Enchanted (Billionaire Boys...

By booksbykyra

Donatella Winters: Spellbindingly beautiful. Effortlessly smart. Not the most popular but friendly with eve... More

Authors Note.
Playlist
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chaoter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapyer 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chaoter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chaoyer 37
Chapyer 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chaoter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67

Chapter 11

1.6K 53 22
By booksbykyra

                     Donatella:

Once we arrive at the mall, Darius gets out and helps me out of the car.

"Thank you." I say, taking his hand and allowing him to pull me.

I move the few hair strands that have blown into my face to the side and then look up at him, only to find his gaze already on me, quizzical and amused.

"What?"

"Nothing." He blinks and shuts the door, leading us towards the entrance.

"No, what?"

"You thank me very time." He faces me.

"Huh?"

"Whenever I help you out of the car. Or when I open a door for you. You thank me every single time."

"Well, yeah. It's polite." I frown.

He tilts his head to the side. "Hm. You are, aren't you? Polite. Nice."

"I hope so." I laugh bashfully. Feeling slightly scrutinised. Like he's assessing me.

He nods slowly and then pulls me along.

"So, where are we going?"

Suddenly, I feel bad. Like I've dragged him along to something he doesn't want to do.

"You can decide. I made you come. You should choose."

He stops and pins me with a hard expression.

"If I didn't want to come, I wouldn't have. Pick wherever you want to go. Whatever you want to get. We can leave whenever you want to leave. Understand?"

My mouth opens and closes like a fish out of water. The words that came out of his are... considerate. But his gaze is stern and his tone is authoritative.

Maybe he's just really serious about what he said?

I can't lie that looking up at him right now kind of intimidates me.

He wasn't as much like this when we were younger. There were a couple times that he'd get in other kids' faces if they were mean to me but other than that, he was sweet. And he's been kind in the weeks we've known each other. Sometimes a little annoying, but kind.

"Y-yes. I understand."

His eyes lock on mine, travelling down and then away once he faces forward.

"Good. Come on."

We spend some time in random stores. Most of that time being me browsing and him watching me. He doesn't complain, though.

I spot MiuMiu and automatically walk into it.

I haven't found anything in particular that I want to buy yet but I just know that there will be some in here. There always is.

First, I shift through the racks. Bypassing the pieces I don't want and holding onto the things that I do. After about four items, however, it's harder to navigate. So, I turn to Darius.

"Do you mind holding these, please?"

He takes them without a peep, folding them over his arm.

Once I've accumulated a good amount of clothes, I then decide that it's be an excellent idea to pick out some accessories to go with them.

After that, Darius has arms full of clothes, that would have me drowning but on him, it looks just fine. The sales assistant, who also joined us, is carrying four pairs of shoes, a bag and a small basket of hair pieces.

I scan the space one last time before smiling in certainty and clasping my hands in front of me.

"I'm done."

"You sure about that? I still see some pink." Darius quirks a brow. His deep voice dripping with tease.

I tut but the smile returns. I can't help it. I always feel happy when I shop. Especially in my favourite stores when they have an endless array of new items.

"Let's ring these up for you." The woman says and walks us over to the counter.

"Miss Winters."

I face the man behind the smooth marble and mirror his grin.

"I was betting that we'd see you within the week." His eyes flash to the many pieces I've chosen. "And as always, you did not disappoint."

"It's nice to see you. How are you?"

"Very well, thank you. And yourself? Your mother?"

"We're good."

"Wonderful to hear. And who is this young man? Is he your boyfriend?"

I shake my head. "My friend."

"Hm."

Once everything is secured in multiple bags and boxes, I reach into my little purse to collect my card holder but once I retrieve it and turn to pay, Darius is already stepping back.

"I'm sure we'll see you again soon, dear. Take care."

Darius holds onto most of the bags so there's only one left for me to carry.

"Give it to me." He opens his hand. They're huge, I'm now noticing. There are three in it but he still has room.

"It's fine. I can hold it. Do you want to go anywhere?"

"I'm good."

"Are you sure?"

"Don't you remember what I told you before we came in?"

"Alright. I think we should leave, then? I'm pretty sure it's past eight."

"I don't give a fuck about the time. But sure."

Once we're seated in the car, my bags in the back and him turning the exit, I muster up the courage to speak.

