Hiraeth

By underagesprite

Briar- Rose Black hated harry potter. She absolutely despised him. He and his posse were the bane of her exis... More

Cast
Prologue
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
chapter 17
authors note
chapter 18
authors note
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27

24

542 14 1
By underagesprite

"Briar, we need to talk." Mattheo said walking up to our table, a serious expression on his face.

"uhh is everything okay?" I asked him, confused. "Yes, everything is okay, I just need to talk to you." he replied. He looked around and saw the confused faces of everyone and turned to me again. "right now Briar." He said, his voice even more demanding now.

"Uhh yeah okay, I need to go see Professor Snape early, so we can talk on the way there." I replied, chugging the rest of my coffee, grabbing my books and standing up. "Great, let's go" he said, waiting for me to walk in front of him.

"So what did you wanna talk about?" I asked him as he looked around and replied "not here. wait"

as we left the busy halls, and walked towards the dungeons he finally spoke up. "I know you have the letter," he said, stopping me from walking and grabbing my arm to turn me towards him.

"What letter?" I asked him, faking confusion. I knew exactly what he was talking about but I was not going to tell him that.

"the letter you took from my study room, when you had that Panic attack or whatever" he said as my mind wandered back to that. I did have a panic attack but not because I liked Theo or I felt flustered, but because I felt uncomfortable.

"I didn't see any letter in your study room. I was too busy having a panic attack... remember?" I said to him, hoping he would believe this lie.

"Briar, don't fuck with me right now. I know you have that Letter and I need it back." Mattheo threatened me, grabbing my arm and pulling me closer to him as he glared at me.

"I don't have it mattheo. and besides, what's so important about a letter?" I asked him, still feigning confusion and acting innocent.

"stop fucking around Briar. I know you have the letter, and I know that you've read it and that you know exactly what it means. Give me the goddamn letter" He said, as he dragged me into a small empty hallway, pinning me against the wall.

"i don't have your fucking letter" i said to him, looking right in his eyes. " Merlin Briar. Stop acting like this. I know you have the letter and I know you have questions. Give me the letter and I'll answer all your questions" he offered as I thought about it.

I didn't know if I trust him enough though. Would he lie to me? or not. After reading the letter and staying up all night figuring out what it meant, I didn't know if I could even trust him with a strand of my hair. But it was worth the risk.

"Show me your arm" I said as Mattheo took a deep sigh and pulled up his sleeves to show me both his arms. I quickly muttered the strongest Revealing spell I knew, yet nothing happened, assuring me he didn't have the dark mark.

"I don't have the letter on me right now. Meet me at the astronomy tower tonight and you answer my questions and then I'll give it to you." I told him, breaking out of his grip, and fixing my clothes.

"see now that wasn't so hard?" he smirked, his head tilting to the side as I glared at him. "don't push it" I walked away leaving him standing there.

I didn't want to give him the letter, but I had to. It would help me with a lot of things,but I needed him to answer my questions, since they could help me and Uncle regulus.

I decided to make a copy of the Letter using a spell I learned from one of Uncle Regulus's books and give the original letter to Mattheo, in case anything happens.

But right now I had to focus on school, and the upcoming quidditch match.

——————

"Hey Black!" Adrien Pucey called out, walking towards me with Marcus flint behind him. "What do you want, Pucey?" I asked him, not looking up from what I was doing.

"you're late," he said, standing in front of me as Marcus moved to his side, making a small wall in front of me. "Yes, I know. and?"

"you're late. That means extra training black."

"okay." I said nonchalantly, grabbing my broom from the bench I was sitting on. "Listen here, black. Your father must have been an average player but you are shit at Quidditch. so next time, get here early so you can practise and become at least average." Adrien said, walking closer to me and looking me right in the eyes.

