|Blood
12|A Little Freedom
13|Murderer
14|Attempted Murder
15|A Disaster
16|Loveless Marriage
17|Ballet
18|Isabella
19|Baby Steps
20|Sexy Kittens
21|His Way
22|The Ball
23|Even More Secrets
24|Tired of Me
25|A Goddess
26|One Sided
27|Toddler Steps
28|Avoidance
29|Her First Date
30|His First Date
31|In Love
32|All On Me
33|Keep It Together
34|Fear Triumphs Desire
35|Done Being Nice
36|Work it Out
37|Best Feeling
38|Growing Feeling
39|Changing
40|Prepare for War
41|Wrong or Right?
42|Private Plane
43|The Honeymoon
44|His Story
45|Backshots
46|Elianna Mariano
47|The Big Reveal
48|His Office
49|Luca
50|Time for Revenge
51|Prepare for Landing
52|Grow Old Together
53|Revenge
54|Best Family
Epilogue
His Secret
Emilia's Book Out Now

3|Bridal Shower

206K 4.3K 3.1K
By _dat_one_girl_

Elianna's POV

Six days later

I wiped the tears off my eyes as I played with the silly engagement ring.

Tomorrow was the day. Tomorrow was the day I will slave away myself to a notorious psychopath.

Tomorrow is the day I will see him for the rest of my life and live with constant disrespect.

For the past couple of days I've been debating whether or not I should go through with it.

I cried, spent hours in the public dance studio and then cried some more. That was my cycle.

Last night I went to the club to get laid one more time before I gave myself to him.

I prayed he didn't want me. I prayed that he was disgusted by me. If he ever wanted to lay hands on me, I don't know what I would do.

However, today I came to the ultimate decision that I will still go through with it.

I had to.

Haze and Eve flew in from college today. They were so happy and in love.

For the whole car ride he wouldn't shut up about him making it in the top ten.

He was doing as he promised me. It only made sense that I held up my end of the deal.

I promised mom I would take care of him and if it means I have to give up my livelihood, so be it.

I don't care what happens to me, I just want my baby brother to be happy.

He deserves it. I already had my time.

Enzo was such a prick. He kept me in the dark about everything.

I didn't even know where the wedding would take place. He didn't even send over my dress as yet.

I'm sure by now the bridal shop has finished working on the adjustments.

I chugged down another mouthful of my beer.

I wasn't a beer drinker but I didn't have anything to lose.

I was supposed to have a bridal shower but I didn't even know who my bridesmaids were or if I even had any.

For a matter of fact, I didn't even know who all the guests were.

I know for sure the girls weren't coming. I couldn't bring myself to tell them I was engaged.

I didn't want the people who looked up to me as their dance captain to see me get humiliated by some man.

I couldn't do that.

Whenever I travel for practice, I'm taking off my ring.

They don't have to know I am married.

"Come in," I said after I heard a knock on the door.

"Princess," dad started as I put the can of beer to my mouth. "Stop filling your stomach with filth."

"It's one can of beer papa," I said in annoyance. "It's not my fault there isn't any bottled beer here."

"What is with the attitude?"

I turned to him. "I can't believe you. After everything I told you he did to me last week, you still want me to marry that bastard."

"Princess, I am not forcing you to marry him."

"Except you are! If I don't then you'll make Haze work for him."

"Don't worry about that. Just go back to America and have a good time with your friends and dance."

"Why can't I run the business? Why are you just making him take it?"

"Princess, your brother does not want to run the business and you have no clue how to. What will happen when I die?"

"I can learn! I haven't seen you do much but sit down by your desk and order people around."

He sighed. "Princess, I have already made a deal with Mariano. I cannot decline a man like that."

"Yes papa, you can!"

"Don't you understand? Just look at his cold appearance! He does not need our permission to take the deeds. He did not have to agree to marry you. If he wanted he would kill us all and take what he wants. I am nothing compared to such a man."

