π‡π¨π§πžπ²π¦π¨π¨π§.

Par m00npeach

Mariposa Ayala born with silver spoon meets Lee Sanguk who came to America for a better life and opportunitie... Plus

Disclaimer.
Prolouge.
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.

Chapter Sixteen.

202 24 5
Par m00npeach

Warning chapter contains:
violence and SA.

                    Mariposa put her hand on her hip as she stood in front of her cousin Mary, "What do you think? Is it too much?" Mariposa questioned as she stood in the dressing room of a local boutique in their neighborhood. She wore a yellow tie-up haltered dress and Mary nodded, she motioned for Mariposa to turn around. "Yellow is most definitely your color," Mary remarked and Mariposa smiled as she looked in the mirror. "Sanguk likes it when I wear yellow, I'm going to get it," Maripisoa grinned.

Mary let out a dramatic sigh, Mariposa turned to Mary, "What is it?"

"This is supposed to be our girl's day, you bring him up one more time," Mary grunted.

Mariposa frowned, she walked over to Mary and she sat next to her, "Sorry, things have been great and I'm happy so I can't help it. Next time, I mention him you can slap me but nowhere above the neck," Mariposa said and Mary chuckled, she nodded and she pointed over to the denim jumpsuit. "Deal, go try on that jumpsuit so we can leave. I'm beat from the shopping and I'm thirsty, we should go get some slushies," Mary said and Mariposa got up, she grabbed the jumpsuit, "Okie dokie," Mariposa chimed and she went back into the dressing room.

Mariposa put on the jumpsuit and she walked out, Mary immediately shook her head, "Hell no, it's not flattering on you at all. The material makes you look boxy," Mary said and Mariposa nodded, she turned around and she looked over her shoulder in the mirror. "It makes my butt look flat," Mariposa let out a small whine, she clicked her tongue, "I really thought this would look cute," Mariposa sighed and Mary chuckled, "You must forget that the woman we saw it on was almost six feet tall, skinny as ever and white," Mary exhaled at the end.

Mariposa clicked her tongue and she turned to Mary, "We should have gone to the other side of town. I bet you we would have more luck over there than here. It's such a bummer to shop here, like the jeans are hard to fit in and nothing is ever for my body," Mariposa exhaled and a woman came walking out of the dressing room, she looked at Mariposa up and down.

The woman was tall, was slender and she had long dark hair that was in pin curls and red lipstick coated her lips neatly, she turned away from Mariposa and slipped on her Chanel heels, "This store isn't for girls like you, half of the girls around here starve themselves including me to fit in the clothes here. It's hard being the standard but it seems that it's easy for your girls to look the way you look," The woman said.

Mariposa put her hand on her hip, "All women are beautiful no matter how much they weigh, or how they look and appear. Maybe you should think about who sets those standards and evaluate how you see yourself and the extent you go to just to look the way you do because, at the end of the day, it's hurting you physically and mentally. You doing this to yourself is a win to the men who set that standard," Mariposa said and she went back into the dressing room.

Mary smirked as she looked at the woman, the tall woman stood there frozen and she swallowed hard. She tutted her head high then she walked away, her heels clicked against the floor.

"You showed that lady," Mary chuckled.

Mariposa slipped the denim jumpsuit off of her and she sighed, "I wanted to say so much worse but I'd be wrong especially if I want to uplift others. She's a woman at the end of the day and she's still at a disadvantage when it comes to society," Mariposa explained as she slipped on her t-shirt and jeans.

Mariposa slipped on her Keds and walked out of the dressing room, she adjusted her hair and grabbed the clothes she tried on. "Let's get out of here before I forget all of my values," Mariposa remarked and Mary laughed as she grabbed their bags.

The two girls left the shopping center and they walked to the nearby snow cone stand.

Mariposa stood next to Mary as she finished drinking her slushie, Mariposa watched Mary down the last of the slushie then she tossed it in the trash. "Was it good?" Mariposa chuckled.

Mary wiped her mouth with a napkin, "Shut up," Mary said as she held back a smile.

Mariposa smiled widely, she chuckled, "You know San--'

Mary raised her hand and Mariposa pressed her lips together tightly, Mary lowered her hand and she pointed at Mariposa, "I almost had your ass," Mary said.

It fell silent between the two and honestly as much it bothered Mary that Mariposa talked of Sanguk so much, he seemed to really love Mariposa and Mariposa seemed a lot happier these days but also things seemed to really go well for Mariposa. It made Mary more hopeful for what's to come in her life and hearing all the positive things come from her kept Mariposa kept Mary even more motivated.

Mary suddenly let out a groan, she looked at her younger cousin then she rested her elbow on the table, "So what are your next plans for your and Sanguk?" Mary asked in a monotone voice.

"Really?" Mariposa asked.

Mary clicked her tongue and slammed her hand against the table gently, "Yes really, I wouldn't have asked," Mary sassed and Mariposa grabbed Mary's hand, "I'm so glad you ask, you're my only friend and I already told everyone at the house but you," Mariposa rushed out.