"hmm, well first of all, my father wasn't an 'average' player he was one of the best players. he and James potter are the reason Gryfffindor always won. and not only that but he was a better player then your father and his teammates. Second of all, I'm not a shit player either. because if i really was, then i wouldn't be on the team, nor would i be the first woman on the team in decades. So Adrien, kindly shut the fuck up and let me be." Briar replied to him, stepping closer to Adrien, and glaring at him. As they stood there, Adrien felt threatened.

he knew not to mess with Blair, because she would hex him. "Why were you late today?" He asked me. " I'm on my period. I was cleaning up the blood." I knew mentioning that I was on my period would make him shut up but also adding blood would make him even more uncomfortable and scared. "now leave me the fuck alone Pucey." I said, as I backed up and walked away, leaving them there.

I walked over to the ground where the rest of the players were standing as we waited for Adrien to come here. He was the captain of the team and one of the beaters. Marcus, Bole and I were chasers and Draco was a seeker. The other beater was Montague and the keeper was Griffen. Since Theo injured his leg not too long ago he was substituted by Griffen.

Bole was a 6th year slytherin. He had a buzz cut, and a scar that went from the top of his Right eyebrow to his right cheek. He had tattoos, and a good build which always scared people and made them stay away from him. He had this Silver necklace he would always wear, which sparked up rumours that it was the necklace of the first person he killed, or he stole it. However, Bole got that necklace from his mom. She gave it to him right before she died when he was 7 and he never took it off after that. Besides what people thought about him, Bole was a very nice person. He was the first person to welcome me to quidditch and has always been nice to me. Bole was one of the nicest and softest people I've ever met.

Montague was the opposite. He didn't have a good build or any tattoos. He was a skinny guy, with brown fluffy hair and a cute smile. People would assume he's a nice person but he was not. In fact, he was what people made bole out to be. Montague was the kid who was trying to be like Draco and Mattheo. He wanted to be apart of our 'group' and followed those two around. he would hex random first years and disrespect teachers. He would call the girls names and then Run to his father if something happened to him. Montague was the wannabe, weak boy who would boast about his fighting abilities; both physically and with spell but run from a fight within the first glance. Safe to say everyone hated him. Even snape. Even Minnie.

Griffen was in between. He was nice, but self obsessed to the limit. He wouldn't hex first years, but you would catch him threatening them with detention over the littlest things. He was a prefect and acted like a role model infront of the teachers, but the moment they left he would not care about anything. Griffen would never back down from a fight. Even if it meant dieing during it. He wouldn't drag his father into stuff either since he didn't have a very present father. That's what girls loved about him. 'the fatherless effect'. Apparently it made him seem 'hot' and 'mysterious' but in reality Draco had caught him crying in Myrtles bathroom multiple times.

"Okay 50 push ups, 20  Pull ups then i want you all to take 20 laps of the ground on feet and then 20 on ur broom. whoever does it fastest gets to leave practice early." Adrien said, Picking up his whistle, before he continued. "Black you have 10 extra pushups and 10 extra laps each for being late" 

As he blew the whistle everyone dropped to the ground starting on their push ups. I kept my pace and my balance making sure not to go too fast and get tired already, but also keep up with the others especially with my extra training.

Adrien had been nice to me today. Usually he would give me or anyone else 20 extra push up's and laps each, but i guess he panicked when i told him that i'm on my period.

Running over to the pull up bar that a few Ravenclaws had mounted next to the Boys shed for training, i began on my pull ups. i had managed to finish my push ups in time with the others and decided to speed up on my pull ups.

I ran to the field and began on my laps. By the time i was done with two laps, Draco and Montague had joined me. "why are you going so fast?" Draco asked, catching up to me.

"how are you going so fast?" Montague chimes in. "i have extra laps to do. and i saved my energy during pulls up and push up's." i said speeding past Draco and montague.

i wanted to leave training early. i had to. Me and george were partnered up for a project and we were meeting today to plan everything out and hopefully start working on it, and since i didn't want to smell the whole time i have to leave early and shower.

I finished my laps, putting in extra effort for them, i mounted my broom as i took my place to finish the laps. Draco and Griffen had joined me when i was on lap 4. Draco knew i was fast on my broom, and he didn't try to catch up to me. however, griffen did.