My shoulders dropped. I have never heard papa degrade himself like that.

"When you marry him, you need to be careful. He will not think twice is kill you."

"Why do you know people like this papa?"

He took a while before answering. "Because I am someone like that."

I looked up to him. "What?"

"Sit down, princess."

I immediately sat down and waited on what he had to say.

"I tried to hide it the best I could from you and your brother. That is what your mother wanted. When the crime got too high and things were becoming too dangerous, we left for America."

"Papa, what are you talking about?"

"Elianna, I am a part of the Italian mafia and Enzo Mariano is almost at the top of the chain. I believe he wants the title deeds to gain more influence and reach to the top. He is young yet promising."

My heart started beating faster as I tried to process the mouthful of information papa was giving me.

Deep down inside I knew he wasn't just some businessman but I refused to accept it.

"Why would he agree to marry me then?"

He shrugged. "He is getting older and people are talking. He is probably ready to start a family and end the gossip."

"Get out," I said as I tried to hold off my tears.

"Princess..."

"Get out now papa! I want to be alone for the rest of the night!"

I am not ready for any of this.

The mafia? Starting a family?

I was just dancing on stage a couple of months ago.

I heard the door open and I took another chug at my beer.

"Papa, I told you I want to be left alone tonight," I said as I allowed my tears to flow freely.

"I'm not your papa."

I quickly turned around to see him standing there.

I wiped my face and brushed back my hair with my hands as I hurried to stand up. "Enzo, what are you doing here?"

He threw my wedding dress which was in a plastic on the bed.

"Oh, thanks."

He walked up to me and handed me a box.

I watched him skeptically before slowly taking it.

I opened it to see the most gorgeous pair of sparkling diamond earrings with a matching necklace and bracelet.

I smiled. "You didn't have to buy these."

"I didn't," he said and my smile dropped.

"Every bride in my family has gotten these from one of the parents. Mine are both dead so I have to pass it down myself," he replied without care.

"Oh," I said I put it down. "I'm sorry about your-"

I stopped talking when I saw him watch my canned beer in disgust.

"Americans," he mumbled under his breath as he took his head.

"I was born here in Italy," I defended myself.

He looked up to me. "That does not matter. You are still an American. You have no Italian culture."

"I lived here until I was eight."

"Yet you drink canned beer? You're an embarrassment to us," he cursed.

"You're an embarrassment to all people," I cursed back.

We glared at each other, not wanting to be the first to look away.

"I bet you have not even kissed an Italian man," he scoffed and I stayed quiet.

"I cannot believe I have agreed to wed such a woman," he complained.

"Well don't marry me. I'll happily take back my father's deeds. I don't want to marry you."

"Those deeds belong to me and if marrying a woman like you is my debt then I will do it and suffer."

I pretended like I didn't feel hurt by his words.

He was claiming that I am a horrible person to marry. What about him?

If I'm that bad then I don't want to know what he is like.

He checked his watch. "I am not wasting anymore of my time with you."

"Good," I said happy that he was finally leaving.

"Good," he replied back before exiting while showing me his middle finger.

I stuck both of mine up when he shut the door.

I hate his guts.

I picked up the can only to find out it was empty.

And this ladies and gentlemen was my bridal shower.

AN: A more in depth explanation on why Elle chose to marry Enzo is discussed in Book 1: His Secret.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430K 11.3K 63
A man claimed by the devil. A woman claimed by no one. Until him. Santo Romano is a monster. His family relies on him to torture and kill. It's his...
1.2M 26.7K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
53.3K 923 43
*A VACATION ROMANCE* (please remember this was my first attempt of writing a book and it probably sucks!) When π„π―πšπ§π πžπ₯𝐒𝐧𝐞 𝐊𝐚𝐲 a smart bo...
5.4M 186K 105
"You wear your darkness like some women wear a little black dress, it's shining in those green eyes of yours." "Underestimating me will be anyone's f...