Mariposa's face seemed to light up, Mary smiled and Mary squeezed Mary's hand, "So Sanguk is thinking about applying to a culinary school that's not far from here and his transcript from when he was in Korea is actually pretty good," Mariposa explained.

Mary hummed and she nudged Mariposa's shoulder, "So y'all thinking of moving in together?" Mary questioned. "My Dad offered to get us an apartment in the city but I feel Sanguk won't be comfortable with that. Sanguk is all about working hard for things and toughing it out which is understandable because that's how he always had it but I wish that he can just take what is given to him without feeling like what he's doing is not enough or it's a charity thing when it's not. My Dad just wants to take care of us," Mariposa said.

"He's a man, taking something from another man makes them feel they're incapable even if it's out of kindness from the other man," Mary stated.

Mariposa exhaled and she tied her hair back in a low bun, Mary looked at Mariposa's hair. "Your hair got longer I see," Mary singsonged as she ran her fingers through her hair, her fingers getting caught in the process.

Mariposa winced slightly and she smoothed down her hair, "I constantly went to the salon to get it trimmed and wore braids a lot so I wouldn't bother it," Mariposa said and Mary smiled at Mariposa, "You're really growing into a pretty young woman, I remember when you used to follow me around," Mary said as she playfully tugged Mariposa's ear.

"You're a year and some months older than me," Mariposa laughed.

When Mariposa was born, Mary was just one year old and Mary used to lay in the same crib as Mariposa. They were really close when they were young but Mary moved away with her mother to Texas and their relationship grew apart after not seeing each other for a long time.

"Still, you were a rugrat," Mary laughed with her.

Mariposa got up and Mary followed, Mariposa grabbed the bags off of the table, "I was a pretty rugrat," Mariposa scoffed and Mary laughed.

"Let's find a pay phone and call a taxi," Mariposa said as she looked around for a pay phone.

A group of guys started to come in their direction and Mary immediately spotted them, and one of them look very familiar but most of all he looked angry.

"Twelve o'clock," Mary mumbled.

Mariposa looked forward and saw Eli with his friends, Mariposa exhaled as she looked at Mary, "Oh my god," Mariposa muttered.

Floriano's father had declined Eli's family's offer on their business proposal and Eli's family recently had foreclosed on their home. They practically lost everything within the span of two weeks.

"Mariposa," Eli called her.

Mariposa looked in the other direction and Eli approached the two girls, his friends behind him. "You told your father about my family and them being bankrupt?" Eli questioned and Mariposa ignored him, Eli exhaled and he grabbed Mariposa's shoulder and Mariposa bumped his hand off. "Do not touch me," Mariposa hissed and Mary pulled Mariposa behind her.

Eli ran his hands through his hair, "You ruined my family's plans!" Eli hissed at Mariposa, he pushed Mary slightly and Mary stumbled against Mary. "What the hell is your problem?" Mary hissed.

"Shut up, this has nothing to do with you!" Eli yelled at Mary.

Mariposa swallowed hard and she looked around at the people who stopped and watched, "I didn't ruin anything," Mariposa said, her eyes peered into Eli's. There was so much anger, hurt, and darkness.

Eli stepped closer and Mary blocked Mariposa, Mary's hands trembled with Mariposa as Eli's tall stature towered them, "You did, you see... if you didn't whine like a little bitch to your father this wouldn't happen. Your father cut ties from my family completely and you know what that means? That resort and the country club's money had gone with him too. And you know, I blame my parents because they let some wet back control their money. God, they are so fucking stupid," Eli slurred and Mariposa watched Eli rub his hand uncontrollably.

The smell of alcohol seeped from him and he looked like he didn't show or sleep in days. "But I mostly blame you because all you had to do was go with it, it wasn't like it wasn't going to hurt you because your Dad has money coming out of his ears. How far out is that?" Eli laughed and Mariposa slowly dropped their bags.

The atmosphere around them grew dark as everyone around seemed to walk and scatter from the area, Mariposa watched some people get their kids and quickly left and others just went on with their business. Not even caring to intervene but Mariposa knew this area alone wouldn't even try to help them, she just knew that they were in trouble.

"Mary, we need to run," Mariposa whispered.

Mary nodded, and without thinking any second about it she let go of Mariposa, "Run!" Mary yelled and the two girls took off running down the sidewalk.

Mariposa ran and Mary trailed behind her, she could hear Eli and his friends chasing behind them. Their feet sounded like thunder against the pavement, Mariposa couldn't take the sound of thunder. She swallowed hard as she tried to steady her breath.

Mariposa was in sports so it wasn't difficult to run fast but Mary who isn't the sporty type, she painted as she tried to keep up with Mariposa.

Mariposa grabbed her cousin's hand and dragged her down the sidewalk. "Mary, run faster!" Mariposa cried out as they turned the corner.

"I'm trying," Mary heaved.