He tried catching up to me, turning and twisting through the obstacles Adrien had enchanted to be in our way. As he pushed a broom with a weird shape on it, he sped through the other obstacles focusing on catching me that he didn't even notice his lack of strength or attention on anything else. By now everyone was watching him loosely go through everything and almost fall a couple times, but get back up, unfortunately.

But, he did fall. From 40 feet up in the air, he came crashing down and breaking multiple bones in his body. He withered in pain on the ground holding different parts of his body. When i came down and walked over to him, Adrien was talking to him.

"that's what you get Griffen." i heard. I knew it wasn't the complete sentence but hey that's what you get Griffen. Adrien sent one of his 'assistants' who was just a first year he had scared into helping him, to call madam pomfrey.

"Black are you done?" Adrien asked me, standing back up from where he was kneeling to look at Griffens injuries. "yes" i simply replied, ignoring Griffen who was laying right next to me and was glaring at me like i purposely pushed him off his broom, and also the group of Gryffindors who were sitting in the stands.

A bunch of girls from different houses would sit out here all day to watch the teams train. They'd tuck their hair behind their ears and wave at the players before going back to giggling with their friends. They would also try and wear slutty clothes, and show off their boobs but that was hard to do. It wasn't winter but since the players were going around the field, Very fast the wind would blow on your face. and these girls decided to sit on the highest stands to get 'better' looks at the players.

"good job black. Sit down while the others complete their training, then we'll start with a match. You can leave 15 mins early." Adrien said clearly impressed, with how fast i had completed the training. I walked over to where the first year assistant was standing and sat down next to him, giving him a smile.

I watched as madam pompfrey came out with a stretcher floating behind her. she bent down and looked at Griffens injuries and asked Adrian questions. i'm sure he denied all responsibility and blamed it all on Griffen. But madam pompfrey still gave him a dirty look. She used her wand to cast a spell and lift griffen off the floor and walked back inside with him in the stretcher following her.

"what's your name?" i asked the first year besides me. "uh- Aaron" he stuttered, which i completely understood why. A lot of people were scared of me, either because of my last name, or because they had seen me hex someone or fight. "Aaron. that's a nice name" i said, giving him a smile in hopes to not scare him.

"how old are you Aaron?" i asked him to which he replied with a short 11. "hey why don't you sit down next to me? i'm sure you're tired from running after Adrien."

"sorry, but mr. Adrien said not to sit down and to always be standing or running." The kid said, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Mr.Adrien?" i repeated to him confused. "yes. Mr. Adrien told me to call him that and nothing else."

"well, don't worry about him, and sit down with me. i have extra water, and if adrien says anything to you, I'll punch him. He's scared of me" i reassured Aaron, in hopes he would listen to me and sit down.

"hey Black!" someone called out from behind me. As i turned my head to look at who, i saw Harry potter and his gang walking towards me. "hey Aaron, there's an extra water bottle in my bag, and there's a chocolate frog in it as well. My bag is outside the girls Shed. Can you go get it for me please? I'll tell Adrien you were doing something for me and i'm sure he'd be happy your helping his players." i asked him, trying to get him to leave so he doesn't have to see me and Potter fight.

"yea okay"
"thank you Aaron" i said as he walked off, And Potter stood infront of me.

"what do you want potter" i asked him as he scoffed. i don't even know what for.

"why are you here black?" he asked me as i looked up at him confused and shocked at how dumb he can be. "i'm here for training?" i replied to him not sure what else to say since it was very clear why i was here. 

"since when we're you on the team?"

"since a few weeks ago. why do you care?"

"i don't." he replied, adjusting his stance as his eyes dashed around the field.

"hey Dean, hey Hermione" i waved to them when i saw Dean coming over. Hermione gave me a little wave back and Dean came forward. "Rosey!! how are you!" Dean asked clearly excited to see me. "I'm good, how are you? How's seamus?" i asked him. Seamus didn't like me that much, but he never talked shit about me and always tried to be nice to me whenever i hung out with dean.

