Lose You To Love Me (Mafia Ro...

By notjustarandomgirl

Amelia Astoria, under an old pact with her grandfather and the Don of the Costra Nostra that runs New York Ci... More

CHAPTER 0
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 10
Chapter 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56

CHAPTER 9

11.4K 259 46
By notjustarandomgirl

CHAPTER 9 - I'M THE LADY OF THIS HOUSE

Just when I thought I had the final say, Theo grabbed my wrist before I could even had the chance to walk three steps away from him. I could feel his strong grip on my wrist, and I knew I wasn't going to get away anytime soon.

"Where are you going?" His voice was demanding. I could tell he wasn't planning to let me go until he got an answer.

Anywhere as long as I'm away from you.

Was the response I was thinking of, but before I could even open my mouth, he already cut me off and said, "You need to eat."

"No thanks. I've lost my appetite already." I answered back. I tried to pull my wrist from his grip to walk away, but he was too strong. I didn't even move an inch!

I felt him pull my wrist, drawing me closer to him. Before I knew it, I was already tangled up in his strong arms.

His body was warm, probably from the workout he just did. His scent was damn intoxicating. And even after all that vigorous activity, he still managed to smell so good which is unfair. He was topless, and even with my night dress and robe on, I could still feel his skin against mine—setting my body into turmoil again!

His close proximity made me feel a sudden rush of desire, and I could feel my heart pounding with anticipation. Memories of last night replayed in my mind over and over, his hands, his lips, his tongue, his naked chest on top of me...

Then I remembered the marks he left on my neck, marks that I still don't understand why he need to do so! As a result of this, all those thoughts and desires were replaced by a feeling of anger. I tried to escape from him, but again, he was too strong for me, and towering over me too!

He wrapped his arm around my body so tightly I couldn't breathe--yes, I would like to think of it that way, but not because he was making me breathless.

He put his hand on my chin and lifted it up, making me stare at his piercing emerald green eyes.

"You must have heard me wrong. I didn't ask if you wanted to eat. I told you to." His tone was hard and unyielding, leaving no room for argument or discussion.

"More like commanded." I said, my voice laced with defiance.

"If you want to think of it that way, fine. Commanded, ordered, demanded, instructed. Whatever. Just eat." There was a certain authority in his voice. And I could tell from his tone that there was no point in trying to argue; it was clear he wanted me to comply with him.

I know he mentioned last night that I was too thin. I saw my reflection and he wasn't wrong. I even reminded myself that I should eat more. But who would want to do that when the sight of that fighting was the first thing you saw in the morning?

It was too violent that I felt sick!

But there's no use arguing with a mafia, especially with the boss. Despite my stubbornness, he was way worse.

So I just glared at him and said, "Well I guess it's your way or the highway to the hospital. So, fine!" I resigned and pushed him away.

I knew he meant well, and I had to eat, but I hated being told what to do.

I went to the dining table and sat down.

"Marko!" He shouted a name I hadn't heard before. In an instant, an Italian-looking guy came out. "This is the lady of the house, Amelia." Theo introduced me with a certain level of respect, indicating that I was an important person in this villa.

Lady of the house.

It's not a very common thing to say, but the Salvatores were traditional and old-fashioned at times so they have passed their ways on to generations.

I remember the first time I heard him say this to introduce me to everyone in the villa, my face turned red and I felt overwhelmed with happiness. It was a sign of respect that I valued and appreciated, and it made me feel like part of the family. I felt like I belonged there, and it brought me warmth and security. That moment was unforgettable for me.

But now, this title means nothing to me anymore. It feels superficial now. Lady of the house, literally the only lady in this house. Not the wife as what it was supposed to mean.

"You will ensure she is well fed and taken care of." Theo added.

Marko bowed his head politely and said, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Signora." I smiled and greeted him warmly. He smiled back and excused himself.

Theo put on his black shirt and sat down at his end of the table, while I was seated on his right.

So he decided to join me this time, huh.

"What happened to the other chef?" I couldn't help but ask.

"I sacked him." He replied without any hint of remorse.

I was taken aback by his callousness, and then I remembered what Lukas told me about their ultimate punishment—sacking was the most awful in the mafia.

"Why do you have to do that?" I asked, surprised.

The food started to come in, but I couldn't understand why we had this much! There's bacon, eggs, lots of pastries from croissants to pancakes, Italian sausages, and coffee. It was too much for us!

"He failed to fulfill his responsibilities." He responded. "His job was to make sure you ate well. But seeing you now, I don't think he was doing what he was asked to do." He answered nonchalantly as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

Feeling annoyed, I muttered under my breath, "Then how come you haven't been suspended for not doing the things you are supposed to do as my husband?" As I helped myself to a freshly brewed Italian coffee.

"What did you say?" He asked.

For a second, I thought he had heard everything I said. However, when I looked at him and saw his face looking confused, I realized he hadn't heard a single word.

"I said you're the best." I growled sarcastically.

"I know." He declared proudly, not taking my sarcasm seriously.

I rolled my eyes, not believing his arrogance.

He was so annoying and a prat today!

Ignoring my obvious annoyance, Theo started filling my plate with bacon, before he put some on his. He always does this whenever we eat together—which I must say is not very often. He then grabbed the sausages and stuffed my plate with way too much food. He kept dumping food on my plate like I hadn't eaten in months!

"Theo, I'm not a child." I exclaimed in disbelief.

"Then stop acting like one." He said, and continued what he was doing.

"Do you really expect me to eat all of this?" I said when he finished putting food on my plate. He then started eating his own.

I glared at him, but he kept eating, unfazed by my deadly stare.

"Start eating, Amelia. Or else lunch will be served soon and I'm happy to fill your plates with the next meal on top of this." The way he stressed out my name was very irritating!

He was being extra difficult today! Did he wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? First that brutal sparring, and now this? I should be the one getting annoyed today because of his behavior last night, but for whatever reason he has, he decided to take his frustration out on me today!

The anger and frustration I felt rose up and I found myself blurting out, "You know what? You're the reason I'm losing my appetite. It's all because of the stress you put me through."

Suddenly, he stopped eating and stared at me. "What do you want so you can start eating again?"

Leave Penelope.

It was tempting for me to say those words, but I swallowed them instead.

"Just don't talk to me," I answered coldly.

We stared at each other for a few moments in a tense silence.

"Done," he said.

Then he started eating again, and never said a word.

His silence was deafening. I felt the tension in the air. It seemed something triggered him, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Was it because of the upcoming dinner?

Because of me sneaking out?

Whatever that is, it's so frustrating!

-END OF CHAPTER 9-

A/N: What do you think? Love it or hate it? I know some of you don't like Theo, but I'm so enjoying writing his character!

Need more? You can read the advance chapters on my Patreon Page: notjustarandomgirl. Currently on Chapter 13.

ENJOY!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.6K 1.1K 9
"I'll take a bullet for you Lex, that's how much I love you. I'd never do that shit for anybody else? I mean shit have you seen how fucking nutty I a...
252K 10.4K 38
(Can be read as a standalone.) I was a hopeless romantic from a young age but when I watched my father strike a deal with his friend in the most desp...
269 19 19
Chance knew the second that he met Kate...she was life-changing. It was the most powerful love until the day he destroyed it. He didn't mean to hur...
1.3K 39 18
Two people born into the same style of life find each other at their worst. Selena and Luca try to deny their feelings for each other but the pressur...