"You didn't have to do that, by the way."

"Do what?"

"Pay. I can do that myself."

"I know."

"Then why did you-?"

"Because I can. Because I wanted to."

"Why?"

"I guess your niceness is rubbing off on me." He shoots me a look full of warning. "You should stop that."

"Stop... being nice?"

"Mhm."

"Why?"

"Because you're making me feel guilty." He mutters. More to himself rather than replying to me.

"For what?"

He touches his tongue to his cheek. "Never mind."

"Well, thank you. And sorry for dragging you out." I smooth my thumb over the back of my other hand as they lie in my lap.

"Do I need to remind you what I said? Don't feel bad. I could have said no."

"Fine." I breathe. "But thank you. Really."

"You're welcome." He nods his head, eyes fixated on the road ahead. "So."

"So?"

"We're friends?"

"Huh?"

"You told that guy that I'm your friend."

"I mean, aren't you? I know we're not besties or anything but."

He contemplates it for a minute. And my skin breaks into goosebumps awaiting his answer.

"Yeah. We're friends."

My smile is back.

Are we?

"How do you know him, anyway?"

"The man?" I ask.

"Yeah."

"His son is dating my aunt. I also go there a lot."

"I figured." He chuckles. "Pink fucking princess."

"Hey."

"I didn't say it was a bad thing."

"It's not a bad thing." I stress. "It's a great aesthetic."

"Okay."

"It is."

"I said okay."

I huff and sit back.

After a while of silence, my mind wanders back to the fact that he said that we're really friends.

Is he being serious or does he just feel the obligation to agree with me because if he didn't, it would be awkward for us to work together?

The conversation we just had resembled one of a friendship, didn't it? I mean, there was bickering but that's normal, right?

He didn't seem like he wanted me to get out of the car.

Now that the high of retail therapy is over, I'm now back to an unwanted hypnosis of overthinking and I internally scold myself for it.

When we arrive at my house, he helps with my bags, handing them to some of the staff, who then take them to my room.

"Thank you again." I turn around to him.

He's standing in the doorway. Hands now in his pockets and eyes on me.

"You don't have to keep on thanking me, sweetheart." He murmurs.

"But I'm thankful."  I say lamely. Not knowing what else to say.

The corners of his mouth turn upwards.

I wrap my arms around my middle and move my body side to side. "I feel like I owe you now." I admit.

"For buying your stuff for you?"

I nod.

"Oh yeah? Then, what will you give me?" He takes a step forward.

My lips part. "What do you want?"

My head tilts up so that I can look him in the eyes as he does so down at me.

His are pools of nothingness. Pearls of onyx that call to the darkness surrounding them. Sucking in the shadows like a black hole.

The light from inside reflects is them. Causing small fires to flicker over his irises.

I now understand what some people say about him.

When they say how scary he is. How sometimes, he'll look at people with these eyes and invoke a specific form of intimidation. The type wielding something menacing and awing at the same time.

I've heard some people call him a monster before.

I wouldn't agree seeing how I've seen him so far.

But those eyes. That look.

The way I feel as though I'll suffocate if I look away. Feel as though I'll drown if I don't.

I don't see him moving, gaze glued to his.

His hand comes up to my face. I feel his fingertips brush over my cheek. Barely there. A ghost in the dark.

Then, he tucks a lock of hair behind my ear.

His hand drags down the side of my neck, past my pulse point. Until it's back safely in his jacket.

"Goodnight, darling."

And then he's gone.

I'm in a trance as I shut the door. Make my way to my bedroom. My bathroom. Undress and step into the awaiting tub.

I certainly don't recall this version of him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 2.2K 11
Summer, the hockey coaches daughter. She's bubbly, bright, extremely pretty. Lewis, the captain of the hockey team. He's amazingly hot, popular, kin...
49.8K 2.4K 50
Fallon's sole ambition in life is to escape her miserable hometown once and for all. She dreams of driving away in her convertible and leaving her pa...
805 97 13
"Oh Lord, please let me die faster so that I won't have to see this ugly face ever again." "Aww, I'm flattered to hear that your wishes are dedicated...
201K 4.9K 34
a kinda cliche grumpy x sunshine (i'm living my fantasies through this book) Sera Wynn meets a man one thriller night whom she couldn't really stop...