Dean and I were close friends since year 1. We met on the train and we sat together. He told me about his parents and i told him about how i had never met my father and didn't know who my mother was. We then bonded and i guess he decided not to cut me off.

"we're good! Seamus learned a new way to blow things up. it's pretty funny yknow"

"yea i know, i've seen him blow things up and just look into space for the next hour with his hair fried and soot on his face." i replied to him as we both laughed at our memories. But of course saint potter had to cut us off.

"since when were you two friends?" he asked us . "since first year mate. We met on the train and we talked" Dean replied to Potter, shrugging. "and you're willingly friends with her?" He asked dean

"yea mate. I love briar, she's a sister to me. Always helped me with shit, let's me copy off homework sometimes and she's pretty funny" Dean said as i turned towards him and faked being offended. "pretty funny?! Dean Thomas you better correct yourself right now"

"right right sorry, you're not funny at all" he joked as i lightly hit him on the arm. "you asshole!"

"I don't know how you're willingly friends with her. I could never even if someone payed me to. She's just so narcissistic and evil and rude. I bet shes You-know- who's right hand person. I wouldn't be surprised if she's telling him information about all of us" Ron cut us off, as Dean and i looked at each other and back at him.

"you're this pressed about me and dean being friends?" I whispered to myself as Dean over heard me and stifled a laugh. I wanted to make a joke about Him being poor, but i couldn't do that to Fred and George so i said something else.

"Yea weasley, i told him about how much of a coward and a little bitch you are. Yknow what i suggested he should do? I suggested that he should use you against potter since he knows you wouldn't be able to defend your self, let alone defend anyone else."  I said, standing up and walking closer to Ron, looking at him dead in the Eye.

"Hey that's my best friend!" Potter yelled, standing infront of Weasley, who was now close to crying. "what? are you mad that me and voldemort talk about him and not you? Is Your ego that big that you're hurt?" i teased Harry as dean started pulling me back.

"okay let's not do this please" Dean begged, as a crowd formed around us. "no no, potter wants to do this now right? so let's do it"

"you're just a little bitch who's mad that her father doesn't love her. and guess what he never will. So you can go cry about it to your death eater and killer friends while i enjoy my life with your father." He said. This angered me, not because he said shit about my 'father' but because be called my friends and family 'death eaters and killers'

"okay, listen here you fucking asshole. Just because you don't have your parents to love you or any real family to love you, doesn't mean you can go around stealing other peoples family. But then again i don't give a fuck what you and Sirius do. why? because you two will never be anything more then a little dog who couldn't protect his 'bestfriends' from getting killed and was too weak to even fight back, and an orphan who's only coping mechanism is stealing other people's family to feel something. Well let me tell you something you cunt, Sirius doesn't care about you and he never will. you're not his real son and you never will be. And molly and Arthur won't heal your mommy and daddy issues you self centered bitch." i spat at him, as he cowered back in fear.

i could feel everyone's eyes on me, as i saw hermione gasp in horror and Deans eyes widened in shock. Draco was standing there proud as everyone else was visibly scared. "now get out of here" i said as the crowd hurried back inside and Weasley dragged potter, hermione following them.

i turned to Dean who looked at me betrayed. "Dean i-" i started trying to explain but he stepped backwards before walking off. When i turned towards the team Adrien took the cue and diverted the topic back towards training.

this is 3481 words man. but anyways more drammamama

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 4.8K 35
❝ they hate each other. ❞ ❝ no they don't. not really.. ❞ - [james sirius potter x female oc]
861 19 13
in which aurora black has to survive hogwarts with an escaped prisoner father, a new crush on one of her best friends, and a looming war. this love...
48.8K 760 66
Hello I'm Samantha Black but I go by Sam, yes you guessed who my father is the infamous Sirius Black. Legend of the Marauder Era and murderer? I don'...
1.4M 56.3K 158
COMPLETED "I despise you, Sirius Black." "No, no you don't."...