Mariposa looked around their neighborhood and it was quiet, she looked behind and Eli came around the corner of the street, "Shit!" Mariposa yelled and she slowed down a little so Mary could listen, "Mary, go run and find a pay phone. Call the police then call my Daddy. The house is too far and they will catch us both," Mariposa said and Mary panted as they ran, "No... I can't leave you by yourself," Mary cried out and Mariposa ran down the alleyway and she stopped running.

"They aren't going to catch me, just run to the pay phone and call the police," Mariposa instructed.

"But, Mariposa they are close--"

"I rather them catch me than you!" Mariposa yelled.

Mariposa didn't want Mary to be caught up in this mess, the girl already had a tough year with the divorce of her parents and her family having to move in with them because their mother had nothing to raise them. Plus this was her family's mess, Mariposa couldn't fathom the thought of Mary being dragged into this.

"I will be fine," Mariposa assured Mary.

Mary nodded her head quickly, she let go of Mariposa's hand and then she ran off.

Mariposa took a couple of deep breaths and she looked around to find the quickest way to a more familiar neighborhood, she took off running down the alleyway and looked at the street signs and she tried to find any street that she knew she could find someone to help her.

"She's right there!"

Mariposa's eyes watered as she picked up pace and she could feel her chest grow tighter and tighter, sweat beaded down her forehead and finally, she found a street that was familiar.

It was where Sanguk's favorite restaurant was but just as she turned the corner she felt a shove and her body fell to the ground, the back of her head hit against the edge of the sidewalk.

Mariposa raised up and she rocked slightly as she felt the back of her head become wet, she looked up to see Eli as he stood above her and he smiled as he stared down at Mariposa.

Eli grabbed Mariposa by her hair and dragged her back into the alleyway, she screamed, hit, punched, and kicked at Eli as he dragged her.

"Shut up!" Eli yelled in Mariposa's face, she swung her fist and it connected his jaw.

Eli let go of her as he stumbled back and Mariposa got up but just as she was about to run off, his friends cornered her at the end of the alleyway.

Mariposa tried to run through but one pushed her and she tripped back into the pavement.

A sharp pain shot through her side and as she lay on the ground, they circled around her. Elias leaned down and he grabbed Mariposa by her shirt, his other hand held a pocket knife.

"What are you going to do to her?" One of his friends asked.

Mariposa's breath grew ragged as she looked up at them, her eyes so wide that they could the see white of her eyes. Blood trickled from the back of her head and her clothes mangled from running through the bushes in the alley.

"Whatever we want, I have nothing to lose," Elias smirked.

One of them started to undo his belt to his pants and Mariposa let out a scream but Eli gripped her hair and jerked his arm, "Shut up!" Eli hissed and his friends started to grab at Mariposa, she screamed and cried as she tried to fight them off of her.

Mariposa sobbed and she did everything in her power, she kicked and swung her arm but at every jolt Eli hit her. "Your daddy isn't here or your little boyfriend. They won't think you're a precious girl anymore, not when you're taking us all like this," Eli laughed and Mariposa lay there, her entire body paralyzed. Eli took the pocket knife, he griped her ponytail, and lodged the knife under her hair snipping all her ponytail off with one cut.

All you could hear was her screaming and crying but their laughter filled her ears, it seemed to echo and all she could do now was just close her eyes. She hoped and just prayed that they would go away.

The sound of police sirens made the boys quickly run off leaving Mariposa on the ground.

Mariposa lay there, she tried to raise her head but her body wouldn't budge at all. A police officer came to her and he stood above her, the man looked mortified and his hands trembled as he reached out for her but he quickly away when Mariposa swatted her hand at him.

Another police officer came, he quickly took his jacket off and covered her up quickly. "Ma'am, it's okay, you're safe now," the older police officer said and the paramedics came over to them. The young cop stood aside and watched them pick her up and then put her on the stretcher.

Mariposa quickly raised up, "Mary? Where's Mary?" Mariposa croaked out her, voice barely hearable.

One of the paramedics laid Mariposa back down as he pressed a towel against her head, "Ma'am, you're bleeding, lay back down," The man said and Mariposa's vision blurred and her head lolled back as she felt heaviness rush to her head.

All she could remember is hearing the sirens, the red and blue lights flashing before she fell into darkness.

Author Note.

Thank you for reading.
More consistent updates are coming.
I officially entered this story into the wattys and
I just hope that I win something, I really hope I do.

This story is romance story but it also touches
on many things that people go through
especially since it being the 70s.

Say safe,
Take care 🩷

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

2K 156 6
𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐑 : aftermath ▁ Five years ago, Melanie fell in love with Miko, an attractive mechanic she met by chance. After finding out his deepest...
61.3K 5.1K 29
"You and I both know, that skin colour matters." She pointed out. "It doesn't matter to me, or to you. And it didn't matter to your parents." He argu...
1.7M 71.5K 52
{Book 1} Juliana is a 23 years old, foreign exchange student who won an IT scholarship in the U.S. Determined to make new friends while there, she m...
48.8K 2.6K 12
Mew is the ultimate rich businessmen who handle multi-business definitely didn't have time for love relationship but fuck around freely without any e...